Goodbye Revelers, hello Drunken Sluts

BurnyD

MOVED TO DOWNLOADS:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45414-goodbye-revelers-hello-drunken-sluts

Original Description:

So as I was wandering around Skyrim and ran past a group of revelers, I realized how much I don't particularly like them. They seem pointless. So I came up with an idea to change them... from drunken dudes, to drunken ladies. Drunken ladies in various states of undress. Who knows, maybe they're at the tail end of a bachelorette party or something.

Description:

Changes the Revelers to fully-voiced (using vanilla dialogue) Drunken Sluts. Join them in their revelry!

Features:

- They will approach you when you pass, but won't force you into dialogue... you can just ignore them! Finally! Fuck you, Revelers, I don't want your stupid mead, I have a dragon to kill!

- Is your character a prude? Tell them to fuck off, and they will! But beware, piss them off and they might not want to talk to you again.

- Is your character down to party? Well so are they. Oh boy, are they ever.

- Remember that really uninteresting ring the Revelers gave you? New and improved! Well, ok, more like themed. It does the same thing.

Want them in sluttier clothing?

The mod as released is purely vanilla assets, which will reflect any replacer mods you have in place. However, I tried to design it to be as easy as possible to add other clothing for the girls from other mods. Any clothing you add to the leveled item DSX_Clothes will be included in their potential wardrobe.

Basic instructions (not promised to work with all armor mods, the ones that get too fancy might cause issues):

1) Open DrunkenSluts.esp and whatever other clothing mod you want them to wear in the CK, with DrunkenSluts.esp as the active file.

2) Find the clothes you want in the Armor category (under Items). Open them, change the FormID to something more Drunken Sluts specific, change the name if you want, and save. It will ask if you want to create a new form, select yes. This will create a version of that piece of armor for the Drunken Sluts to use.

3) Reopen the armor records you are importing (the ones you created). They will also have Armor Addon records associated with them (middle bottom section). Double click on that, and it will open the Armor Addon. Change the FormID here as well (usually mirroring the change you made to the Armor record with AA at the end is a good idea). Save, create a new form.

4) Back in the Armor record, you still have to old Armor Addon attached. Remove that, add a new one, search for your version and add that one instead. Save the Armor record.

4a) This is a slightly more complicated, possibly not necessary step. We need any outfits to come in one piece, but the clothing mod you're getting it from might have them in several pieces. To fix this, pick what you would consider the main Armor piece of the outfit, and in the Armor Addon section, assign the Armor Addons for all the pieces you want to be included. Feel free to change the name to something more descriptive if of the entire outfit. Each Armor Addon will have a clothing slot that it goes in, make sure the Armor piece has all the same clothing slots selected. This usually works, but YMMV, I'm not a master at this process.

5) Go to the Leveled Items section (under Items) and open DSX_Clothes. Just leave it open. You should see a bunch of vanilla clothing in there.

6) Go back to Armor, and find the pieces you want to add to the wardrobe. Drag and drop them into DSX_Clothes. The wardrobe will only select one item, so if you put in only a bra, if that is selected you will have a girl in only a bra. You can also remove anything you want from DSX_Clothes as well.

7) Save DSX_Clothes, save the mod, and load up your game.

8) If the Drunken Sluts had already loaded in your game before you made this change, you can open the console, select them and type Resurrect and they will regenerate with the new clothing as an option for wearing.

DrunkenSluts.rar

I actually just ran into them today.

Actually they aren't completely pointless. If you give them a bottle of Honningbrew they will give you a "charmed amulet" that increases your carrying capacity by 25 points, very useful to characters just starting out - which is usually when you run across them.

However, I do like your idea of them being drunken sluts too, as long as you, in addition to whatever else you can do, can still get the charmed amulet from them. Personally I use CBBE myself.

Well rather than replacing them why not just have a separate encounter? That's possible right?

Certainly possible for someone with more modding experience than I have.

You gave up on having them voiced?

No, I just got far enough in that process that I didn't really need the help anymore.

If you have some great in-game dialogue that you think would work, go ahead and suggest it and I'll see if I can work it in.

Just to give a quick update, I have the first encounter with them finished (voiced, etc) and it's pretty good.  You can join their party or you can piss them off.  I'm gonna work on repeat encounters - as in, you run into them again, they know you from before, if you pissed them off you have to win them over or they won't talk to you.  And basically from there it will cycle, you can piss them off and they will tell you off, or you can be on their good side and reap the rewards.  I'll probably have a complete version ready for download in the next few days.  The necklace is still attainable as well (actually, more easily than before, you don't need a bottle of booze on you to get it).

Right now I'm just having them wearing a random selection from farm clothes, miner clothes, tavern clothes, etc.  Honestly it basically works fine this way.  I'd still love to throw something more raunchy in the mix, and I might go looking for some things that I would like to include that I can get permission to use, but I still would love some suggestions or pre-emptive permissions.

Another quick update: the script of the first interaction (dialogue flow) was done already but I had to restructure the quests a bit to fix a few issues. I also fleshed out some of the points that will be common paths (dug through available dialogue and put in multiple options for response). So when one of them says goodbye there are 5 possible phrases instead of the original 1, for example. Trying to make it a little less repetitive where possible to make it seem a little more natural.

