LL's take on Skyrim's campaign

I always felt there was more potential for "death alternative" sort of quests.

So sometimes you're captured by the Thalmor, sometimes Charus or vampires.

But what if LL had its own take on this? A larger one?

I think we could make a whole campaign out of it.

Let's say, despite a dragon attacking helgen, you're simply not the dragonborn. You're just an innocent passerby who was caught up in an imperial raid. When the dragon attacks, you're knocked out cold, and your quest begins from there.

I mean, you COULD be the dragonborn, but I think it would be interesting if LL just produced a whole new storyline that's just as long as the main Skyrim storyline is. You'd only be able to start this from a completely new save so that everyone would start anew into this campaign- something larger than a small side-quest like The sands of elsweyr.

This would be LL's very own campaign.

This seems like a rather popular idea, here's my attempt at a storyline.

What do you think?

Well, of course....... there's thousands of ways you can start... so this is just one suggestion.

The precedent: The main Skyrim storyline is disabled. You could simply finish the whole storyline first, then just patched up a few old things, or just have started fresh, with no main storyline at all, or something in-between.

I'm also not sure if I want to take an adult or non-adult approach to this, but I'll see about that.

But here's my storyline. You start anew.

You're travelling by carriage into Skyrim from Cyrodiil. You're his only passenger on this long trip.

You've just woken up, and after a little, the driver notices that you're awake. and greets you.

You're almost to Falkreath, which is where you are headed.

A little later along the road, driver suddenly stops the carriage, when he sees a few bandits down the road.

Here's your dilemma... You came to Skyrim in search of a better life; you've brought everything valuable you ever owned along with you on this trip- as like an immigrant, you seek a better life in Skyrim. There's a few items that are simply impossible to carry off the cart so you can't just abandon it cart and run off.

The driver doesn't want to lose his cart either, so after thinking for a moment, he gives you a plan.

If the bandits see your carriage and come over, you will have to run into Falkreath, which isn't too far from here. The driver will just try to slow the bandits down as best as he can.

Your driver is about to try and back up the cart, but the bandits (who are rather high leveled) spot the two of you and quickly start running towards your carriage.

You've got to try and get off of the carriage right now and run into Falkreath for help.

Regardless of when you get off of the carriage, the bandits quickly surround the carriage and demand ransom from the driver.

If you're too slow, or just decide to stay in the carriage,the bandits eventually kill you and the driver. If you try to fight the bandits... they'll kill you instantly.

However you do it, whether you are running for your life from bandits behind you, or if you snuck your way past them all, the Falkreath guards are more than happy to help deal with a bandit problem.

When you soon return, your driver is tied up, some of the bandits run off at the sight of half the Falkreath guards coming, and the rest of the bandits who stay are killed.

After freeing up the driver, he tells you that the Bandits made off with a few of your small things. When you check, you notice you lost an important family heirloom.

On the dead bandits are notes, like clues, giving pieces of information as to who, and where the rest of the bandits are. (This will foreshadow your later quest to retrieve some of your items)

. . . . . .

Now, slightly poorer, you make your way with the guard to Falkreath.

The guards in Falkreath are kind- but not kind enough to let you stay anywhere for free, even in the jails.

Your first night in Skyrim is without a place to stay, and you sleep under the stars.

Tomorrow is your first day in the new land of Skyrim. The land of opportunity? Maybe. But for the moment, you're hungry, and looking for work.

Whether it be a LL story-mod or not, I think it'd be hilarious if someone made a quest mod that replaced the main storyline with one wherein the PC was not the Dragonborn, but got caught up in the madness anyways, maybe to the point of defeating Alduin without having ever learned a Dragon shout (because you can't).

Obviously LL sexy-mods would only make this better. ^_^

Nobody wants to play a nobody, because we all live the lives of nobodies. Being the hero is the catch about games like Skyrim. Being something else than what we are in reality is what driving us. Meaning in short: why the effort? What would be the basic idea that lets people play this new story.

There already are mods that let you play Skyrim without the boundaries of the Dragonborn. But due to that, certain content will remain unavailable.... hm... very difficult. Finding a story for not being the hero... in a video game... only be Number 2... sorry, no idea. One could go for the ultimate catharsis by reducing the player to a water carrier that finally becomes the hero to save the world (King Arthur)... that might work. But it's very old-fashioned.

So sometimes you're captured by the Thalmor, sometimes the charus or vampires.

But what if LL had its own take on this?

Let's say, despite a dragon attacking helgen, you're simply not the dragonborn. You're just an innocent passerby who was caught up in an imperial raid. When the dragon attacks, you're knocked out cold, and your quest begins from there.

