So I was checking the ES Wiki for the Moramer- and they actually sound just about perfect. They are lead by a Deathless wizard- one of the Aldmer(the original elves before they mutated into orismer,altmer, dunmer, dwemmer and such) who is not ageless and immortal- from the Mythic age no less- but he actually is growing more and more youthful.

They have the ability to control mist- which they hide behind and use to cover their movements. And what is mist but another word for Fog? they have a deep affinity for creatures of the deep- but also have the unique ability to command all forms forms of serpents through their magic. They ride sea-serpents- which are even larger than dragon's and kings unchallenged under the sea.

So yeah- the Moramer work quiet well for this- admittedly they have a serpent theme rather than a squid but... well beggers can't be choosers. Their ships are even bizarre- and are described as looking insectoid, with membranous sails and a rugged chitin hull, flying a markedly alien flag. Also they have an alien physical appearance: The Maormer are known to possess blank, white eyes,[6] and a strange, chameleon-like skin[7] that is entirely colorless, as if their flesh were made of some white limpid jelly.[6] Their chameleon-like skin is an involuntary process, similar to the forest-coupling skills of the Bosmer[7] which allows them to walk into the shade of a single tree and vanish.[3]

Hi Delzaron, just testing what you have so far, started a new character, and the first quest (BeginInn) starts talking to any innkeeper, but I don´t remember having any dialog with the innkeeper about going to the blue palace, I noticed later that the quest just appeared in my journal, but I didn´t have any conversation about it before noticing it

After finishing BeginInn quest, is suposed the second quest (Enquiry) will automatically start?

It doesn´t.

I found two of the npc of the quest (at the skeever Inn and the docks), but they don´t have any dialog, and getstage says stage 0, I´ve tried to setstage to 10, 20, 30, but same, no dialog.

I know is a pre-alpha, but is good that we test everything and tell you what we find ;)

I hesitate to choose Windhelm instead of Solitude... and Windhelm seems more appropriate for working (less triggers...). And there are lot of argonians...

But transforming the nice solitude in a city always in fog, as a slaverun, ruled by cultists, keeped by lurkers...

Things are not yet fixed... I;m only at the bgeinning of the mod...

And some interiors (The groto, the temple, Ryelh breeding hall) will not change if we decide to use Windhelm instead of Solitude.

In another hand, lot of players want to see the fair solitude (and Elissif, and Elenween) transformed into slaves.

See JK's versions of both cities, all the little bits added and odd new paths, nooks and crannies you can take around the city with his mods could really add to the effects you want and provide encounter spots.    You can go for adding a requirement or asking his permission to incorporate a version of his mods.

So I take it the time has come for Cthulu to rise from the deep and consume our souls? 

Close... Dagon will rise from the deep and will consume Solitude.

People spoke about strange things, Fog will recover the city, strange noises and apparitions will occur... and, after a while, the whole city will be transformed.

And player and women will be use for breeding more Deeps inhabitants... do you see the horror, now ? :P

I really hope other people will develop other themed Old gods mods.... i still need to finish The Shub Niggurath one.

So cool! Looking forward to playing your mod in all it's glory :)

Edit: I just saw you released an early alpha already, I will give it a try as soon as time permits me.

Wow.

This mod looks like it would be a lot of fun and i love the concept. I have a small request though/Idea that could help out the comunity a lot would it be possible to make the breeding aspect standalone so it could be used with all the other mods we currently have here on LL ? i have a thread already started requesting this and lots of players seem interested in this idea. I figured since you were planing on doing this for the mod anyway maby you would not mind making it standalone.

Thanks for the hard work and cant wait to test this out.

Link th the Breeding Request.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42584-hentai-breeding-request/?hl=breed

OK, i need to clarify this project and my point of view.

From the Deeps is a LITTLE project, with some Lovecraft and SexLab content.

(Deeps inhabitant procreation ritual, slavery, addiction, hold tranformation). That'all.

