Planning my next game...will my mods work together OK?

wr1

Hey folks,

I have decided to start planning my next modded game of Skyrim.  I seldom play a thief type character in fantasy games but Skyrim and the mods seem to have so much content that goes with that I am thinking I will try that type of character next.  I also would like to try some of the Devious Devices and prison mods and some others that sound interesting which I haven't tried yet, but thought it might be a good idea to get an opinion if the mods I have chosen will go well together.

In particular, I would like to know if one or more wouldn't work well together, or if I am missing one that would go well with the ones I have listed.

Here is my planned list:

*Unofficial Skyrim patch

*SOS

*SexLab

*Sexlab Aroused

*Zaz animation pack

*Apropos

*Race menu

*Realistic ragdolls and forces

*Sexlab Defeat

*Slave tats

*Devious Devices + Assets

*Devious Devices - Expansion

*Devious Devices Integration

*Devious Captures

*UNP Blessed Body

*Realistic Needs and Diseases

*SkyUI

*Seeing Yellow

*Prison Overhaul (by Xaz)

*Captured Dreams

*Sex Lab Working Girl

*Milk mod economy

Phew! Long list!

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-WR

Generally spoken, I can't see any incompatibilities, but missing requirements.

- You definitely will need a custom skeleton, I would suggest the latest XPMS extended

- FNIS also is missing in your list, needed for all the animations

- Maybe take Aroused Redux instead of Aroused, will be friendlier to your PC memory

- I don't know, if you're into this, but to make the body replacements complete, I use Better Shaped Creatures and More Nasty Critters, for female and male creatures.

- For another extra animation pool (SLF and ZAP are two), maybe use Non SexLab Animation Pack

- If you want to play more the sneaky / assassin type, maybe Devious Cursed Loot could be sth for you. It also can curse other stuff, like dead bodies and will give an extra thrill when looting an assassination victim or other persons chests 

- Another thrill could be Sanguines Debauchery Enhanced, SD+, so you can get enslaved, also fits your sneaky playstyle, beacuse you can free yourself by stealing the Master's key or killing him/her

Then for Non-Adult-Stuff:

- I see Needs and Diseases, if you want this kind of immersion, maybe go for Frostfall, too. The modders here know, that many people use it, so you can tweak the mods appropriate (eg Prison Overhaul: give clothes and food, instead of being imprisoned nude)

- For general base I most of the time take STEP. A tip, if you use Mod Organizer: build up a STEP profile and leave it. If you want a new playthrough, first copy the STEP folder in MOs profile folder and rename it to your new playthrough name -> STEP as base for a new game.

- maybe look at Skyrim GEMS, most of those mods work great together with STEP

- - eg. under the "Thievery section", I've tried once the Overhaul mod, for my taste it was too harsh, but if you test the different mods from the subsections, I think it'll be worth.

- - And you'll find many other great overhauls there, too.

- Then maybe Skyrim Enhanced Camera works great and has no incompatible mods due to the fact that it's a SKSE plugin and nor "normal" mod

- Jaxonz tools are great, too, but if you don't want to use the whole bundle, I would suggest to manually pick your stuff (and maybe use TES5 Edit to merge them by yourself).

And trust me: You won't stay with this short list! I started with about overall 50 mods (30 actually were SKSE / esm / esp plugins). Now, that I've went my way through STEP, the Nexus and LL, I have 358 ACTIVE mod folders in MO, that create 176 esm /esp files, some are inactive (due to MOs archive handling), some got merged, so I think I have roundabout 190-200 esm /esp files that could be active. That's my LL mod profile ;) And some others here even have bigger ones (I'm still talking about folders -_-).

So believe me: Incompatibilities will be your smallest problem, soon!

Hi,

Mister X is absolutely right for all his suggestions. I would like to add some minor others :

- you should consider using MO if this is not already the case. It may be a bit more difficult to start with than Nexus Mod Manager but it really worth the time

- you may appreciate having some mods to improve animations : HDT Physics Extensions, FNIS Sexy Move (a must have to me), Female Animation Pack, Princess Horse Riding, The Dance of Death ...

