Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Skyrim Modding Guide

• Please log in to reply
1561 replies to this topic

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Edited the ENB bit to revise Realivision's install proceedures to something that actually works for Mod Organizer (I just reinstalled it myself so noticed RV_Install didn't work), and also put in a note on how to make nightvision work with ENBs.

Also I just noticed the most curious thing. When I installed Verdant I went in to make a new Janitor character... and found I had never actually made one for this profile to begin with. My character is now level 68, I've played her for weeks and I've been using almost nothing but quicksaves and autosaves to get by, and not even once have been unable to load any of her saves. So I guess that in theory that could indicate these tips may have some functionality to them? ;)

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

As they say people who give advice are the worst at following it themselves...

First I tell you that you shouldn't uninstall a script or a worldspace unless you plan on starting a new game. Now normally that's very sound advice, but here's what I just did;

I had a maximum amount of mods installed (255 esps/esms) but I ended up needing to add more to my game for various reasons. Now during the course of my long game on my character I decided against my original plan of becoming a vampire and sided with the Dawnguard instead in the expansion, so suddenly Dynamic Vampire Apperance and my intended home mod Hassildor that I'd also installed a "teleport to hassildor" spell in were useless to me, and was the obvious things to remove. However both of these are scripted mods, and Hassildor adds a worldspace in an area that I need to go later in the game several times. I had absolutley no intention of starting over because I love my character and she's by now level 69 with a lot of quests done and things that would have to be redone if I were to restart.

So here's the process to do this safely; first off in Mod Organizer enter the Profiles section, select your profiles where you have local savegames and click "Copy" on that, my previous profile was called Sariel for my character's name so my new one was called Sariel Test. Now I uninstalled the mods I had to uninstall here in this test profile, and also enabled Papyrus logging (it's normally off). Then I did a careful test, I loaded up the game first even when it protested from missing mods, switched location (different room in the Undeground Bathouse, which if you use you should do the multiple room thing and split at least the dark area and the crafting room from the main bathouse). Waited a little bit, then saved and quit. Then I fired up Savegame Script Cleaner, went into my new save and cleaned the now 12 leftover scripts up, then loaded up the save again. This time I teleported to Dragon Bridge, then flew with my dragon wings to Vohikar castle, or specifically the backside of it where Hassildor was placed before. Nothing there, and no CTD. Then I did a stress test, I started a big fight, a sex scene, recruited a new follower using AFT (forcing a non-follower to follow me) and teleported back to the Bathouse again, did some crafting, then quit. All different things that stress the system, if there were leftover things in the papyrus that would show up then. But when I checked the papyrus... not a single trace of protest from Dynamic Vampire Appearance or Hassildor.

Now some important caveats here; I had never visited Hassildor, I had not learned the Teleport to Hassildor spell or interracted with the scripted NPC there (a dog that can tranform to a hellhound), and I was not a vampire so Dynamic Vampire Appearance had nothing to do, and was disabled in MCM menu. As such there's a good chance that none of the scripts involved with those mods were active in the save to begin with, and as such they could be installed. So perhaps I should revise "never uninstall a script mid game" to "never uninstall an active script mid game", however it's going to be very hard to tell normally if a script is active, the only ways to do so is to carefully look through your papyrus, and to disable it in an MCM, a scripted mod that doesn't have an MCM section should probably never be removed, it's there to stay unless you start a new game. Lastly you want to make absolutely certain that ClearInvalidRegistraitons=1 is in your SKSE.ini file as well before doing this, there's a good chance that helped out a lot.

Next up I decided that since everything worked well I went in and turned off Papyrus again (it can stress your game more than some mods) and deleted my old profile and removed the "Test" part from the Sariel profile. Now in this case it was fairly easy mods to uninstall or later reinstall, so really the new profile was kinda unnecessary but a nice precautionary step, I could just go back to the save I made before removing those mods and reinstall them, but in some cases that will be difficult, such as if you end up changing your TES5Merged.esp patch in the course of uninstalling a mod, in that case it's a lot easier to go back to a previous profile, in that case do not delete the old profile, keep it around in case you run into problems later down the line.