I will try to put horror atmosphere in the mod by this effects :

• According to quest progression, fog will progressively invade the city.
  • Triggers will noises and very short apparitions (For example, the lurker who spying you in the Inn cave disapear when you look him).
  • The cultists ceremony (Xluxlu can made a nice black metal/sea atmosphere music).
  • Ryelh : Cairn of soul cell with Apocrypha things. And Furo tubs off course !
  • Dialogues for NPC.
  • Cell musics changes... more dark, like Thames tunnels in Nighmare creatures.
  • Fate of player : the player will NEVER solve the problem. Once be raped and breeding lurkers, Player will receive a ability wich progresively decrease skills. The only temporary cure is to come back to the cult, and breed more lurkers. The player will join the cult as a servant (never as a cultist) and will used by the cultists as a tool for enslaving the entire city.
  • Player will be obliged to sacrifice several followers to remove the slave condition and become a servant.
  • The city will tranformed at this time : slave market, strange statues everywhere, lurkers guards... another effects like more fog... tentacles who come out of the sewers....
  • I wish to add some random effects (lurker looking the player when the player finished to sleep, souds of lurker behing the player (Invisible and invulnerable peaceful lurker who follow the player sometimes), horible screans from the sea).

That seems quite a lot for a 'little' project.

And unbelievably awesome. 

• Fate of player : the player will NEVER solve the problem. Once be raped and breeding lurkers, Player will receive a ability wich progresively decrease skills. The only temporary cure is to come back to the cult, and breed more lurkers. The player will join the cult as a servant (never as a cultist) and will used by the cultists as a tool for enslaving the entire city.
  • Player will be obliged to sacrifice several followers to remove the slave condition and become a servant.

That just killed my interest.  Being perpetually trapped in a situation that sucks is fine for a Lovecraftian short story (that ends) but blows big green donkey for a mod that screws over a character that I have nurtured and brought up from level one.  And sacrificing followers is just a bad idea.  Where are they going to come from?  Vanilla followers are either protected or invulnerable and if too many expendable hirelings die while with the player others will refuse player service.

I had high hopes for this.  :(

Disclaimer: I'm not trolling the mod or the concept.  I've been participating in the thread and the mod author has decided to take a route I'm not interested in and that's the end of it, for me at least.  I'm not trying to start a debate or anything else, just voicing my meaningless opinion on a mod I'm not making.  I wish Delzaron the very best.

That just killed my interest.  Being perpetually trapped in a situation that sucks is fine for a Lovecraftian short story (that ends) but blows big green donkey for a mod that screws over a character that I have nurtured and brought up from level one. 

Or you could just play it with a throwaway character rather than your main :sleepy:

Being perpetually trapped in a situation that sucks is fine for a Lovecraftian short story (that ends) but blows big green donkey for a mod that screws over a character that I have nurtured and brought up from level one.  And sacrificing followers is just a bad idea.  Where are they going to come from?  Vanilla followers are either protected or invulnerable and if too many expendable hirelings die while with the player others will refuse player service.

This could be solved with how being a servant would look like.

Ofc some restrictions should be placed on a player but i guess it could be done in a way that would still be very much playable.

Keep in mind that this mod wont be very much lore friendly with the rest of vanilla skyrim. You're going to change a Skyrim capital city into cultist fortress filled with enslaved citizens of skyrim.

Such thing should make you a public enemy in all of other holds.

When everyone would be hostile against you then providing slaves for the cult wont be much of a problem.

Even if those would have to be followers then creating custom followers which would be very much expendable is rather easy.

And i see no reason why it would have to be followers.

So it pretty much seems like playing this mod would require a new character made especially for this. 

That just killed my interest.  

That skyrocketed my interest. I love it when the player is permanently turned into a slave. If you want to continue playing after that you can always load an earlier save or use a throw away character ;)

That's what I always do with bad end mods, doesn't detract from the fun in anyway :)

Or at least not for me. 

And as aqqh already pointed out, you might still able to continue play afterwards (depending on what being a servant is like). 

Yeah, I know I can delete saves, start a new character, etc.  But how many mods here already require/suggest that?  Captured Dreams, WolfClub, MariaEden, SexLab Sex Slaves, Darkwind Island, Bestial Essence, Amorous Adventures.  It is starting to be a trend here and I think it is a bad one.  But what I think really doesn't matter.

The idea of a 'game' is that there is a way to beat it where the player gets a reward.  Ideally, a Lovecraftian type mod would pit the player against a hopeless situation and the best result they could hope for is putting the sequence of events to a temporary halt, with combat and treasure along the way.  Afterwards, the player would be free to do as they please since the situation was resolved, for the time being.  Again, what I think doesn't matter.  Not my mod.

I suspect in the end this mod will have little to do with horror or Lovecraft and be another Hopeless/Helpless player slavery mod.  And that gets dull pretty quick.  Anyway, I sure people are already pissed off that I would dare to have input that doesn't fall in line with what they think.  I'm also sure that people will download the finished product.  This mod has the potential to be awesome, and it also has the potential to be yet another player slavery mod that can be found anywhere on this forum.  What is missing from these mods is a REAL STORY along the way that leads to a reasonable conclusion; a conclusion where people don't have to delete saves or start a character from scratch.  Again, my opinion = doesn't matter.

