Ups. Lost the to all requirements / recommendations somewhere down the line.

I am currently considering making Devious Devices 2.9.0 a hard requirement for this mod -- dialog is a pain without support for all the new goodies and subtle changes they introduced.

Has anyone not upgraded yet?

Also, suggestions for bribes to get keys early, or conditions to get keys back are welcome. I finally got around to understanding MCM and do have some screen real estate to fill up.

See attached prints :cool:

/Kalarr

Thanks for this excellent mod, it instantly became essential.  I like the new varying functions in 0.3.

Could specific KH have particular quests for your keys back (maybe for early release as you suggest above)?  Ranging from simple to total pain in the arse?

Ingun BB wants 20 Nirnroots;

Arcadia wants you to be able to craft a particular potion;

Adrienne wants 10 snow bear pelts or iron ores (not ingots, too easy to come by);

Elisif wants a gold garnet ring with a health enchantment for a visiting dignitary (craft or buy);

Haelga wants Marks Of Dibella back from 3 ex-partners who've pissed her off since they last shagged (not all in Riften);

Irileth wants you to beg for release in a full set of gear first;

Any Thieves Guild member thinks you should have a reasonable bounty in another hold;

Mage NPC wants 10 soul gems you've filled yourself, not bought (they have different values so must be different items);

Jarl wants a local bandit camp cleared;

Imperial Jarl/sympathiser wants local Stormcock camp cleared;

Stormcloak Jarl/sympathiser wants local Gimperial camp cleared;

I could go on but you get the idea.  Maybe some sexual ones too, I have ideas.

For some, after being given the task you could protest and a speech test could determine whether the task became worse (more items, more difficult crafting/alchemy) or easier.

A question: Let's say I give my keys to someone for a week and set the mod to autosend any new keys to the KH.

4 days after that I get some special restraint, like Shock Boots. If I find a Shock Boots Key and it is sent to the KH, when can I get it? In 3 days?

I'm guessing there is only 1 timer, which counts from the initial selected time, I just want to be sure.

Indeed.

You can retrieve that key in 3 days.

As of the 0.3 release you would have the following options:

- Wait.

- Ask for the keyholder to hide 4 keys. Of course he/she/shi must have at least 5 keys to do so, you must have found all previous keys and it will be completely random which 4 keys get hidden. Noone said it would be easy.

- Disable the Shock Boots Key in the menu. This should be done before you find the key, otherwise it will be very difficult to retrieve that key.

- Pickpocket/kill should work as well.

- Search for new keys if you have not enabled the (hardcore) 'send immediate' option. If you get a key through an inventory menu you have until the menu closes to use it.

With regards to timers...

As of 0.3 there is an optional second timer. When the first expires, you can retrieve keys until the second (short) one expires. If that happens, the first one is restarted.

For example, based on your description, you can request that you have only 4 hours of access every week.

One option on my shortlist is bribery to get keys early. Most requested development focus will be to make it even harder to get the keys back.

Thanks for this excellent mod, it instantly became essential.  I like the new varying functions in 0.3.

Could specific KH have particular quests for your keys back (maybe for early release as you suggest above)?  Ranging from simple to total pain in the arse?

Ingun BB wants 20 Nirnroots;

Arcadia wants you to be able to craft a particular potion;

Adrienne wants 10 snow bear pelts or iron ores (not ingots, too easy to come by);

Elisif wants a gold garnet ring with a health enchantment for a visiting dignitary (craft or buy);

Haelga wants Marks Of Dibella back from 3 ex-partners who've pissed her off since they last shagged (not all in Riften);

Irileth wants you to beg for release in a full set of gear first;

Any Thieves Guild member thinks you should have a reasonable bounty in another hold;

Mage NPC wants 10 soul gems you've filled yourself, not bought (they have different values so must be different items);

Jarl wants a local bandit camp cleared;

Imperial Jarl/sympathiser wants local Stormcock camp cleared;

Stormcloak Jarl/sympathiser wants local Gimperial camp cleared;

I could go on but you get the idea.  Maybe some sexual ones too, I have ideas.

For some, after being given the task you could protest and a speech test could determine whether the task became worse (more items, more difficult crafting/alchemy) or easier.

Thanks for the excellent ideas. They go on the list :shy:

WARNING:

I just realized that upgrading to 0.3 will most likely break the Donation feature -- as in the mod will forget who the recipient is.

Unfortunately I won't have time this weekend to test and/or fix it.

To fix it manually, just talk to your favorite Keyholder again to turn it on again.

One more idea which seems more logical for this mod than any other, I apologise if the spouse option already does this as I can't currently test that:

You designate by conversation one NPC you have a good relationship with (spouse if you have one) who gets all your keys and will unlock you for sex with them but lock you back up afterwards (just a belt, you choose by having it on when you first speak to them or something).  They will give you keys for other items but you never see any chastity keys.

Let's say in theory that SOMEONE was a big fool and overwrote his clean save by accident. If he upgraded 0.1 to 0.3, would it break the mod?

No. Nothing will break that I can oversee.

All that happens is that the donating of keys stops. The work-around is trivial, talk to that NPC again and start donating again through the dialog.

Adminstration of keyholders is kept outside the mod and would even survive a clean save upgrade.

I will be fixing this for a 0.3.1 or 0.4 update, but that would be late today or tomorrow.

Very interesting mod. I am just unsure how well it will mesh with my play style. With mods like Devious cursed loot and captures, there is always opportunity to get locked into new gear. So DD FtM and cursed loot are also set to drop keys, so it will be possible to get out. But the drop chance needs to be high enough that it is unlikely to go weeks before I am able to get free. So I don't get swamped with keys, I also set them to destroy on use. Unfortunately the idea behind keyholders seems to be more along the line of rare but durable keys.

I usually stash spare keys in a chest at home, so if I am locked up I just need to make my way home to win my freedom again. My view of a key holder is another place to stash keys that may be closer to me than home. Of course being human (or mer) rather than simple chests, they may also want to take a little advantage of my situation at the time.  ;) Also if I start spreading my keys around, there is a greater chance I will run out of spares in my chest and need to visit a key holder to get out.

This is certainly not a complaint. Just some background for why I would like to see this mod expand in certain ways. From what I read there are already plans to give the key holders certain playful options. Definitely a fun way to go, perhaps add an MCM option to allow players to adjust how often the key holder would take advantage of the situation. Perhaps also have arousal play a factor, a sexy, horny, bound dragon born could be a temptation that is hard to resist. Also not have the choice be either play or keys, the keyhoder should be able to say "Yes, you can have the keys back, but first ....." It could be fun to have to get everyone else in the room off before finally being given keys to the chastity belt. :blink:

Could also be an interesting option to assign a key holder all of a specific type of key. Autosend all keys of that one type to that key holder for that one type of gear, while leaving options open for other other gear that the player may find herself in. The chastity key may be the most popular for this sort of treatment, but some unique gear like the slut collar might also benefit from the option.

Thanks for your thoughts. Any ideas are very welcome.

At this time all chastity keys can be sent to your spouse voluntarily. I will be doing something with this in the future as spouses should have a clear personal interest in the chastity of the Dragonborn. ('sorry darling, not in front of the children').

If you identify other catagories, I'd be happy to consider those as well.

Stuff that will be in the next update and might somehow be of interest for you:

- Only release chastity keys if the dragonborn is not too aroused.

- Bribes (gold) to get keys released prematurely (relative to the amount of time left).

- Bribes (gold) to buy back keys after release.

- Repeating intervals (periodical windows in which keys can be retrieved).

Unfortunately wrapping all this in dialogs is taking a lot more time than I originally estimated.

Additional gimmicks that are will be included (shameless marketing blurp) in the next update:

- Gender restrictions on keyholders.

- (Experimental) Time-locked chastity belt.

- Tweak Devious Devices configuration while locked (disable lockpicking, turning on disposable keys).

I tend to use the same tricks that you do (collecting keys in a location where they cannot be stolen/lost) and started this mod because everything got too easy that way.

However, I am currently not looking into sexually-related triggers directly as a high priority. There are many, many Devious-related mods that already can cause a lot of complications to an unlucky Dragonborn and will trigger all kinds of interesting encounters. The Keyholders are another way to send the Dragonborn on a wild hunt for keys (where it can be guaranteed that there is a key at the end of the hunt). My priority is trying to find ways to get the Dragonborn to bring herself (until the male devices get updated to 2.9.0) to run into these situations 'voluntarily'. Do expect requirements like 'have X sexual encounters' or 'wear restraint Y' in the future.

The "Only release chastity keys if the dragonborn is not too aroused" feature didn't work for me. The npc first gave me back the keys and then "Get a cold shower or something".

The options "Do you have any girlfriends?" and "You could mail the keys to a girlfriend." are not intuitive. Is there any difference?

The interval to retrieve the keys system are not intuitive as well, there is no indication if you arrived too early or too late, gives the impression it's broken.

The most important: the dialogues really need some variations. The first overly submissive dialogue gets old very fast and the lack of "begging the keys back" is unacceptable.

Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

The cold shower dialog indicates that the correct dialog path has been taken (conditional scripting s*cks) . It is expected to pass you normal keys but hold back chasity keys. I'll look into this.

The two dialog options differ between distribution in the immediate environment (cell) or to mail all over Skyrim.

The interval restarts, so there is indeed currently no indication on being early or late. I never thought about the 'too late' option so I'll look into that as well.

Begging/bribing/buying is a work in progress.

And yes, unfortunately creative writing is not my forte. Sorry.

"Only release chastity keys if the dragonborn is not too aroused"

This sounds a bit dangerous with many of those nasty plugs. How can you reach an arousal lower than 100 with some of them? :D

Good question. It can be a good motivator to avoid plugs (or just wear the Orgasmo plug).

Alternatively there are some devious mods that will temporarily remove belt and/or plugs and/or help the Dragonborn find release (voluntarily or/not). Otherwise it might be a very nasty proposition.

Fortunately the option is configurable, so if your Dragonborn likes her plugs, you can keep it disabled.

I might be adding alternatives in the future.

I found a possible issue with getting keys back from the Spouse than seems to negate the spouse's desire to release the chastity.

When using auto-donate - chastity keys are donated to the spouse and the rest to the donation keyholder, but the keyholder holds the control over the auto-donate.

If you talk to the spouse the keys are returned to the player.  Because auto-donate is still on and almost immediately, the keys that just came from the spouse are automatically donated and sent back to the spouse.  This creates a nice Lucy/Charlie Brown cycle of "Here you go, NOPE!" with the keys, but one that the spouse can't stop.  The only resolution is to walk to the keyholder, stop auto-donating, and then ask the spouse.  

A few options that I see:

1) have the auto-donate toggle in the MCM so that you don't have to walk to keyholder before spouse.

2) Allow any keyholder to turn off auto-donate function.  

Hiya.

Loving this mod. It fits well with what I like in my game. The idea of sexual triggers is something I'd say too. I come with ideas :).

• I'd perhaps suggest a chance for the keyholder to either add restraints or plugs to the player ("It's not really chastity until you're teased" *inserts plugs*) with different chances for different restraints (sorry if my ideas are too complex c: don't feel obligated).
  • Perhaps there could also be an option to find certain items (like a Radiant quest in vanilla Skyrim) in order to persuade the keyholder to give keys back?(these could be devious items or just normal items)
  • Also to contrast with being aroused not letting the player retrieve keys, perhaps an opposite could be made. The keys can only be retrieved if the player has above a certain amount of arousal ("I don't think you've been teased enough yet").
  • If the player is too early or too late perhaps the keyholder teases them before telling them to go away. For example toying with their breasts etc.
  • If not already in the mod (I couldn't see it) perhaps an option to tell the keyholder to hold onto the keys permanently rather than for a set period of time.

I've been messing around with the Creation Kit (I'm awful) and so could attempt to create some of these things myself if that sounds okay to you (mod author/Kalarr)

Thanks for the mod

Fortunately the option is configurable, so if your Dragonborn likes her plugs, you can keep it disabled.

I might be adding alternatives in the future.

It's rather that her evil Skyrim enemies like to put the most nasty plugs on her, and not to mention those damned cursed loot chests ... ;)

This might make for some nice teasing though, your keyholder might ask "If you really want to remove them since you seem so happy with them" and you have to pass a persuasion check in order to get released. So your persuasion skill would substitute willpower. 

The difficulty would be a base value (mcm configureable) + your arousal value against your speechcraft.

If you use e.g. 30 + arousal at 100% arousal with 50 speechcraft you would have a 20% chance to succeed while with 100 speechcraft you still fail 30% of the time.

If you talk to the spouse the keys are returned to the player.  Because auto-donate is still on and almost immediately, the keys that just came from the spouse are automatically donated and sent back to the spouse.

This was kind of intentional to create some fustrating experience. The Grace Period was intended to prevent exactly this cycle when talking to the donation target. But I overlooked the impact on the Spouse when I added the Chastity key donation code, creating this silly loop. I will fix it for next update (apply the grace period to the Spouse as well and disable donation on 'menu open', allowing a single shot on using the keys under all conditions).

It's rather that her evil Skyrim enemies like to put the most nasty plugs on her, and not to mention those damned cursed loot chests ... ;)

Yup.

I was thinking about keeping track of an annoyance factor and have your Spouse add requirements (first of course, always wear a belt, and if you are slightly annoying go out and buy a nasty plug). Of course, to insert it you can borrow a Chastity key for a couple of minutes...

The thing I'm looking at for a future update is a time-locked belt as a custom punishment ... the Dragonborn should have read the small print in the prenup... or collars that punish under specific conditions (distance, number of restraints, etc). Just equipping stuff is too easy a way to obtain the interesting equipment.

BTW... A test belt will be in the next update to test the interface and play around with it.

Also, expect some kind of release conditions, but then based on radiant quests ('buying dinner') or bribes with jewelry/magical weapons (depending on gender, slightly not-politically-correct :blush:) somewhere in the future.

• Also to contrast with being aroused not letting the player retrieve keys, perhaps an opposite could be made. The keys can only be retrieved if the player has above a certain amount of arousal ("I don't think you've been teased enough yet").

Hmmm... "no restraint keys unless you are really horny... Here you have the key to your belt to get worked up"? It's too easy to get arousal up to 100 and keep it there.

If not already in the mod (I couldn't see it) perhaps an option to tell the keyholder to hold onto the keys permanently rather than for a set period of time.

It is in there, under the option 'Until you have learned self-control'. However, at this time that truly disables the key retrieval (or at least for the next 10 in-game years or so). I am currently working on bribing options to offer an expensive way around that duration.

I've been messing around with the Creation Kit (I'm awful) and so could attempt to create some of these things myself if that sounds okay to you

Feel free to have fun with the mod and do with it whatever you like.

As a warning/small print: note that the MCM menu code looks horrible as it is generated, not manually written. A lot of the other code is also rather convoluted to be able to control/tweak the dialogs and work around the silliest of limitations that the CK/Skyrim imposes.

I'd be happy to reintegrate improvements.

Yup.

I was thinking about keeping track of an annoyance factor and have your Spouse add requirements (first of course, always wear a belt, and if you are slightly annoying go out and buy a nasty plug). Of course, to insert it you can borrow a Chastity key for a couple of minutes...

The thing I'm looking at for a future update is a time-locked belt as a custom punishment ... the Dragonborn should have read the small print in the prenup... or collars that punish under specific conditions (distance, number of restraints, etc). Just equipping stuff is too easy a way to obtain the interesting equipment.

BTW... A test belt will be in the next update to test the interface and play around with it.

Also, expect some kind of release conditions, but then based on radiant quests ('buying dinner') or bribes with jewelry/magical weapons (depending on gender, slightly not-politically-correct :blush:) somewhere in the future.

These are some very good ideas :)

Maybe your spouse could also have something which detects when you are unfaithful. She would gift it to you as a beautiful ring, necklace or collar, which magically detects and remembers all your sins. When you visit your spouse again if you sinned too much you might get some nasty punishment...

I finally managed to slay the last obvious bugs (an editor that bombs out at 900 lines? WTF?) and get a new version out...

For the people who are too hardcore even for keyholders... there is an (experimental) time-locked Chastity Belt included for evaluation purposes (all disclaimers apply).

Look for it in the Embershard mine or use the button in the MCM menu to obtain one.

Regarding the 4th dial -- it implements the tamper-proofing mechanism with the following options:

0: Disabled.

1: Provide negative reinforcement.

2: Add upto 4 hours to the timer.

3: Add upto 4 hours to the timer and provide negative reinforcement.

4: Add upto 1 day to the timer.

5: Add upto 1 day to the timer and provide negative reinforcement.

6: Add upto 2 days to the timer.

7: Add upto 2 days to the timer and provide negative reinforcement.

8: Add upto 1 week to the timer.

9: Add upto 1 week to the timer and provide negative reinforcement.

Punishments do stack. (Thanks to Mr. Pavlov.)

Look in the MCM menus for options to make the Dragonborn's life even harder.

I am still working on the negative reenforcement option -- previous versions could kill -- but that minor issue should be ironed out now :angel: . Promise... (keep a save handy)

The time lock belt is all kinds of awesome.

Hit a bug though. I set dial 3 to 'random'  and dial 4 to '7' (1-2 days + shock), but I wasn't getting any shocks and there was no indication that days were being added (no dial changes...not sure if they're supposed to). Seemed to work fine on my initial test run of 24 hours and dial 4 set to '3' (got shocked, anyway).

EDIT:

It was a config setting! I had added time turned off for random mode and punishment enabled, but there has to be time added for a punishment to apply.

Hi, this is a very interesting mod for sure. This might be a bit silly of a question, but is it safe for a normal playthrough, given its still a WIP? In other words, is the WIP in regards to missing features or unfixed bugs?

EDIT: Didnt see the small print. Was too small ;)

It should be very safe, apart from any yet undiscovered bugs.

Upgrades could be a bit wonky but I am doing all possible to avoid problems and maintain configuration/settings.

The time lock belt is all kinds of awesome.

Hit a bug though. I set dial 3 to 'random'  and dial 4 to '7' (1-2 days + shock), but I wasn't getting any shocks and there was no indication that days were being added (no dial changes...not sure if they're supposed to). Seemed to work fine on my initial test run of 24 hours and dial 4 set to '3' (got shocked, anyway).

EDIT:

It was a config setting! I had added time turned off for random mode and punishment enabled, but there has to be time added for a punishment to apply.

The belt is intended to give a small zap (which increases in strength if you attempt multiple times to twiddle the belt before closing the menu), even on setting 1. I will look into this to check if the base (0) level is excluded somehow. I did most tests on higher levels and did some major retweaking to handle the punishment while the menus were still open.

And indeed, random ignores dials 1, 2 and 4 and uses the settings from MCM exclusively. It was a last minute addition and I forgot to update the readme sheet on this.

Sorry.