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

New mod, a texture replacer mod that takes the place of every other landscape based texture mods, including plants, trees, grass, stones, caves, everything; Tamriel Reloaded HD, this is basically a one-stop for textures for your game, for the rest only put in armor textures and skin textures. It does have two significant drawbacks; the first (and I'm not kidding here) is that you will actually spend less time playing the game, and more time going oooh and aaah over textures. First time I entered a cave with this mod active I was actually blown away, and that was after seeing both Whiterun and Solitude and the wilds decimated me. The reason for this is what leads to the second more serious drawback, this mod cannot be used without a very new ENB using ENBSeries 0.265 or newer, as it relies heavily on Parallax landscaping and mapping, the road isn't smooth any longer and you'll frequently see distortions on cave walls of dept in the middle of the wall, just like you'd expect in a natural cave.

To enable this mod (which is a freaking 3 GB download) you need to both go into your skyrim.ini and turn iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure under the [Grass] header to 15 (warning, this hurts performance but is needed), and second you need to go into your enblocal.ini and find FixParallaxBugs which is a brand spanking new line and put in True on that value, and same with FixParallaxterrain. If you don't do this your roads will become rollercoasters, and your caves will be impassible. I had to try a couple of times as well as download the latest drivers for my video card to make it work, but when it finally did, goddamn.

This mod is also fully compatible with another wonderful mod that should replace Expanded Towns and Cites in your load order; JK's Skyrim, this mod is absolutely wonderful, it changes both all the major cities like Whiterun and Solitude and adds walls, new shops and a lot of expansions to the smaller towns like Riverwood and Rorikstead. For a preview of what this looks like you can check out Shinji's Let's Play series on youtube of the Lover's Lab/Sexlab mod Amorous Adventures, as he's got that enabled for Whiterun at least;

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Turns out the reason I wasn't seeing Verdant at it's best before was because I'd installed it wrong. Sometimes if you enable a mod while Mod Organizer is still loading your load order after changing profiles, the ESP never appears and while the mod may look like it's enabled, it's actually not, you have to disable it then reenable it. With Verdant working fully it's doing it's job just as well as Grass on Steroids was, so I'm changing my recommendation to that instead of GoS for a performance boost. I noticed it even when I added it to Tamriel Reloaded, I let Verdant override TR and the result was a marked FPS boost.

Mimirue17

Mimirue17

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

well i tried some of the last changes you suggested with Tamriel Reloaded HD.   You did not mention what do do with some of the previous installed items.   I uninstalled all the skyrim hd files (dungeons, misc, riften and towns).   I left in RealVision enb265a, along with the 2 patches (partical all in one, and subsurface scattering patch), Skyrim Flora Overhaul 2.0F.   Oh I also uninstalled ETaC as you said TR replaces it.   I installed TR main 0-9b full, SMIM compatibility patch 3d ropes, ELF hd patch, and 4k optional textures.   here are a few screen shots.   I also did adjust all the files listed in your post and TR HD.   Ran Loot, loaded up no issues.

Spoiler

any comments or suggestions on what else to add to make it even better?   Keep this thread up, its totally awesome :)

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Oooh, looks great! Did you get the Parallax terrain features working well? You need Realivison 0.256 enabled (or another 0.265 based ENB) to make Parralax terrain work, however Tamriel Reloaded does not replace Expanded Towns and Cities, you read me wrong there, it's JK's Skyrim which does that, and that intergrates fully without patches needed with Tamriel Reloaded, and is a lot more compatibility friendly than ETAC is.