I understand your point of view.

Let me detailling my plans :

Slave things :

- Scripting is not my best skill, so I will not writing something like SD or Maria Eden. And there is no interest to made another slave mod.

- Player slavery will be more subtile than that : you have no direct master to follow or following you (so, not like SD or Maria Eden), you are free to move, to leave the temple or Solitude. The slave leash script will progressively decrease player skills, or affect character view like Skooma whore mod ( If I suceed to solve that). The only cure is going back to the cult temple, breeding more lurkers, or become a servant.

- A Nice dialogie thing to add : As a cult slave, the player will be never trusted by citizens if the player try to explain to them the truth.

- Yes, I wish to turn solitude in a cultist fortress... Slaverun was an impressive mod, but i wish since a long date to made a thing like D'sapril or Khorax fortress... At the end, Solitude will be in fog, with cultists guards and Lurkers in the shadows...

- The only persons who can abuse the player are the cultists : I think they will ordered the player to sex, or to made short quests for them. Like finding a good person for a sacrifice, or to breed more lurkers.

Horror things :

- Horror should be progressive, and at the beginning of the mod.

- During the enquiry and the investiguation quests, player will heard noises, and the fog will progressively invade the city. Fog invasion is easy to made, but i dont have a nice collection of sounds.

- dialogues must be worked to made a good ambiance.

- Inns and children bedrooms need to be modified too (player will heard noises in the bedrooms). I really wish to made the player awakening sometimes near a lurker...

- I will add triggered scene, like flash apparitions of lurkers, troubled visions... it will represent your progressive madness.

- Others effects : lurkers sounds (in fact, invisible lurkers in some points of the city, progresively activated), lightoff. For now, i need to find how to make Solitude NPC friendly with Lurkers... I set a special faction for them, set to allie, but they are attacked anyway.

- sometimes, anyway the player go, he will heard lurker sound... it will represent the curse putted on you. Maybe I will set an peacefull invisible invulnerable NPC with lurker sounds, with a followplayer package.

- off course, now I know how to made human sacrifices scenes in skyrim, i wish to add some of it. For example, poor Meruna follower is not essential... her head will be nice on an altar.

Off course, i need to made lot of work on the first quests : enquiry is not long enough, and investiguation really need to be improved. Following the cultist, the lurker scene, and the lighhouse disabling is not enough. I think I need the player will go in houses, trying to find letters or other stuffs, meet more strange NPC and more triggers scenes, and finally reach the cave entrance.

Insmouth :

- I need to develop the harbor : Insmouth must be poor and dark. And inhabitants not really friendly.

Sex part :

- once the player will be catched by the cult, he will be raped (just one scene), and submitted to a ritual (I dont know if i can behead the player whitout killing it, and resurrect it for the dream quest). The player will made a dream (Visit of Ryelh, breeding if player is female, breeding scene assist if player is male)

- the player will awake in a ritual room, with the cult master, and the baby lurker...

I put in the first chapter of this mod description I will need HELP for it : Making a good ambiance, slave/sex/horror balance, effects, ressources, scripts and stuffs....

OIf you have good scenarios and Ideas to made it more horror than slavery, it will be nice. If I can, i will put the accent on horror and ambiance than slavery stuff.

Well, Amorous (a mod which i'm starting to considered myself quite the expert :P )  doesn't really require a new save. Even less is a dead end. Only problem some consistency issue... and some AA dialogue line are linked with vanilla questline... so if you have already done that quest line... you will miss some AA content.

SD+ on the other hands does permanently change your Pc. There is no reverting back... You can escape slavery, but you can't escape from being transported to the Sanguine's realm from time to time while sleeping (even if you remove all SD+ option from dead alternative).

This mod looks awesome and ambitious. Let's see how it evolves. I feel Kendo and I too would like a way for the player to defeat (or, more correctly, temporarily defeat) the horror and revert all back to normal, including Solitude. Because it's essentially the nature of Skyrim open world that calls for it. 

But I think it's really to early to argue about the eventual ending of this mod. Let's have this started first. Look at the time it took to Skyrimll (which is very active) to polish and refine SD+. And it's still evolving.

