Why not implement pubic hair the same way as eyebrow?

mimichacha

I believe many people would agree with me that pubic hair is a really important customization option missing in Skyrim. There are more than a few modders who have worked on solutions for this. However I find those solutions hardly satisfactory.

At first, the pubic hair are painted on body texture. Since body texture must use skin tint color not hair tint, there is no way to avoid pubic hair color mismatch.

Then, there comes the pubic hair mesh which uses hair tint color. Color issue is solved, yet new problems arises:

1, The mesh is poorly made. All the 3D pubic hair mods I have seen so far share the same set of mesh. The "model-every-single-hair" approach used in that mesh set results a set of computationally expensive and visually insignificant pubic hairs.

2, Conflict with underwear. Even if a modeling professional makes a quality mesh, it is still a challenge to make the pubic hair coexist with underwear.

I think it would be much better if pubic hair could work the same way as eyebrow, a texture layer. There is a pubic hair overlay mod for Racemenu, but Racemenu is too heavy. So I'm wondering if it is possible to add pubic hair in the same principle as eyebrow without heavy scripts?

Because there is already, as you mentioned, a pubic hair overlay for RaceMenu.

Also, RaceMenu is heavy?

Too script heavy for me. Every time I see a script, I shit my pants.

Seriously though, aren't Racemenu and its plugin a little bit too much for a simple task as pubic hair?

The mod "painted lady" adds pubic hair meshes under facial hair category. If we replace the awful meshes with one that closely fits the body, then we will have a pubic hair mod that works the same way as eyebrow, simple and script free.

Also, RaceMenu is heavy?

Too script heavy for me. Every time I see a script, I shit my pants.

You clearly have no idea what script heavy even means.

More scripts isn't script heavy, always active scripts are script heavy (Scripts that have infinite loops waiting for particular conditions). RaceMenu is not an always active mod. It's active when you load your game (for a very, very brief period) and when you actually open the menu, any time other than this it's not spending any time slices to do any work. So I have no idea where you got the impression it was 'heavy'.

You may want to take a look at some of the other mods you have that ARE always active (Like SOS for example), these are the biggest contributors to script load.

There are already mods that implement pubic hair similar to the eyebrow as you mentioned, it replaces the facial hair for females (since females don't have facial hair). Alternatively you can make it an "Extra Part" to another part, but this requires actually editing the original part's record, which can break many things if any NPC happens to also use that part.

There are already mods that implement pubic hair similar to the eyebrow as you mentioned, it replaces the facial hair for females (since females don't have facial hair). Alternatively you can make it an "Extra Part" to another part, but this requires actually editing the original part's record, which can break many things if any NPC happens to also use that part.

The only one I know is 'painted lady', but it uses awful pubic hair meshes. Do you know any other mods use similar approaches?

The always active script thing you mentioned makes me wonder, is there a way to tell if a mod has always active scripts? Currently I'm using a few mods that have scripts:

Dovahkiin relax, which I believe it only call scripts when the relax spell is cast.

HDT highheels, always active maybe?

Sexlab framework, Non-sexlab animation and matchmaker, I have no idea about these.

Also, RaceMenu is heavy?

Overlays arent quite as good as stuff like "Color Changing Wearable Pubes for Futanari" (obviously doesnt NEED to be for futas).

I think tc is right, it would be awesome to be able to have a slider and several different styles to choose from that also change with your hair color.

The only one I know is 'painted lady', but it uses awful pubic hair meshes. Do you know any other mods use similar approaches?

The always active script thing you mentioned makes me wonder, is there a way to tell if a mod has always active scripts? Currently I'm using a few mods that have scripts:

Dovahkiin relax, which I believe it only call scripts when the relax spell is cast.

HDT highheels, always active maybe?

Sexlab framework, Non-sexlab animation and matchmaker, I have no idea about these.

You should be able to replace the meshes in Painted Lady if you find better ones. You should also be able to add new ones via CK.

And if you provide examples on how you want a new mesh to look it makes it easier.

If you want it really work the same way as eyebrows you can just use a 4096px overlay instead. Eyebrow texture is just a form of overlay.

