what do you guys want modded?

suebi

I'm looking to give back to the community which has given me so much fappage for so many of the games I love. But I'm running into an initial dilemma.

I know this topic question is very open ended, but maybe I can narrow down what I'm looking for.

I've got experience with programming in a few different languages and I've worked with a few different scripting languages. However, I have no experience with making textures or animations.

I also have a background with writing and my primary language is english.

I'm a complete perv and I love sexing up my games with the mods I've been finding here. What I've noticed in these is that older games like NWN tend to rely almost completely on written dialogue with a few sexual animations or nude textures thrown in. On the other hand, I've felt like lots of the content made for the latest games (like Skyrim or Fallout) feature amazing animations and simulation systems made by our talented animators and modders, but this seems to be at the cost of attention to the dialogue running the story.

My primary example would be the amazing writing in Dance with Rogues for NWN, versus the amazing animation and simulation content made for SexLab for Skyrim.

I suppose what I'm asking is this: are you guys today more interested in new games with advanced combat and beautiful graphics and hot pr0n animations? Or does anyone still value simpler games with tons of dialogue and different scene paths showing the different ways things play out through lust, fear, pride,  guilt,  innocence, etc. Or are you guys wanting all of the above?

I'm planning to start working on a mod soon and it's going to have some very dark and raunchy content. I'd like to have everything from innocence lost and torture to lusty adventuress conquering through fun sex. And even (gasp) non sexual paths. I'd love to include as many fetishes as possible while not forcing any particular ones on anyone. The list of content I'm uncomfortable with writing is unbelievably short.

What are you guys looking for?

Well for Skyrim or New Vegas I've always wanted a dialogue/choice-heavy mod that has sexual situations involved. Also not having sex be the destination but a natural part of a story is something I always enjoyed. I'm very open-minded in what type of content I enjoy in such adult mods, but if they come with heavy dialogue/choices/a story then I am all-in.

Edit: To clarify what I mean by "sex being a destination" I think of many romances in games like Baldur's Gate 2. It's like you spend all this time getting to know someone, having interesting choices during and then you sleep together and that's it. No more interaction, no more conversations, no real follow-up to what happened save for the single morning after talk... it just drops. I understand a mod can't go on eternally but it always kinda bugged me how fast things went from interesting to dead after one event.

I'd have to second Contessa's suggestion. I love the idea of having a choice heavy relationship mod. Maybe with tie-ins to the vanilla story line. Meaning that maybe "special" scenes are available after certain points in the story. Like right before the Battle for Whiterun, and right before you go kill Alduin, things like that. 

I third Contessa, sex shouldn't be a reward for spending time, it should be a natural part of a relationship. Banter, clever writing, push and pull like a real relationship is what's sorely lacking in games. Also I wouldn't mind some sexy armor that isn't too skimpy. Think Xena Warrior Princess style. :)

after a few more posts what you're going to end up realising is that...

all the things.

and then after you release people will ask for even more.

tee hee.

your mod is great, but you should add feature X from mod Y that technically isn't related because it would be cool!"

i find once you get your initial direction, mod what you want first before letting people get in your head.

Yeah, self-inflicted mod creep is bad enough.  Having input from demanding downloaders who don't have a clue about what it takes to make a mod would be fucking nightmare.  There are mods here now that have solid direction and the upload threads are bombarded with suggestions and requests that don't even jive with what the mods are trying to accomplish.

IMO, there are three things that make a good mod; a compelling story or plot, exciting combat and the mechanics for how that is all implemented.  Anything after that is sauce on the BBQ.

Anything after that is sauce on the BBQ.

Kendo2 makes excellent BBQ sauce ;).

However to answer your question.. Do what you want to do. Start a story, give it some depth and life. A main core.. Then once most of that has been done.. Then perhaps ask for some side stories and such to spice it up.

Or if you like. Perhaps join with a few other competent modders and work on a project together. With a team there will be plenty of ideas but only those ideas that further the story will likely win out in the end.

In the end either way.. more content is added to Lovers Lab which is a win-win for the site that you wish to give back to.

I need a scripter for a mod I've been wanting for a while. I've spoken with some modders, but they're all...modders, and are therefore busy maintaining their own mods.

My mod idea is simple, and it's called: Women in Prison.

Surely you can see where I'm going with this...

Need a female jail, and a female warden, with some female inmates, each in for their own unique crime. They will hit on you when you are incarcerated there, and say lewd pervy things.

Some conversations can be talked out of, but others require a higher Speech skill. Some may not be escapable, and sleeping could have it's own risks, but only if it doesn't clash with Deviously Helpless (sleeping gets you raped). Or, we could make it a requirement.

Doing time will mean doing...inmates. Obviously, ZaZ punishments could be implemented for those who disobey the warden. Side-quests could be involved too, but I really just want it to have women in prison, taking what they want from the new inmate. No intention of expanding it to be some amazing adventure mod. Just get arrested, you will do time, time will do you, and then you are released. Either hand-cuffs or armbinders will be needed for the arrest.