The graphics I have enabled in addition to Tamriel Reloaded are SMIM and Vivid Landscapes - All in One, Vivid Landscapes adds even with the overwritten 476 files being provided by Tamriel Reloaded another 873 files that aren't overwritten, and it's in a BSA archive so it's good performance, and better yet it doesn't take space on your plugin list if you are using Mod Organizer because the ESP is only there to enable the BSA, which MO can do automatically. I've also left in Skyfalls and Skymills, SFO, Realistic Water Two + RWT ENB Textures, Unique Grasses and Groundcovers (though honestly I'm not seeing much of this anymore, I think TRHD and Verdant is covering it all up, this is probably safe to remove without noticing anything). And for Solsteheim I'm also using aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape and Solstehim Landscape Overhaul - Dead Edition, neither of which conflcits with Tamriel Reloaded much. However i have never actually been to Solstheim once (yeah I'm embarrased, I'm heading there very soon in my current play however) so I don't know how good it'll look with that. I'm also using both Enhanced Distant Terrain 2, and Skyrim Distance Overhaul to make my LODs look great, especially with my uGrids 7 load, I practically never notice things popping into view unless I'm flying around really fast and low (hint if you're using flying and coverign big distances, fly as high as possible so basically eveyrthing below is "distant terrain", you'll load faster then, and won't provoke every critter and bandit on the way).

A few more graphical mods that add a lot to your game, most of these have NO PLUGINS so they don't take any space on your load order, and can be uninstalled at any time; aMidianBorn Book of Silence (Creatures, weapons, armors, landscape get overwritten by Tamriel Reloaded, use his landscape textures if you are not using Tamriel Reloaded) is awesome, only the Skyforge bits and new armor adds an ESP, Ren's HD Shrines is a mod I just adore, Rustic Alchemy and Enchanting Tables look aweosme and you're probably going to spend a long time looking down on it if you have Immersive First Person camera or Skyrim Enhanced Camera (LOVE that mod, it's so simple and works so well[/url], and Virtus Imperii just makes the imperial gear look amazing.

Note that all landscape and graphical textures in general is completely script free of course, you can install them and take them out at any time without any bad effect. I took out all of the other graphical mods I was using (6-7 of them) when I put in Tamriel Reloaded HD into my level 60+ character and I could just continue playing, this is completley risk free.

Mimirue17

Mimirue17

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

ok sorry for the confusion, but some off these were added after others but I think need to overwrite.   So let me list the mods that were mentioned and see if I can get a correct install order.   This is assuming that all the correct ini files were changed as posted in this thread or on the mod pages themselves (lots of items changed but believe I got them all).   Here is the full list of graphic changes.

JKs Skyrim - all in one (really cool mod thanks for pointing this one out)

Realvision 265a with patches as needed

Enhanced Distant Terrain 2

Vivid Landscape All in one

Stable U Grids (forget which one I picked)

Enhanced Lights and FX

Skyfalls + Skymills

SFO 2.0F

TR 4k version with patches as needed

Project Reality Climates of Tamriel V3

SMIM

Cinematic fire effects 2 HD

Skyrim Distance Overhaul

I am still using NMM so listed them as they showed up.  I will be doing a fresh install with MO next week so wanted to get everything lined up.

All of the above are currently installed and shown in the screenshots above except Distance overhaul, Skyfalls, Vivid Landscape and Distant Terrain 2.

Thanks again for the help, this is alot of fun to keep pushing the envelope!

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

You want to install Realvison after ELFX to let it overwrite some files and intergrate better, otherwise as Tamriel Reloaded is so all covering if you just put it at near the end of the install followed shortly by Verdant if you want some more FPS (overwrites the ncie grass textures of TR, skip it if you have a really good computer and no slowdown with Realvision full + TR 4k - I use 2k - 1k myself). During the install make sure that Tamriel Reloaded is overwriting as many of the other mods as possible, including SFO and Vivid Landscapes, you want the additional stuff that those mods add, not overwrite the awesome textures in TR.

