Probablyjust me being stupid, but I'm a bit of a newb to this, the animations weren't working so I decided to try a different version, but now the MCM won't let me use the menu. Any tips? I have all required mods, but normally I use the NMM to install my mods, On this one I transferred the contents to the data folder

Bug Report

If the strip hotkey is hit while pc is in combat mode (i.e. has a weapon or spell equipped) the pc is frozen and cannot move. The animation doesn't play either so looks a bit like some sort of deadlock.

Here's a screenshot so you can see what happens

post-237718-0-72540700-1457873085_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bug Report

If the strip hotkey is hit while pc is in combat mode (i.e. has a weapon or spell equipped) the pc is frozen and cannot move. The animation doesn't play either so looks a bit like some sort of deadlock.

Here's a screenshot so you can see what happens

attachicon.gifScreenShot14.jpg

Thank you for spotting this!

The mod used to sheathe automatically if weapons were drawn but in this version it doesn't.

I'm looking into it.

EDIT: Fixed, it was just a 1-line error. I'm going to run some more tests to see if that broke anything else and then I'll post v1.1.3, making sure FNIS reports the correct version this time.

Updated: SerialStrip to v1.1.3

(SerialStripper version remains v1.1.2, nothing to fix there!)

Fix: Player/actor will no longer lock-up when attempting to strip while weapons/spells are drawn/readied.

This was a regression, it used to work previously. Many thanks to Slorm for pointing this out. :shy:

Many thanks for this mod, Antono!

Sorry for the generic troubleshoot request - I'm having trouble getting it to work.

I've installed SerialStrip v1.1.2 and SerialStripper v.1.1.2 as well. I've got the req files, i.e. SkyUI, PapyrusUtil (inc in Sexlab), FNIS, etc.

I assigned a hotkey to strip, and enabled the Hotkey button. When hitting it, nothing happens at all :/ 

Could there be another element I'm missing out?

Ah, yes, it's happened to me a lot of times while testing this mod: you forgot to run FNIS after installing SerialStrip, didn't you? ;)

Since the mod adds new animations, FNIS_for_users has to be run after installing it, otherwise the animations will not play and, consequently, nothing will be stripped.

BTW, try the v1.1.3 and see if you can spot any bugs there.

Ah, yes, it's happened to me a lot of times while testing this mod: you forgot to run FNIS after installing SerialStrip, didn't you? ;)

Since the mod adds new animations, FNIS_for_users has to be run after installing it, otherwise the animations will not play and, consequently, nothing will be stripped.

BTW, try the v1.1.3 and see if you can spot any bugs there.

Hello!

Forgot to mention, I did run FNIS after installation. I also tried Uninstalling the mod, Saving and reinstalling the mod... all to no avail.

Perhaps there are mod conflicts? :/ 

PS: Tried the above with SerialStrip v.1.1.3 and SerialStripper v1.1.2 as well but no good ):

Thanks Antono

I just hotfixed it in (removed 1.12 added 1.13) rather than clean save and it's working fine. Tested with a weapon and spell and dual spells :)

Ah, yes, this update doesn't need a clean save. Nor does it need an uninstall (through the MCM) before the install. An easy update path, for a change. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback!

Sounds like a fantastic mod and I can't wait to try it out! But I'm having a bit of an issue. I have the required mods already and I installed it with nexus mod manager but the game crashes before it can even get past the Bethesda logo. If I'm not running the mod the game runs fine but it never fails to crash if I'm running the mod. Any ideas?

Sounds like a fantastic mod and I can't wait to try it out! But I'm having a bit of an issue. I have the required mods already and I installed it with nexus mod manager but the game crashes before it can even get past the Bethesda logo. If I'm not running the mod the game runs fine but it never fails to crash if I'm running the mod. Any ideas?

Crashes right after the Bethesda logo are, almost without exception, the result of missing .esp or .esm. Double-check that everything is installed. I am not familiar with the Nexus Mod Manager but, if it works anything like Skyrim Mod Organizer, make sure that your .esp is also activated in the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, this is great.

@Antono , have you talked to the creators of sexlab, or sexlab defeat, about adding this as a potential new stripping animation for those mods? I would love to see them after the ''Remove your clothes'' dialogue in sexlab defeat, instead of the default ''remove all clothing at once with one animation'' strip

Oh boy, this is great.