Working with underwear: Make it equipable in that slot (May not work depending on mods slotuseage), Maybe a small script to equip it whenever nothing is in that slot (I cant code, just some idea)

You should be able to replace the meshes in Painted Lady if you find better ones. You should also be able to add new ones via CK.

And if you provide examples on how you want a new mesh to look it makes it easier.

If you want it really work the same way as eyebrows you can just use a 4096px overlay instead. Eyebrow texture is just a form of overlay.

Working with underwear: Make it equipable in that slot (May not work depending on mods slotuseage), Maybe a small script to equip it whenever nothing is in that slot (I cant code, just some idea)

Yes, a mesh that covers all pubic hair area is all I need. That's exactly how eyebrow works. A mesh that covers entire eyebrow area, and new eyebrows can be created by assigning new textures on that mesh in CK.

And using the idea from 'painted lady', pubic hair can be added as facial hair, so it won't require any slot. If the mesh fits the body closely enough, it should show pubic hair between body and underwear. Almost as if the pubic hair is painted on the body, only it isn't.

Yes, a mesh that covers all pubic hair area is all I need. That's exactly how eyebrow works. A mesh that covers entire eyebrow area, and new eyebrows can be created by assigning new textures on that mesh in CK.

And using the idea from 'painted lady', pubic hair can be added as facial hair, so it won't require any slot. If the mesh fits the body closely enough, it should show pubic hair between body and underwear. Almost as if the pubic hair is painted on the body, only it isn't.

So you want an very flat 3d mesh. Could you link your body mod and the underwear you use, gonna give it a try. Probably a replacer for Painted Lady when I can do it. And a picture example would be VERY nice too as my imagination is aweful.

Edit: Yea, your idea is easier: A flat surface and a texture.

Edit 2: Depending on body and the weight setting the texture could clip.

And how much should the mesh cover? Up to belly button? Then it can be really bad with the gap.

So you want an very flat 3d mesh. Could you link your body mod and the underwear you use, gonna give it a try. Probably a replacer for Painted Lady when I can do it. And a picture example would be VERY nice too as my imagination is aweful.

Edit: Yea, your idea is easier: A flat surface and a texture.

I'm using customized CBBE v3 and customized lingerie from VindictusMixRobes, you can find both presets in attachment. "mimichacha.xml" is the preset for CBBE HDT body, and "VLMiCha.xml" is the preset for VindictusMixRobes lingerie.

I know nothing about 3D modelling. But I guess the easiest way to make the pubic hair mesh is to start with the "CalienteBodyHDT.nif" from BodySlide, remove all the body mesh except the pubic hair area. It would be a good idea to include all possible area that might grow hair. Then apply a tiny bit scale and translation so that the mesh would closely cover the body.

Body Options Blender mod has a lot of pubic hair textures, you can ask its author if you can use these textures in your mod.

Here is my illustration:) 

post-154846-0-94770300-1425251554_thumb.png

And thank you so much for giving it a try.

MiMiChaCha.xml

VLMiCha.xml

Some hours later: Everything inside CK is fine, but the models get messed up. But it kinda work as the color changes.

Textures: Couldn't find some good ones, and I can't make them either.

Edit: Used some brow textures because they should work fine, my mesh is really messed up. But it kinda works to morph it to the _0 and _1 bodies.
Edit 2: Now morphing doesn't work... If somebody can create the meshes and/or textures I can give you the ESP.

I always have trouble with NIFs that have some special stuff.

I will still try to do it. But no guarantees.

Some hours later: Everything inside CK is fine, but the models get messed up. But it kinda work as the color changes.

Textures: Couldn't find some good ones, and I can't make them either.

I think the textures from Body Options Blender are adequate.

Why is the model messed up? Show us some screenshots pls, I'm really curious.

I cant find this "Body Options Blender"

Sure: I use a body that doesn't match the mesh I created.

First: Test with brow texture, the black thing is part of the pubic mesh that flies all over.

Second: Just some texture that fills the whole mesh.

3 and 4: Morphing between 0 and 100 weight

post-118842-0-42829300-1425267662_thumb.pngpost-118842-0-28286200-1425267666_thumb.pngpost-118842-0-15338600-1425267668_thumb.pngpost-118842-0-01843500-1425267670_thumb.png

I cant find this "Body Options Blender"

Sure: I use a body that doesn't match the mesh I created.