Also if you haven't put it in yet you also want Climates of Tamriel, the Weather Patch for CoT and Supreme Storms for Climates of Tamriel. Also you're going to want a water mod of some kind, I prefer Realistic Water Two and Watercolor for ENB for RW2, both taken from Realivison's list of suggested mods. All of these should also be installed before Realvision. Go to the Realvision page and follow his instructions on how to install them for best effect.

As an alternative to Realvision if you want a ENB that looks really "Next-Gen" without being too resource demanding, T.A.Z. Visual Overhaul is incredible, the ligthing kinda robs some more detailed textures like face textures of their closer look but it's insane otherwise. However be aware that Climates of Tamriel doesn't work with this and should be left out if you want to try this, and the nightvision fix I posted on the ENB post to use with mods like Predator Vision does not work with TAZ and will destroy it. TAZ should combine very well with Tamriel Reloaded.

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

A new set of mods, to deal with that ever-present thing in your game, that you're going to see the most individuals of. Imperials? Stormcloaks? Nazeem? Nope, the guards of course!

First off we want to fix their dialogue a bit, they'll still complain about arrows in the knee but it'll generally just be better; Guard Dialogue Overhaul does exactly that, at this point I don't know what nonsense the guards normally spout because I've had this enabled forever.

Next up, did you know that 1) there are not a single female Imperial soldier or Haafingar guard in the base game, and 2) that all guards are actually headless if you take off that ever-present guard helmet? Don't proposition a guard with Radiant Prostitution or you'll see freakshow, and I'm not talking about the jail! Diverse Guards fixes both of these problems, and you'll even be able to see the faces of guards around now, and they'll use helmets from all your installed mods (or rather whatever's on your leveled lists for their level, Wrye Bash is your friend!), favoring things like the Einherjar hood from Immersive Armors.

And lastly, every guard armor in the game is the same! Plus it looks kinda crappy. Town Guard Armor Retextured fixes that, every hold's guards will be wearing a different looking uniform, and it's ALL TEXTURES, which means that both you won't need a new ESP addon for this, and that your newly female guards will still be wearing their skimpy replacers if you're using such a mod. Which you might not want anymore as some of those female guards are kinda fugly...

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Another themed set of mods for that most important thing in your life for many. Sex? Dragons? Nope, the phat lewt of course! Everyone loves it when they clear that hard dungeon above their level, get to that treasure chest and open it up and find...

1 iron armor.

23 steel arrows.

43 septims (I don't care if it's a ancient dwemer dungeon sealed for thousands of years, someone still put a coin that's only been in existence for the last 1000 into those chests!)

So let's fix that, let's get some epic loot!

First off a mod from the Deadly Dragons/Forgotten Magic creator, Dynamic Loot, this creates enchanted versions of all the armors available to you, you won't need to be a master enchanter any longer to beat the game as you can actually (I did) end up with a perfectly good double enchanted set of Dragonbone armor if you wait around a bit! And if you got mods like Immersive Armors or Warmonger Armory you'll also want the  addons for Dynamic Loot.

Of course some random enchanted loot on bandits, forsworn and draugr is nice, but how about that big cool treasure chest at the end of the dungeon? What about the dragon loot? More Interesting Loot is exactly what it claims to be, you'll find a nice amount of gold, gems, precious items, and new potions and alchemical items, like a potion that puts a guardian circle or flame cloak on you, or a Shockball poison that cause enemies to take continuous shock damage then explode in a electric explosion once they die. You'll find books that when you read them they'll teach you the properties of various alchemy ingredients from either the base game or this mod without you needing to taste them with a high Alchemy skill or experiment to find out what they do. And you'll find new artifacts as well, including weapons, armors and jewlery from previous games.