As much as I'd like to have a brawl scene, brawling always turns to a life-or-death weapon fight to the death for me, and no fix has fixed it for me to date. Tried 3 of them. Gave up.

So, commit a crime, and women get sent to a female jail, filled with pervy women waiting to violate the new meat until your time has been "served". Perhaps for really small fines, a sexual favor could be done for freedom. A fine in the thousands could mean every guard takes a turn, and then the sentence begins, where all the jailbirds do the same, and the warden could be a little less "friendly" with you (many possibilities there).

• Honestly, Women in Prison is long overdue.

Thoughts and ideas, but nothing concrete, or fully specified. Women in Prison. Think about it. ;)

And if someone else wants a mod that is slightly similar, but with a bunch of changes, please do not use the name Women in Prison (please?). This mod will be made, one way or another. It must! :o 

Edit: For Skyrim :-/ 

Many great ideas are stressed out here and I love them. My personal desire is that someone will make a mod for male slavery and prostitution in one package. Although there are many great female slavery mods, honestly, there are too many, and none for male slavery. I wish my male PC will be willingly or unwillingly slaved by cute, kinky, horny and perverted Mistress and train to do prostitution for her. She also use him as her sex toy. Once, a friend of mine, aqqh suggested great idea about growing relationship between Mistress and the slave after reaching the certain level, slave wants to stay and he became a Mistress's lover but still doing prostitution for her.

Can someone mod horses to be centaurs?

I'm not saying that is imposable, but that would be REALLY hard to do. It's hard because you need to create a new behavior file of the walking horse lower body, with the upper body of a human. Getting the mesh of a centaur is the easy part...

i did - i am not sure if it helped though, but here my opinions *coughs* - the NWN and especially Dance of rogues is a good point-

it's creator made the mod for herself and just for fun, i bet that is basically the best way; you have fun modding it and if you share it

and at worst no one but you klikes it, it was still worth it

said mod also you could really feel that, all the love what went into it, all the trying and solutions a new modder went through,

that's basically what i loved about it- so do your thing; but i also understand and respect your wish to give something to the community

after you took, really. So i guess you want to figure out, what mod would fit most of the members' tastes

speaking for myself, after trying and playing both Neverwinternights and Skyrim, i basically tend to like more quest/story mods

rather than beating the already good graphics with another, even more detailed one. More roleplay, but not extented.

As an example, what i looked for, found, enjoyed, played again on and on, is The Dried Finger's Mod, really. It still gets me going

when i start a new game with a different character and use different perks for a change. It makes me roleplay immersive, there

are, if at all, no poweremotes; there are hidden dialogues depending on your progress and mcm selections; it is a nice

simulation for me over time- although when i got my business settled in one to three towns, well, then that almost was it;

so here, and if one is in to that, would be a good chance to add things like random encounters and situations what keeps you

busy over time, and you sure ARE busy as a pimp

so for the story, that one was just fine; some gimmicks, some decent dialogues, some simulation; it doesn't necessarily

have to epic, even it maybe better doesn't have to be at all

for the NWN mod, i'm afraid not all here played it, i liked all the technical details and features, and if it just was the bonus

on sneaking when you were barefeet, what i think could be easily imported to Skyrim (if you know how to, what i don't^^,

sorry, professional modders)

now that i think of, there is NO place in the game where someone does something funny, or i better ask: is there ANY

place in the game, where anyone laughs ? Or even laughs at one ? Are there even soundfiles for ? Probably yes, i

didn't get it yet; so one typical phrase in that NWN mod when the female pc met a female npc and both were tipsy

"let's go to my room, i have a bear pelt in front of my fireplace" - "sure, i'd love to see your fur *giggles* !"

Those kinda things- a little rp, simple one- or twoliners, something to smile (and arouse) - i guess that's what i miss

in Skyrim and what i really prefer according to some kind of cluttering "want fuck" to click on in your options

Skyrim lacks humor unless it is accidental, like the vanilla Courier showing up in his underwear wearing nothing but a hat and shoes.  That happened to me in the vanilla game when I first started playing.  That was funny, but unintentional.

Anyway, back to the OP.  'What would I like to see?'  I'd like to see a slavery system that has a real world motivation behind it.  MONEY.  In vanilla FO3 there was a slavery system to where the player could shoot NPCs with special gun (the Mezmatron) and it would subjugate their will.  The player could then equip them with an explosive collar and instruct the NPC to make their own to to the slavers.  After that it was just a matter of going to the slavers to get paid for your capture.  No kinky Lover's Lab sex slave stuff, just a basic framework like that.

