Miarc007

Welcome To the Kitsune Challenge!

Forewords

Okay first why am I asking the large community to build this and not do it myself?

First off while I have the ideas I do not have the software to build it, also I’m not a student so I can’t get the software without paying a hefty amount.

Second while I like to think myself a good programmer I know most people can type code around me while I’m still working on the first few lines and my experience with 3d modelling is limited to simply static objects.

The third is time, I’m currently not only job hunting but I’m doing work experience 8:30 to 5:00 Monday to Friday for the next eight to Twelve weeks. Assuming I don’t find work in that time frame.

And lastly my main work machine (and Gaming machine) is dead and I’m still in the process of building a new one; I have no idea when I’ll be sorted. 

Now that is out of the way what you may ask is the Kitsune Challenge?

It’s a Race Mod to be plain and simple; I’ve struggled really hard to find a decent kitsune race mod that will work. Problem is most of them are either 80% to 100% Furry, break the lore of the game or just general break the game. I’ve looked into it a few times to work out how to build my own but ran into the same problem as many: lack of software or time.

To give you an Idea I’ll Start with What I’d like to see in this mode then the base Rules for the mod in general. Reason for this is my idea is merely a suggestion the rules are the ones that should not be changed.

My Suggested Idea

Background/Lore

“Kitsune a Race far from its home lands, often referred to as the trickster it mischief has little bounds. Kitsunes are often mistaken by hunters for real fox when they are in their fox form”

Start the Kitsune off with just ONE tail and as the game progress allow more tails to be added (each tails could gain the player a new ability or modifier)

Base Appearance: Male or Female

Fox Eyes:

• Slitted pupils
  • Soft glow to eyes (Green, Blue, Red, Amber, etc)

Fox Ears:

• Have the Ears React to sound
  • Changes in players Stance; See Animated or HDT or Both
  • The Fur to the environment (Wind, Frost, water, etc)
  • Change fur colour as players Hair colour is changed

Fox Tail: Start with single tail but allow more later

• React to the Players mod: happy, sad, aroused, etc

Things Animated or HDT or both:

Fox Ears:

• Mentioned Earlier base appearance

Fox Tail:

• Sexlab – Tail Job
  •  

Body: Also highly recommend to build it around or at least Compatible with trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital

Player Stance:

Combat

Tail or Tails Move Aggressively and the ears are up high alert to danger

Sneaking: Depending if Vanilla or on all fours crawling

Vanilla – Ears constantly moving for sounds and Tails movement it slow and subtle

Crawl – Tails Move low to Ground and move slowly while ears are constantly moving for sounds

Aroused:

Tails move excitedly and ears move quickly as well.

Abilities, Modifiers and Skills

Kitsunes are classic Shape Shifters so anything that adds to or alters there gender is highly recommended. Also a way for them to turn into a fox would be fun and interesting (I see some quests added for this in separate mods) the fox fur would be the same as players hair colour.

As Kitsunes live in the open world they will have a certain level of resistance to things like poison, frost, etc. also reported to be a seductive creature so lust magic and life draining (soul capture) on a lower scale to a succubus.

Magic wise Kitsune are good at illusions and destructive magic particular fire (Foxfire - Kitsune-bi), as they are beings of magic (or least heavily saturated in magic) they have a larger pool of mana than others.

Kitsunes as tricksters are fairly stealth when setting traps and slipping items into or out of pockets (how much up for debate) they are even harder to find when in fox form but there ability to pick things up is limited to smaller lighter items.

As a Kitsune grows more powerful and skilled it will gain more tails. Each Tail increases its magic and often allows a new ability (up for debate)

Sounds

Quieter footsteps in the open would be a plus for this race.

An Actual Recording of a fox yip or yapping would be useful for immersion for when in fox form.