And about those septims in a ancient draugr or dwemer ruin... Piratelords Loot Adjustment fixes that, and makes EVERY container in the game and it's expansions lootable, all those crates and barrels can now be opened as containers... and you'll find mostly clutter and crap in them but even so! Might be some nice items. It'll also adjust the stuff that's available for purchase in stores, you won't find as many enchanted items but you might luck out and find an item way above your level range for sale. And yes, it adds dwemer and ancient nord coins to the game instead of those septims. Though note that this is not perfect, money bags will still become septims and the other mods installed could put septims in the end chest and on enemies.

Now that's well and good, but how about the problem with everyone else out there not bothering to temper their items? Or what about the fact that Smithing is absolutely necessary in your game, if you don't learn it as a warrior you'll be way behind. And of course once your chosen set of armor or weapons have been improved to where you want it to be, you never want to work on your weapon again, there's no maintaining the sharpness of your sword, because it'll never grow dull, and has no chance to break! And if you're figthing in Civil War and you and your chosen army kills every soldier in an enemy fort, you're the only one that's allowed to go aorund and loot their things and grab what you want. Loot and Degradation fixes all of that, enemies and friends will loot things they need (can be toggled off in MCM), your weapons and armor will degrade and can even break (likewise can be toggled), you'll be able to pay smiths to improve the quality of your gear instead of leveling smithing yourself, and every item in an enemy's inventory has a leveld chance of being improved, and that includes all the items from Dynamic Loot! So you can find for example a Legendary Stalhrim axe that does a random 50 points of shock, fire or cold damage with near infinite amount of charges if you REALLY luck out.

Now about those enchantments, Skyrim's echantment amount is kinda low, and most of them are boring... let's add Wintermyst to the game, this is a mod made by the Apocalypse and Thunderchild author, and adds 104 brand new enchantments to your game, like sunlight damage, or being able to put some of your health to your magicka or stamina and vice versa. Note that I'm 95 % certain that the SkyProc patcher that comes with it is broken, but don't worry, you'll still find the items in treasure chests and store inventories if you don't use it, you just won't find for example an Einherjar armor with these enchantments.

As for those normal encahntments, like when you make a flaming katana, it's kinda dull how it's only a slight shader on it, don't you want to see a real FLAMING sword in your hands that look really cool? Enchanted Arsenal is your out, this does little to begin with, but has an extensive MCM menu where you can pick what individual enchantment types should look like in game, and put cool looks on new Wintermyst enchantments as well.

But what about those already enchanted items, those legendary artifacts out there like Wuuthrad, the Galdur Amulet and Auriel's Bow, these things you really quest for and strive to get, only to find that they're... kinda meeh when you come to it and not something you'd actually want to use? Yeah I'm totally swapping my flaming dragonbone greataxe for +50 % damage vs elves, thank you no Ysgramor, you can keep your legendary axe of rage that I spent a whole questline assembling. Improved Artifact Collection makes those things worth getting suddenly, and have things like a different effect for Auriel's Bow depending on if you're a mortal or a vampire, and the ability to use both Wuuthrad and the Shield of Ysgramor at the same time, or visit Archmage Gauldur's refuge in oblivion! As for the Daedric artifacts, like Wabbajack, the Sanguine Rose, Rings of Namira and Hircine, Dawnbreaker, Spellbreaker and the Mace of Molag Bal, Daedric Artifacts Improved is your way out, to use this you take the artifact to a Well of Urd on various locations and plunge it in, then you can pick from a crafting menu a new version of the artifact, like changing the Staff of Magnus to magnify a specific school while giving you a new spell while you're wielding it (ever wanted to summon your ancestors?), or letting Dawnbreaker either become devastating to undead, or give you powers while you're wielding it like letting fire damage actually heal you instead of damage you (which ironically is perfect for vampires... or dragonslayers). Due to how this mod works it actually doesn't overwrite any other mod, including if Improved Artifacts changes the same artifact around.