My one big suggestion is whatever negative effects you add (the player is 'addicted' to the shrine, NPCs hating the player because of what is happening and player's part in it, etc.) be removed at the end of the mod.  Do not make it a permanent deal.  Give the player the option to end what is happening, even if it is temporary.  The player needs to be the hero/antihero in this.  The player being able to kill all of the cultists and destroy their tomes and shrines would be one way to stop what is happening after you're done with all of the sex scenes, slavery, human sacrifices, etc.

One thing about sacrificing followers; the game will register followers and hirelings dying while in the player's service.  If it happens too many times the dialogue options for hiring and following will not appear for the player anymore.  If the NPCs are listed in the potential hireling or follower factions the game is tracking them.  This is also true for followers made by players if they are using the vanilla follower system (factions and dialogue).

Maybe you could add a capture magical Ability or Power (usable once per day) for the player that would allow them to force any NPC to follow them.  That way, you could use spawned bandits, Storm Cloaks, Imperial Soldiers, etc as the sacrifices instead of followers in a faction.  Once the sacrifices are done, you could add the condition to remove the power from the player at whatever quest stage you like.

As for the horror aspect, you could use a series of message boxes informing the player that they 'feel an unseen presence watching them' or other snip-its from Lovecraft's work.  Maybe the 'weight' of the stars at night bears down on the player, making it hard to go outside (combat and stat penalties from 6pm to 6am) because the player knows what is lurking out among the stars.  Stuff like that.  You have to remember that Lovecraft is cerebral horror, not visual.

Anyway, anything to make your mod not be another pointless slave sex mod is a bonus in my book.  You've chosen the Lovecraft motif so why not make it as special as you can?  Look at it this way, if you can replace the Lurkers in your mod with dogs/wolves/trolls then someone else has already made your mod.  The thing that would set yours apart is the impression and story, not the slavery and the sex.

Well, Amorous (a mod which i'm starting to considered myself quite the expert  :P )  doesn't really require a new save. Even less is a dead end. Only problem some consistency issue... and some AA dialogue line are linked with vanilla questline... so if you have already done that quest line... you will miss some AA content.

Which means starting a new game.  Camilla, Ysolda, Elsif, their quests were already done and that cut me out of that content unless I started a new game.

As for the horror aspect, you could use a series of message boxes informing the player that they 'feel an unseen presence watching them' or other snip-its from Lovecraft's work.  Maybe the 'weight' of the stars at night bears down on the player, making it hard to go outside (combat and stat penalties from 6pm to 6am) because the player knows what is lurking out among the stars.  Stuff like that.  You have to remember that Lovecraft is cerebral horror, not visual.

Bingo.

My one big suggestion is whatever negative effects you add (the player is 'addicted' to the shrine, NPCs hating the player because of what is happening and player's part in it, etc.) be removed at the end of the mod.  Do not make it a permanent deal.  Give the player the option to end what is happening, even if it is temporary.  The player needs to be the hero/antihero in this.  The player being able to kill all of the cultists and destroy their tomes and shrines would be one way to stop what is happening after you're done with all of the sex scenes, slavery, human sacrifices, etc.

One thing about sacrificing followers; the game will register followers and hirelings dying while in the player's service.  If it happens too many times the dialogue options for hiring and following will not appear for the player anymore.  If the NPCs are listed in the potential hireling or follower factions the game is tracking them.  This is also true for followers made by players if they are using the vanilla follower system (factions and dialogue).

"......"

Anyway, anything to make your mod not be another pointless slave sex mod is a bonus in my book.  You've chosen the Lovecraft motif so why not make it as special as you can?  Look at it this way, if you can replace the Lurkers in your mod with dogs/wolves/trolls then someone else has already made your mod.  The thing that would set yours apart is the impression and story, not the slavery and the sex.

"...."

well. what i like about the work of delzaron and Aqqh is that there have a lot of story parts and yes, some sex but it's not mindless sex. it's integrated in the story, like their mods "a forsworn story." apart amorous adventure, rare are the "sex" mods that go such in the story.

I agree with you with the non "follower" sacrifice but they made it work with Kalaydi in a forsworn story, will the game still count it has a follower death ? since the follower/npc is only brought somewhere and it's not the player that kills him ?

Where I agree with you the most is that it could be undone after playing the mods. but In my opinion it should be a consideration for a very late version. after all there is a lot of mods that aims purely evil players. (Hill house, castle vohikar, a great dark castle that i forgot the name, etc...) even the mace of molag bal, or namira's quest... if your player is only a pure heart at least three daedra vanilla's quest shouldn't be done (okay it's a tiny scale compared to all of solitude but still.) in the principle it doesn't bother me so much. Even the stormcloak end of the war is a "bad end" that cannot be undone. 

