Any plans to resurrect Animal Mansion?

halieslade

Sky_mds, author of "Animal Mansion" has abandoned his mod due to RL taking over.  http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1106-the-animal-mansion/

He's released the scripts and source code for general use, which made me wonder: 

There are plenty of bestiality mods now, but other than Laurall's "Bestial Essence", I don't care for most of them due to unfinished quests or bugs (both insects and mod bugs).  And using PuppetMaster, one can still run around randomly banging wolves, bears, sabrecats, horses, etc.  But without a quest structure it's just random banging without any purpose.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that :)  ).

I love Laurall's work and highly recommend that mod to anyone who dabbles in the world of beast sex.  It's a lot more than just a string of sex acts.  It has mystery and magic and intrigue.   http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1361-bestial-essence-2015-02-23/

So my question is whether there's any interest from the resident modders or from the players here for a redone Animal Mansion, perhaps with a more extensive quest line and more involved relationship complications? 

My apologies if this thread's already been done.  I haven't seen it.

I hope to use a part of it for my next mod.

I like animal mansion mod, but I don't know if I'm skilled enough to continue the development of this project... for now, i don't understand how to use global variables. Or this mod is full of it.

Experimented modders like Veladarius or AqqH coulb be better. But they have their own projects.

A lot of people are discussing this already in the http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32285-the-animal-mansion/ thread. I beleive that when the time comes someone who is a fan of the mod who has the time and knowledge will pick it up/extend it/alter it in due course. We have to give it time as it's only recent that the modder gave up his work for someone to take over.

Thank  you, Rydin.  I posted in that just now.  I hadn't thought to look in the Framework section.

Considering you decided to "abandon" your own Bestial Essence (as in "no further public releases"), that was not really funny. :P

Bestial Essence and Animal Mansion are two of the more interesting animal/creature/beast mods due to them actually having a story-/questline. And both of them have been left unattended now. Which is a sad thing, really. At least ot those who can appreciate their bestiality being part of an actual quest series instead of just random banging. ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that at some point, somebody with the know-how either picks AM up or starts their own mod along these lines.

Untamed has really taken over the bestiality scene recently. It doesn't exactly have a quest per say, but there is a point to "banging" the animals. For every animal your character bangs your character's unarmored rating and magical resistance goes up and you can even unlocked new powers and abilities. Plus the animals become part of your "pack" and actually travel around with your character as followers of a sort.

Considering you decided to "abandon" your own Bestial Essence (as in "no further public releases"), that was not really funny. :P

Bestial Essence and Animal Mansion are two of the more interesting animal/creature/beast mods due to them actually having a story-/questline. And both of them have been left unattended now. Which is a sad thing, really. At least ot those who can appreciate their bestiality being part of an actual quest series instead of just random banging. ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that at some point, somebody with the know-how either picks AM up or starts their own mod along these lines.

You echo my wishes as well.  I realize that animated bestiality is a very small player niche, but it saddens me when 2 of my favorite beast sex mods are abandoned by their authors.

My experience with scripting and modding is quite limited - I did a bit of modding in Morrowind, very little in Oblivion and haven't attempted any in Skyrim.  I used to do some C++ and SQL coding but I'm unsure whether that will help me at all.   I just this week got my load order to work, so I'm reluctant to strike out on a new project.

That said, I have an abundance of ideas for a future beast mod.  It will take a lot of time, dedication and asking questions to figure out how to implement those ideas, though.  Then after it's roughed in, there's all the testing.  In my experience, testing is fun the first few tries but after a week of unsuccessfully banging your head against a bug, it gets extremely tedious.

Not sure where I'm going with that -- I just want more interesting beast mods for SexLab.  We can never have enough, IMO.

Archived