[WIP]UNP Stylish Pirate Armor

Alecu

Hello guys, some people know me as Cold Blood or Alecu. I did make some Oblivion armors back when oblivion was popular and sincer then I took a break.

I currently have a work in progress armor for Skyrim but I have a lot of trouble exporting this to Skyrim because most exporters suck for Skyrim.

I modified the maya exporter to work for Skyrim properly but I can't rig complex meshes in Maya, the irony because it should be the best animation program ever.

I think I can figure out how to export them but I would need some help figuring out how to get these into Skyrim properly as a craftable armor. I still do not know how to make ground meshes.

This is how the armor looks:

34601-1425970923.png

34601-1425747908.png

Anyway, I will be releasing 2 or 3 versions of this armor at most with UNP.

Sorry, I do not like to port this to other bodies, waste of time and I am a lazy bastard :P but  I will provide the entire meshes with blend files and unsubdivided meshes :D.

Also making skimpy versions of it is not my style, you guys can play with them as you like.

Anyway, someone offered to make me a fully rigged and merged into one mesh UNP body with head, hands and feet. But if it does not work I would really want a body like that to finish this work.

The screenshots are not the most up to date, now it looks even better :D.

Thanks

I am posting here because on other forums I do not get a lot of feedback and most of the people there do not care about the development process. Only at the end they get the armor, make a couple of screenshots for their uber characters but that's about it.

It's kind of annoying, at least if you get it for free please support the author in some way.

I'm not sure a maya as I mostly use Gerra6's clothing converter for converting armors instead of things like blender or 3Dmax and use mesh rigger for other things like adding/removing bones. It might work for adding rigging for your outfit.

Rig and Weightpaint nifs without a 3D program!

Quickly and easily add BBP, TBBP, BB, BBB, BNB, etc to an entire collection of clothing and armor with a few clicks of a button!
This tool automatically copies Bones, Weightpainting, Dismemberment Partitions, and much more for Skyrim, Fallout and Oblivion meshes.
The tool can process a single nif, multiple nifs, or even an entire directory structure at once.
You can now add one or more bones to an entire clothing collection with a couple of quick clicks.
And rigging a raw mesh or stripping and re-rigging an existing mesh is a simple as running the tool.  

I'm not sure a maya as I mostly use Gerra6's clothing converter for converting armors instead of things like blender or 3Dmax and use mesh rigger for other things like adding/removing bones. It might work for adding rigging for your outfit.

Rig and Weightpaint nifs without a 3D program!

Quickly and easily add BBP, TBBP, BB, BBB, BNB, etc to an entire collection of clothing and armor with a few clicks of a button!
This tool automatically copies Bones, Weightpainting, Dismemberment Partitions, and much more for Skyrim, Fallout and Oblivion meshes.
The tool can process a single nif, multiple nifs, or even an entire directory structure at once.
You can now add one or more bones to an entire clothing collection with a couple of quick clicks.
And rigging a raw mesh or stripping and re-rigging an existing mesh is a simple as running the tool.  

That's the thing, it says in the readme that I need a template body but I do not have a fully merged UNP body with hands, feet and head to use as a template and I do not know how to make one :(.

You don't need a full template with hands feet and head unless the armor/outfit has gloves/boots/head item. To put a body together into one nif all you would have to do is get/find a body that you would want to use and throw it into mesh rigger in the target folder then take the hand feet head and body nif that you choose for input files which will be the ones that are used to add the bones to the target nif. When you run mesh rigger and get ready to select your input nif/nifs hold down the CTRL and select the body hand head and foot nif then hit ok then hit select target folder and hit ok and wait for it to complete. This will allow you to paste hands head and feet into the body nif that you just ran through mesh rigger using nifskope.

*Note

Use the same body types for the best results like UNP and UNP CBBE and CBBE.

CBBE has a different UV map then UNP and results may vary and you can't use the UV map option as they have different ones.

You don't need a full template with hands feet and head unless the armor/outfit has gloves/boots/head item. To put a body together into one nif all you would have to do is get/find a body that you would want to use and throw it into mesh rigger in the target folder then take the hand feet head and body nif that you choose for input files which will be the ones that are used to add the bones to the target nif. When you run mesh rigger and get ready to select your input nif/nifs hold down the CTRL and select the body hand head and foot nif then hit ok then hit select target folder and hit ok and wait for it to complete. This will allow you to paste hands head and feet into the body nif that you just ran through mesh rigger using nifskope.

*Note

Use the same body types for the best results like UNP and UNP CBBE and CBBE.

CBBE has a different UV map then UNP and results may vary and you can't use the UV map option as they have different ones.

That's the thing, I need a full body, my armor will have gloves, boots, neck and everything :(.

I don't believe heads have the neck node in them they only have NPC Spine02 [spn2] and NPC Head [Head] a skeleton on the other hand does have a neck node and you can use a skeleton as your input template as long as it doesn't have a shit ton of nodes in the skeleton as ones that have way too many nodes in them when you get to the bone node selection screen the screen will be too big and you won't be able to hit the ok button for mesh rigger to start.

Your armor would only need to have the body mesh in it to be able to add nodes to it. I used a CBBE armor for a quick show and added a head and feet nodes to the armor for some reason the toes hands and fingers didn't work but that might be because I'm using UNP nifs or there is some problems in those nifs.

post-25667-0-88996600-1427309154_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-69091200-1427309279_thumb.jpg

I am posting here because on other forums I do not get a lot of feedback and most of the people there do not care about the development process.

What are the other forums you post to?

Well, I tried nexus forums a while ago and tesadventures.

nice mesh !

it only a request though, but can you also provide the blend files that already subdivided too? Thankies C:

i'd wait for this !