I would more see a "good" end as an elaborated "abort mod" where the player could sabotage the last rite and make the cultist jump at each others throats (or lurkers jumping to cultist throats after an event triggered by the player, a potion or something) but i don't know if it would be "lovecraftian".

This is the classic impact vs permanence dilemma, probably one of the biggest bane in adult skyrim modding.

Without impactful events and penalties it is hard to make the mod "feels" relevant, but heavy handed penalties and permanent effects could become a nuisance, and for a game like Skyrim that we are used to it is not a good fit.

Different ways of approach.

First remove the never ending Skyrim mind set, start a new game. This won't be the become dragonborn/fight alduin/become archmage/ending civil war game. This is a new game for this mod. Annoying perhaps, but with the way how difficult to uninstall mods cleanly in Skyrim there's really no choice, think about if you need to remove other conflicting mods as well. Also thematically it is difficult to link events that happened in the mod back into the "real" skyrim as if nothing happened. Now the catch lies in if the mod itself can have enough content and carry on this new save for respectable amount of time/enjoyment, going to be different for everyone, who can say really?

Another way, a more technical approach. At the end of the mod, let the player know this is the end, clear out all items/effects/content from the vanilla game as if nothing happened nothing changed, then disable the esp. The plus side is to hopefully allow an existing save to play the mod then remove itself without trace or as much as it can and then the player can go on with their original game.

I agree with you with the non "follower" sacrifice but they made it work with Kalaydi in a forsworn story, will the game still count it has a follower death ? since the follower/npc is only brought somewhere and it's not the player that kills him ?

I thought about this last night.  One possible work around for making any added NPC followers used as sacrifices is to make them like Karliah and Brynolf (sp) from the thieves guild quest line.  They follow but are not followers.  That would have to be scripted, but an example of how it's done already exists in the vanilla game.  Once they get to the shrine a trigger zone could be used to set the next quest stage, remove packages, add scenes, etc.

Where I agree with you the most is that it could be undone after playing the mods. but In my opinion it should be a consideration for a very late version. after all there is a lot of mods that aims purely evil players. (Hill house, castle vohikar, a great dark castle that i forgot the name, etc...) even the mace of molag bal, or namira's quest... if your player is only a pure heart at least three daedra vanilla's quest shouldn't be done (okay it's a tiny scale compared to all of solitude but still.) in the principle it doesn't bother me so much. Even the stormcloak end of the war is a "bad end" that cannot be undone. 

Well, staying with the Lovecraftian motif; the Old Gods do not care about their worshipers and the human concept of good and evil does not apply to them.  I guess an equivalent would be if cockroaches worshiped humans as gods.  It doesn't matter to us if they revere us as gods, they are still cockroaches and we all know what happens when we see a roach.  The 'old one race' in the short 'Mountains of Madness' suffered that fate.  They did every thing they could to get the Old Gods here on Earth and as a reward for their faithful service they were annihilated.  The very human vanity of the Daedra doesn't apply to the Old Gods.  They are totally alien and we as humans are unable to understand their motivations or goals.

Back to Mod Ideas

One way to add to the feel of Lovecraftian terror could be temporary insanity.  The stories and the Chaosium Game in particular relied heavily on this.  After the player is exposed the first time the initial shock might push them over the edge.  That could result in phobias; fear of dogs (combat penalties for fighting dogs and wolves), fear of spiders (same penalties but also extend it to all forms of chaurus too), fear of sharp objects (player refuses to carry or use swords, daggers and axes), and so on.

Another form of playable insanity could be a type of palsy.  The character has severe tremors that affect combat, or it could be something as minor as a stammer.  The character just can't get the words out right and that affects speech craft related game mechanics (speech craft penalties, persuasion and intimidation checks have a higher chance of failure, stuff like that.)

I think a good way to demonstrate fear would be a 100% Stamina drain.  When the character's Stamina falls to zero they fall down...like they fainted.  :D

All of this could be done using spells, conditions and trigger zones.

Edit:  And I forgot about this; in the mod Helgen Reborn there is a mine dungeon with a Dremora wizard.  In that mine there are arcane explosions.  They don't do any damage to the character but the visual effects and the sound scared the shit out of me.  I literally jumped in my seat while playing.  That along with the atmosphere of the dungeon kept me on edge.  IMO, it is probably one of best player-made dungeons I've ever been in.