An issue Im having with my ENB~

stellasira

Hello~ thank you for taking the time to read this <3
So I have sharpshooters enb on my game and after messing with it for a while I got it to look mostly how I want but there is one thing that keeps bugging me, and Im not sure if its able to be fixed and if so how too. 
After I added the enb there ended up being this very very dark black shadow across the back of my character, and I do like the deep shadows but this is pretty much just a black shadow on my character and I get hardly any if at all detail below the shadow. If anyone knows what to do to maybe reduce the amount of shadow cast on my character I would really appreciate it.

This is with the enb on

ecd56261288bad473302b4a246a406c5.png

And this is with it off. And I would prefer the shadows on my character to be more like this.

b2850d4e9675f37c6a0f3ab0172e2cd2.png

Also another thing is that when I walk into a shaded area like under this bridge the shadow on my character gets brighter and I can see more detail. Cause you know logic and stuff x3. So it seems like its just when a shadow is cast on my character by a light source such as the sun or a lantern or something that shadow is extremely dark but all the other shadows are fine.

If anyone knows any way I might be able to make this work I would really appreciate any advice or help even if it makes all the other shadows brighter or w/e it just bothers me seeing almost solid black on my character. Thank you for reading and in advance for anyone who may be able to help me~  :heart:  :heart:

If you need any more information on my mods or anything just let me know Ill be happy to tell you anything I can to help ^-^

Under [Envirorment] settings in your EnbSeries.ini try messing with the ambient lighting for instance AmbientLightingIntensityDay=1.33 and messing with the contrast as well until you get the desired look make sure your gamma/brightness is set to the recommended setting for that enb most enb presets keep it at default.

Under [Envirorment] settings in your EnbSeries.ini try messing with the ambient lighting for instance AmbientLightingIntensityDay=1.33 and messing with the contrast as well until you get the desired look make sure your gamma/brightness is set to the recommended setting for that enb most enb presets keep it at default.

Thank you for the help :3 Ive been looking for a way to change that for a long time now but I was kinda scared to mess with the ini file cause I didnt wanna mess it up xD 

But just to be sure I have one more question. That setting just makes shadows lighter on everything, but I still enjoy the deeper shadows from the environment like under the bridge and trees and such. So is there a way to reduce the lighting on just the character?

But again thank you very much for telling me which setting it was that made it way better on my character, I can actually see her now x3  :heart:  :heart:

Thank you for the help :3 Ive been looking for a way to change that for a long time now but I was kinda scared to mess with the ini file cause I didnt wanna mess it up xD 

But just to be sure I have one more question. That setting just makes shadows lighter on everything, but I still enjoy the deeper shadows from the environment like under the bridge and trees and such. So is there a way to reduce the lighting on just the character?

But again thank you very much for telling me which setting it was that made it way better on my character, I can actually see her now x3  :heart:  :heart:

Try playing around with the sky lighting settings, if your ENB uses it. It will control shadow brightness outside.

Archived