Starter Mods for LL and Skyrim

zeg

Thanks for the time... I have been playing Skyrim for awhile and always thought it immersion breaking and lacking that I could not utilize my characters "assets" to "persuade" my way out of various scenarios... or heck.. sometimes killing dragons works up a "need" you just want satisfy... or to thank Toccata for her help...

Looking for some armors and skin textures brought me to LL, so thought I would ask a couple questions in general for some input prior to installing stuff on my STEP setup.

I want to be able to play my char through Skyrim and enjoy some of the benefits of being the Dov... in whatever form that takes. Nothing crazy. I would like the ability to have followers with benefits, and make a productive pass at a guard/shopkeeper/random NPC/follower in the hottub... if I want to. Or sell out to make coin if needed.

I have DL'ed : Sexlab framework, armorous adventures, and working girl. I also got SL sound FX replacer 1.7.1 (not sure about this one)

Q1: will this setup provide the basic menu driven interactions with choices for positions in addition to the odd romance options?

Q2: regards male textures... do I need to have the erect versions of male meshes installed or will the framework provide the erection when interactions are initiated? (reason is.. dead guys with erections are immersion breaking... I currently have flaccid Sundracon installed)

Q3: some of my gals want toys for those boring dungeon moments... recommendations?

Q4: what kind of game stability/instability should I be prepared to deal with?

Thanks for the advice. Zeg

1) This setup will provide you with the basic amount of animations and the ability to start them ingame. But as always, there is so much more to download here ...

2) As you said, the normal bodies are immersion breaking, so for males there are either SAM or SOS.

For females there are those many out there, but the two biggest are CBBE and UNP. For the question of qhich one to use, Jexsam gave a nice explanation:

Rather than one king and a united land, we have two distinct regions on the Body Mod Landscape.

The Land of CBBE is a single democratic place with unparalleled freedom to be what you make of it, but suffers from a poor foundation. All are united under one banner, and where the extra work is done, anything produced in this land can fit any shape your taste takes you there. Lower quality of life, but much more free.

The Federation of UNP is a loosely unified group of many small self-governing city-states and a couple of larger countries unified under a common banner that share some basic resources freely but require one to ultimately declare an allegiance to one or another. Higher quality of life is to be found here, but at the cost of some choice.

If you also want creature addons, try More Nasty Critters

3) Devious Skyrim, I don't know if there are less ...erm, captious alternatives.

4) Normally, you are quite safe if you check the latest updates of the files. By rule of thumb you can say, if a bigger file (like the SexLab or DD frameworks) is older than a year, you should be careful or look, if there are more up-to-date alternatives. For smaller mods after six months.

Instability can occur, if you have incompatible mods. Eg SexLab Prison Overhaul is incompatible with Open Cities of Skyrim, so if you come near a big city, you'll probably CTD when you have installed both.

Other things you can't avoid by yourself, eg instabilites in scripts written by the modders. The only thing you should do sometimes, is cleaning your savegame from orphaned scripts, they can cause instabilities, too. The problem there is, that scripts stay in a savefile, even if the mod that created them was uninstalled.

And as always: Double check your requirements! There is nothing, that causes more instability and CTDs than a forgotten required mod!

Thanks for the time... I have been playing Skyrim for awhile and always thought it immersion breaking and lacking that I could not utilize my characters "assets" to "persuade" my way out of various scenarios... or heck.. sometimes killing dragons works up a "need" you just want satisfy... or to thank Toccata for her help...

Looking for some armors and skin textures brought me to LL, so thought I would ask a couple questions in general for some input prior to installing stuff on my STEP setup.

I want to be able to play my char through Skyrim and enjoy some of the benefits of being the Dov... in whatever form that takes. Nothing crazy. I would like the ability to have followers with benefits, and make a productive pass at a guard/shopkeeper/random NPC/follower in the hottub... if I want to. Or sell out to make coin if needed.

I have DL'ed : Sexlab framework, armorous adventures, and working girl. I also got SL sound FX replacer 1.7.1 (not sure about this one)

Q1: will this setup provide the basic menu driven interactions with choices for positions in addition to the odd romance options?

Q2: regards male textures... do I need to have the erect versions of male meshes installed or will the framework provide the erection when interactions are initiated? (reason is.. dead guys with erections are immersion breaking... I currently have flaccid Sundracon installed)

Q3: some of my gals want toys for those boring dungeon moments... recommendations?