- if you didn't see it, there is a very useful utility to go with apropos : Estelles Apropos Utility. If you try it, it will become essential to your experience^^

- you want to play with devious devices but your game will become mostly unplayable if you have poor ways to remove some items. I suggest Devious Devices for the masses to configure your chance to loot some devious keys.

- finally, I suggest the fabulous More Devious Quest which add consequences when you wear devices and some funny quests to earn money. It can be a litlle frustrating due to the fact that you can't ask for a job if none of your devices are visible but it's not really a problem (especially if you know how to use the ck, you can easlly change some conditions or the tags of your armor/clothing)

Obviously, you will download too a replacer for armor et clothing to match with the UNP body

I hope I'm enough understandable^^

Enjoy your game

Thanks to all for the help.

I have a question about the skeleton and body mods.  Which ones go well together?  Are there certain install options that are the correct ones for UNPBB? (Or does UNPBB already come with a skeleton?) (This is the one I'd been using: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37900/?) Is there a different body mod that would be more suitable?

I didn't realize that Sanguine's Debauchery was compatible with Defeat.  I'll add it to my list then.

Which armor and clothing replacers are popular?

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

There are two big body replacers for female: UNP and CBBE. UNP is quite strict in its shape, but has higher quality. CBBE has a bit less quality, but can have basically any shape you want, due to Bodyslide.

All those versions like UN7B, SevenBase, ... are compatible with UNP, because they are built up from it.

Also, CBBE is more easy to configure, so it's easier to tweak around with HDT, T/BBP, ... If you want to have T/BBP with UNP, you'll basically need a new UNP body, that supports BBP.

For armors, you can say, that more or less any armor out there is comptaible with both bodies. Most modders directly build up their armors for both bodies, and if not, another person converts the armor.

Last, the skeleton. Take the latest XPMSE, and overwrite all other skeletons that might come with other mods. Also, the skeleton doesn't rely on the body you take. The body is a replacer for the look, and a base shape to build armors for. The skeleton is a base where modders can hang their animations upon.

Imagine a puppet hanging on their twines. The puppet is the body, the twines are the skeleton. Modders now either can change the puppet or they can move the twines.

But if now a specific modder adds a custom skeleton, so new twines, other modders won't know anymore, which twines to move for doing specific movements. So let XPMSE overwrite all other skeletons.

Thanks for the explanation, Mister X!

Another question occurred to me.  You mentioned Frostfall.  One of the devious devices mods can be "quite punitive" used in conjunction with Frostfall, per the mod page.  I'd be interested in trying Frostfall, but do you have an opinion on whether that makes the game extremely difficult when used in conjunction with Devious Devices?

I'd like to try both at once, but at the same time prefer not to "break" the game by making the difficulty near impossible.

You can tweak nearly anything. If you get Cursed Loot, you can set it to have a high chance for keys and a low one for devices. In Prison Overhaul you can say to give clothes and food to the prisoner. In DDi itself you can tell how often certain events like struggling should be fired or how restrctive the actual blindfold is.

So, sure Frostfall gives an additional touch of danger (finding some special loot in a dungeon and then try to get back to the nearest city in a blizzard xD), but I think that even if you can't tweak things to fit to Frostfall, there will be an addon to the mod, that maybe gives some warmth to the catsuit, or something like that.

OK folks,

Here is my mod list.  It's a little late right now for me to start playing, but are there any obvious problems with it? I haven't generated the necessary FNIS patch yet and have automatically ordered using Mod Organizer. 

It took me a while this evening to find and download all the files so I haven't added Frostfall yet.  Would I be able to add it to this game later if I felt so inclined, or would I be better off starting a new game for that? (I could always have a non-adult gritty type game with the melee damage ehancers, Frostfall, and realism type stuff as separate from the BDSM type game.)

Note that I decided to try Caliente's Beautiful Bodies, since I used UNP on my last game.  I'm playing a laptop so I don't have great graphics anyway.  I was originally going to play with the skinny bodies but reinstalled it to curvy since that is what Devious Devices - Assets is compatible with.

I do have a question about Bathing In Skryim 1.04 ( I note that it says that the vanilla installation requires no expansions and that the legendary version requires both Dawnguard and Dragonborn.  If I have only Dawnguard, would any problems or issues arise from a vanilla installation of Bathing In Skyrim? It was a recommended optional mod to go with Sanguine's Debauchery.