I started mentally building out the script for further interactions (which I have dubbed angry and happy interactions), which hopefully won't be too difficult but it depends on what dialogue pieces I have to build it out of and sometimes it requires some thought and creativity.

I'm not getting much response about outfits, which is making me think I'll just release a vanilla assets only version (which will be obviously replaced with any clothing replacers you have in place), and include a step by step guide for including other outfit mods you have in place (it's really straightforward for anyone who has the CK installed basically).

The mod is actually very very very light on scripting, because I'm altering an already scripted event.  I use the pre-existing quest to kick off the interactions, and trigger its scripted events as needed.  The only scripting I'm doing is setting global variables to keep track of where you are, and calling sexlab animations.

I'm mainly creating quests out of the existing voiced dialogue.  I'm really satisfied with the initial interaction, the conversation components sound good together.  I'm still working on the rest (didn't have a lot of time today to work on it).

I'm probably going to stop after working out the two flavors of repeat interaction, but I intend to give permission to anyone to start where I left off if they want and run with it.  I think it could be a pretty interesting set of NPCs to flesh out more, or to have show up in taverns randomly.

I think when people see it they might be like "that's it?" because all I did was kinda recreate the reveler scene in a new context.  But 90% of the work has been picking out the right dialogue so that the conversation flows well.

Update:  Finished!  There was an embarrassingly small amount of work remaining but I just didn't have time to get to it until last night.

I don't know how to set up a download page which I guess is my next task to figure out, but you can download the mod in the top post.

Let me know if there are any issues.  If you want to add outfits, open the mod in CK, import the outfits from other mods and add them the the leveled item DSX_Clothes.

I took this on partly as an intro into a slightly deeper level of modding than I had done before, and I was limited to the available dialogue so don't expect a huge amount of content, but I did my best to (where possible and effective) add several random responses or gender specific paths so that it wouldn't just be the very same conversation every time.  It should be *almost* the same conversation every time, which is better.

This mod seems to cause CTD just as any save game finishes loading. I'm a bit confused, can anyone help?

Edit: just tried the coc qasmoke trick and it now works, sorry!

If anyone else is having issues (and if anyone knows a way to prevent them) let me know, I don't mind making any fixes. I do sometimes have issues loading a new game after loading a mod that makes a change to an npc or something, and I usually just load up my first save (which is pretty stable) and load from there.

As far as I know this mod doesn't have anything that should cause trouble though.

Also, anyone with any feedback would be appreciated!

Is it NPC changing mods? That makes a bit more sense now then...

I would assume the spawn chance for this is still the same? Because I haven't seen it spawn since installing. I actually started a new game and on the Riverwood road to Whiterun I saw them appear and saved quickly to load this mod in, but the vanilla reveler had already started approaching me and the slut version just walked over and said the first line, but I couldn't speak to her. I reloaded but they didn't spawn again, which they normally do on that road.

I would assume the spawn chance for this is still the same? Because I haven't seen it spawn since installing. I actually started a new game and on the Riverwood road to Whiterun I saw them appear and saved quickly to load this mod in, but the vanilla reveler had already started approaching me and the slut version just walked over and said the first line, but I couldn't speak to her. I reloaded but they didn't spawn again, which they normally do on that road.

I'm not absolutely sure, I'm only working from a gut sense of what causes it, but to me it seems like mods that change something that is already in another form in the save file can make the save crash on the loading screen.  But usually if you get in (I use the load the first save then load from there), and save again, the new form is in the save file and the problem goes away.  I could be totally wrong though, I'm just stabbing in the dark.

If you still have that save, did you try console resurrecting the reveler before he got to you?  I would think that would work. 

This doesn't increase the spawn chance.

I'm not absolutely sure, I'm only working from a gut sense of what causes it, but to me it seems like mods that change something that is already in another form in the save file can make the save crash on the loading screen. But usually if you get in (I use the load the first save then load from there), and save again, the new form is in the save file and the problem goes away. I could be totally wrong though, I'm just stabbing in the dark.

If you still have that save, did you try console resurrecting the reveler before he got to you? I would think that would work.

... Dammit that's the one thing I didn't think of. I will check if I still have the save, I should do, and if I do I will definitely try that.

I'm not absolutely sure, I'm only working from a gut sense of what causes it, but to me it seems like mods that change something that is already in another form in the save file can make the save crash on the loading screen. But usually if you get in (I use the load the first save then load from there), and save again, the new form is in the save file and the problem goes away. I could be totally wrong though, I'm just stabbing in the dark.

If you still have that save, did you try console resurrecting the reveler before he got to you? I would think that would work.

... Dammit that's the one thing I didn't think of. I will check if I still have the save, I should do, and if I do I will definitely try that.

I don't have the save. :( I guess I'll just wait for the encounter to trigger again.

• 6 months later...

So, I believe I asked for help, but I figured it out myself. my apologies for asking before trying out solutions before hand. As it turns out I needed a sexlab file that I didn't know was missing, but it's fixed now. I was able to have some fun with the Drunken Sluts. (they're awesomely polite by the way if not told off.)

Archived