@Antono , have you talked to the creators of sexlab, or sexlab defeat, about adding this as a potential new stripping animation for those mods? I would love to see them after the ''Remove your clothes'' dialogue in sexlab defeat, instead of the default ''remove all clothing at once with one animation'' strip

Need the promised multi-threaded version for those to use it.

Hello, Everyone

Firstly, I'd like to say how much i adore your mod, Antono. It has literally become an indispensable part of my Skyrim load order :D

That being said, brings me to the issue I'm currently having. I recently went through a complete re-install of Skyrim, including all mods and starting a brand-new playthrough. And I've got an issue where SerialStrip seems to not start any animation events or remove any gear. I've been looking around to see if it's an incompatibility issue, but quite literally all I've added with this re-install are the SLAL and two packs of anims for it. Nothing I find shows any conflicts between the two, so I'm at a loss.

A quick run-through of first-tier issues to help out: New Playthrough, ran FNIS, Used LOOT. AS far as I can see, everything should be working fine. I've attached a copy of my most recent Papyrus log. I'm no Papyrus expert by any means, but at the end it does show the events being sent, however they produce no results at all (character literally stands perfectly still. No movement, not even a short stutter/freeze like when saving or anything). Also, here is my current load order:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
BeeingFemale.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
RaceCompatibility.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
daymoyl.esm
GeneralStores.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
FISS.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
LunariRace.esp
Weightless Items - Scrolls.esp
Blush When Aroused.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
SlaveTats.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
Weightless Items - Books (All Books).esp
Apropos.esp
WM_WidgetMod.esp
Enchanting ExtraEffect.esp
ArmoredCircletsDawnguard&Dragonborn.esp
HHairstyles.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Headtracking.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
Mannequin.esp
ajd_allowmultipleregift.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
ArmoredCircletsQuickFox.esp
PotemaCrashFix.esp
WATER DG.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabWerewolves.esp
SkyUI.esp
TradeBarter.esp
Enchanting Freedom.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcishWeapons.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
ElysiumEstate.esp
ElysiumEstate-HF.esp
SD Cages.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
Cidhna Mine Expanded.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
JKs LITE - Merged.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
Cloaks.esp
sanguinesDebauchery.esp
WayshrinesIFT.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
HearthFireStores(GS).esp
GeneralStores(ElysiumEstate).esp
PrivateNeeds.esp
WATER.esp
Devious Cidhna.esp
SexLab_Dialogues.esp
BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
Weightless Items - Alchemy Ingredients.esp
Weightless Items - Misc (Dwemer Smeltables).esp
Weightless Items - Potions (All Potions and Poisons).esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp
WATER Plants.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
Hunterborn.esp
Immersive Music Temples.esp
Immersive Music.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
boundworkerstools.esp
iNeed.esp
Underforge Entrance.esp
vAutosaveManager.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
Advanced Mining.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp
Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp
Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
Weapons & Armor_DragonPriestMasks.esp
Weapons & Armor_FasterArrows.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
GoToBed.esp
Where is the Cook.esp
Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
sextoys-calyps-2.esp
RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
FNIS.esp
FNIS_PCEA2.esp
DSerArcheryGameplayOverhaul.esp
XPMSE.esp
FNISSexyMove.esp
PrivateNeeds-Sexlab.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
QuickLight.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ASLAL - Hearthfire Support.esp
ImmerSlave.esp
Populated Dungns Caves Ruins Legendary.esp
Populated Forts Towers Places Legendary.esp
Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
SerialStripper.esp
SerialStrip.esp

I hope someone can help me out with this issue. Having this mod working is almost essential :(

Thank you very much to anyone who can assist!

Papyrus.2.log

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, this is great.

Need the promised multi-threaded version for those to use it.

Indeed, WaxenFigure is correct. I have to create the multi-threaded version to be really useful for SexLab.

Currently, I am too much absorbed in another mod that I'm building...

It's gonna happen, because that mod also needs a multi-threaded SerialStrip. :)

Hello, Everyone

Firstly, I'd like to say how much i adore your mod, Antono. It has literally become an indispensable part of my Skyrim load order :D

That being said, brings me to the issue I'm currently having. I recently went through a complete re-install of Skyrim, including all mods and starting a brand-new playthrough. And I've got an issue where SerialStrip seems to not start any animation events or remove any gear. I've been looking around to see if it's an incompatibility issue, but quite literally all I've added with this re-install are the SLAL and two packs of anims for it. Nothing I find shows any conflicts between the two, so I'm at a loss.