Skyrm.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm (bought it just so Sanguine's Debauchery could work!)

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

SexLab.esm

DeviousDevices - Assets.esm

SexLabAroused.esm (I think this is Sex Lab aroused redux...I have SexLab Aroused V 16 Loose checked on the left hand side.)

ZazAnimationPack.esm

DeviousDevices - Integration.esm

DeviousDevices - Expansion.esm

daymoyl.esm

SD cages.esm

SexLab submit.esm (Is this compatible with SexLab defeat?)

Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp

FNISSexyMove.esp

DeviouslyHelpless.esp

Devious Devies - For the Masses II.esp

SOS Vector Plexus Regular add on.esp

RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp

SOS - Vector Plexus Muscular Addon.esp

RaceMenu.esp

Apropos.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp (has a broom icon next to it)

RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp

RND-DawnguardPatch.esp

RND-AnimalLoot.esp

RND-USKP patch.esp

Schlongs of Skryim.esp

SOS - smurf average addon.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

SexLabWorkingGirl.esp

SlaveTats.esp

SkyUI.esp

TradeBarter.esp

hydra_slavegirls.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

Cloaks.esp (apparently another mod wanted this)

XazPrisonOverhaul.esp

DeviousDeviants.esp

DD FtM Cloaks Patch.esp

SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

SexLab_Dialogues.esp

SOS-shop.esp

daymoyl_Dawnguardaddon.esp

MilkModNEW.esp

SexLabDefeat.esp

mslDeviousCaptures.esp

dD-RealisticRagdolls.esp

dD-NoSpinningDeathAnimation.esp

seeing-yellow.esp (this is the beta where guards harass you for public urination)

This is the biggest list of mods I've tried yet, so I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, or obvious problems.  I haven't started the game yet so it's easy to add or remove something from the mod list.

Thanks so much!!!!

- Take Unofficial Dawnguard Patch, too

- Normally I would say, the addons/plugins/patches for specific mods should go after the relting mods. 

- - Eg I see RaceMenuXPMSEPlugin.esp above Racemenu.esp. This should be the other way round. Also for other mods.

Else I can't see anything really outdated or incompatible, but don't trust me alone xD.

And I don't know how far you really can go with immersion or survival plugins, so maybe first try out without Frostfall, then at one point make a backup save, install Frostfall and play a bit with it. If you find it too harsh you simply can uninstall it again and switch back to your backup.

Me, I also have two profiles within MO (sometimes 3, to test sth :D). One with the SexLab stuff and people beautifiers and one with more "serious" gameplay, where I went for immersion and environmental beautification.

Whoops! I'm sure I'm just having a brain fart right now, but for some reason FNIS doesn't seem to compile when I run it with this list of mods.  Looking at the error message, am I crazy or is the FNIS executable possibly looking in the wrong place for the files? (I am using Mod Organizer and running FNIS through mod organizer)

FNIS Behavior V5.2   3/1/2015 6:37:48 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton female: XPMS2 (115 bones)   male: XPMS2 (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading DeviousDevices V2.9.0 ...
Reading FNIS V5.2 ...
Reading FNISBase V5.2 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.1 ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V1.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 9 alternate animations) ...
Reading SexLab V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabDefeat V?.? ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.0.0  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
No GENDER directory Animations\male\
No GENDER directory Animations\female\

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'.

I'm sure there is an obvious thing I'm doing wrong...any tips?

Thanks so much!!

OK, I have checked my director looking to see why FNIS couldn't find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\canine\behaviors\dogbehavior.hkx'.

Apparently in my data folder, there is no \meshes\ folder.

Could this have to do with my using Mod Organizer? Do need to somehow manually specify a different directory, i.e. does this have to do with the MO virtual directories?  Likewise, I don't see a seperate directory for gender.

I would think that this means I have to install a creature pack or something, but I didn't seem to have this issue in the previous game I modded.  Perhaps  it is because I used UNPBB redux that included some gender animations.

When tackling this problem, I'm not totally sure where to start.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :)

I'm confused though because I did install FNIS Sexy Move, which I thought would have gender.

Archived