CompatibilityWhat this mod should work with

• Sexlab – for obvious reason
  • Devious device – Assets, Integration, Expansion and Regulations
  • HDT High Heel System by HydrigensaysHDT
  • trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital (highly Recommended or Similar)
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton (Recommend the Extended Groovtama by as well)
  • Fores New Idle in Skyrim
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force by dDefinder
  • Alternative start and Alternative Start – Live a Deviant Life
  • Frostfall and plug-in Sexlab- warm bodies
  • Milzschnitte’s Beeing Female
  • Skytimll’s Sexlab Hormones
  • Immersive First Person: (Srende has a good start for Sexlab compatible)
  • Toxsickcity’s Sexlab ScocLB

• Gender Change mods – Kitsunes are Shape shifters Male, Female or futanari
  • HDT Hair mods – Just make sure that the ears and hair don’t clash could add hair movement when ears move if ambitious.
  • HDT Clothes – Just make sure there are no major clashes with tails and the clothes

Quest ideas or additions

Kitsune Ball:

Kitsune have things called kitsune balls. What this is, is a small white ball. It doesn't appear to have any powers. The kitsune guard this ball closely, and if you can get your hands on one, you can have the kitsune promise to aid you or possibly more!

The Actual Rules

Okay now that you’ve got my suggestive idea down will move to the rules. There are four sections to the rules which I don’t need to explain.

Not Acceptable:

• Furries – way too many already, will accept an optional version in the mod but not in the main mod file
  • Complete Lore breaking – Some Breaking is fine if you can get some acceptable lore that will fit in. some people like to build additional mods to fill in the plot holes
  • Ugliness –  we all like a good looking mod so why people leave mods on the vanilla appearance when people mod the hell out of their game to make it look better is a mystery to me
  • Setting the Bar to high on the main file –goes without saying that not everyone can use the higher texture packs, so if you make them please put it as optional extra
  • Two sets of ears - I finding it incredibly weird when people just stick the animal ears on the head but leave the human ears alone. So when working on the model please deal with the human ears.

Acceptable

• The Standard Fox Tail and Ears are fine
  • Slitted Pupils
  • Naruto Whisker marks (If seen the Anime you’ll know what I mean)
  • Clawed nails- I will accepted slight claw appearance on the nails, thought we may not see them a lot.
  • Body markings – are okay but let people choose.

Recommended

• Animated, HDT Fox ears and Tail
  • trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital
  • any additional HD Textures are fine

Encouraged

• Ears and Tail Affected by the Environment
  • Ears and Tail affected by players moods and stance
  • Animated Fur – for the really ambitious
  • trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital (maybe stressed this one a bit too much?)

If decide to use anything from my ‘Idea’ section please feel free, just credit where you got the initial idea from.

Think that everything all I can say is apart from I'd encourage the challenger to post updates here for others to see or a link here to their own form on the building of it.

Good Luck to who ever accept the challenge!

Welcome To the Kitsune Challenge!

Forewords

Okay first why am I asking the large community to build this and not do it myself?

First off while I have the ideas I do not have the software to build it, also I’m not a student so I can’t get the software without paying a hefty amount.

Second while I like to think myself a good programmer I know most people can type code around me while I’m still working on the first few lines and my experience with 3d modelling is limited to simply static objects.

The third is time, I’m currently not only job hunting but I’m doing work experience 8:30 to 5:00 Monday to Friday for the next eight to Twelve weeks. Assuming I don’t find work in that time frame.

And lastly my main work machine (and Gaming machine) is dead and I’m still in the process of building a new one; I have no idea when I’ll be sorted. 

Now that is out of the way what you may ask is the Kitsune Challenge?

It’s a Race Mod to be plain and simple; I’ve struggled really hard to find a decent kitsune race mod that will work. Problem is most of them are either 80% to 100% Furry, break the lore of the game or just general break the game. I’ve looked into it a few times to work out how to build my own but ran into the same problem as many: lack of software or time.

To give you an Idea I’ll Start with What I’d like to see in this mode then the base Rules for the mod in general. Reason for this is my idea is merely a suggestion the rules are the ones that should not be changed.