Q4: what kind of game stability/instability should I be prepared to deal with?

Thanks for the advice. Zeg

1) Solutions offers sex solutions to some quests in game. Amorous Adventures adds romance options to some NPC's in the game and is fully voiced. There is I am sure some others.

2) SoS has flacid except when the male is naked and aroused. Plus it is the default body used by sexlab for alignment purposes.

3) Not sure what you mean. Toys as in sex toys?

4) Same as with a modded game of skyrim with out sex mods. The mods on LL are just as stable as most mods, there is a few there are not as stable, most of those are either alpha/beta mods or outdated mods.

Thanks for the replies... appears I may need to make a couple adjustments. Female mesh..., I am changing up from UNP standard to the UNPB w bounce... has sliders so I can scale down the sizes but maintain motion.

Thanks for the tips on creation dates for mods... I am carefully reading the requirements.

Second round of questions:

Q1: Do I understand correctly that SOS is the male body replacer + erection generator, and i don't need Better males with the Sundracon or FavoredSoul Mesh?

Q2: Additionally, arousal on NPC is triggered by a spell?

Q3: And yes... some lore quality strap ons for the gals to play with would be good.. I think the Devious Skyrim may be a bit overkill but I will check it out.

Oh... found the plugins directory... plugins... lol... whole new meaning on this forum...

1) Yeah, SOS is a whole male body replacer, that supports erection control by other mods and doesn't need or even support (afaik) other body replacers. There are some texture replacers though, you just have to check that you catch the one for SOS.

2) Arousal (as in Sexlab Aroused (Redux)) is not really a spell but a global variable that gets set and saved by a script. But to define that arousal level, those two mods have two methods: Sexlab Aroused does use a cloak spell to detect nearby NPCs. The Redux version sends timed requests into the world (like a sonar every few seconds). The first method is way more heavy load, but the second maybe can miss NPCs (if you have a too low frequency, but 1 min is the preset, I have 30 secs)

3) If you only want strapons, I normally first would try a mod, that is named like what I search: Skyrim Strap Ons  :angel:

Thanks for the replies... appears I may need to make a couple adjustments. Female mesh..., I am changing up from UNP standard to the UNPB w bounce... has sliders so I can scale down the sizes but maintain motion.

Thanks for the tips on creation dates for mods... I am carefully reading the requirements.

Second round of questions:

Q1: Do I understand correctly that SOS is the male body replacer + erection generator, and i don't need Better males with the Sundracon or FavoredSoul Mesh?

Q2: Additionally, arousal on NPC is triggered by a spell?

Q3: And yes... some lore quality strap ons for the gals to play with would be good.. I think the Devious Skyrim may be a bit overkill but I will check it out.

Oh... found the plugins directory... plugins... lol... whole new meaning on this forum...

There is also UNP bodies with bounce support BBP bodies, so don't feel like you have to use UNPB just to get the bounce, If you want to use it great. Only pointing out there is options.

1) Correct SoS is a complete body replacer and it has controls for flaccid and erect penis. So it is all you need for male characters.

2) No you can also use the arousal mod and use the MCM menu to to adjust their arousal. Assuming you mean the arousal rating and are not talking about a erection.

3) Yes there is some it is linked in one of the threads for mods to use with Sexlab. It is called something strapons or strapon somethings forget the exact name.

Back for the weekend... busy week, not much time to follow up on mods...

THANKS for the suggestions and advice! I am about complete with my third pass at the STEP SRLE setup, and man, does it look beautiful. Now I am at the "add in my choice armors, house, and LL stuffs..." 

Here is what I have picked out from the plugin directory... anyone kind enough with LL mod experience that can give me a double check for any potential train wrecks prior to me moving forward with installing.... I would appreciate it.

SOS for males, UNPB for females; texture/body

SL Framework

SL Aroused

SL Amorous Adventrues + SL Working Girl (for quest/immersion)

Skyrim Strapons for UNP/UNPB

SkyUI show armor slots (to deconflict the odd armors/custom items)

SL HDT high heels (some of the the custom armors I use have heels)

NOble bed collision fix

doa Pole dance

Sound files replacers? I have SL Sound FX replacer... but am not sure whether I need it installed.

Is there anything I am missing or something that would add significantly to the immersion of this element of Skyrim playthoughs? Thanks much!

Well, Skrim is harsh place and all those bandits out there, would they possibly do to you if they would defeat you in battle?

