Skyrim Modding Guide

I can't open Wrye Bash through MO. Every time I try it crash. I can open it without MO, but then I can't use it on mods.
Please help and thanks in advance.

CRASH MESSAGE
Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at
https://afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games
or to the Wrye Bash Discord at
https://discord.gg/NwWvAFR

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 206, in main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 271, in _main
  File "bash\bash.pyo", line 392, in _detect_game
  File "bash\initialization.pyo", line 159, in init_dirs
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 305, in read
  File "ConfigParser.pyo", line 512, in _read
MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
file: C:\Igre\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\Skyrim.ini, line: 3
'********\n'

• 4 weeks later...

I am so glad I followed this guide, as I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out how to fix the shadows on my character. The combination of mods used has fixed it completely, and other factors have allowed me to learn things like "cleaning dirty edits is literally as simple as clicking tes5 auto cleaner and clicking the mod"

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, Eladano said:

I am so glad I followed this guide, as I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out how to fix the shadows on my character. The combination of mods used has fixed it completely, and other factors have allowed me to learn things like "cleaning dirty edits is literally as simple as clicking tes5 auto cleaner and clicking the mod"

Yeah the "some parts of this guide is outdated" disclaimer is becoming more and more true, giving this guide is still describing the old manual clean process... happy it was still of use to you!

• 6 months later...

Question about XEdit. I merge a large set of quest mods. I know that in XEdit there are sections of objects that are marked as not used by the game, but they are used (for example, recipes, relationships). But what about NPCs, weapons, outfit, etc.? Can it be that a script uses them, in which case XEdit will display "referenced by" or not? I just want to clear unused records.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone !! so i came across this topic and i want a little bit of help. So i came across the glossy mod and i have downloaded the nifskope app and went to femaleboy_1 and changed the glossiness and specular strength but my character body has not been changed, can some kindly help me please ?!

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, Flameray said:

But does this guide work for Skyrim Special Edition and are the mods displayed here compatible with Skyrim SE?
Would mean the world if someone could point me to a guide for Skyrim SE.

Try using your eyes and looking at the section titled 'Skyrim: Special Edition'.

• 4 months later...

hello, i am completely new to a modded skyrim and this forum so have some mercy on me, please

i downloaded skooma whore and sexlab framework for legendary edition, i believe load order is right, i used loot to do it for me, i have every required mod but something weird happens when i open save with my junkie character (i needed mods for this specific gameplay)

so, when i first opened that save, there was a black screen with sound of very heavy breathing and ngl i was terryfied, also couldnt do anything like quit the game or open manager, i turned off my computer because it was the only one thing i could do, then try to run game again, i loaded the same save and again, black screen but without any horrific sounds. i was upset that maybe it is a virus or smth but i checked it, so i dont know what else i can do, i am not really good at this.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, n00vember said:

hello, i am completely new to a modded skyrim and this forum so have some mercy on me, please

i downloaded skooma whore and sexlab framework for legendary edition, i believe load order is right, i used loot to do it for me, i have every required mod but something weird happens when i open save with my junkie character (i needed mods for this specific gameplay)

so, when i first opened that save, there was a black screen with sound of very heavy breathing and ngl i was terryfied, also couldnt do anything like quit the game or open manager, i turned off my computer because it was the only one thing i could do, then try to run game again, i loaded the same save and again, black screen but without any horrific sounds. i was upset that maybe it is a virus or smth but i checked it, so i dont know what else i can do, i am not really good at this.

Did you start a new game after adding the mods?  Skooma Whore changes a bunch of stuff in cities which could cause an existing save to not open correctly.  Also feel free to check the guides in my signature, they may help get your mods sorted.

Edit: Also, beware of potential conflicts if you have other mods that make changes to the major cities, for example the ratway area of Riften.  Skooma Whore adds "skooma dens" (among other cell edits) and things will be very messy if something else overwrites them.

Edited by Marg597
dens
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey, could I maybe get some help with modding Skyrim SE from some people in here, I have done a vanilla playthrough before but I didn't complete the game, but I want to come back and do a modded playthrough with lewd mods and stuff. I've already got all the sfw mods I want I think, just need nsfw stuff like animation packs and some mods that change the female enemies to where they look better anything like TBD perhaps if that is available, I already have TBD for females and SOS for males and those are all working and all the basics are done with FNIS, skeleton, etc. Also if there is a mod that makes some of the enemies futa that would be appreciated, any animation packs to add on would be appreciated too. If anyone has heard of it I would also like to get the defeat sex mod working as well. Once all the mods are done installing I might need help with the load / deploy order, I use vortex by the way.

Edited by MaxPain22192
  • 5 months later...

The Skyrim Modding Guide is a comprehensive guide to modding The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It covers everything from basic mod installation and troubleshooting to advanced modding techniques. It also includes information on modding tools, modding resources, and modding communities. The guide is designed to be useful for both experienced modders and those just starting out. It is regularly updated with new content to keep up with the ever-evolving modding landscape.

• 4 months later...

Hello all, just a note that this guide is by now very outdated, it would have to be completely revised. It was written before Skyrim SE even came out after all, let alone all of the modding tools and changes since then. There are much better and more updated guides elsewhere you can find, such as STEP. Also, I haven't had a gaming PC available to me in almost 2 years (caught fire from an oversurge during a lightning storm) so I wouldn't be able to help much with any questions any may have either. This guide should probably be unpinned by now honestly, as some of the things here can be a bit misleading at this point likely, especially to the newer modders it was originally intended for.