My Suggested Idea

Background/Lore

“Kitsune a Race far from its home lands, often referred to as the trickster it mischief has little bounds. Kitsunes are often mistaken by hunters for real fox when they are in their fox form”

Start the Kitsune off with just ONE tail and as the game progress allow more tails to be added (each tails could gain the player a new ability or modifier)

Base Appearance: Male or Female

Fox Eyes:

• Slitted pupils
  • Soft glow to eyes (Green, Blue, Red, Amber, etc)
Fox Ears:
  • Have the Ears React to sound
Fox Tail: Start with single tail but allow more later
  • React to the Players mod: happy, sad, aroused, etc
Things Animated or HDT or both:

Fox Ears:
Fox Tail:
  • Sexlab – Tail Job
  •  
Body: Also highly recommend to build it around or at least Compatible with trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital

Player Stance:
Combat

Tail or Tails Move Aggressively and the ears are up high alert to danger

Sneaking: Depending if Vanilla or on all fours crawling

Vanilla – Ears constantly moving for sounds and Tails movement it slow and subtle

Crawl – Tails Move low to Ground and move slowly while ears are constantly moving for sounds

Aroused:

Tails move excitedly and ears move quickly as well.

Abilities, Modifiers and Skills

Kitsunes are classic Shape Shifters so anything that adds to or alters there gender is highly recommended. Also a way for them to turn into a fox would be fun and interesting (I see some quests added for this in separate mods) the fox fur would be the same as players hair colour.

As Kitsunes live in the open world they will have a certain level of resistance to things like poison, frost, etc. also reported to be a seductive creature so lust magic and life draining (soul capture) on a lower scale to a succubus.

Magic wise Kitsune are good at illusions and destructive magic particular fire (Foxfire - Kitsune-bi), as they are beings of magic (or least heavily saturated in magic) they have a larger pool of mana than others.

Kitsunes as tricksters are fairly stealth when setting traps and slipping items into or out of pockets (how much up for debate) they are even harder to find when in fox form but there ability to pick things up is limited to smaller lighter items.

As a Kitsune grows more powerful and skilled it will gain more tails. Each Tail increases its magic and often allows a new ability (up for debate)

Sounds
Quieter footsteps in the open would be a plus for this race.
An Actual Recording of a fox yip or yapping would be useful for immersion for when in fox form.

CompatibilityWhat this mod should work with
  • Sexlab – for obvious reason
  • Devious device – Assets, Integration, Expansion and Regulations
  • HDT High Heel System by HydrigensaysHDT
  • trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital (highly Recommended or Similar)
  • XP32 Maximum Skeleton (Recommend the Extended Groovtama by as well)
  • Fores New Idle in Skyrim
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force by dDefinder
  • Alternative start and Alternative Start – Live a Deviant Life
  • Frostfall and plug-in Sexlab- warm bodies
  • Milzschnitte’s Beeing Female
  • Skytimll’s Sexlab Hormones
  • Immersive First Person: (Srende has a good start for Sexlab compatible)
  • Toxsickcity’s Sexlab ScocLB
  • Gender Change mods – Kitsunes are Shape shifters Male, Female or futanari
  • HDT Hair mods – Just make sure that the ears and hair don’t clash could add hair movement when ears move if ambitious.
  • HDT Clothes – Just make sure there are no major clashes with tails and the clothes

Quest ideas or additions

Kitsune Ball:
Kitsune have things called kitsune balls. What this is, is a small white ball. It doesn't appear to have any powers. The kitsune guard this ball closely, and if you can get your hands on one, you can have the kitsune promise to aid you or possibly more!

The Actual Rules
Okay now that you’ve got my suggestive idea down will move to the rules. There are four sections to the rules which I don’t need to explain.

