[WIP]UNP Stylish Pirate Armor

Alecu

@Alecu

Your models look very hi-poly.

Well, they are :D. Now I made a low poly version of my armor with around 50k triangles. It is uploading in the same location as I mentioned earlier in this topic and will be done soon. It is called b66s. I could make them go down even more. Modern characters in high end games have around 50k.

Edit: Seems to hang in the editor. It is partially loaded. Maybe I added too many triangles. I will a lighter version

You don't need to make a new armor from scratch. Just finish the model using the _0 body. When done, imported and tested into CK/Skyrim (and you are happy with the result), we'll talk about the bodyslide. ;)

Teach me how to use BS :C, me also got this kind of probie a lot ._.

Guys, I also have a small question, I want to make the armor a single model and the hat a separate model. Is this okay :D ? It's too complicated to make multiple models like boots.

Edit: I almost finished most of the textures around 80%

34601-1427408931.png

Is that dagger going to stay there? Seems like it'd get in the way if the character uses any one-handed edged weapon.

Do you mind making a none-high heels version? I despise High heels...

Alecu: I also second this. Any possibility of seeing a non-high heel version in the future?

Guys, I also have a small question, I want to make the armor a single model and the hat a separate model. Is this okay :D ? It's too complicated to make multiple models like boots.

Edit: I almost finished most of the textures around 80%

34601-1427408931.png

Is that dagger going to stay there? Seems like it'd get in the way if the character uses any one-handed edged weapon.

Do you mind making a none-high heels version? I despise High heels...

Alecu: I also second this. Any possibility of seeing a non-high heel version in the future?

I think I will leave ot like this. Sorry, I am already bored of it. I have other ideas and other things to do in real life :P.

Ok, got this thing in-game. It works just fine :P. But the body dissappears :( and I do not know what do to. I won't post any pictures yet because I am too embarrased.

Ok, got this thing in-game. It works just fine :P. But the body dissappears :( and I do not know what do to. I won't post any pictures yet because I am too embarrased.

The armour looks gorgeous!

With the disappearing body, have you included a body in the mesh? Anything equipped in slot 32 replaces the character's body, so if any skin is showing between neck/wrists/ankles the body needs to be provided by the mesh.

With the disappearing body, have you included a body in the mesh? Anything equipped in slot 32 replaces the character's body, so if any skin is showing between neck/wrists/ankles the body needs to be provided by the mesh.

Yep, I did include a body mesh in the armor nif. But when I set up the armor I didn't add this race to the armor. Should I have added it?

Yep, I did include a body mesh in the armor nif. But when I set up the armor I didn't add this race to the armor. Should I have added it?

I'm no expert at this kind of thing. With one or two armour mods I've made new esps out of them for my own game, and usually I'll duplicate a vanilla armour entry and its add-on and then tweak them for the stats, enchantments, keywords and slots I want and to point to the right meshes, then make craft/temper recipes, too. Normally they're already set up so any race can equip it with the possible exception of beast races who have their own versions. If I do need to fiddle with races I tend to just select Default Race then go through the list of extra races and make sure each playable race, and their vampire versions, are all selected.

I'm no expert at this kind of thing. With one or two armour mods I've made new esps out of them for my own game, and usually I'll duplicate a vanilla armour entry and its add-on and then tweak them for the stats, enchantments, keywords and slots I want and to point to the right meshes, then make craft/temper recipes, too. Normally they're already set up so any race can equip it with the possible exception of beast races who have their own versions. If I do need to fiddle with races I tend to just select Default Race then go through the list of extra races and make sure each playable race, and their vampire versions, are all selected.

I forgot to add the proper flags to the body. Now it works. I still need to tweak the rig and the textures and then I can release this.

34601-1427557209.jpg

I forgot to add the proper flags to the body. Now it works. I still need to tweak the rig and the textures and then I can release this.

34601-1427557209.jpg

So far look fantastic. Can't wait for relase. Good work.

You don't need to make a new armor from scratch. Just finish the model using the _0 body. When done, imported and tested into CK/Skyrim (and you are happy with the result), we'll talk about the bodyslide. ;)

I use KgTools, not Bodyslide tools. I can make a small tutorial, but the explanations of the process is here: http://kgtools.org/clothing-converter/using-clothing-converter/

Gerra6 also has threads under the Modders Resources tab for the clothing converter mesh rigger and seam mender.

For ones that don't want high heels if the mesh in the nifs are not all attached to one mesh they can remove them from the nifs and replace them with something else using nifskope themselves fairly easily. So I wouldn't worry about that much.

@Alecu

Looks really good.

I use KgTools, not Bodyslide tools. I can make a small tutorial, but the explanations of the process is here: http://kgtools.org/clothing-converter/using-clothing-converter/

please make the small tutorial, id really appreciate it.

also for the Mesh rigger portable package, the download link wasnt there. can you provide an LL forum link for KG tools? thankies C:

please make the small tutorial, id really appreciate it.

also for the Mesh rigger portable package, the download link wasnt there. can you provide an LL forum link for KG tools? thankies C:

Sure, I'll make a step-by-step tutorial. Should be ready very soon (today/tomorrow).