I mean, you COULD be the dragonborn, but I think it would be interesting if LL just offered a whole new storyline that's just as long as the main Skyrim storyline is. You'd only be able to start  this from a completely new save, so everyone would start anew into a huge, fresh campaign- something larger than a side-quest like The sands of elsweyr.

You can do this already by using one of the alternative start mods (imo immerslave is the best) and just not progressing the main story line, yes you'll occasionally get called the dragonborn by an NPC or two but if you don't do the whiterun mages quest dragons etc never appear

Calling this a daunting task, I think, would be an understatement.

This, in my opinion, is the pie in the sky, the white whale of TES adult/sex modding.

There exist quite a handful of well made adult mods with their own quirks, but chaining them all together and then somehow rewrite a central plot around them...I can't even begin the imagine.

Calling this a daunting task, I think, would be an understatement.

This, in my opinion, is the pie in the sky, the white whale of TES adult/sex modding.

There exist quite a handful of well made adult mods with their own quirks, but chaining them all together and then somehow rewrite a central plot around them...I can't even begin the imagine.

I TOTALLY REALIZE THAT

But it's possible to work on it little by little, one quest after another slowly, slowly.

Right?

I admit, I have something around negative ten modding experience, probably.

So sometimes you're captured by the Thalmor, sometimes the charus or vampires.

But what if LL had its own take on this?

I mean, you COULD be the dragonborn, but I think it would be interesting if LL just offered a whole new storyline that's just as long as the main Skyrim storyline is. You'd only be able to start  this from a completely new save, so everyone would start anew into a huge, fresh campaign- something larger than a side-quest like The sands of elsweyr.

You can do this already by using one of the alternative start mods (imo immerslave is the best) and just not progressing the main story line, yes you'll occasionally get called the dragonborn by an NPC or two but if you don't do the whiterun mages quest dragons etc never appear

Couple Live Another Life with SexLab Solutions (including the LAL patch), and that's what you've got.

Right now, I'm using LAL, SexLab Solutions, and Sexlab Submit as a death alternative (well, it's actually Devious Devices + Submit) to completely avoid the main quest and use my wiles (see: sexiness) to solve problems rather than brawn.

Finding a story for not being the hero... in a video game... only be Number 2... sorry, no idea.

This is exactly what happens in Oblivion :)

You got a point there. If you look at it from a distance, the hero is just by lucky chance in the right place, at the right time. But if you've played Morrowind (my first TES title), you know that being in prison is always the first step in becoming the hero. And in Oblivion you are hardly to be considered as Number 2. Yes, the hero is not the king, nor of special remembrance by his live so far. But the hero does all the work, therefor must be chosen by the Gods. Since what she / he does is to be considered impossible.

A real Number 2 would be something like Cmdr. Riker for Cpt. Picard - the captain is smarter, wiser and more charming. Okay, so is Data. And Worf. And Wesley Crusher. Hm. You see, that's what I was trying to point at. Nobody likes to be of little importance. And it is very much more difficult to create a role for someone being Number 2 and keep the story exciting.

But that's just splitting hairs. Thanks very much for your feedback :)

I don't know, I must not be so invested in heroic fantasy.  The idea of some tenacious farmer getting in a lucky shot that kills the big bad guy is hilarious to me.  Kind of like how in that Robin Hood movie the cook grabs a crossbow and whacks the king totally by accident.

Nobody wants to play a nobody, because we all live the lives of nobodies. Being the hero is the catch about games like Skyrim. Being something else than what we are in reality is what driving us. Meaning in short: why the effort? What would be the basic idea that lets people play this new story.

There already are mods that let you play Skyrim without the boundaries of the Dragonborn. But due to that, certain content will remain unavailable.... hm... very difficult. Finding a story for not being the hero... in a video game... only be Number 2... sorry, no idea. One could go for the ultimate catharsis by reducing the player to a water carrier that finally becomes the hero to save the world (King Arthur)... that might work. But it's very old-fashioned.

Thats not true, I mean I loath playing as the uber hero in games. I prefer to use alternative start and pretend my character is just a above average person living in Skyrim. Only saying some of us have no desire to be the hero always, sometimes it is fun to be the regular guy/girl facing near impossible things.

Couple Live Another Life with SexLab Solutions (including the LAL patch), and that's what you've got.

Right now, I'm using LAL, SexLab Solutions, and Sexlab Submit as a death alternative (well, it's actually Devious Devices + Submit) to completely avoid the main quest and use my wiles (see: sexiness) to solve problems rather than brawn.