Not Acceptable:

• Furries – way too many already, will accept an optional version in the mod but not in the main mod file
  • Complete Lore breaking – Some Breaking is fine if you can get some acceptable lore that will fit in. some people like to build additional mods to fill in the plot holes
  • Ugliness –  we all like a good looking mod so why people leave mods on the vanilla appearance when people mod the hell out of their game to make it look better is a mystery to me
  • Setting the Bar to high on the main file –goes without saying that not everyone can use the higher texture packs, so if you make them please put it as optional extra
  • Two sets of ears - I finding it incredibly weird when people just stick the animal ears on the head but leave the human ears alone. So when working on the model please deal with the human ears.

Acceptable

• The Standard Fox Tail and Ears are fine
  • Slitted Pupils
  • Naruto Whisker marks (If seen the Anime you’ll know what I mean)
  • Clawed nails- I will accepted slight claw appearance on the nails, thought we may not see them a lot.
  • Body markings – are okay but let people choose.

Recommended

• Animated, HDT Fox ears and Tail
  • trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital
  • any additional HD Textures are fine

Encouraged

• Ears and Tail Affected by the Environment
  • Ears and Tail affected by players moods and stance
  • Animated Fur – for the really ambitious
  • trepleen’s CBBE HDT BODY with Female Genital (maybe stressed this one a bit too much?)

If decide to use anything from my ‘Idea’ section please feel free, just credit where you got the initial idea from.

Think that everything all I can say is apart from I'd encourage the challenger to post updates here for others to see or a link here to their own form on the building of it.

Good Luck to who ever accept the challenge!

I think you've fallen into the trap of asking for too much at once and not allowing any modder to use their own ideas/creativity. If you really want a Kitsume race, you should lower your expectations and requirements. Once a race mod has been made, it can always be expanded upon - you may even be able to modify it yourself. I can't create anything either, but I can often manipulate something that someone else has already made to my satisfaction.

1. It might be better to ask for which gender you plan on playing with (or having as a companion) first. So, for example, if you plan on playing as female (as 99% of most players would) then you should probably just ask for that gender. The male (or other gender) can always be added later.

2. Foxlike eyes, ears and tail are obviously needed to make this race work, but you should probably just stick to the one tail for now. A way to make new tails "grow" as she levels up should probably be held off for now, that sounds like tricky scripting. Plus a modder might have their own ideas about that, such as "temporary" extra tails when using certain racial powers (or perhaps a Player Succubus Quest like transformation).

3. Ears reacting to sound? I don't think even Khajiit ears do that. I have no idea how something like that would be scripted/activated. Sounds like it would be hard to do. Again, something that should wait until AFTER the mods main/basic mod has been made.

4. Fur changed to environment/change fur color as player hair color is changed. Have you considered what would activate that? How does the player character "know" its changed environment? Is that even feasible to script? Its a cool idea, but again, something that should wait until the main/basic mod is built. (FWI You phonically misspelled "color" no "u")

5. I don't think I've seen a tail mod where it reacts to the player's stance as you've described. (Don't know for sure that there isn't one, I don't follow tail mods regularly.) So you are asking for an entirely new feature that could easily be mod in its own right. Put it aside for now.

6. Kitsume turning into fox would be a cool feature, but what would be the point of it? Foxes can't actually do anything in the game. Untamed does have animal transformation, so it is possible, but I'd leave that as extra. Have the modder make the basic mod first, transformation later, if at all.

7. Gender Change Mods. I don't know if any mods like this already exist, but I doubt too many people (modders and players alike) would be interested in that. I also think that would put a lot of pressure on the game. I don't know if you already know, but if you type "sex change" into the console, the game will switch your character to the opposite gender and at the same time lop off your character's head. The game isn't set up to switch genders and I imagine it will be very buggy to try to create a gender switch mod, especially one that preserves your character's original face. A female to futanari add-on would probably be possible, Player Succubus Quest has something like that.

