Skyrim vs Fallout NV

AnubiSs2167

Hey guys, im recently thinking of trying out fallout nv with sex mods in mind. I spent alot of time playing and moding skyrim and i know it will take alot of effort for me to learn how to properly mod Fallout. Im scared that after weeks of work all i will get is disapoinment of the game not being nearly as good as skyrim in terms of sex content.

So heres my question:

How does Fallout compares to Skyrim these days?

- Number of animation avalible

- Functions in frameworks (sexout vs sexlab)

- Quality of animations

- Quality and diversity of bodymods

-Graphic quality , ENB, texture replacments

etc etc

Would love to hear from people who played both games moded. I ofc don't expect fallout to look as good as skyrim, I understand its an older game. But as such it had more time to grow when it comes to mods.

Please leave your opnions :)

I just started modding Fallout NV and Fallout 3.  I haven't added any sex mods yet so I can't comment on that.  I have added an ENB, some immersive mods and some graphic enhancements.  The environments actually look quite good.  For me the biggest let down so far is the character creation and animation.  They look bad and move bad compared to Skyrim.  Mods help somewhat but it's the biggest drawback in my opinion.

Fallout NV is just never going to look as good as Skyrim. The world itself can be made to look very nice, and even characters can be improved from the monstrosities provided in the base game, but the animations are terrible for anything beyond standing and firing a gun. The 3rd-person running looks terrible, for example, and doesn't react to strafing movements very well.

The sex animations are good for what the game can do, but I've always found them a bit unsatisfying, mostly because by the time I added sexy mods to Fallout, I'd already been playing Skyrim and they just aren't as good. There's no good way to adjust characters, the animations tend to be really fast, and there's only one animation 'stage' in a scene (so you can't have a stage where the gal is stroking a guy's penis, then taking him into her mouth... it's one or the other).

But there are still some really awesome and creative things done in FONV mods, so it's definitely worth a go. 

BIS for FNV animations - http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/499-wip-sexoutng-new-animations/

The main problem with FNV sex mods is the fact that 90% of them got outdated when the framework got upgraded. Only about 20% of them have been updated making installing mods for sexout a land mine.

Along with there is a lot of requirements for them which puts off a lot of the newer modders since they end up spending hours installing mods just to get in game and notice a missing texture since they forgot to install mod 27 out of 146...

Modding skyrim is just easier since most modders are here on LL and loose with the permissions. If they quit modding they just toss it to the community and some picks it up.

I started modding FNV pretty early on and the main thing I noticed holding it back was a lack of variety. With skyrim regardless of your fetish there is a mod for it. Hell I even saw a vore mod a while back. FNV doesn't have that diversity since most of the people that actually modded for it didn't have those interests. With Skyrim it feels like everyone mods or at least gives an idea to a modder. Oblivion was similar though restricted by the engine like FNV. So yeah FNV seems pretty bland animation wise.

BIS for FNV animations - http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/499-wip-sexoutng-new-animations/

The main problem with FNV sex mods is the fact that 90% of them got outdated when the framework got upgraded. Only about 20% of them have been updated making installing mods for sexout a land mine.

Along with there is a lot of requirements for them which puts off a lot of the newer modders since they end up spending hours installing mods just to get in game and notice a missing texture since they forgot to install mod 27 out of 146...

Modding skyrim is just easier since most modders are here on LL and loose with the permissions. If they quit modding they just toss it to the community and some picks it up.

I started modding FNV pretty early on and the main thing I noticed holding it back was a lack of variety. With skyrim regardless of your fetish there is a mod for it. Hell I even saw a vore mod a while back. FNV doesn't have that diversity since most of the people that actually modded for it didn't have those interests. With Skyrim it feels like everyone mods or at least gives an idea to a modder. Oblivion was similar though restricted by the engine like FNV. So yeah FNV seems pretty bland animation wise.

As someone who also has never tried any mods other than body mods and clothing for Fallout - is there is a list of essential mods that still work?