I post my stuff on my one drive. Here is a link to the folder with all the related stuff

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=713D9EE54E2BDF40!59951&authkey=!APcOhQn90Vd_WLg&ithint=folder%2cblend

If you do release my stuff, please make it public. I do not agree with private released stuff :P.

That's what I hate about some other forums were people post cool stuff without making them public.

And a lot of them rip off other authors. I already see some of my stuff used around by other people despite saying that I want anything that uses my stuff to be made public.

nice mesh !

it only a request though, but can you also provide the blend files that already subdivided too? Thankies C:

i'd wait for this !

I post my stuff on my one drive. Here is a link to the folder with all the related stuff

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=713D9EE54E2BDF40!59951&authkey=!APcOhQn90Vd_WLg&ithint=folder%2cblend

If you do release my stuff, please make it public. I do not agree with private released stuff :P.

That's what I hate about some other forums were people post cool stuff without making them public.

And a lot of them rip off other authors. I already see some of my stuff used around by other people despite saying that I want anything that uses my stuff to be made public.

Yay thanks for the files ! C:

um, actually if youre the real author, i suggest that its better if you post it as a mod here in LL if not already.

im gonna use it to study things though, and if im gonna release something else, its probably using another Body Type, and id credit you asl well C:

Edit :

after seeing the onedrive folder, the b# files , was it  according to development from scratch? which means b63c is the final ones right? 

and im sorry for asking another, but if you happen to upload it as a mod, can you include the link as well in your first post? thankies .

nice mesh !

i'd wait for this !

Yay thanks for the files ! C:

um, actually if youre the real author, i suggest that its better if you post it as a mod here in LL if not already.

im gonna use it to study things though, and if im gonna release something else, its probably using another Body Type, and id credit you asl well C:

Edit :

after seeing the onedrive folder, the b# files , was it  according to development from scratch? which means b63c is the final ones right? 

and im sorry for asking another, but if you happen to upload it as a mod, can you include the link as well in your first post? thankies .

Yep, 63c is the last one, b4 or b5 is the first one. Also there are a lot of layers in each file with backup versions of each armor piece.

Also they contain backed images for shadows. You can use more. I will upload the final one today.

Check the b66c one. That's the final one.

Hi Alecu, good to see you here :)

Haven't check the files in your drive yet, are the poly count like the other outfits from Oblivion? 

You guessed it right. But I also have the plain models that have like 50k triangles or less. Those are the original unsubdivided models. I will give them too.

Too lazy to use them though but anyone can rig them and the textures work jusst fine.

Haven't check the files in your drive yet, are the poly count like the other outfits from Oblivion? 

You guessed it right. But I also have the plain models that have like 50k triangles or less. Those are the original unsubdivided models. I will give them too.

Too lazy to use them though but anyone can rig them and the textures work jusst fine.

I've shared here in LL a conversion of your Rogue Outfit some time ago, some users complain about CTD when wear it despite meeting the XPMS requirements; turned out it was the mesh, too "heavy" to handle for low-end computers  :ph34r:

If you don't want to make any personally more conversions outside UNP , I can take the conversion for 7B, if you are OK with it.

I've shared here in LL a conversion of your Rogue Outfit some time ago, some users complain about CTD when wear it despite meeting the XPMS requirements; turned out it was the mesh, too "heavy" to handle for low-end computers  :ph34r:

If you don't want to make any personally more conversions outside UNP , I can take the conversion for 7B, if you are OK with it.

Sure, go ahead :D. But the textures are not done yet and I might change them a lot.

Guys, I also have a small question, I want to make the armor a single model and the hat a separate model. Is this okay :D ? It's too complicated to make multiple models like boots.

Edit: I almost finished most of the textures around 80%

34601-1427408931.png

The armor dismembering should be doable (easier to do if the full nif have different NiTriShapes branches for the boots and torso).

Looking really great  :cool:

They are separate meshes :D. But I still have another problem. For the 0 and 1 bodies I need to cut some vertices from each body to remove some clipping. But that will scree up the polygon count. So I would need to remove the faces exactly in the same order for both bodies :D.

Or I can adapt an already modified 0 body to the 1 body but then I will have seams at the hands because it's almost impossible to match the area where the body joins with the hand :(.

I also managed to get a normal mesh to around 50k triangles for the low resolution version of the mesh for other mod authors to use it.

The armor dismembering should be doable (easier to do if the full nif have different NiTriShapes branches for the boots and torso).

They are separate meshes :D. But I still have another problem. For the 0 and 1 bodies I need to cut some vertices from each body to remove some clipping. But that will scree up the polygon count. So I would need to remove the faces exactly in the same order for both bodies :D.

Or I can adapt an already modified 0 body to the 1 body but then I will have seams at the hands because it's almost impossible to match the area where the body joins with the hand :(.

I also managed to get a normal mesh to around 50k triangles for the low resolution version of the mesh for other mod authors to use it.

No, don't cut vertices of the body, use other method. After creating the _0 nif, use a tool to create the _1 nif like KGTools or Bodyslide - this will work way better that cutting parts manually that will explode the mesh when sliding between the _0 and _1 weights. Also, it is better to slide the outfit only after one of the nifs is skinned and working in game. did you test it yet?

No, don't cut vertices of the body, use other method. After creating the _0 nif, use a tool to create the _1 nif like KGTools or Bodyslide - this will work way better that cutting parts manually that will explode the mesh when sliding between the _0 and _1 weights. Also, it is better to slide the outfit only after one of the nifs is skinned and working in game. did you test it yet?

Ok, I don't know the exact steps or order to make a new armor from scratch. I do not want to do something and then find out I should have done something before hand so all the work that I have done was for nothing :(.

Archived