Clarification about TBBP/HDT and RaceMenu body scales

I want to check what is and isn't possible with TBBP/HDT and things like RaceMenu's body part scaling feature.

I want scalable breasts, for RaceMenu's body scales feature and certain mods like Mana Tanks. And I would like to use HDT, but I don't want HDT movement for every kind of armour and clothing. As in, I don't want jiggling for full plate armours but still want the breast scaling.

Is this possible? I'm beginning to suspect that meshes are either fully HDT-enabled and jiggle regardless of armour type, or they're not and breast sizes are limited by the main weight slider.

Only armors with bone-weights translated from the HDT body will move, so as long as you don't copy that weight data to the armor mesh, it won't move. TBBP however, will only move with the correct animation files as it uses animations rather than the havok physics engine (armors must still be correctly weighted). Weighting can be manually added in outfit studio provided you've installed CBBE-HDT dependencies.

As for racemenu's XPMSE bodyscale feature, it works with all body types as long as you are using the correct skeleton (XPMSE, necessary for bodyscaling in racemenu to even work). HDT physics will still function on breast/butt/etc that have been modified with said racemenu plugin as long as the mesh is HDT enabled.

OK. So would an armour piece not jiggle while still supporting the RaceMenu/XPMSE body scale feature if the armour's mesh is not HDT enabled but still has breast bone weights?

If you want Mana Tanks to scale your boobs, while having the HDT Physics Extensions installed, but NOT want the boobs to jiggle, then that is impossible.

Whenever something supports bone scaling, it will also jiggle if you use HDT/TBBP.

The new RaceMenu morph features (not the bone scaling of XPMSE, but actual morphing) that comes with RM 3.1 and BodySlide 2.3, can morph your body independently, even if you don't have TBBP/HDT compatible clothing. But mods like Mana Tanks don't make use of this, at least not yet.

• 5 months later...

If you want Mana Tanks to scale your boobs, while having the HDT Physics Extensions installed, but NOT want the boobs to jiggle, then that is impossible.

Whenever something supports bone scaling, it will also jiggle if you use HDT/TBBP.

The new RaceMenu morph features (not the bone scaling of XPMSE, but actual morphing) that comes with RM 3.1 and BodySlide 2.3, can morph your body independently, even if you don't have TBBP/HDT compatible clothing. But mods like Mana Tanks don't make use of this, at least not yet.

speaking of mana tanks, i've been having a problem with bodyslide, it does't scale with my mana level

Archived