That's how I play too, but the problem is sort of what's the point of it all? There's no main quest then there's really no real progress to be made, I can only roam around the world of Skyrim THAT many times before I have seen it all. Side quests are ok, but they will remain as the non-focus, off center content of the game, and still leave a little more to be desire even after Solution works its magic.

On the topic of playing the hero, in an adult mod I usually prefer the PC to be not the uber hero, but more of a passerby. I mean there could be cases or relevant content to be made for an uber hero but that usually takes build up and an upfront investment to be execute well.

The nature of the hero in Skyrim as oppose to Oblivion is that the hero in Oblivion was still just a standard mortal acting as the right hand man of Martin, there's also a sort of progression of fame prisoner > hero of kvatch > Champion.

Skyrim sort of just dump the title of Dragonborn onto the PC since the first quest pretty much, someone that is sort of mystical in nature. I mean still mortal by all right, but they made it clear from the very beginning that the PC is different.

Through the use of mods, I have been trying to make my Skyrim into a really low fantasy, dark, gritty setting.
And I think it would be really cool if you could play the game not as dragonborn, but a follower of the dragonborn. 

I'm basically picturing a superpowered NPC doing all the main-quests, and you having the chance of joining him.

That's how I play too, but the problem is sort of what's the point of it all? There's no main quest then there's really no real progress to be made, I can only roam around the world of Skyrim THAT many times before I have seen it all. Side quests are ok, but they will remain as the non-focus, off center content of the game, and still leave a little more to be desire even after Solution works its magic.

I've already played the main quest on another character, so maybe that's why it's okay for me? I don't really want to play the MQ again right now, so I look at other questlines. I tend to have a particular roleplay in mind, which involves one of the factions or guilds that I haven't tried yet. In that way, they're still adventures - they involve questlines, interacting with an area, etc. Just maybe not to the massive scale of the MQ. But they do leave room for things to be more personal. For instance, as the Dragonborn, the fate of the Thieves Guild might not seem that pressing. But if you are a normal person, living off of the Guild, then it's pretty important that it starts to turn around and prosper. But maybe that's just me? *shrug*

I've already played the main quest on another character, so maybe that's why it's okay for me? I don't really want to play the MQ again right now, so I look at other questlines. I tend to have a particular roleplay in mind, which involves one of the factions or guilds that I haven't tried yet. In that way, they're still adventures - they involve questlines, interacting with an area, etc. Just maybe not to the massive scale of the MQ. But they do leave room for things to be more personal. For instance, as the Dragonborn, the fate of the Thieves Guild might not seem that pressing. But if you are a normal person, living off of the Guild, then it's pretty important that it starts to turn around and prosper. But maybe that's just me? *shrug*

Nope I do pretty much the same thing. I only do the mages guild if I am playing a mage and then I don't do the theives, assassins or companions then for example. Personally I always felt the main quest was the weakest part of Skyrim. Maybe it is just me, but I didn't find it that interesting nor was I enthralled with being the dragonborn. I did the main quest once and have no desire to ever do it again. I might when the main quest is fully fleshed out with Solutions but that would be the only time.

I found the side quests and guild quests to be a lot better done and interesting IMHO.

Nope I do pretty much the same thing. I only do the mages guild if I am playing a mage and then I don't do the theives, assassins or companions then for example. Personally I always felt the main quest was the weakest part of Skyrim. Maybe it is just me, but I didn't find it that interesting nor was I enthralled with being the dragonborn. I did the main quest once and have no desire to ever do it again. I might when the main quest is fully fleshed out with Solutions but that would be the only time.

I found the side quests and guild quests to be a lot better done and interesting IMHO.

Its a common theme with Beth games, they all do the open world freedom very well but the story line suffers as a result as its very hard to make you engaged with a story that you are going to ignore for large amounts of time.

Take mass effect 2 for example which i thought was a really good story and it had some elements be time dependant so if after the crew was taken you pissed about to much they are all dead when you arrive which worked as you'd spent the early game talking to the crew, learning their stories etc so you cared about the crew.

With skyrim other than 1 quest as i recall (blood on the streets) it pretty much didn't matter whether you did the immediate quest task then and their or whether you wandered around the game world for 3 months

It's that "zero to hero; rags to riches" mentality. I really love it. Being the Dragonborn is a privilege I don't really want for ALL of my characters.

I was kind of disappointed actually when it was clear that the player always is the Dragonborn. I would have loved it if he was your sidekick or rival.

That being said, being something special is so much more enjoyable when you start out with absolutely nothing. I always liked Elders Scrolls because of it. Starting out as a prisoner no one really cares about.

Its a common theme with Beth games, they all do the open world freedom very well but the story line suffers as a result as its very hard to make you engaged with a story that you are going to ignore for large amounts of time.