It could be as simple as adding an illusion spell that captures NPCs.  Like all illusion spells, it could have ranks where low end Players could not spell high level NPCs (the vanilla gane already does that).  Or maybe make it an added power that can only be used once per day.  As for NPCs who would buy slaves, Belethor/Ysolda are scumbags and I'm sure they would buy slaves.  Belethor even hints to it.  "If I had a sister, I'd sell her in a second."  "I'd even buy one of your relatives..."  And if you dig deep enough on Ysolda in the game you'll discover that she's not as innocent as she plays at.  All of that blather about buy The Bannered Mare is just that, blather.  Or new slaver NPCs could be added.  There could be an official and legal buyer for Signa mine or a certain Necromage master who needs living subjects, or just plain slavers who traffic for areas outside of Skyrim.

Anyway, this idea is already present in a vanilla Bethesda game so why not add it to Skyrim?

If there's going to be a slavery system in a game, it must work both ways. In Fallout 2, you could become a slaver by joining their guild, but nobody would ever attempt to enslave you, not even the slavers themselves, even if you were a "stupid" tribal, which never made any sense to me. Wish there were a "surrender" option in random encounters with slavers, which would lead to some additional content involving your escape from slavery.

By the vanilla FO standard player slavery would not work since basically the target is removed from play.  And I wasn't suggesting an alternative for players, since there are like 10 million Sexlab player-as-a-slave mods for Skyrim and all of them suck; a perpetual WIP/Beta status, a retarded concept from conception, or they break the game.  What is going on here at LL as far as 'slaves' go has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting.  Player=slave=fucktoy is old news by now and even a player as a slave in the conventional sense would be a waste of game time.  Without the sex that would relegate the player to hammering on rocks with a pick or standing in a cell.  Escape from captivity has already been done in the vanilla game with Cigna Mine.

What  I'm  suggesting is pretty basic.  Capture NPCs, sell them.  Fuck immersion, it's about the caps/Septims.

Not that it matters anyway.  This thread is going to be one of those internet moments where the OP says something, reads the responses and nothing ever comes of it.

Why don't you offer your help the different mod authors then

I'm sure many would be glad to have a good writer on their side, if what you say is true of course. Or you could just create submods for existing mods, replacing the dialogue with yours and let the users decide which version they want to have. But opening a thread about 'what do you guys want' isn't really going anywhere when the people you should talk with are the people that make these mods.

Accidentally found myself here, on this post. I liked it, i liked you, i liked all of you - no homo - if i am dared to say what i would like to see as a mod for Skyrim....then, i guess words are very little. 

Someone, please, finish this awesome masterpiece, please. 

All the textures are inside, along with the obj. <- Work is not mine, it was XiNAVRO's. 

I'd like a Kendo 2 follower/companion or a unicorn.

Followers are a snap and I don't think making a unicorn would be that hard either.  Do you want it sparkly white with a rainbow mane and tail?  :dodgy:   :D

Sparkly white with a rainbow mane sounds good. As for the unicorn, not that bothered.

I have a couple of projects on hold until i get "my crappy computer" issue resolved. Each of them will be tied into one mod; see Open Skies Trading Post and The Coming Black Empire in my signature below. These two will be able to be used either alone or together, if I can ever get the "my crappy computer" issue resolved. Get some ideas there.

Download mods and look at the content. I guess that's the shorter version of the last paragraph.

Folks here are looking for revolutionary ideas (recently we have been well rewarded with such ideas), and you may see something you like in other authors' mods, and a new idea strikes you (think of the old Imperial margarine commercials from the 70s and 80s).

With all of that said, take away ideas and have fun; there is nothing like putting together a project and waiting for that first download.

BTW, anyone is welcome to talk to me about my ideas for those two mods I mentioned.

I'd like a Kendo 2 follower/companion or a unicorn.

Followers are a snap and I don't think making a unicorn would be that hard either.  Do you want it sparkly white with a rainbow mane and tail?  :dodgy:   :D

Sparkly white with a rainbow mane sounds good. As for the unicorn, not that bothered.

I want one that farts rainbows.

By the vanilla FO standard player slavery would not work since basically the target is removed from play.  And I wasn't suggesting an alternative for players, since there are like 10 million Sexlab player-as-a-slave mods for Skyrim and all of them suck; a perpetual WIP/Beta status, a retarded concept from conception, or they break the game.  What is going on here at LL as far as 'slaves' go has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting.  Player=slave=fucktoy is old news by now and even a player as a slave in the conventional sense would be a waste of game time.  Without the sex that would relegate the player to hammering on rocks with a pick or standing in a cell.  Escape from captivity has already been done in the vanilla game with Cigna Mine.

What  I'm  suggesting is pretty basic.  Capture NPCs, sell them.  Fuck immersion, it's about the caps/Septims.

Not that it matters anyway.  This thread is going to be one of those internet moments where the OP says something, reads the responses and nothing ever comes of it.

True dat. Since the thread started there has been 0 replies from the OP. Probably one of those happily drunk moments where you get smashed and wanna make any mod requested, and then you wake up and say "siiiigh..why did I start this thread? Now I'll have to hide until it dies down".

Archived