View File

Note: This mod edit requires the Plush Backpack by Higeyosi mod to work properly! The original mod contains the necessary .esp and texture files!

After enabling HDT physics to the Wa Ribbons mod (original mod), I decided to also enable HDT physics to another mod by Higeyosi involving plush backpack accessories.

This mod is mainly a mesh replacer that will enable ragdoll physics to the limbs of the plush backpacks so they are a bit more lively when the character wearing one moves around. It also fixes some geometry/skin-weight issues the original mod has. I think it should also fix any inventory image orientation issues as well.

This mod requires:

For anyone wondering, when wearing the backpack, it should take up Slot 47 (Dragon BloodTail or Mod Back) and should work for both male and female characters.

Credits go to the original authors, the HDT team, and darkconsole for reminding me about it!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/03/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Physics Extension, Plush Backpack by Higeyosi
  • Special Edition Compatible

Very nice!  :heart: 

But kumakin's hands are waving through its belly, is it because I'm using HDT Bounce and Jiggles' xml?

Hm, I might provide an alternate .xml package that had collisions disabled if that is an issue. This mod uses it's own HDT .xml files and shouldn't have problems running with other HDT mods. However, it might be possible that collision data could be calculating all wonky depending on your setup, so if this is a common issue, I'll try to provide a fix for it.

Edit: The Kumakin backpack does penetrate itself a bit more than the Teddy bear does. I might adjust the values a bit to fix that...

Edit: Okay, I tweaked the file and reuploaded. There should be less self-penetration for the Kumakin backpack now. Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

This is great, thanks for the release. I've been wanting to add HDT physics to loose bits of armors in vanilla/immersive armors, but after a few days of searching around how to get it done, I'm starting to get discouraged. Think you could point me in the right direction for how to do this?

This is great, thanks for the release. I've been wanting to add HDT physics to loose bits of armors in vanilla/immersive armors, but after a few days of searching around how to get it done, I'm starting to get discouraged. Think you could point me in the right direction for how to do this?

No problem, glad you like it.

Hm, my simple answer is learn by doing and trial and error.

My in-depth answer would be to search the forums for the JFF (Just For Fun) tool and how to embed HDT Havok physics information path into your .nif assets. If you don't want to use the JFF Tool, you can try looking for the 3ds Max plugins and tutorials by canderes and/or necKros. I personally make mine by hand using JFF, but some people work better with an actual tool with an interface. If I ever have the time for it, I may do a step-by-step walkthrough of my tedious and time-consuming process...

Hope this helps!

My in-depth answer would be to search the forums for the JFF (Just For Fun) tool and how to embed HDT Havok physics information path into your .nif assets. If you don't want to use the JFF Tool, you can try looking for the 3ds Max plugins and tutorials by canderes and/or necKros. I personally make mine by hand using JFF, but some people work better with an actual tool with an interface. If I ever have the time for it, I may do a step-by-step walkthrough of my tedious and time-consuming process...

Hope this helps!

Ahh, okay. I'll give JFF a look. As far as clothes are concerned, do I need to weight those for T/BBP? Because I'm not really looking for making bouncy clothes.

Also, love the weapon sling mod, probably the best thing I've seen done with HDT so far.

And I'd absolutely love to see a tutorial if you ever decide to make one.

Hope this helps!

Ahh, okay. I'll give JFF a look. As far as clothes are concerned, do I need to weight those for T/BBP? Because I'm not really looking for making bouncy clothes.

Also, love the weapon sling mod, probably the best thing I've seen done with HDT so far.

And I'd absolutely love to see a tutorial if you ever decide to make one.

As far as animation is concerned, just weight what you find is necessary--there's really no point in weighting a mesh to a bone that wouldn't/shouldn't be used. The only other reason I'd find for weighting those areas, if not for the animation, would be for dynamic scaling purposes, so it's kind of a give-take deal. I'd honestly make the weighting more for animation than scaling, especially if it is armor or something you intend to be "vanilla friendly".

• 1 month later...