• 1 year later...

I tried the medium version and there were fairies everywhere and a lot of CTDs. Having that many critters around is demanding for your cpu, so I don't recommend the jumbo version for anyone, at least not for a normal playthrough. Fairies should be something rare and not more common than butterlflies. Switching to light decreased the amount of CTDs for me.

Also, what do you mean by "You can (Not) Redo"?

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy this mod, but a MAJOR downside is the fact that I literally cannot uninstall it from my game. I've removed everything, cleaned the saves for loose scripts, but CTD every single time I try to save or enter a new area. Each time I uninstalled it and without fail got a CTD, I tried installing it again and my game worked just fine as if nothing happened. So I'd really appreciate some look into this, and possibly uploading this mod to Nexus (as it would gain much greater recognition as well as easier install/uninstall)

EDIT: I've finally resolved the issue, but overall I am very very very displeased with this mod's horrible, even game breaking consequences when you simply try to uninstall it. Good mod, and I've gotten my good use and enjoyment out of it, but I doubt I'd use it again until some decent, cleaner install/uninstall methods are implemented.

(JUST A NOTE, BUT I REMOVED EVERY MOD FROM MY GAME AND STILL EXPERIENCED A CTD AFTER TRYING TO UNINSTALL THIS MOD)

Details of what happened: Obviously I had to uninstall the mod manually, deleting all the files which it adds to the game. Throughout this process I was using a save cleaner (Called "Save Tool") to clean the orphan scripts. Once I entered the game, I could not make a new save OR enter any new area with the mod uninstalled. If I installed all the files once again, the game functioned perfectly as if nothing happened. At this point in time, it was necessary to find a solution because of FPS drops as well as the Fairy NPCs killing off all hostile wildlife and even 80% of the natural spawning enemies. I removed every mod besides Fairies of Skyrim (in a hope that it was a mere mod conflict) but I STILL had the same exact CTD when attempting to create a new save or enter a new area. I finally resolved the issue when I cleaned the save again, then uninstalled the mod, and cleaned the save right after uninstalling (there were 3 orphan scripts listed) once I removed those my game functioned perfectly, and I could make as many new saves as I wanted.

post-1053552-0-37067500-1477628568_thumb.gif
  • 3 months later...

I'm going to be switching from Medium to Lite today and give that a try.  Medium puts fairies everywhere, making the nights far to bright for my tastes.  I guess I had expected them to be more in small clusters here and there, a rare to find creature.  Hopefully the lite version will be more in line with what I had hoped to achieve by installing this mod.  I can only imagine jumbo makes the forest carpeted with the little light balls.  I have noticed more crashes with this installed - two or three a play session up from one or two a week.  

• 5 months later...

This is a very nice mod that really spruces things up at night in various places. I'm using the lite variant and you still get quite a few fairies here and there but thankfully not too-too many. But I like how there are options here to suit all tastes when it comes to how many you want throughout the land! They look just like the fairies from Zelda, which is cool because hat is actually a perfect look for fairies in Skyrim, rather than the stereotypical Tinker Bell types you see in most fantasy settings. I like how they can sometimes almost look like fireflies! The obelisk is a very interesting feature, too. All in all, this is a great addition to the game, and one that is still in my load order even now that I am using Tropical Skyrim... it has been kind of a staple mod for me ever since I first downloaded it. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...