All of that together should in theory keep you well and happy with loot for the rest of your Skyrim career. True we still have those dragon priest masks to fix, but honestly I never use those anyway for being fugly... but if you want them, a replacement for Daedric Artifacts Improved and Improved Artifact collection is to get Mighty Magick Artifacts (including Dragonborn artifacts) plugins, which are independent of the main mod and makes those dragon priest masks pretty epic, and also makes them invisible so they won't cover up your pretty looks any longer. Note that the main mod is actually great as well if you're doing a Mage playthrough, it's truly Mighty while still fairly balanced.

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

ok sorry for the confusion, but some off these were added after others but I think need to overwrite.   So let me list the mods that were mentioned and see if I can get a correct install order.   This is assuming that all the correct ini files were changed as posted in this thread or on the mod pages themselves (lots of items changed but believe I got them all).   Here is the full list of graphic changes.

JKs Skyrim - all in one (really cool mod thanks for pointing this one out)

Realvision 265a with patches as needed

Enhanced Distant Terrain 2

Vivid Landscape All in one

Stable U Grids (forget which one I picked)

Enhanced Lights and FX

Skyfalls + Skymills

SFO 2.0F

TR 4k version with patches as needed

Project Reality Climates of Tamriel V3

SMIM

Cinematic fire effects 2 HD

Skyrim Distance Overhaul

I am still using NMM so listed them as they showed up.  I will be doing a fresh install with MO next week so wanted to get everything lined up.

All of the above are currently installed and shown in the screenshots above except Distance overhaul, Skyfalls, Vivid Landscape and Distant Terrain 2.

Thanks again for the help, this is alot of fun to keep pushing the envelope!

By the way I just looked at the SKSE readout you posted previously, I see you have "Gildergreen Regrown"? You can remove that mod if you're using JK*s skyrim, as a similar function is included in JK's version of Whiterun if you bring back the sap (if you don't then the Gildergreen takes years to regrow).

I'm not sure what Havoc Breast Physics is, but HDT phsyics extension and a BBP enabled skeleton should deal with all the breast and butt and pecker physics you need.

You can take out Unlimited Training and other mods that change limiters because SkyTweak allows you to remove those limits anyway, and do so much more.

If you're using UNP or UNPB which it looks you are I suggest taking out the various armor mods you have like Sotetta and Merta and instead installing UNP Clothing Merchants, it's less esps and you get A LOT more armors and clothes to play with as well as jewlery, and you get HDT physics on some that don't have it now.

HounDog

HounDog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Thank you so much for this guide!

I started a new install last week and tried to follow the guide as much as possible and here i am on 109 mods and counting and everything seems to be ok, i have not done any heavy testing but using MO has given an amount of control i did not thought possible.

There are 3 things i skipped for personal reasons:

ENB - i liked it, i really did but i could not give up the 4k DSR, even the performance enb made my 780 cry at those resolutions. 

ugrids - there seems to be a lot of debate on the safety of this modification so i'll play it safe and wait until i have tested everything else.

Live another life - In order to obtain a "clean" save i started a game before installing anything (not even SKSE) i selected the default nord as PC and started to play without doing anything at all, no crouching, no armor, no speech checks, no looting, follow the main quest and ignore everyone else, let lydia do all the fighting up to the point where Parthurnax teaches you Yol (the point where i consider that the world is fully open to the player) then dismiss lydia, buy breezehome, wait, and then save (and another save in a cellar just to be safe). I was level 4 at this point, 25 one handed, 25 marksman, 20 speech (from selling stuff to buy breezehome). now this save will be the save for all my subsequent playthroughs. An obsessive and maybe useless thing to do but hey, i had fun seeing lydia being useful for once.  :D

Anyway, Thanks again, i was about to drop skyrim and move on but it looks like i'll be here for a while.  

fishburger67

fishburger67

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

I started a new install last week and tried to follow the guide as much as possible and here i am on 109 mods and counting and everything seems to be ok, i have not done any heavy testing but using MO has given an amount of control i did not thought possible.

