Rosso, Daedric Follower alpha testing

JBloggz

I finally managed to get a working version of Daedric Rosso, but I want to stress test/tweak, yadda yadda, with you guys, cuz a lot of you are better at this than me.

So...

I've got all the parts together in a zip, don't know if this file is 100% successful (because it works fine for me).

Requirements: 

I don't even know, man

I assume that because the original body (a Sevenbase variant picked up from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59416/? ) requires both HDT and Groovetama's XPMS skeleton (version 2.43 or higher/newer), you will probably need both of those things. However, most people probably have those installed anyway (I am a presumptuous bastard). Everything else about her is either vanilla or included in the file.

Just in case..

HDThttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996/?

XPMS: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D26800&pUp=1

So yeah, leave some feedback, post some shots, blabla. And tell me of any problems. 

You can find Rosso in the Temple of the Divines in Solitude, near the front (or somewhere around that area). You might encounter a problem where she may not be there (possibly). In which case, type 'help rosso' in the console, and she'll be the SECOND NPC listed (the first is.. dunno what it is). Just do the old player.placeatme *ID* if this the case.

Download 'Alpha' Rosso below. (Updated 28/03/15)

Original thread post:

I reeeeeally want to make a follower mod of Rosso, I've been wanting to for ages. Thing is, I am completely overwhelmed  by creating a follower being someone who is not versed ord adept with any aspect of gaming software (except audio), so I'd take forever to make it (having failed miserably many times before). However, this isn't post about the creation, its about the character:

If you guys wanted to see either normal Rosso or daedra Rosso, who would it be? I think they're both doable, even with Rosso's tattoos (maybe, don't know how feasible that particular aspect could be minus the 'can't use overlay tattoos' thing) but before I dive in head first, which one would you choose?

Normal

MJgI0X4.png

Daedra

bYdTLu5.png

Thanks for the responses so far, guys. Voting's still open as I want a definitive response, still can't get this stupid poll to work but whatever, posts do fine.  :lol: 

I might just do both versions depending on how successful the first is, but we'll see. 

Day 1 Update:

Welp, hit my first major snag. I've had some success following the various guides on how to make an NPC, but when I try to render the whole thing, either in the world space or just in the NPC window, the CK immediately crashes but not before laying done a bunch of error messages. No idea what to do now.  :( 

I like the normal one. Would be great if you chenge leeps also

Do wut?  :huh:

Day 1 Update:

Welp, hit my first major snag. I've had some success following the various guides on how to make an NPC, but when I try to render the whole thing, either in the world space or just in the NPC window, the CK immediately crashes but not before laying done a bunch of error messages. No idea what to do now.  :( 

I like the normal one. Would be great if you chenge leeps also

Do wut?  :huh:

i think he(or she) means lips by leeps :DD

Ohhhh, ok. Well, dunno, not sure I really want to go messing around with her current look (again, after the countless other times I already did). Maybe once I've got something finished, I'll upload the chargen stuff and people can use either preset, but I think its a bit of a no-go atm, I have no idea what I'm going to do next. :unsure: 

(halp?)

Uh, since Racemenu has that nice little "import head mesh" feature, I wonder if it really is usefull to upload the character as a follower. Not saying "your work won't be worth the effort" - no no, I remember many of the stories you posted here on LL (and it's damn fine work!). But if you would go the other way, the whole poll would be obsolete; one has the head, one can make it a Daedra with ease (e.g. by importing it on the succubus race).

Just my humble opinion, of course.

I get what you're saying, I just want it done a particular way for ease of use in screenshotting etc. Also want to have a mod to my name, rofl. 

I want the character to be as accurate as possible, but to do that is really fucking hard for a complete novice such as myself. I'm following these wiki instructions perfectly but I'm just constantly running into problems that I've no clue how to fix. I was thinking of asking someone who has done this before but... me being me, I don't really want to bother them with something like this, I spose. Thanks for the input though. 

Many people will remember your contribution to the community so far (as I said before, your stories we're very well done, and enough capable people will know your work), so I guess at some time someone will ask you the right questions (or offer help more directly). I guess many people out here already made followers but came to the conclusion that a follower in the quality of Vilja e.g. (own quests, own voice) needs tons of working hours (and material) to complete.