8. "Not Acceptable"
A."Furries", everyone has a different option on what actually constitutes a humanoid furry. Do you mean no fur anywhere but ears and tails? Or simply no animal facial features, like a fox nose (or arguably fox eyes) but light fur pattern like Ohmes-Raht have is okay? Most people would argue that just having animal tails and ears makes this race a "furry". (Also whiskers, or whisker marks, look just as attractive on women as beards look on women.)
B. What do you mean by "lore-breaking"? This is just a race mod, not a huge quest mod.
C. "Ugliness" entirely depends on your own textures. Even if the modder uses vanilla textures, it will look different in your game depending on your own textures. As long as they make it compatible with your textures, (which I believe you said are CBBE, the most common body type, so shouldn't really be a problem) then this race will be as good-looking as any of your regular races.

9. Two sets of ears. While I agree that Kitsune shouldn't have human ears along with fox ears, that's really hard to atheistically accomplish. Unless their hairs covers the fact that they are missing human ears everytime (like in anime) then its going to look like they are disfigured.

10. Sounds should also be added later.

Bottom line.

Keep it simple.

You want:

A female race (or male) with other gender to be added later

Fox Ears and Eyes

One Fox tail with the ability to gain more tails later (however the modder decides to accomplish that)

Hairs or some method to hide/disguise human ears (or lack there of)

Fully compatible with CBBE textures and HDT bodies.

Racial Powers you'd like them to have, (everything you said - aside from shape shifting/gender bending - is okay)

And to be as compatible as possible with standard Sexlab type mods.

Fox Tail: 

• Sexlab – Tail Job

Oh yess. Fluffy tails jobs. PG8ne0W.png

I have been trying to create a kitsune character before. Got me already a foxy ears that reacts to the mfg commands ( and are using the same colour as your hair ) and a static fluffy tail. Since I am not expert in 3ds yet I have a plans on making it a fully HDT reliable.

But Im not sure how making 9tails HDT would work, if it even could work at all. It would be kinda a big mess.

Speaking of whiskers I was wondering which one works better, real one or the painted ones.

Here is my old screenie, its not a technicaly a pure kitsune but my main character cosplaying as a one. So no slit eyes.

9sDxSWO.jpg

I'm going to try and create a more kitsune-inspired character.

I'm more of a cat person but that never stops me from trying new animal races and hybrid races

It may not be 100% what you looking for but a good friend and still a tester for made the Kistumimi race you can try that the other stuff.....well....i mainly see them as extras (yes i know the link say Nekomimi its two race in one type of deal!)

https://www.nekomods.com/races/the-nekomimi-race

I noted people think I've over complicated it, I can see how that connection can be made. The first part is primarily a suggestion or ideas pool; what I’d ultimately hope for (wouldn't we all?)

But to answer the questions from; The Good Samaritan

1) I play primarily as female character

2) Start with one tail; the other tails were merely level building idea it’s not needed. So only need Fox Ears, eyes and a single tail to sum up.

3) Its not so much reacting to sound as it is generally the ears moving, and appearing to react, not needed in a first release

4) If people have used the Frost fall Mod they will notice the appeal your character wears develops coatings of frost. That’s the idea for the fur reacting to the environment.  Again a later implantation idea.

5) This one is slightly personal vendetta; if you used mods that add to your characters appearance you’ll know what I mean. When a character has an appendage that is either static looking or simply looks limp, it robs you of the experience and generally looks broken. I just want something that will shift with the character and feels natural.

6) Transforming into a fox: there have been several times I’ve thought if only I was smaller, to fit through a gap, to escape. Who’s to say what you can and can’t do as an animal? To mention the idea of been thought a fox and hunter come after you seem like a fun idea. But again is really an extra

7) Gender changing; merely an idea, I’ve heard people attempt it with mesh and texture changes to create futas etc. again not needed in a first release.

8) The Not acceptable Okay I can see several pointing out everyone has there own likes and dislikes. The point I’m making here if you do want some in this section please make it optional! I’ve had too many modes that won’t allow for this compromise.

A) What do I mean by furry?  Take a look at this image. http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/4053380/Furry+Chart/

When I say not furry I mean the first (1) category. Some could argue I’m making the character look similar to Ahri from League of legends; That fine.

