[REQ] Dark Souls II - Faraam Armor Set -

^Yeah that didn't sound right at all, did it.

Back to the case with the faraam set:

I've given up on separating the different spec parts, instead I'm going to refit it in its readjusted state because otherwise I start to over think things and end up delaying the fixes people are waiting for. Would have loved to convert something fully polished for once but I think this will be enough this time round.

^That's alright. Trimming then seperating some parts does consume a lot of time. Especially for armor with freaktons of parts like this.

Though, in my opinion, trimming and removing the specular effect on the inside of the helmet and refitting are two things you should do that's crucial in making this armor presentable. But it's okay if you don't want to do the trimming.

No worries, i won't set my standard too high if you don't have a lot of time your hands. For this armor, if you do one of the two, it'll look presentable enough, in my opinion.

Oh I trimmed the part off the helmet alright, that's not very time consuming heh.

I just gave up on separating the metallic parts from the cuirass, I can't wrap my head around doing weightslider support when you've got two separate meshes around the same area. I don't know why but I feel like time drain right out of me at the thought of that.

So there is of course a much better solution, I'd much rather just create two specularity maps and blend them to my liking and in this case, I don't want the leather bits to look spec'd the to the max.

*Pat on my back for learning photoshop when I did :D

Oh I trimmed the part off the helmet alright, that's not very time consuming heh.

I just gave up on separating the metallic parts from the cuirass, I can't wrap my head around doing weightslider support when you've got two separate meshes around the same area. I don't know why but I feel like time drain right out of me at the thought of that.

So there is of course a much better solution, I'd much rather just create two specularity maps and blend them to my liking and in this case, I don't want the leather bits to look spec'd the to the max.

In other words, you found a different solution for that? :P Well, I always thought you were a bright mind, but this is way more awesome than what I was anticipated. Thank you again for creating such fantastic mods and giving life to a nice armor that is a must on Skyrim. 

Oh yeah, i forgot about that method.

That means the spec problem are solved.

But what about the cubemaps? Is it possible to remove or reduce those from small leather parts with phohotshop only? I have a feeling it isn't possible, but i could be wrong.

Hi WorshipTheSatan, may i ask you the source of the DS2 conversion that you have posted? I'm trying to fix the Swordsman Armour and, if i manage to complete the work, i want to give credit to the original modder who converted it.

The DS2 armor pack? It used to be on the workshop but got removed.

If i'm not wrong, it's by this guy:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198144156121

Been gawkin at this armor a lot...

Get rid of the wannabe mage lower cape stuff, the fur and underlying fur support, get rid of the pants! Then all you have left is that armor part. I get to this idea from nifskope removing stuff. Then find some really good pants with knee armor that would fit what is left and you have some interesting armor. Find some better boots too something heavier but not armor plated. I am trying to do this right now but so far there are no pants that match they are all too skinny. It seems the waist line is too big to fit right with anything I can find.

Maybe if there is some pants shaped to fit SoS mod body?

Been gawkin at this armor a lot...

Get rid of the wannabe mage lower cape stuff, the fur and underlying fur support, get rid of the pants! Then all you have left is that armor part. I get to this idea from nifskope removing stuff. Then find some really good pants with knee armor that would fit what is left and you have some interesting armor. Find some better boots too something heavier but not armor plated. I am trying to do this right now but so far there are no pants that match they are all too skinny. It seems the waist line is too big to fit right with anything I can find.

Maybe if there is some pants shaped to fit SoS mod body?

What exactly do you mean by "wannabe mage lower cape stuff" ? XD It's the armor's design from the creators of DSII. Again, what do you mean by "get rid of the pants!" ? XD I agree on the weight slider for the armor, it needs to be a little more slim, but the boots, pants, cape mage thing, are necessities for the Faraam Armor. Else, you can't say it's a Faraam Armor without these. I don't know, maybe they need a little more darker color? But I think they are great so far. 

Well I am not that interested in maintaining the DS look like you guys I guess. I am really just interested in the torso and pauldrons part of the armor since it could be used to replace iron/steel/leather armors of many kinds. The only problem is what to put for the lower half and some kind of belt in the middle that hides all the gaps. I just tried fitting the sos light average body_1 in the _1 model of this armor and it almost fit perfectly except for the back near the waist it was further out and the sides of the stomach were clipping through. If the lower half problem could be solved then the armor could be used in many ways not just this one way for DS stuff.

Okay here's my next update:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qfejm5

https://www.mediafire.com/?7p4zrp2dnr1rijd

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzj8ZEkOh_L0NDdTLVZPRVlKOVk/view?usp=sharing

THE NIF FILES HAVE BEEN RENAMED SO THE EXTRACTED ZIP WON'T REPLACE THE PREVIOUS "NIF" FILES

4K Textures have been packed and used in this version, the 4K textures are from the DS nexus user EvilDeadAsh34 http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/554/?

I've refitted the armor, I can't say for certain if it's better but I guess I'll be counting on you guys to tell me.

I reassigned the incorrect textures around the waist and the hood.

I split the cuirass into metal and leather/fabric via the use of bsdismemberskin instance, assigned a cubemap to the metallic parts and kept the spec low on the leather parts.

I have both a separated cuirass.nif/greaves.nif and a combined together .nif file because of the "bsdismemberskin" technique I used, so you will not be able to use/equip the separated nifs together, instead you will equip the combined nif file.

I bothered to create a ground model for once, nothing special though.

The stats of course may not be to your liking as I was worried more about getting the armor to work properly. Most users here know how to use CK but if you don't and you want me to change the stats, do tell me :)

There is a weird glitch around the underarm I can't seem to figure out how to fix, do tell me if you have come across it before.

^Awesome! I'll definitely check it out when I'll reinstall Skyrim, I did a format to my pc recently, and I need to install everything again. XD I have so much to do, good job as always R0R0N0! And don't listen to anyone who say otherwise or has a problem with the standart version of this armor, you're doing great and we are all indebted to you! Thank you, thank you so much for taking time from your life and creating amazing mods! 

I've downloaded this armor and looking forward to use it. But I'm having a hard time finding this armor. can someone help me find this? Is it craftable or being placed at specific location? Your help are very appreciated.

You should be able to craft it from the ebony section.

I've downloaded this armor and looking forward to use it. But I'm having a hard time finding this armor. can someone help me find this? Is it craftable or being placed at specific location? Your help are very appreciated.

^That, or just use the console commands, R0R0N0 runned to the trouble of creating this awesome armor, and he even put codes for that, and all of these out of his good heart. Thanks R0R0N0! 

^That, or just use the console commands, R0R0N0 runned to the trouble of creating this awesome armor, and he even put codes for that, and all of these out of his good heart. Thanks R0R0N0! 

Dude you make it sound like I created the console commands lol thanks for the gratitude :)

Dude you make it sound like I created the console commands lol thanks for the gratitude :)

No man, really, actually, thank you - again - for you to exist. You bring real hope and smile to our faces here, you continue to strive and work to create something extraordinary beautiful and perfect, and you honing your skills to achieve something even greater than even I cannot express right, because of my lack of knowledge in english. What I want to say is...really, thank you a lot for doing that. I'm not just saying it, it's a fact, you are the best. 

What are the item codes for console command? Getting unpatience to get this fantastic armor. I'm too lazy to craft actually.

^Just type the ~ and from there type Help Faraam or type exactly Help "Faraam Armor" and hit enter, it will show you the IDs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived