Bad Dog’s WIP Log

Bad Dog

Now that we've got all these fancy creatures, I've gotten some requests to make them easier to get at. Possibilities:

* Resurrect the original Animal Mansion but with you as client rather than partner.

* An Animal Arena where you get to fight different creatures for fun and profit (and extremely severe penalties if you lose). The sexytimes could be driven entirely by Defeat so this mod could actually be G-rated.

* Extend Hentai Creatures to include the new creatures.

I'm not much interested in Hentai Creatures but I thought that might actually be the easiest way to get started with quests and spells and stuff. One problem is that SIC provides so many creatures you don't really want a spell for each--the list would be unmanageable. So what I'm trying is to create lists of similar creatures and have one spell summon a creature from the list. I've got that working for male spriggans--I figured if you've called up a female spriggan for frolic, you might not like so much getting a guy, so separating them out makes sense. 

That much is working. I created a leveled character which was based on a leveled list, overriding factions and some other details with Hentai behavior. Then the leveled list just has to have all the SIC creatures I want on it. (And, of course, I need a spell and a spell book and a magic effect and to modify the "dump all the spells on me" script.) Still surprisingly easy. 

The proof:

tumblr_nq86ffYlpx1rctv3mo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq86g3kfqb1rctv3mo1_1280.jpg

I expect I'll do a bunch of these and then go on to more interesting mods.

Adding more to Hentai Creatures would probably be the easiest way, but I have long-desired some sort've beast fighting arena mod, particularly one that involves penalties for losing. As you said, Defeat would be there to add sexy times so that they wouldn't have to be part of the mod, but what I'd also like is that 'Defeat' triggering wasn't necessarily the end of the fight... for instance, it might trigger from a charge, or a hit below a certain health percentage, and then sexy times happen but my char might not be done! If she can stand up again and return to the fight, that should be a thing.

In other words, the actual match wouldn't end until (for example) Death Alternative listed a 'black out'. Or without DA, the game registered a death... if that's even workable without the save game reloading.

Just dreamin'. ^_^

Maybe a fight could go a few rounds.

I haven't given up on the Combat Arena idea. But Hentai is decent practice--for an arena I'll need to create leveled characters (because you'd choose to fight, say, a spider but the exact type of spider would be random) and make them behave for me, which is pretty much what I'm doing with Hentai right now.

My current holdup is interacting with the creatures. Hentai creatures pretty much always show the activator and menu choices when you click them. My actors sometimes do, sometimes don't. Sometimes they don't show the activator but will show the menu if you click on them anyway. So there's something Hentai's doing that I don't understand yet.

I'm also planning to have the creature go to where the victim is before sex starts. It's always bugged me that it will just disappear and you'll get a notification that sex has started somewhere, you have no idea where. 

Also I want to put a time-out in that script so it cleans itself up if sex doesn't start soon enough, to keep from having random scripts hanging around. 

Well, this is a nest of snakes and no mistake.

This whole quest thing is hard. Somewhere I heard someone say that Hentai Creatures was script-heavy. I dunno about that--you can find somebody to say that about nearly any mod--but for practice I decided to see if I could minimize script use. Also too I wanted the creature to actually perambulate over to the designated victim rather than teleporting there, because it's real easy for them to disappear and you have no idea where the sex is going on.

So I tried to use PathToReference which does exactly that except that it doesn't work and if you google it you find a bunch of posts saying it doesn't work and don't try to make it work and the right way to do this is with packages.

So then I had to find out all about packages and there actually is one that causes an actor to go someplace or to somebody.

So that's fine but so as not to be scripty I created a go-hunt-sex quest that would have an alias for the creature that would apply this package. And it turns out I was able to define a bunch more aliases that Skyrim fills in for me with all the closest actors. 

So now I have an actor (the hentai creature) with a script that enables the dialog that lets you start training which starts the go-hunt-sex quest which invokes the travel package which when it completes invokes a sexlab session on the target actor.  :wacko: Just trying to track all the parts is crazy... what you're doing is split up all over a million little bits and pieces.

So progress is being made. I now have a gargoyle that will choose a victim and run over to him/her, and for a while he was even banging the stooge, though I seem to have broken that just now. There's still a lot of scripting, of course, but the travel is handled with the package and identifying candidates by the engine filling quest aliases, so maybe the script load will be lighter. 

Next up--get the sex to happen again, and hook in all the config menu preferences HC has.

I need to find out how to make the aggression display happen--the bear roar or troll jump-and-shake-fists animation. I want them to do that when they get to the victim. 

Yeah, I decided after all that Hentai Creatures would be a good trainer project and Flying Toasters (the mod author) told me I could play in his sandbox. I'm gonna do the thing where a Hentai spell will invoke a type of creature but which exact creature you get is by chance. So the Giant spell will summon one one of the giants, but you won't know whether frost giant or giant brute or something else. Special creatures like the minotaur will get their own spells.

Yeah, I decided after all that Hentai Creatures would be a good trainer project and Flying Toasters (the mod author) told me I could play in his sandbox. I'm gonna do the thing where a Hentai spell will invoke a type of creature but which exact creature you get is by chance. So the Giant spell will summon one one of the giants, but you won't know whether frost giant or giant brute or something else. Special creatures like the minotaur will get their own spells.

well exelent new !

for people that love monster .

and for people that love animal , like me :P

Progress is being made, slowly.

Part of the difficulty is deciding which of 1000 ways to do something is best. I decided on a structure where there's an overall HentaiCreatureQuest to get things started; the Hentai Creatures themselves all have a script which extends their behavior; and there's a TrainWithSomebody quest that kicks off for training and then shuts itself down. The training quest knows about the sequence of a training event; the creature just knows how to have sex, choose a victim, etc. -- atomic actions which don't know how they fit into the larger quest. Quest stage fragments kick off script functions to do the work of the next stage; the last thing the fragment does is bump the next stage. So far so good.

I've got the creature responding to the "Train" command by running off and raping some poor victim. Right now that victim is always Embry, poor guy. I'm selecting the victim by having the engine fill quest aliases, but that's not working--only one quest alias gets filled and that with Embry. The engine is supposed to fill them all with unique actors, but that's not happening. Embry gets chosen even though I've set the condition to be sex=female. I think I don't know what to run the condition on--I've tried Subject, Target, and Reference and it seems to ignore the condition on all of them. 

The creature goes to Embry with a Travel package which is associated with its alias in the Train quest. That gets it there, and the packaged-finished fragment runs. But then it keeps running repeatedly with some sort of invalid quest instance where none of the variables are set. Maybe that's because the quest finished without ever removing the package. I'll have to test that, but I never had to remove the package explicitly before. But after training the creature ignores me and just follows Embry around like a dog, which suggests the package is still running.

One bright spot is my setup. I've got Notepad++ set up to compile from the editor, I've got papyrus compiling from CK, and I even seem to have stopped CK from crashing all the time by setting compatibility mode to Win 7. I thought I'd done that already, but because I run it as admin (because I have to run MO as admin, because I have to run Skyrim as admin, because otherwise it won't use the GPU) the setting hadn't taken.

I am beginning to get a handle on this. My respect for modders, which was substantial has gone up by tons. Just figuring out what the parts are and what they do is overwhelming.

One of my big problems here was that I had turned on "Start Game Enabled" in my go-get-sex quest and then was testing with a save that had had that on when I started the new game. So even though I turned it off later, it was that quest that was running every time I tested. Once I fixed that everything made much more sense. 

I also found the vanilla bard singing quest, which does what I'm doing with ReferenceAliases to find nearby NPC's to be an audience. From that I learned that you don't want to select participants with both "near the actor" and "closest" because "closest" means the single one NPC who is closest, which is why I was only getting Embry. And the conditions should run on Subject, which is the obvious option.

I also learned that if you tag a quest stage with "startup" or "shutdown" it will get run automatically on start and stop quest. 

With all that, I can now conjure a gargoyle who will on command select a victim, run off to where that person is, train her, then return to normal Hentai creature behavior. (Which should be to come back to me if it was following. Have to check that.) I checked with save game cleaner and I don't think it's leaving cruft in the save file. The script load should be pretty light--the scripts are all fragments which end quickly (except the sexlab animation itself). 

I've been thinking a lot about encapsulation and info hiding. Right now, HentaiCreature has atomic behavior that always makes sense for the creature. Any long-running behavior (like Train) kicks off a quest to encapsulate it.

The train quest knows everything about the quest and its stages and how to sequence them. Everything else should push the quest along by making calls to it. Calls should be of the form "This happened"--then the quest sets the appropriate stage or whatever.

It's not clear when I need to use quest stages. Right now, every piece of the action is a stage but I'm not sure that's necessary.

The Trainer alias on the train quest knows how to be a trainer. It should know how to go to an actor, how to train him/her, how to catch the interesting events associated with training (arrived at victim, sex is done). It can then call back to the parent quest to tell it what's happened.

Next up:

• Implement the Hentai options restricting who to train with
  • Catch the SL animation end callback so the quest ends after sex ends instead of before
  • Get the post-training effects back in
  • I'm playing with the idea that the beast should beat the victim on arrival to soften them up. 
  • Then get the rest of the creatures in.

