Best tool to create NPC/followers and new characters ?

Lorphe

Hey guys, i used some tools like NPC editors etc to create NPC... but i can't have something good and detailed as if i was using the ingame showracemenu mods to create my own avatar for making a new standalone follower for exemple.

I want to know if there is a tool, "easy" to use with sliders and who can support the body/texture/hair mods etc ?

edit : hum i think im not in the good place but the forum lag so much i cant even do a proper research :s

I make everything in the CK first and then fine tune them with RaceMenu.  Learn the CK first since that is the foundation for character creation.  Things like RaceMenu and ECE are okay, but people rely on them too much, IMO.  Also to get the 'beautiful' NPCs you see in standalone followers require additional programs if they are made using RaceMenu and ECE.  If you can master the CK, it will be all you need.  The only thing I really use RaceMenu for is things like lip tint and other face color tweaks, since it is easier for player presets than making one from scratch and adding it as a tint option in the CK.

I make everything in the CK first and then fine tune them with RaceMenu.  Learn the CK first since that is the foundation for character creation.  Things like RaceMenu and ECE are okay, but people rely on them too much, IMO.  Also to get the 'beautiful' NPCs you see in standalone followers require additional programs if they are made using RaceMenu and ECE.  If you can master the CK, it will be all you need.

Then some people (like me) would like to create elves with CK with EEO-meshes. But the CK won't apply the meshes correctly, nor will it correctly apply eye colors.

What do these people do in that case then? Setting up inventory, AI, skills and such might be easy in CK but believe me, getting the looks right definitely is not easy.

Sure it is.  New head parts, new face and body texture sets, new armor addons for the custom NPC body parts; all of that is required whether using the CK alone or with an NPC face made with RM or ECE.  I have EEO type elves in my game with custom heads, body types and eyes.  It is just a matter of reading tutorials and looking at the esps of other modders to see how they did things.  There is no avoiding the leg work in the CK, and if using a face made with RM or ECE the learning curve only gets steeper.

The only follower related tutorial I know about was made from zzjay. And sorry but all due respect, that didn't help much at all in terms of appareance.

And I couldn't find any specific guide or tutorial that focuses on followers made with EEO meshesor any other custom meshes.

I also make my NPC follower in CK, what i do is first make a character in the game (i use race menu mod) after done i use the console command 'spf' to extract the face of that character.

Then i make a NPC is CK, weight, class, fighting style and stuff, (also make textures, head/body meshes, eyes,hairs entries etc) and then i import the extracted face and the select my custom made entries (selected head,hairs,eyes,eyebrows). Then you good to go, ctrl+f4 and the save the esp file.

The only thing i am missing from making my perfect npc followers, which is one of the most important thing for me, is the sliders (breasts, glute, head, bycep etc), I am a total noob when it comes to coding and scripting otherwise i'd have made a mod like race menu mod for npc already and the reason i think no one made one yet because it's difficult or close to impossible. But i really hope some makes a similar mod like race menu for NPCs.

I used Alternate Actor and that was a disaster for my NPCs, there were a lot of issue with it and unabled to use.. 

The only follower related tutorial I know about was made from zzjay. And sorry but all due respect, that didn't help much at all in terms of appareance.

And I couldn't find any specific guide or tutorial that focuses on followers made with EEO meshesor any other custom meshes.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Using_a_face_made_with_Chargen_Extension_on_an_NPC_for_Skyrim

It says it's for chargen extension but the principle is the same.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/412/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/413/?

Those two are by Nuska and linked from the EEO page itself; so with all due respect, you just didn't bother looking.

The only thing i am missing from making my perfect npc followers, which is one of the most important thing for me, is the sliders (breasts, glute, head, bycep etc)

When I was playing New Vegas I asked a programmer friend of mine if it would be possible to take the armor and weapon system in the NV GECK and add it to the FO3 GECK (since I like FO3 and hate the NV story lines).  My reasoning was the games are 99.99% the same.  It should be possible.  He told me it was possible if someone has the Bethesda source code, knows how to do it, and is willing to basically reinvent the GECK.

I'm assuming the same thing would be true for adding sliders to the CK, since you'd be adding new interfaces and that would require Bethesda's code (which only they have).  I'm just guessing though.  I don't know for certain.

Archived