Nifmerge not working? Need help.

ivanov13

I'm trying to make a standalone follower mod, but cannot seem to make the nifmerge work properly. I give my Follower the right eye and hair, export the face, merge it with Nifmerge according to this tutorial -> http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Using_a_face_made_with_Chargen_Extension_on_an_NPC_for_Skyrim

However, when i test it in game, its as if nothing happened. The NPC's face remains unchanged, with the same hair and eyes as it previously had (the one it shows in CK), but its facegen mesh appears to have the right shape and hair. Can anyone please help me fix this?

Thanks in advance ^^

Are you making the changes and testing in a save already with the follower?

Save games store NPC information, so the only way to check if the changes take effect is to use a save without the npc (uncheck the mod on load order, load game, play for a couple of minutes, save game, check mod on load order, test - or start a new game).

Good luck!

It seems that after playing the edited mod once, everything resets back to pre-merger state. The facegen nif still shows everything with the proper changes but in the CK the NPC's appearance has reverted to its former state.

I tried re-making the mod from scratch, and still hit the same problem :C

Also all tests were run after clean saving the game.

Let's take a step back. Probably something is missing in the process, or you are duplicating the esp or using the wrong one.

1 - When you merge the esp files, you created a new .esp file, didn't overwrite any of the original ones, right?

2 - Next, you have load this new esp in the CK and exported the facegen, checking in the facegen data folder if a new folder with the new esp name was created and if the nif inside looks like the NPC.

3 - Then you disabled the original esp's in the load order and enable the merged esp.

This is correct?

I didn't touch any esp aside from creating a new one. Here are the steps i took to create this mod:

1 - Duplicate random NPC and create follower using Highelfrace

2 - Duplicate mod hair into follower mod

3 - Export head

4 - merge everything with selected nif

5 - new head looks exactly like the source (the one exported from racemenu)

6 - Still looks wrong in game and in CK (These two usually match)

Archived