And btw, maybe take Aroused redux instead of aroused, it's way friendlier to your PC memory.

The modder of working girl stopped his work on the mod, so there probably won't be any bugfixes or enhancements anymore. Still, it's a great mod, and if you wan't to let your followers work for you, it's ATM the only mod available.

Me, I use the plugin of Cursed Loot, I like the possibility that customers can add some devices for special fun.

If you have creature animations or just want to add some additionals to them, too, take MNC for male creatures and BSC for female ones.

I hope you already have installed the normal HDT PE, you need it for the Highheel system and any jiggle you might install.

Never heard of pole dance, so I can't give suggestion to that.

So, for me, as one who makes Skyrim a harsh place for any female being, I have installed these (amongst others):

For SexLab: ZAP, Non SL Animations, Aroused redux, ScocLB, Solutions, Prison Overhaul, Sex Slaves, Milk Economy, Hydra Slavegirls, Slut Shout, Defeat, Estrus Chaurus, Alicia

For Devious Framework: Assets, Integration, Expansion, Aradia, For the Masses, Helpless, Devious Quest, Cursed Loot, Captured Dreams, SD+

Have fun ;)

Is there anything I am missing or something that would add significantly to the immersion of this element of Skyrim playthoughs? Thanks much!

It would be easier to ask what else interest you, Mister X above had some suggestions. I recommend Defeat as well for something to happen instead of death always when you lose combat. Also i agree use Arousal Redux.

As far as what else, well it depends. There is some prostitution mods, slavery mods, creatures/animal mods, plus some mods like Arachnid something to make spiders more interesting by webbing you up.

Personally I am a big fan of Solutions mod as well, which adds sex into the quests of skyrim, some is consensual, some forced, some reward or bribe etc.

Thanks again very much for the suggestions and mod comparisons!

I will pick up arousal redux in place of the original.

Per my original post.. I like playing a rouge-ish type character who will use a quick blade or curvy body to get the job done if thats what works and it suits her attitude at the time. Not going the marriage route... more like Laurell Hamilton's "pack" in Anita Blake Vampire Hunter novels. I am not really into the defeat mods as that dictates how I am able to play the game. I play in a family area, so can't have mods that "take over my character and demand certain scenes"... I need to have the option to pursue the "adult" paths or choose the family friendly ones, depending.

The "Solutions" mod caught my eye... have to check into it. Seems like there was some discussion on this in the forum, as well as a courtesan type whoring mod.

I have not heard any feedback on sound replacers... I take it the SexLab defaults are good.

Many thanks for the tips, and any others are welcome.

Deadly drain... I like it. Option to kill or not... its pushing the limit of where I want to go with my character... who knows, she may pick up a carnal trick or two from observing/fighting vampires... (looks like ningheim preset 4 on one of those characters)

Thanks for voice files recommendations. DL both now.

And... meant to link this previously.. I am looking at a couple dance animations. Whats a great guild hangout without some song and dance. Linked below is the pole dance one I was talking about. Going to see if I can incorporate a some dwemer architecture into my home/hot tub area (poles) so it does not look to out of place.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24722-sexiest-dance-mods-list-stripper-dance-etc/page-3

Well, since this is basically my question thread... tried digging through some of the SOS threads... but 150 pages... too long... and lots of changes...

Q: I am playing the Ningheim race... female main... will I have any issues with SOS?

Q2: if I add Ningheim Followers (race presets turned into a follower band ....) or other followers like Vath Firehall or Darrow Greylock, will they be able to "do the deed"?

As always, many thanks!

The topic asked about both Skyrim and LL, so I  hope that my reply is withing your request.

I spend some time reading Steam Skyrim forums, because it is quite a busy place. Guys there are busy fixing other peoples games and writing tutorials. One of these posts is not some supreme technical know-how tutorial, but just a small collection of mods, aimed to make the gameplay relatively free from bugs.

If you are installing STEP, then you may already have some of these. You might still wish to check Bug Fixes and read trough Recommended Adjustments. I did not find all of these things from STEP. They are all opened further below in the post.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/34094415774892758/

• 2 weeks later...

Well, have to say this setup is working outstanding!

Aroused Redux, Solutions, Working Girl, and AmorAdventures... My character is getting in fights, fricaseed at the pubs and philandering all across Skyrim. What's not to like!

I have to say some of the lines from Lydia thus far are outstanding!

Archived