Request,

Alright lets get this strait.I have spent the last 4 months trying to perfect a Illusionist character.I heard things about Illusionist are Over powered an at times completely invincible.LIES! ALL LIES!

Illusionist are the worst class design i have ever seen.First off i remember back when illusionist had one spell cast a fire effect on a target.Some people claimed that was too Overpowered.So you get 3 spells.

Charm

Frenzy

Fear

None of these abilities Kill all of your enemies.One of them is always alive an is most likely the toughest who hits the hardest.You literally cannot kill ANYTHING as an Illusionist.

Lets put this into perspective.You cast fire on a Dragur Deathlord.The death lord feels damage.How is that any different from an Illusionist casting the same thing?

It isn't.Illusions are directed at the mind.To the point a person literally thinks his skin is on fire.it starts to get burn marks an bubbles an they go into shock.Their heart beats faster an they may have a heartattack.Illusions can kill.I creat a magical illusionary dragonIf he chomps on your ribcage you feel your ribs snap crackel an pop!Note this.You cant affect brainless Dragur until you have 90 Skill in Illusions.That is complete bullpucky!

If i cast a spell that makes you think worms are crawling out of your skin then nose then eyes then mouth you literally think it is happening!So why is it you only get these spells?None of them are attacks.So i finished creating my character.I choose a female this time because i never played as a female an i wanted to hear the new dialog.I made her an Illusionist an then Familiar Faces came out.So i decided to add her to my list of characters......

All she does is punch.Punch enemies.That is it.No script instructions to cast Cround control spells.No fear when the player or herself gets low health.No Frenzy to make enemies attack each other.No calm spell when you have 4 or more targets.She would calm one.Nope.No functions at all.She just runs up an starst punching.I Set her from Default to Mystic.She cast conjuration spells.That is about it.There are no scripted functions for Illusionist.So my request is this.

Can someone please address this by making some illusion spells an creating a patch for Unofficial Skyrim patch or something in compatibility please?Post below what can be done.Via by design.An thank you.

i don't have the solution, but i do have a thought.

in D&D there is a class called a beguiler, who casts these "shadow spells" things - and they work on if you believe they are real. for example, if this guy casts "shadow fire anal dildo" on you, you will take full fire damage from the flaming dildo up your ass - UNLESS - you make a will save and do not believe it is a real fire dildo. if you do not believe it is a real fire dildo then you're just like "haha, nice fake fire dildo fucker here tell me what battleaxe tastes like"

i think that is the main reason illusionist is not really built out as a combat primary skill.

players would all be like man i cast shadow fire anal dildo on alduin and it didn't do anything!

That is the thing.The character cast nothing.She just punches.There are no functions for the class Mystic.All they do is melee.She never cast anything.I would say " Well that sounds like a bug."No a bug would have side effects.This is a clear sign there are no functions for Illusion casting.Mystics would use weapons before casting anything.The character eventually dug into herself an cast Conjuration spells.Either this was a defense design or she automatically changed classes to use something else.

ANYTHING ELSE Other than The slew of Illusion spells she had.This being said i need scripts.Someone to make a Illusion class design for NPCs/Followers.They do not have to say anything.Just a simple design that says I WILL CAST (Spell) when in combat or sneaking or what not.An i mean this as in If i engage an NPC who is an Illusionist.

They will cast a illusion spell on me that makes me lose control an go into an AI state where my character under a fear spell runs away.Like a Warlock in World of Warcraft.AOE fear spells work that way.My character should be affected by Illusions just like NPC's should.

I am so going to attempt this, and by attempt I mean Create illusion spells that do vanilla effects such as Calm but also have a burn/shock/freeze effect! Great idea I never thought of illusion as weak seeing as with a decent sneak, calm, and frenzy you can go through skyrim (*main quest) as a pacifist

Have you looked at Apocalypse Spells ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16225) ?  Seems to have some Illusion spells that have some of the effects discussed:

--)- ILLUSION -(--

+ NOVICE +
Counterspell Counter target spell, draining mana.
Ghostwalk Gain invisiblity. When broken, you teleport back to the cast point.
Scared to Death (MA) Curses a target to die of fright when you equip a spell more powerful than its Health.

