Another way of adding the master in TESVEdit without creating a bunch of overrides, which may interfere with any update of the "Heels Sound.esm" you could just right click the esp you want to modify and select "Add Masters..." in the popup select "Heels Sound.esm" and you now have the master relationship which allows you to add the footstep sound to entries in the esp of your choice.

Another way of adding the master in TESVEdit without creating a bunch of overrides, which may interfere with any update of the "Heels Sound.esm" you could just right click the esp you want to modify and select "Add Masters..." in the popup select "Heels Sound.esm" and you now have the master relationship which allows you to add the footstep sound to entries in the esp of your choice.

Oh, thanks, didn't think of it. Thankfully, the foot step set is completed, so there won't be any conflict. I'll update the usage to this better method.
  • 1 month later...

can someone teach me how to install this mod? im new around here :P

Same. What "AA" mean ?

This is modder's resource, so you have to learn some simple esp editing. I recommend TESVEdit. Check my Bodyslide conversions to see some examples, which have modified esps.

AA means Armor Addon. Contains additional information for an armor like race support, model path, biped slot, weight slider, footstep sound, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can I just download it, install it (Using Mod Organizer) and it will work? or do I need to do something else?.

Just asking because, I am a bit confused since you said something in "Usage" never did such things before so just want to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Where can i download the AA tool/software ?

Use CK or TESVEdit.

if you made a video tutorial and posted it on utube u would be a hero lol

ApoKrytia invited people to his feast (Heels Sound mod) but he just throw raw meat into our faces, not a cooked food (Detailed Tutorial)

Most of us aren't pro modder !

Wow, now you guys demand more. 

If you ever used TES5EDIT and look into some armor esps, you will know this isn't require any PRO modder skills.

Fine. Wait for the tutorial. I will update soon.

Can I just download it, install it (Using Mod Organizer) and it will work? or do I need to do something else?.

Just asking because, I am a bit confused since you said something in "Usage" never did such things before so just want to be sure.

Wait for update. I will add tutorial soon.

Hi, I've just tried this mod in conjunction with your armour conversions, however i only get the heel sound whenever my characters right foot hits the ground. There is no sound from the left foot at all.

Strange, the only problem I encountered is the sounds may not synchronized with animations (mainly 1st person), and this seems to be caused by engine limitation. I can heard of sounds from L and R foot.

After trying this mod with your luxury collection's heels I realized how important the footstep sound is.

Then I found that all vanilla boots dont make sound in my game, I never ever noticed it earlier, is it normal?

I always thought the vanilla sound sucks, and have been using Footsteps Sound Overhaul for a long time which except for a few surfaces sounds very good. It's not on the nexus anymore so I've attached the esp. 

While checking for the mod on nexus (and finding it's not there) I found Immersive Sounds - Footsteps. It may well be better, I'll be checking it out later.

FootstepsSoundsOverhaul.7z

I always thought the vanilla sound sucks, and have been using Footsteps Sound Overhaul for a long time which except for a few surfaces sounds very good. It's not on the nexus anymore so I've attached the esp. 

While checking for the mod on nexus (and finding it's not there) I found Immersive Sounds - Footsteps. It may well be better, I'll be checking it out later.

Firstly I thought it could be that:

Q: Why can't I always hear my footsteps in third person view?

A: Are you using custom animation mods? Chances are some of them don't have sound triggers assigned to them, so that can only be fixed by editing the animations.

and DragonFly's running animation not having sound triggers, but then I tried Immersive Sounds - Footsteps and its working fine. Is vanilla footstep sound really that bad?

Btw, what movement animations are you guys using with these footstep mods?