I have modded both Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas. I enjoy playing both games and each of them carries uniqueness and atmosphere. Skyrim's sexual mods will most definitely have more variety and better animations than Fallout but Fallout to me has more immersion in theirs due to the atmosphere and lore of the game. If you can play both you cannot go wrong. When I get bored of Skyrim I switch to the Fallout universe because you do a complete 180 in my eyes. You go from bows and swords to guns and explosives. If you pick the right ENB's and texture overhauls for Fallout it can look just about on par with Vanilla Skyrim. That is impressive given the game is starting to show age.

As someone who also has never tried any mods other than body mods and clothing for Fallout - is there is a list of essential mods that still work?

Nope. One guy was keeping up with it but gave up do to the before mentioned reasons. Now you pretty much go to downloads and click 'most recent' and check what version the mod you want is compatible with. If it's version of SexoutNG is 10 versions old you probably don't want it in your game. If it's compatible with the current version or one behind then you're in luck.

Pretty the same as Skyrim's Sexlab.

Currently, Amra72 is providing the sorely lacking and very HOT animations for FO:NV which is utilised quite readily by SexOut Soliciting. As you can guess, it is a prostitution mod.

Where I believe FO:NV departs quite radically from Skyrim is one particularly unique mod called SexOut Dynamic Relationship Layer, a much more immersive addition to the game allowing for NPCs that barely live up to their descriptor to become relatively demanding, receptive and varied to player interaction every time you start a new game.

The only dis-advantage for some is what t3589 calls an Anti-Poser mod, and requires more effort and roleplaying in developing relationships then running up to the NPC and demanding Sex. The mod itself is in its early stages and provides quite a welcome distraction to the lifeless interaction of most Bethesda games.

I would say that FNV with some mods (Project Nevada etc) is the better Action RPG by several classes, but if you're looking for a seamless sex mod implementation like "SexLab Amorous Adventures" you're not gonna find that. And with "seamless" i mean that it feels like it's part of the base game.

Also the technical aspects are NOT in favor of Fallout.

All this said, I cannot WAIT for Fallout 4. Not only should the game look superior to Skyrim out of the box, but I can only imagine that the LL mods for it are going to be mind-blowing.

I do have high hopes for it as well. As a setting, Fallout is simply superior when it comes to introducing sex-related content compared to TES, which has it's dark places, but you're rarely expected to interact with them in any way other than with sword and destruction magic, whereas Fallout regularly makes you interact with extremely shady types in all capacities, usually even letting you join them.

Not to mention, stuff like Devious Devices should be much more believable in a world that used to be much more advanced than our contemporary Earth - and the possibilities introduced by A.I. and electricity are nothing to balk at either ;)

I also agree to what Ashra XIII said. While i really enjoyed FA NV i haven't returned to it since a year, despite occasionally thinking to give it a new try. But Skyrim is just better currently in nearly any aspect.

I'm also looking forward to Fallout 4 though, the anarchic futuristic world ist just great. I enjoy the gunslinging more than fighting with medieval weapons.

All this said, I cannot WAIT for Fallout 4. Not only should the game look superior to Skyrim out of the box, but I can only imagine that the LL mods for it are going to be mind-blowing.

I do have high hopes for it as well. As a setting, Fallout is simply superior when it comes to introducing sex-related content compared to TES, which has it's dark places, but you're rarely expected to interact with them in any way other than with sword and destruction magic, whereas Fallout regularly makes you interact with extremely shady types in all capacities, usually even letting you join them.

Not to mention, stuff like Devious Devices should be much more believable in a world that used to be much more advanced than our contemporary Earth - and the possibilities introduced by A.I. and electricity are nothing to balk at either ;)

I, for one, can't wait for my FISTO fantasies to come true! :blush:

And I have to echo the earlier praise for MSex Veronica. I play Skyrim far more than FONV, but I adore that mod.

I don't know. It feels like having shady sex content in Fallout is too "easy".

I mean the content fit, if you tell me there are rape/slavery/prostitution going on in the wasteland I will say of course there is!

In some cases it seems to desensitize the impact of these kind of mods.

I'll still play them tho :P

Archived