Don't want to spoil your project, but the question is on what your aiming, if it's doable (with no or little support, at the worst) and if you are willing to put all the effort into it. Personally, I like making small goals and moving forward. Plus in the time of large activity in threads like "share your preset" and the whole "Unified" project, I find followers with their own textures and meshes to be out-dated. In my humble opinion - and I hope, I am not disturbing your thread here.

Unfortunately I am only a user, and can't help you with good advice. But of course I wish you all the good luck you can muster. :)

I think you should make both a follower honestly because they're both fantastic.

Edit:  Also a little tip, The easiest way (most likely, and in my experience) for you to learn the follower system and what not, is to look at someone else's follower mod and see what they did and see what's needed.  After that, you write out the code necessary (and use CK) based on what you've seen.  Just remember to not copy paste anyone else's code.

I think you should make both a follower honestly because they're both fantastic.

Edit:  Also a little tip, The easiest way (most likely, and in my experience) for you to learn the follower system and what not, is to look at someone else's follower mod and see what they did and see what's needed.  After that, you write out the code necessary (and use CK) based on what you've seen.  Just remember to not copy paste anyone else's code.

Thaaaats actually rather clever, cheers.  :lol:

Day 2 update

Restarted from scratch, made race first this time, mostly successful. Only problem is that she renders in a permanent 'T pose' but I think that's probably a skeleton issue (and I think I know how to fix it). 

Only immediate problem is making her specific hair colour, as its a racemenu-orangey thing, and part of the hair mesh seems to be missing somehow (so it looks like she has a fringe and a ponytail but with baldness in between). Probably a nifmerge mistake on my part (or I just forgot a .tri along the way), but the chargen renders perfectly.

It may sound a bit straightfaced, but I'm amazed, this is a complete turn around in progress from yesterday.  :lol: 

Thanks for the vote, Infernus.  :P 

So, basically, she is almost finished, but I have two problems:

Permanent T-shape in-game

No idea what to do for this one, I assume its the skeleton I added, in which case, does anyone have any clue of which is a good skeleton to use OR how exactly do I get rid of the T-pose?

Apachii hair is devious and seems to have bonus tri files that I don't know how to add to the character

Or at least, this specific hair does (human58 from apachiiskyhairfemale pack). This isn't so much a problem as it is a teeeedious fucking thing to change, but aside from that, can anyone suggest hair packs that are high quality and don't need/can get easy permission for?

Fixed the hairline issue, was a matter of just swapping some bits around. 

Xpmse by xp32 is the only skeleton id recommend anyone but ud have to get his authorization first i think, but i doubt hed say "no" to such a talented person :3. If ur still having problems creating standalone followers, try this guide i found awhile ago. I havent fully used it yet but do intend to.. one day, after i actually play skyrim first lol..

Its even got a step by step guide with photos ^^. For idiots like me ;).

Tutorial - Creating Standalone NPCs v1_2-25673-1-2.7z

Hmm, thing is I'm already using Groovtama's skeleton (v2.43 because its more mod friendly on my end) which is pretty much the same thing. No idea what the issue could be, I run FNIS, I used 3 other skeletons from other follower mods to see if THAT worked, but no difference. I used a little bit of that guide before actually, however it doesn't deal with standalone races, which is where the issue is for me (cuz you edit the skeleton for the race of the NPC, not the NPC itself, or at least that's what CK tells me). 

Iunno, guess I'll just have to trial and error a way through, cuz I can't find anything online to help my specific problem. Thanks for the input though  :lol:

OKAY.

I've figured out what the problem is.

It's not my skeleton.

Basically, I did the cross referencing thing of character internals. In the 'Animation' tab for NPC's, every npc has a full list of Havok Anims, including mod followers.

HOWEVER.

The list for Rosso is completely blank.

She has no anims.

I don't even know what to fucking do anymore. I can't seem to add any and I have no idea how to put them back or... HSNNFGNNgjsnshkghsghgnghghg  :angry:

Don't quote me on this because I have absolutely no experience with modding, but I would guess if the skeleton is an issue don't apply one, maybe it would automatically be used if it's loaded into the game.

Also, could you just copy other animations into the list? Say if you wanted to use female walking animation, just find an npc that uses it and copy the animation file over?

Basically I imagine it like any file in a mod. I'm probably wrong, in which case ignore me.

Archived