Mergeable plugins reports

Sarou89

Hello there !

A message to ask if you have a thread about mergeable plugins.. ? (I tried to look for it but didn't find one)

If not, here is the principle :

- Here is an exemple.

For those who doesn't know how to merge:

- Here the long text explaining

- Here a video to illustrate

I know that the mods on Loverslab are often updated, often scripted, often with a MCM menu, but I'm running out of plugins space ; furthermore the mods are in an advanced stage overall.

I think I'm gonna try some merging and posting here the result, but if anyone has already try and know some safe combinations.. Please post here :)

You can merge anything as long as you merge their bsas and make sure their scripts if they have any are packaged with them. Best to not merge anything with it's master unless you know what you're doing. If you really need space just merge your lighting mods, water mods, armor mods, and other stuff that has no scripts. Since if you have to ask you shouldn't be messing with scripted mods imho.

You can merge anything as long as you merge their bsas and make sure their scripts if they have any are packaged with them. Best to not merge anything with it's master unless you know what you're doing. If you really need space just merge your lighting mods, water mods, armor mods, and other stuff that has no scripts. Since if you have to ask you shouldn't be messing with scripted mods imho.

I'm kinda in the same boat. Have around 80 .esp's worth of quest/dungeon and follower mods i need to merge otherwise my load order will go past 255 lol. Just a pain trying to figure out which mods are what since some mod authors just use a few letters for the mod name. Like a steam mod that expands the Thieves guild main quest to let you 'recover' all the lewts that Mercer stole, the mod author put the mod name as "tgnq". Have to go into Wrye Bash, right click a mod, select Details and try to guess what the mod does lol. Found out the hard way even after merging mods they have to stay installed and can't be removed cause the merged .esp just takes the place of the mass of ones you couldn't fit and still uses the .BSA files even though the Nexus page says you need to extract the .BSA into loose files.

Archived