Kendo 2's HDT High Heeled Boots for UNP

Are you ever going to do a high heeled dwarf boot? As far as I know that is the only armor that doesn't have a high heeled boot.

I have one started and I'm not happy with it.  The vanilla dwarven boots are a disaster to begin with so I'm taking parts and pieces from other dwarven armor set items and making something new.  It is on the back burner for the time being.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've used these since you put them up and forgot to say thanks.

I love lore friendly heels.

I had to tweak them at the calf a bit in 3DS to fit Sevenbase legs but even without the tweak they were more or less acceptable, there was just a tiny bit of a clip on full run extension with 7B calves and I tend to sperg out hard about stupid little things.

You said the boots didn't override the vanilla ones, will it someday be an option ?

Probably not going to happen.

I had to tweak them at the calf a bit in 3DS to fit Sevenbase legs but even without the tweak they were more or less acceptable, there was just a tiny bit of a clip on full run extension with 7B calves and I tend to sperg out hard about stupid little things.

They're gonna clip if you do that because I mod for one body, and that is UNP Jiggle (my spin-off of UNP).  That being said, the boots will work with defaut UNP/UNP_TBBP body meshes.  Anything else and it's gonna clip, because you're using it on a body it's not meant for.  There is no mention on the upload page for 7B support, because there isn't any.

You said the boots didn't override the vanilla ones, will it someday be an option ?

Probably not going to happen.

They're gonna clip if you do that because I mod for one body, and that is UNP Jiggle (my spin-off of UNP).  That being said, the boots will work with defaut UNP/UNP_TBBP body meshes.  Anything else and it's gonna clip, because you're using it on a body it's not meant for.  There is no mention on the upload page for 7B support, because there isn't any.

Right and thats fine, I'm more than capable of fitting meshes in 3DS on my own and I did. Its all good. I wasn't saying you'd done anything wrong, was just saying thanks and I liked them enough to mod them to the body I use.

Testing the waters on that peace here and breaking my wov to not post in your upload threads... ;)

I love these, they are so well made, they look absolutely fantastic! They are sexy while still at least plausible, unlike a lot of similar stuff. (While on this also, I love your UNP Jiggle Draugr armor, so much better than what Bethesda gave us, that alternate cloth version for females made no sense, they should have had Aela's armor as a separate armor.)

(Preface, haven't tried these in the game yet, apologies if it's already in.) Question however, is there any way to make them the default replacers for these armors, rather than new ones? I'm aware both that HDT on NPCs causes memory issues and that I won't be enchanting those boots or finding enchantments on them, but I'm willing to deal with those issues. Figuring it could make a very nice addon to the skimpy UNP armor mesh replacers.

Using them as replacers would require a fair amount of work and you won't like the results.  It can be done by either pathing the vanilla boots in an esp to my mesh folders or manually copying my meshes and renaming them to whatever the vanilla footwear is and pasting them into the vanilla file structure.  For the boots as replacers to work it would also require HDT spells with custom heights applied and not how I have them at default height.  That would allow them to be improved at the work bench and enchanted BUT any NPC you've already enountered would have their feet clipping into the ground.  If you were going to use them as replacers the best option would be to do that for a new play through.  But you still won't be happy with it.

The major problem is adding vanilla echantments to boots with the High Heels script effect on them.  The game will read one or the other, not both.  So say for instance the vanilla Leather Boots of Minor Sneaking already has the Fortify Sneak enchantment on them.  Since those boots use the base vanilla leather boots as a template they would no longer be enchanted.  For game purposes, they would be a 2000 gp pair of leather boots that clip into the ground.

There is no way around this and I have asked several people for help and ideas.  We all came to the same conclusion; enchantments added in the CK and the script effect will not work on the same pair of boots.  This really bummed me out because I spent almost a week on the Thieves Guild Boots meshes and they're useless as the game has them set up.  They look great as high heeled boots, but that's all they'll ever be.  That's why I haven't added them to the mod or done any updates.  High Heels are a novelty as far as game content goes since there is that one BIG limitation on them.

Aaaah, I see. That's a real shame, especially with the extra work. I'd love to see the thieves guild boots uploaded like these though if you feel like it.

To clarify, these issues come mainly as replacers right? If I were to enchant HDT boots with custom heights instead of the default HDT script applied, would it lose the HDT script and get stuck in the ground?

Thanks for your time and your work on this regardless, and for your reply. I'm not entirely certain if I have the ESP space for just boots given the niche angle and me currently being around the 253 or so amount of plugins... but I'm 100 % certain I can get Cid to include them in his Mega merger if you wouldn't mind that.

Also while at it thank you for the Naked Mage idea, added that just now to my loadorder, should go nicely with Untamed and Dangerously Nude and Succubus.

To do your own changes in my esp all you need is to add three spells with the heights 4.75, 6.00 and 7.3 (or there abouts).  The steel and dragon bone get 7.3, glass gets 6.00 and all the others get 4.75.  If you apply the custom heights to the boots in the CK you can improve them and enchant them just like normal footwear, you can put them in containers and the heights will still work.  And they will auto adjust for NPCs every time...in theory, that is.  They won't clip into the ground UNLESS you mess with them in the HDT High Heels MCM.  DON'T do that.  Anyway, these changes worked for me so no reason they shouldn't work for you.

I need to work on this mod some.  I just walked away from it and a lot of others.  I don't like Skyrim enough to seriously mod it any more.  :-/

Thanks, I would try that, but fucking steam refuses to believe my Skyrim is installed even (MO runs it fine) so no CK editing for me. I'll try it if I get CK running.

And really man, with everything going on lately and the baggage with this by now aged game, I seriously can't blame you for not finding the motivation. Least you're not ragequitting your mods and blocking them forever like certain Nexus modders!

Since you're tinkering, I always thought the Draugr/Nord Hero boot would look pretty damn cute with a chunky heel.

Not the weird leather version one that Bethesda decided to put on females though. But the bulkier boot like the one I swapped out to use with TheMinBlack's stuff when I converted it to 7B.

38020-1-1373143898.jpg

You can't really see the boot there but I'm sure you know the mesh.

I mean I suppose I could try doing this myself, but since you already have a project going and all, I thought I'd ask. Either way, still a nice lore friendly addition to the game and again, thanks for doing it.

I've looked at the male Nord Hero boot mesh before when I did the UNP Jiggle Draugr Armor mod.  I exploded the pieces and really didn't see anything that struck me.  I'll look again though since I still have those Blend files.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...