CK continues to be rock solid, which is fabulous.

I think I've found the problem with talking to the creatures. Turns out Hentai Creatures modifies all the vanilla races to allow player interaction. Okay, fine, I can do that with the SIC races in this mod.

Annnnd.... I'm getting the no-dicks problem in this setup that other people are reporting. So I'll go chase that awhile.

I think I've found the problem with talking to the creatures. Turns out Hentai Creatures modifies all the vanilla races to allow player interaction. Okay, fine, I can do that with the SIC races in this mod.

Annnnd.... I'm getting the no-dicks problem in this setup that other people are reporting. So I'll go chase that awhile.

good hunt .

i frequently got this : penis vanish bug, too.

kinda anoying .

Made good progress on the mod today. Turns out that if any race doesn't have the "PC Dialog" flag set, a leveled list containing NPCs of that race will not allow PC dialog. That took a while to find.

Turns out that if you have an NPC based on a leveled list, you can't use that NPC in another leveled list. Which is too bad because I was going to collect up all the Dwemer constructs into one. So now each basic type has its own leveled NPC and its own Hentai spell: punisher, worker, etc. etc.

I had to blow up my whole beautiful structure I laid out above. Turns out that I can't create multiple instances of a quest--at least, I don't know how to. So all my creatures were using the same "train" quest and only one could train at a time. I put all the logic back into the Actor script and used states to keep things straight. (Probably unnecessary but it does make a few things simpler.) I now have the behavior I want, with creatures choosing a victim, running off to have at them, then running back if they've been told to follow. 

I wasn't able to add a package to an actor with a script and have it run. I still don't know why that didn't work. instead I have a very simple "train" quest with no scripting that just finds candidate victims and contains the travel package for the creature. I duped that a bunch of times so multiple creatures can train at once. No wonder Flying Toasters did't try to do this.

Still not sure where the CF bug is. Right now, my dwemer constructs are getting hard when required but not losing it again. I'll be doing more hunting as I go on.

Aaaand... it's a wrap, just about. All the creatures are in--oops, I forgot to test the shoggoth--including skeevers, which I hear a rumor now have animations. Rieklings and goblins tend to show up with a bunch of pals who are hostile, so watch out for that. Giants tend to show up without a weapon, which looks kind of stupid because they stand around with it across their shoulders. I might know a fix to that. 

The new structure works fine. All creatures can be talked to. The main hentai quest has a list of training quests which it hands out on demand. The training quest identifies potential victims, and the creature chooses one. All the Hentai mod options are honored. The creature runs to its victim before starting training, with a failsafe so that if it gets stuck it will jump to the trainee after a few minutes. The whole training event has a timer so that if it runs too long it shuts itself down.

I'll check those last few points and clean things up then post it in a day or two.

Some good stuff in there, but problematic... right now, SL doesn't know creatures' sex and the animations for them tend to be male. We'd need special animations for these gals.

You posted this quite a while back.   You know I'm one of those people that would totally be fine with some female monsters having strapons or cocks and using male animations.  I posted a good while back that it would be quite fun to see "futa" styled creatures. 

Also do you happen to have a donation tab anywhere?  I wouldn't mind giving you a bit of money to show some appreciation to what you're doing.  Just as a way to show some appreciation to what you're doing and would continue to do if you keep working some more on this mod and expanding it further.

@HeatSeek, I gotcha covered. Female draugr, goblins, and falmer use strapons. And for futa, check out the female giant spriggan, who is terrifying on just so many levels.

For the rest, I'm totally dependent on what animators produce. If the creature uses a skeleton that has sex animations, I can probably get it working. But it will be whatever the animations are, e.g. the male spriggans are always on the receiving end and the female giant spriggans always dish it out.

As for donations, I'll send a PM. If you want to buy me an internet beer, I'm cool with that. :-)

@Guilbarane, not sure what you're asking. If you just want sexed-up vanilla creatures, go to More Nasty Critters. The only thing BDIC does different is extend the MNC/SLNC/CF system to SIC.

@Nicobay, not sure what you're asking either. Whatever you summon looks the way it would look if you ran across the animal in the wild. (For a while falmer and goblins were showing up nude, but I fixed that.) If there are variants of creatures, you'll get one of the variants at random. If you don't like what you got, banish it and try again.

I do have mnc, but I'm specifically looking for those oh-so-realistic skeleton boners which it seems you've included, but which fail to feature in any other pack..? As denoted in version b0.9? Just wondering if I absolutely need the immersive creatures mod, which has caused some trouble before - your mod seems to cause ctd without the primary mod, so trying to avoid that!

Archived