ENB - i liked it, i really did but i could not give up the 4k DSR, even the performance enb made my 780 cry at those resolutions. 

ugrids - there seems to be a lot of debate on the safety of this modification so i'll play it safe and wait until i have tested everything else.

Live another life - In order to obtain a "clean" save i started a game before installing anything (not even SKSE) i selected the default nord as PC and started to play without doing anything at all, no crouching, no armor, no speech checks, no looting, follow the main quest and ignore everyone else, let lydia do all the fighting up to the point where Parthurnax teaches you Yol (the point where i consider that the world is fully open to the player) then dismiss lydia, buy breezehome, wait, and then save (and another save in a cellar just to be safe). I was level 4 at this point, 25 one handed, 25 marksman, 20 speech (from selling stuff to buy breezehome). now this save will be the save for all my subsequent playthroughs. An obsessive and maybe useless thing to do but hey, i had fun seeing lydia being useful for once.  :D

Anyway, Thanks again, i was about to drop skyrim and move on but it looks like i'll be here for a while.  

I would be interested to know an estimate on the time it took you to get to a stable game replacing all your mods and setting MO and the like.

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Hey, good to hear things worked out for you! But with a 780 gtx you shouldn't have any issues whatsoever running Realvision full even with Tamriel Reloaded active, as I'm running it with a 580. I suggest reducing your textures  instaed, you get a LOT more back from a good ENB than you do from ANY texture pack, and the ENB thanks to ENBoost and ENHost makes your game use more memory more efficiently and run smoother as well.

Would you mind Posting MO's list of active mods so we can shave down a bit and make Realvision work for you? You can find this under Profiles.

Hint by the way, whenever possible try to use a single big texture pack that covers a lot of things like Tamriel Reloaded does instead of a ton of smaller ones, because the game spends more resources dealing with conflicting textures and things bumping into each other, like if you have a Whiterun makeover and a Breezehome makeover that changes it's exterior in a way that conflicts with your Whiterun makeover, your FPS will slow down to a CRAWL whenever you get near Breezehome as the game tries to decide what texture to show you. Always strive for compatibility first and looks second.

Mimirue17

Mimirue17

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

i am downloading skyrim now to start the new load with MO.   Had a question about body mods and textures.   Here is my debate, based on a comment you had made about the armor mods taking up so many esps

I normally use cbbe for 4 reasons.   

1.  its been constantly updated with a new version even last month I believe

2.  It has the best textures of any body mod out there.   Some people call it fake looking, I call it damn sexy and the nipples not only look real but are in the right place.

3.  It uses bodyslide to easily adjust the body to whatever you prefer.

4.  the elves now look good, without installing other mods to make them look good.   Normally they are just plain ugly to look at.

now I have been looking for textures and at different bodies for the past 2 days trying to find a replacement using the UNP or UNPB body.

here are my findings so far.

1.  The base textures available with the bodies are plain ugly.   even the 4k textures from SG are not even close to CBBE textures

2.  none of them help the elves look any better

3.  The nipple textures and placement are just not right, not something you would expect to see.

here is how I made it look passable.   I stole the textures from the Lunari Warriors seven-base version and copied it over the character ones.   The nipples look natural, if not still a little large, and the textures are much better.   However they are still not as good as cbbe.

I would love your input on what you use for body mods and textures.   I have looked high and low and cant find anything that just says here, UNPB that looks great!   I have seen screenshots that look good mind you, so I know they are out there.   I just cant find them.

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Okay here's what I do with textures and bodies for UNPB.

First install UNPB Redux; http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/37900/?You don't want the skin for this, you may want the skeleton but probably not (use the instructions in my Flying Mod post for that).

Next install Better Females by Bella; http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/2812/?This will fix your elves look.

Now install SG Female Textures Renewal, overwriting Better Females; http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/35267/?