A quick run-through of first-tier issues to help out: New Playthrough, ran FNIS, Used LOOT. AS far as I can see, everything should be working fine. I've attached a copy of my most recent Papyrus log. I'm no Papyrus expert by any means, but at the end it does show the events being sent, however they produce no results at all (character literally stands perfectly still. No movement, not even a short stutter/freeze like when saving or anything). Also, here is my current load order:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

CreatureFramework.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

BeeingFemale.esm

hdtHighHeel.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

RaceCompatibility.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

daymoyl.esm

GeneralStores.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

FISS.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp

LunariRace.esp

Weightless Items - Scrolls.esp

Blush When Aroused.esp

Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp

SlaveTats.esp

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp

Weightless Items - Books (All Books).esp

Apropos.esp

WM_WidgetMod.esp

Enchanting ExtraEffect.esp

ArmoredCircletsDawnguard&Dragonborn.esp

HHairstyles.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

Headtracking.esp

HearthfireMultiKid.esp

HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp

MoreNastyCritters.esp

LeftHandRings.esp

Mannequin.esp

ajd_allowmultipleregift.esp

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp

ArmoredCircletsQuickFox.esp

PotemaCrashFix.esp

WATER DG.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

SexLabNudeCreatures.esp

SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp

SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp

SexLabWerewolves.esp

SkyUI.esp

TradeBarter.esp

Enchanting Freedom.esp

Customizable Camera.esp

DeadlyDragons.esp

Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcishWeapons.esp

Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Immersive Weapons.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

ElysiumEstate.esp

ElysiumEstate-HF.esp

SD Cages.esp

xazPrisonOverhaul.esp

xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp

SexLab_DibellaCult.esp

Cidhna Mine Expanded.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

JKs LITE - Merged.esp

WATER DB Waves.esp

Cloaks.esp

sanguinesDebauchery.esp

WayshrinesIFT.esp

SimpleSlavery.esp

Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

HearthFireStores(GS).esp

GeneralStores(ElysiumEstate).esp

PrivateNeeds.esp

WATER.esp

Devious Cidhna.esp

SexLab_Dialogues.esp

BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp

Weightless Items - Alchemy Ingredients.esp

Weightless Items - Misc (Dwemer Smeltables).esp

Weightless Items - Potions (All Potions and Poisons).esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp

WATER Plants.esp

SexLabDefeat.esp

Hunterborn.esp

Immersive Music Temples.esp

Immersive Music.esp

Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp

boundworkerstools.esp

iNeed.esp

Underforge Entrance.esp

vAutosaveManager.esp

Sneak Tools.esp

Advanced Mining.esp

WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch.esp

Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp

Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp

Weapons & Armor_DragonPriestMasks.esp

Weapons & Armor_FasterArrows.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp

Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp

Brawl Bugs CE.esp

GoToBed.esp

Where is the Cook.esp

Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp

SexLab Eager NPCs.esp

Dr_Bandolier.esp

sextoys-calyps-2.esp

RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

RaceMenuOverlays.esp

Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp

Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

KS Hairdos - HDT.esp

FNIS.esp

FNIS_PCEA2.esp

DSerArcheryGameplayOverhaul.esp

XPMSE.esp

FNISSexyMove.esp

PrivateNeeds-Sexlab.esp

SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp

QuickLight.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

ASLAL - Hearthfire Support.esp

ImmerSlave.esp

Populated Dungns Caves Ruins Legendary.esp

Populated Forts Towers Places Legendary.esp

Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp

SLALAnimObj.esp

SerialStripper.esp

SerialStrip.esp

I hope someone can help me out with this issue. Having this mod working is almost essential :(

Thank you very much to anyone who can assist!

Thank you for your kind words. As I've said before, I hadn't expected this little plugin to be liked by so many. I only created it as a tool for another thing. I guess this means CGi's idea (that sparked it) was brilliant.

Now, about your issue:

I can see that you're using v.1.1.2.

I'm about to release v1.1.4, to address an issue with the API not working for mods that use it. Could you remove v1.1.2 and install v1.1.4? Then go into its MCM and turn "debug mode" on, so that it generates debug messages? Then attach a new log here and I'll have a look at it.

SerialStrip updated to v1.1.4

SerialStripper updated to v1.1.4

It was brought to my attention that my recent updates (probably v1.1.3) broke the API i.e. broke SerialStrip for other mods that depended on it.