The KgTools thread is here.

OK, without wanting to hijack Alecu's thread, I've created a simple tutorial that should be useful for creating the weight slides, assuming one of the ends (0 or 1) is done. http://tes5stuff.blogspot.pt/2015/03/tutorial-using-kgtools-for-bodyslide.html

I've done it by memory and in my lunch hour, I've just got time to take some screenshots, so let's hope I didn't forgot nothing. Just tell me if anything is not right.

OK, without wanting to hijack Alecu's thread, I've created a simple tutorial that should be useful for creating the weight slides, assuming one of the ends (0 or 1) is done. http://tes5stuff.blogspot.pt/2015/03/tutorial-using-kgtools-for-bodyslide.html

I've done it by memory and in my lunch hour, I've just got time to take some screenshots, so let's hope I didn't forgot nothing. Just tell me if anything is not right.

ill look into this right away ! id come back and ask anything i dont understand. thankies C:

Sorry for being stupid :cool:  but how do I download the kgtools? I downloaded something called clothing converter, the upgrade version. I also downloaded portable python version 2.7.1 and installed it in the folder in the kg tools "portable python". But when I run it it just opens up and did not show any windows :(. Maybe I got the wrong python version?

And the armor is done :D. Just need to make the 1 body :D. Also I have a weird bug on the top underneath the jacket. It is too shinny. I had to tone down the specular map a lot but this is not normal. Maybe I added a weird flag to the material in the nif?

kgtools is just the name of the site the tools are the clothing converter mesh rigger seam mender and tools for blender not sure if the new clothing converter comes with other things like pose converter or not. I think all I had to do was download the tool since I already have blender 2.49 installed but never really used it but the clothing converter has worked all the time. There is a save folder that should have log files for any tool that you have tried to run if there was a error it might list what it is in there at the bottom.

It's available for download at nexus : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64348/?

Great, gonna grab it as soon as I can. :D    Did you managed to make the bodyslide?

The shine in the dress could be from an high glossiness value (could be other things too).

Nop, the program crashed for me. But I am kind of glad because the mesh is too complicated in the area ti be properly deformed. It took me a wooping 30 minutes to make the other body :P.

The seams at the hands are a bit of a trouble right now but I will fix them some time when I am more rested and have free time.

Could be something in the mesh it didn't like. I was playing around with a armor earlier today as soon as I hit ok for the clothing converter to start converting it would close as soon as I hit it. Scratched the head for a bit then started looking inside the nif and noticed the body that I had pasted in was given Scene Root for it's name. Changed the name to something else and converter started converting.

Could also be a memory issue/thing if the tool you are using runs out of memory trying to work on a item.

I know the clothing converter/mesh rigger will crash/close if they run out of memory.

Ideally, you should make the body mesh use BSNumUVSets=1 and HasNormals=No since all hand, foot and head meshes use these settings.  HasNormals=yes will use tangent-space normal mapping and Skyrim uses object-space normal maps for skin textures.  It is not appropriate to use tangent-space normal maps for skin textures and using a different normal map method for the body guarantees that you will have noticeable seams at the neck, wrists and feet.  Your outfit covers the neck and foot seams, but not the wrists.

I'm not a fan of high heels in fantasy games, but this outfit doesn't look particularly suited to Skyrim anyway so I won't bemoan that choice.  If you still need help with ground models, I'd be happy to help.

And not to start a fight with anyone, but after meticulously modeling this in Maya, I wouldn't use bodyslide to generate the _1 mesh or anything else.  That tool is not on par with Maya or 3DSMax and you risk damaging the outfit skin using such a clumsy method.  It's very likely that doing so will deform a high-poly mesh such as this and there will be substantial clipping as a result.

Ideally, you should make the body mesh use BSNumUVSets=1 and HasNormals=No since all hand, foot and head meshes use these settings.  HasNormals=yes will use tangent-space normal mapping and Skyrim uses object-space normal maps for skin textures.  It is not appropriate to use tangent-space normal maps for skin textures and using a different normal map method for the body guarantees that you will have noticeable seams at the neck, wrists and feet.  Your outfit covers the neck and foot seams, but not the wrists.

I'm not a fan of high heels in fantasy games, but this outfit doesn't look particularly suited to Skyrim anyway so I won't bemoan that choice.  If you still need help with ground models, I'd be happy to help.

And not to start a fight with anyone, but after meticulously modeling this in Maya, I wouldn't use bodyslide to generate the _1 mesh or anything else.  That tool is not on par with Maya or 3DSMax and you risk damaging the outfit skin using such a clumsy method.  It's very likely that doing so will deform a high-poly mesh such as this and there will be substantial clipping as a result.

It was a bit of a challenge to adapt this even with maya and a custom made lattice for the body :D. Even then I had to be careful not to pull anything too far to stretch the texture too much.

I was pretty lucky and the mesh does not clip so far in-game but the Maya wrap object tool that I used to make the _1 body is pretty advanced as it is and does a lot of you like adjusting the armor surface when you change the object lattice.

I think I still need to remake the _1 mesh using multiple lattices. But it's really easy.

Archived