At this point your install or load order doesn't matter for other mods like Eyebrows (which are some of the most important parts of the human body, so I have 3 mods for eyebrows alone), but if you install NPCs later on like an NPC overhaul mod like Ultimate NPC Overhaul you should take your SG Female Textures Renewal and move it as low as possible on your load order, then disable and reeenable it, and that will fix grayface on those NPCs.

I prefer UNPB myself because it's got the greatest variety in breast and butt size (you can have a tiny butt with a cup tits, or round volptous butt with EE cups). You also want RaceMenu3; http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/29624/?This will allow you to adjust the curves of your breasts to make them fit into things like Devious Devices and piercings better than they might normally. UNPB has a MASSIVE amount of clothing available to it, if you set your weight to 50ish (I prefer 75) then you won't really notice it too much if you're putting on something sized for the normal UNP body either unless you look very closely when undressing.

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Keep in mind however that even with SG skin and UNPB/UN7B/Dreamgirl the whole idea with UNP is to go for realistic proportions and flawed skin, so you'll often see things like moles and scars on the skin that you don't see in CBBE, which is more for the polished cartoon look (which I like on some goddess type characters as well). If you want a UNPB body for yourself rather than NPCs that don't have those imperfections, what I would recommend is to go for a custom race with their own skins, the best of which IMHO is the Ningheim, during install you'll have the option to remove things like scars and imperfections and go with a perfectly smooth body for yourself, though NPCs will still use SG or whatever else you put in.

Mimirue17

Mimirue17

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Okay here's what I do with textures and bodies for UNPB.

First install UNPB Redux; http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/37900/?You don't want the skin for this, you may want the skeleton but probably not (use the instructions in my Flying Mod post for that).

Next install Better Females by Bella; http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/2812/?This will fix your elves look.

Now install SG Female Textures Renewal, overwriting Better Females; http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/35267/?

At this point your install or load order doesn't matter for other mods like Eyebrows (which are some of the most important parts of the human body, so I have 3 mods for eyebrows alone), but if you install NPCs later on like an NPC overhaul mod like Ultimate NPC Overhaul you should take your SG Female Textures Renewal and move it as low as possible on your load order, then disable and reeenable it, and that will fix grayface on those NPCs.

I prefer UNPB myself because it's got the greatest variety in breast and butt size (you can have a tiny butt with a cup tits, or round volptous butt with EE cups). You also want RaceMenu3; http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/29624/?This will allow you to adjust the curves of your breasts to make them fit into things like Devious Devices and piercings better than they might normally. UNPB has a MASSIVE amount of clothing available to it, if you set your weight to 50ish (I prefer 75) then you won't really notice it too much if you're putting on something sized for the normal UNP body either unless you look very closely when undressing.

you cant use the NPC overhaul anymore as it requires KS hair which if you are following Sex Slaves they are discussing that whole matter now.   I do use Racemenu 3.   Did you install any of the options for Bella?  Or SG Renewal?

Sacremas

Sacremas

Entitled Know-it-all

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

I found KS hairs just fine, but if you can't find it this is the same mod's predecessor that includes a few less NPCs (maybe 10ish or so) and with much less requirements; http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/23755/?

I don't use any options for either Bella or SG Renewal myself, I tried them but they just added more stuff I didn't need. You should check out the Ningheim if you're looking for a "perfect" look for your character without any imperfections and lots of makeup options.

HounDog

HounDog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I would be interested to know an estimate on the time it took you to get to a stable game replacing all your mods and setting MO and the like.

Well, it was tricky to say the least, i spent a lot of time learning to use the tools, tracking mod versions, reading descriptions, testing load orders, installing and reinstalling stuff and not to mention tweaking outfits and a number of other things i don't remember. I would say 48 hours? (a week) but i'm not done yet, right now i'm almost done with what i would call "core" stuff plus some outfits and followers, but i still have to track down gameplay stuff, weapons, overhauls,  etc. 

All in all, it was a learning experience, if i had to do it again i would say that it would take me 2 days tops.