First: Test with brow texture, the black thing is part of the pubic mesh that flies all over.

Second: Just some texture that fills the whole mesh.

3 and 4: Morphing between 0 and 100 weight

attachicon.gif001.pngattachicon.gif002.pngattachicon.gifw_0.pngattachicon.gifw_1.png

Looks promising! If only the mesh stop flying all over. Why does the mesh do that?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27352/?

This mod has some pubic hair textures. I got the name wrong, it is "Body Options" not "Body Options Blender". My bad.

Mesh does that because I am dumb and did not weight paint. Works now.
Now I will fit it and test the textures.

I learn a lot here doing that.

Edit: Tested texture: Colors work not that good due to simple convert and alpha channel. Would like when somebody could create some nice textures.
Still need to fit it to the body as it lies underneath the skin when I use the body it SHOULD fit.
post-118842-0-32726200-1425300947_thumb.pngpost-118842-0-29200200-1425300950_thumb.png

Black and White Hair

Mesh does that because I am dumb and did not weight paint. Works now.

Now I will fit it and test the textures.

I learn a lot here doing that.

Edit: Tested texture: Colors work not that good due to simple convert and alpha channel. Would like when somebody could create some nice textures.

Still need to fit it to the body as it lies underneath the skin when I use the body it SHOULD fit.

attachicon.gif001.pngattachicon.gif002.png

Black and White Hair

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! And it looks awesome!

So the texture and mesh still require some improvement, but they are almost done, right?

When will this mod be released? I can't wait!!!!!!

That would be nice of you, one would be enough for now. Still need to figure out how to align it to the body correctly.
Anyone have some tips to what bones I should weight it or some other stuff?

And a screen to show how the mesh is:

post-118842-0-31969100-1425306799_thumb.png

UV Map as attachment.

post-118842-0-78390600-1425306036_thumb.png

That would be nice of you, one would be enough for now. Still need to figure out how to align it to the body correctly.

Anyone have some tips to what bones I should weight it or some other stuff?

And a screen to show how the mesh is:

attachicon.gifscreen.PNG

UV Map as attachment.

I think the pubic hair area should cover more area, just in case someone want to make a very hairy texture.

Have you considered my idea in post #10? I don't know anything about mesh making. But I guess it is possible to create a pubic hair mesh directly from a body mesh. Just erase all body parts other than the pubic hair area, and then scale it a little bit so it would cover the body. No bone binding or weighting are needed. Is it possible? or I'm just dreaming:)

Did it like you said: Using the Body and cutting stuff away. I fixed it up, applied UV Map, used Outfit Studio for Weighting, then created TRI file.

Worked fairly well, but: Still clipping with the body. And somehow weight-slider not working.

I give up on this. I don't know how to do it right. Sorry, but yeah.
It is easier to use an 4k or even 8k body overlay:

-> Every bodyshape

-> You can combine multiple very easy

-> Easy to add for everybody via RaceMenu

Testes the resolutions with one of the textures posted earlier from Shivalala and creating an overlay:

8k -> 512px for pubes, ~21MB in DXT5

4k -> 265px for pubes, ~85MB in DXT5

If you still think it is too much, put into the body texture. And uninstall any standalone followers because they use at least 4 times the VRAM as they have a whole set of textures.

I realize the potential behind this idea as you can use 1024 textures while still having better quality than 4k overlays.
I hope someone may do it instead, but think it will be limited to specific bodies unless they figure out some neat morphing of the mesh and/or have a better way to create meshes.

OVERLAY: And an 8k screen (i would say it too much, 4k or 2k is enough, how many time do you see the pubes in close up anyway?):

post-118842-0-16272000-1425613706_thumb.png

And you should use 8k body if pubes are 8k too to match detail level.

Did it like you said: Using the Body and cutting stuff away. I fixed it up, applied UV Map, used Outfit Studio for Weighting, then created TRI file.

Worked fairly well, but: Still clipping with the body. And somehow weight-slider not working.

I give up on this. I don't know how to do it right. Sorry, but yeah.

Noooooooooooooooo! This is heartbreaking! You are so close to make it happen.

Well, I guess an eyebrow like mesh is really difficult to make. Still, thank you for everything!

• 1 month later...

Archived