B ) What do I mean by Lore breaking? Okay I can see why this one is tough. What I mean is content that clearly doesn’t fit the world lore; like crashed space alien (extreme example). But what I’m saying is write something that you can believe is possible in skyrim, something not overpowered or can’t see it fitting into the world. This is part of the Race description you see when building a new Character

C) Ugliness – you can start with the Vanilla textures that’s fine, I’m just saying if you build  it try making sure its fits mods like ‘less blocky faces’ I just really don’t like the vanilla graphics after this long and I every one like to improve the looks of the game after a while.

9) Two sets of ears, with hair this often isn’t a problem. But if you play with short hair or are bald it really strange. Particular when some quest mods remove the player’s hair.

10) Is an idea for much later implantation, not needed for a first release

So too keep it K.I.S.S (Keep it stupidly simple) here what I’m hope at the least

1. Female start
  2. Fox Ears, eyes and a single tail
  3. Whisker face marking (can be set with the face marking tab)
  4. Fully Compatible CBBE Texture and HDT Bodies
  5. Racial Powers; Spells, resistance, etc
  6. And compatible with most of the standard sexlab type mods

If this is easier to swallow I hope it helps.

I'm more of a cat person but that never stops me from trying new animal races and hybrid races

It may not be 100% what you looking for but a good friend and still a tester for made the Kistumimi race you can try that the other stuff.....well....i mainly see them as extras (yes i know the link say Nekomimi its two race in one type of deal!)

I like your suggestion, but do you know if the hair colours are changable?  I've seen something like this before an my first impression was 'Lore break' just from the colours alone. Thanks for pointing it out thought but I won't be trying it out for a long time (I currently have my sister old computer onboard graphics and 2GB ram!)

I like your suggestion, but do you know if the hair colours are changable?  I've seen something like this before an my first impression was 'Lore break' just from the colours alone. Thanks for pointing it out thought but I won't be trying it out for a long time (I currently have my sister old computer onboard graphics and 2GB ram!)

If i remember correctly yes ^-^ i haven't use it in awhile due to him going HDT happy with the tail, breast, ears and hair  :lol:

Also the race has its own custom voice thats also on his website both normal & anime version (fan of the game or not the anime verison is too damn cute for words! )

Or u could use some armor mods on nexus that adds most of the features here mentioned:

Tails and ears (all with HDT, including fox,cat,cow,wolf ears and tails) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58165/?

Whiskers http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54125/?

Eyes can be done with editing in Racemenu http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?

For the voice pack I personally edited this mod (removed all langauge voice acts) but u can use the vanilla version of course, and since you're speaking of ahri from LoL I guess this comes pretty close to what you're aiming for http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48915/?

And body of course any CBBE type of body u want.

I know this isn't what u asked for, but with this u can create custom kitsune npc's/players before someone makes a kitsune race. (or encourage people that are into this project to use these resources)

This is what i've been able to create within 3/5 minutes in playing with racemenu, although eyes are complicated but doable (just didn't want to perfect them for an example)

DZAuVIx.jpgmee7lDD.jpgp6dL0KB.jpg

Too many furries? One can never have too many furries.

Putting that aside,have you seen the Kitsune race mod aon the Nexus or for that matter,the Matera Races?

The Battle Matera are awesome, I copied their textures onto the regular matera so they all look the same for me. And I managed to find this mod that has a whole bunch of HDT tails and ears with lots of colour variety: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58165/?

Too many furries? One can never have too many furries.

Putting that aside,have you seen the Kitsune race mod aon the Nexus or for that matter,the Matera Races?

Yeah I know that first one, It's the one that got me hooked on the idea of having a kitsune girl in game. But I started to have some serious bugs as the game got updated, not too mention the various Sexlab mods. I was hoping some one could sovle at least THAT issue.

As for the the other mod, I like it but I tend to like having these things right at the start; really helps with the immersion as I build up a story inside my head to explain my characters behaviour.

Thanks for the heads up in any case.

Archived