I apologize for not realizing it earlier but I didn't catch any bug report of that sort in this thread.

As far as I can tell, this was due to v1.1.3 adding support for a custom array that determines exactly which slots the modder wants to strip, by-passing the user's preferences. This of course created the need for extra arguments (5 instead of 3) in the SendSerialStripStartEvent() that other mods use to start the stripping cascade, which in effect changed the function and broke the API. I also made the stupid mistake of changing the order of the arguments... I'm afraid I'm not that experienced with keeping an API backwards compatible. I should get better with practice, though! :)

Anyway, v1.1.4 addresses that by restoring the original order of arguments in SendSerialStripStartEvent().

So, if you're a modder and your mod was working fine with SerialStrip v1.1.2 but broke with v1.1.3, then it will work fine with v1.1.4 again with no code edits on your part. However, you have to re-compile your scripts with v1.1.4 so that they use the new SendSerialStripStartEvent(), otherwise your mod will be sending the old Event to the new SerialStrip. You'll know you have this issue if you're getting a "wrong number of arguments, was expecting 5, got 3".

Change log:

SerialStrip v1.1.4

- Restores initial order of arguments in SendSerialStripStart() for backwards compatibility (API broke in v1.1.3).
- Modders: if you used to use this plugin but the API broke for you in v.1.1.3, please re-compile your scripts with this v1.1.4. You shouldn't need to edit your code but a re-compilation is necessary as SerialStrip's code has changed (no of arguments in SendSerialStripStartEvent()).

SerialStripper v1.1.4

- Updated to work with SerialStrip v.1.1.4.

It was brought to my attention that my recent updates (probably v1.1.3) broke the API i.e. broke SerialStrip for other mods that depended on it.

I apologize for not realizing it earlier but I didn't catch any bug report of that sort in this thread.

As far as I can tell, this was due to v1.1.3 adding support for a custom array that determines exactly which slots the modder wants to strip, by-passing the user's preferences. This of course created the need for extra arguments (5 instead of 3) in the SendSerialStripStartEvent() that other mods use to start the stripping cascade, which in effect changed the function and broke the API. I also made the stupid mistake of changing the order of the arguments... I'm afraid I'm not that experienced with keeping an API backwards compatible. I should get better with practice, though! :)

Anyway, v1.1.4 addresses that by restoring the original order of arguments in SendSerialStripStartEvent().

So, if you're a modder and your mod was working fine with SerialStrip v1.1.2 but broke with v1.1.3, then it will work fine with v1.1.4 again with no code edits on your part. However, you have to re-compile your scripts with v1.1.4 so that they use the new SendSerialStripStartEvent(), otherwise your mod will be sending the old Event to the new SerialStrip. You'll know you have this issue if you're getting a "wrong number of arguments, was expecting 5, got 3".

Change log:

SerialStrip v1.1.4

- Restores initial order of arguments in SendSerialStripStart() for backwards compatibility (API broke in v1.1.3).

- Modders: if you used to use this plugin but the API broke for you in v.1.1.3, please re-compile your scripts with this v1.1.4. You shouldn't need to edit your code but a re-compilation is necessary as SerialStrip's code has changed (no of arguments in SendSerialStripStartEvent()).

SerialStripper v1.1.4

Did you know that when you add new arguments to an existing API call you can specify default values to use for those new arguments which will allow the older mods to keep using the API without needing to be updated?

Function APICall(int Parm1, Int Parm2)...

Function APICall(int Parm1, Int Parm2, Int Parm3 = 0, String Parm4 = None)...

It is in fact a good habit for API calls to provide default values for as many parameters as possible.

Change log:

SerialStrip v1.1.4

SerialStripper v1.1.4

Did you know that when you add new arguments to an existing API call you can specify default values to use for those new arguments which will allow the older mods to keep using the API without needing to be updated?

Function APICall(int Parm1, Int Parm2)...

Function APICall(int Parm1, Int Parm2, Int Parm3 = 0, String Parm4 = None)...

It is in fact a good habit for API calls to provide default values for as many parameters as possible.

Yes, this is how this API function has been written, to minimize the risk of it breaking.

But you're right! I think I have to provide default values for another level of the interface, the OnSerialStripStart() event that we're listening for. I had only provided defaults for the function that sends the event but obviously this is not enough.

• 3 weeks later...