Take mass effect 2 for example which i thought was a really good story and it had some elements be time dependant so if after the crew was taken you pissed about to much they are all dead when you arrive which worked as you'd spent the early game talking to the crew, learning their stories etc so you cared about the crew.

With skyrim other than 1 quest as i recall (blood on the streets) it pretty much didn't matter whether you did the immediate quest task then and their or whether you wandered around the game world for 3 months

Yeah, most of my plays right now are imagination-fuelled. For instance, I just started (another) Succubus character whom is slowly converting Markarth into a den of debauchery. I used LAL to start in the house, SexLab Solutions, Devious Cidhna (so Devious Devices as well), SexLab Submit + DD, SexLab Sisterhood of Dibella, etc... I'm also using mods like Take Notes! to write in character, which helps me keep track on the roleplaying. I'm going to install SexLab Deadly Drain next, so the effect of being a Succubus is there. There's no official questline there, not even in terms of factions, but it does tie a few together to each other, like the Sisterhood and the Forsworn.

Thats not true, I mean I loath playing as the uber hero in games. I prefer to use alternative start and pretend my character is just a above average person living in Skyrim. Only saying some of us have no desire to be the hero always, sometimes it is fun to be the regular guy/girl facing near impossible things.

It's that "zero to hero; rags to riches" mentality. I really love it. Being the Dragonborn is a privilege I don't really want for ALL of my characters.

I was kind of disappointed actually when it was clear that the player always is the Dragonborn. I would have loved it if he was your sidekick or rival.

That being said, being something special is so much more enjoyable when you start out with absolutely nothing. I always liked Elders Scrolls because of it. Starting out as a prisoner no one really cares about.

That's some true stuff said. Further proof that my first reaction was to short-sighted. Recently I've been seeing "House of Cards" and I think the character of Doug Stamper (Kevin Spacey's right hand) is somewhat of a silent hero. A fighter in a grim situation that still follows his heart (only know S1 so far).

Maybe something like that would be a suitable approach. The dragonborn as some sort of overdrawn hero - someone who got too much power and adoration in too short a time, become corrupted by it and became more a plague than a savior. Not really a brand-new idea, but it always sells. Come to think of it, that might actually work wonderful in LL's perverted view on Skyrim. The dragonporn - regardless of his sex - kills and screws what and where he wants. In a more or less believable scale.

Well here's my go at a potential campaign

What do you think?

Well, of course....... there's thousands of ways you can start... But here's one suggestion.

(By the way, the whole main storyline is completely disabled)

You're travelling by carriage into Skyrim. You're the only passenger. The premise is that you've just woken up. After some time, you can talk to the driver. 

He notices you're awake and greets you, and tells you that you're almost to Falkreath, where you'll get off.

A little later along the road the driver stops the carriage. And spots a few bandits down the road.

You came to Skyrim in search of a better life, you've brought practically everything valuable along with you, planning to settle down so you can't just abandon the cart and try to carry everything with you.

So the driver, after thinking for a moment, tells you that if anything does happen, you should run into Falkreath to ask for help since it's close by. The driver will try to keep them off.

Just as the driver is about to try and find a way around the bandits, the bandits (which are rather high leveled) start walking your way, and notice your carriage.

Quickly, they surround the carriage and start demanding a ransom. If you don't make a run for it, eventually they'll kill you. If you try to fight the bandits, they'll be high enough level'd to kill you pretty quick.

If you try to run for it, a few of the bandits will chase you while the driver does his best to stay alive while you call for help. It won't be really easy to escape, but if you get far enough you'll be able to alert the Falkreath guards, who will listen to you and help.

You return with a huge number of guards, surprising both the bandits and the driver, who's been tied up.

Easily, with the help of the guards you kill all the bandits and free your driver.

. . . . .

Soon, you try to settle down into Falkreath and look for work.

However, your first night is without a place to stay, and you are forced to sleep outside.

Alternate Start Live another Life already have some scenario created for starting the game differently from vanilla, Death Alternative - Alternate Start also exist.

I realize, but those are just slightly shorter or different introductions to the game, not a new campaign.

If it's your cup of tea, Maria Eden lets you start the game as a slave sold to a cruel and demanding mistress, and then warps the entire gameplay around the fact that you're a sex slave. You can still do normal quests, including the main line - theoretically, at least, as the restrictions your owner puts upon you are quite severe and interfere with normal gameplay more often than not. It's actually advisable to ignore the main storylines, at least until you're in your mistress' very good graces (say, enough so that she won't take away your quest-related items - or weapons, for that matter).