What happened to SexoutBreeder?

Beornwahl

Are there any recent developments? Have you managed to get it to work?

Last I heard the person working to fix it also up and left, so it would seem there's a curse resting on SO Breeder...

Horrible curse. Anyone that tries to work on it to fix it ends up leaving and not coming back. There has been more than one person that tried and left. So much so there is a private PM / mail chain for this very subject. Those that have shown the chops to be able to work on it and interested gets approval and access to the resources and conversation. This is to protect those that will attempt to get even a few of the problems resolved from pressure from the community. It is better now that pepertje has created a very in-depth alternative to SexoutBreeder and continues to add modules and stories to the mod(s) each and every week. I strongly recommend anyone interested in the classic Sexout Breeder to give Fertile Breeder a try along with the other modules that have been created to complement it. Like the Loading screens for example.

Fear not.. I am confident that if there is a resurrection of this mod.. Those interested will be informed.

Are there any recent developments? Have you managed to get it to work?

Last I heard the person working to fix it also up and left, so it would seem there's a curse resting on SO Breeder...

Horrible curse. Anyone that tries to work on it to fix it ends up leaving and not coming back. There has been more than one person that tried and left. So much so there is a private PM / mail chain for this very subject. Those that have shown the chops to be able to work on it and interested gets approval and access to the resources and conversation. This is to protect those that will attempt to get even a few of the problems resolved from pressure from the community. It is better now that pepertje has created a very in-depth alternative to SexoutBreeder and continues to add modules and stories to the mod(s) each and every week. I strongly recommend anyone interested in the classic Sexout Breeder to give Fertile Breeder a try along with the other modules that have been created to complement it. Like the Loading screens for example.

Fear not.. I am confident that if there is a resurrection of this mod.. Those interested will be informed.

I would love to be informed. But for now does anyone have a video of the deathclaw part?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I do know there is a rework in progress for Breeder.  Sadly though they are doing update status and test releases on Reddit and not to these forums for all you interested.  And @ritualclarity, If people really tried hard enough ( search engines ...) they can find the last release of the files all over the internet, I was just hoping some modder with time to spare between now and F4 release would do fixing.

Honestly though I do believe a lot of Mod makers are taking a break until F4 hits.  I am enjoying the Fertile Breeder stuff right now, Dialogues in that one make me laugh.

Well, I do know there is a rework in progress for Breeder.  Sadly though they are doing update status and test releases on Reddit and not to these forums for all you interested.  And @ritualclarity, If people really tried hard enough ( search engines ...) they can find the last release of the files all over the internet, I was just hoping some modder with time to spare between now and F4 release would do fixing.

Honestly though I do believe a lot of Mod makers are taking a break until F4 hits.  I am enjoying the Fertile Breeder stuff right now, Dialogues in that one make me laugh.

Those are older and don't work with current sexout. and Pregnancy. They use old commands. I am familiar with some of those Reddit mods that are being uploaded. Unless you have found something new that I missed that is.

That is besides the point. Anyone using those if they are updated won't likely get much support here as that mod is considered dead as far as current mods are concerned. In order for it to be fully supported and proper it would need to come from or at least be approved by those that are creating the masters for Sexout Breeder. Can't cause problems.

There might still be hope for a proper distribution of a repaired Sexout Breeder being re-released. ;)

I have been getting pretty good at " merging " mods I like to use.  I can't make new stuff to save my life, but I have learned enough to tweak mods to my liking.  I have tried the past 4 hours taking some of the dialogue triggers from FB and including it into the old Breeder.  Atm, I get to the animations start but it either ctd's or animations freeze my character upon finishing them.  Anyway i am of to sleep before work.

I have been getting pretty good at " merging " mods I like to use.  I can't make new stuff to save my life, but I have learned enough to tweak mods to my liking.  I have tried the past 4 hours taking some of the dialogue triggers from FB and including it into the old Breeder.  Atm, I get to the animations start but it either ctd's or animations freeze my character upon finishing them.  Anyway i am of to sleep before work.

That might be because the dialogue you're trying to edit has another script attached to it that's causing a CTD because that Breeder script is trying to call upon resources that are no longer present. Trust me, many people have tried resurrecting Sexout Breeder, and so far all but one have abandoned ship and have disappeared from LL.

That might be because the dialogue you're trying to edit has another script attached to it that's causing a CTD because that Breeder script is trying to call upon resources that are no longer present. Trust me, many people have tried resurrecting Sexout Breeder, and so far all but one have abandoned ship and have disappeared from LL.

Yea. you won't be able to merge the old SO with the new one. Or anyone found on the web elsewhere.

I managed to change the script for 2 of the animations to use what is in your mod, I was honestly trying to see if it was possible to take some of the non scripted breeder content and implement it into your mods system of dialogue triggers versus the whole " tag " system I seen in the old one.  Of course it wasn't perfect but I was happy I even got the scene to play through to the end, its about 6 out of 10 times I ctd, other 4 scene ends without a hitch except my UI and player controls are unresponsive and I can't even bring up the console.  I also shouldn't be trying this with TTW running as well hah.

Just found out about this thread & so it occurs to me that I should let anyone with enough interest to check this out know that I am currently leading the restoration effort of sexout breeder here on LL. If you're interested in helping out whether by testing or lending your modding acumen to the cause please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I expect that there will be a working copy of sexout breeder here on LL within the next couple weeks excluding the deathclaw content. The deathclaw content will also be restored in time, but may take longer as that it the largest & most complex part of the mod. :)

Just found out about this thread & so it occurs to me that I should let anyone with enough interest to check this out know that I am currently leading the restoration effort of sexout breeder here on LL. If you're interested in helping out whether by testing or lending your modding acumen to the cause please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I expect that there will be a working copy of sexout breeder here on LL within the next couple weeks excluding the deathclaw content. The deathclaw content will also be restored in time, but may take longer as that it the largest & most complex part of the mod. :)

nuclear-explosion.gif

Oh he went and did it..

Yea. you won't be able to merge the old SO with the new one. Or anyone found on the web elsewhere.

For the record, sexout is and will continue to be backwards compatible with any mods created for older versions, assuming they followed the API, with only 1 exception I am aware of:

- The raper/rapist tokens are no longer handed out, but are still present in the files so won't cause reference failures (I don't think any forms have ever been removed from sexout). I doubt Breeder referenced them, but if so you can just check the use info, find the script and swap the GetItemCount checks to either:

let Raped := call fnSexoutGetFlag actorREF "Raped" 1

let Raping := call fnSexoutGetFlag actorREF "Raping" 1

- Mods that added new animations to the temporary range (which was NOT VALID API) need to register them, which is easy, and I don't think applies to Breeder anyway. This also applies to the 4 Mavia animations. Without updating mods will still work fine, except the wrong animation will play.

If this is not the case, then it is a bug in sexout and should be reported. Prideslayer and I have put a lot of effort into maintaining compatability.

---

In Breeders case the problem is incompatibility with SCR and Pregnancy (with valid reasons).

For the record, sexout is and will continue to be backwards compatible with any mods created for older versions, assuming they followed the API, with only 1 exception I am aware of:

- The raper/rapist tokens are no longer handed out, but are still present in the files so won't cause reference failures (I don't think any forms have ever been removed from sexout). I doubt Breeder referenced them, but if so you can just check the use info, find the script and swap the GetItemCount checks to either:

let Raped := call fnSexoutGetFlag actorREF "Raped" 1

let Raping := call fnSexoutGetFlag actorREF "Raping" 1

- Mods that added new animations to the temporary range (which was NOT VALID API) need to register them, which is easy, and I don't think applies to Breeder anyway. This also applies to the 4 Mavia animations. Without updating mods will still work fine, except the wrong animation will play.

If this is not the case, then it is a bug in sexout and should be reported. Prideslayer and I have put a lot of effort into maintaining compatability.

---

In Breeders case the problem is incompatibility with SCR and Pregnancy (with valid reasons).

That was suppose to be an SB not an SO.. It was a typo..The conversation that you quoted was about merging the sexout plugins. The Sexout Breeder and Fertile Breeder..

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43821-what-happened-to-sexoutbreeder/?p=1267960

The old Sexout Breeder with the newer Fertile Breeder.. ;).

Archived