+ APPRENTICE +
Backlash Counter target spell, redirecting it to harm the target or help you.
Curse of the Silent Target gradually loses Magicka until it casts a spell.
Dispel Magic Remove all magical effects.
Illusory Flames Concentrate to deal temporary percentage damage to a target.
Mind Vision See through the eyes of a target.
Reveal Detection (MA) Illuminates those nearby who can detect you.
Thoughtsteal Steal the spells of a target to cast for yourself.

+ ADEPT +
Blood for Blood Killer of target corpse is reduced to 1 Health.
Compelling Whispers Concentrate to gradually convert a target to your side.
Evil Twin Concentrate to summon angry ghost clones of nearby targets.
Figment of Guilt Creates a phantom copy of a target, damage taken is transferred.
Iron Maiden (MA) Deals temporary percentage damage to a target.
Pale Moon Invokes a magical battle rage in self and allies, but lose Magicka when struck.
Shadowbond Caster and target gain invisibility. When broken, they swap position.

+ EXPERT +
Cloak of Mimicry Cloak copies nearby spells cast.
Dim Vision (MA) Curses nearby targets to have a harder time detecting you while sneaking.
Empathic Agony Curses targets to take damage when the caster takes damage.
Enslave the Weak Turns a weakened enemy into a permanent ally.
Lobotomize Curses targets to take damage when they lose Magicka.
Mind Control Gain movement control over the target.
Vanish Disengage from combat after a short time.

+ MASTER (REQUIRES RITUAL SPELL QUEST) +
Death March Enemies take temporary percentage damage unless they move.
Hidden Cobra Target is reduced to 1 Health upon leaving combat.
Magicka Void Targets have their Health percentage reduced to their Magicka percentage.
Mirror Entity Creates a mirror copy of the target, which you control.
Reave All cursed targets take damage when one dies.
Scream of Pain Enemy health percentage is temporarily reduced to caster health Percentage.
Shroudwalk Gain invisibility. When broken, invisibility is regained quickly.
Twilight Zone Teleports caster and target to Evergloam for a fight to the death.

The ones marked with an [MA] come from the optional pack the requires SKSE.

I did look at Apocalypse Spells an they were far from useful.OreoHeaven if you could i would be really happy.An thank you.Because there really is no reason for a class design to just not be there.

An i mean this for NPCs as well.I am using Organized Bandits  right now.You never see them use anything but damage spells.Years of playing.Never though about it.World of Warcraft has NPCs cast fear.But an Scribe in game never cast it..

It never hit me that they did not connect to the base function of the game as an attack.If anything when an NPC cast fear he goes for the strongest NPCs by default.But it would depend on you what makes more sense.Would it attack the one with the lowest heath/Most heath/Or most weapon damage in their hand.

Charm i am guessing would be just like in WoW.It gives the player some time to bandage an regain mana.But in Skyrim Give them time to recover Magicka an heal other followers.Or get out of there before the spell wears off.An if you really think Illusion is powerful.Try going through some doors.You will be quite angry.

I cannot talk about making NPCs / followers use illusions. My post is purely about player illusionists.

I have recently played an illusionist using Mighy Magick Skyrim, in my opinion the best magic overhaul available for Skyrim. The spells are well balanced and not too fancy, so they feel like they could belong to vanilla Skyrim. While I did not finish the play-through because I got bored after reaching about 95 in Illusion skill, the character was very powerful.

Using a combination of calm, fury and dominate spells I was able to reduce the numbers of any bandit group. The fact that the mod moves paralyze spells into the illusion school was not bad, either - the duration of a dual-cast paralyzation spell is long enough that you can kill the last remaining opponent with any other means you want. My most favorite line of spells are the phantasms though. Phantasms are targeted spells that you cast on an opponent. They cause an illusionary summon effect, a 'summoned' monster, to appear and attack the targeted enemy. The damage is real - phantasms are deadly illusions, and friends of the targeted enemy will see them too (and fight them) so they can cause a lot of chaos. The drawback is that the phantasm disappears once its primary target is dead.

In addition the mod has a spell 'phantom wound' that reduces the max health of an enemy, possibly killing it if you manage to reduce them to zero, and a similar spell reducing the max mana (ever seen mighty necromancers attacking you with an iron dagger? :-D).

And now the bad news: First of all, constructs, atronachs, and draugrs/skeletons are immune to illusions until get the perk at Illusion skill 90. Second, dragons are completely immune against all illusions in Skyrim, and it looks like there is nothing a mod can do to fix this. So if you play an illusionist you need a secondary source of damage to fix these problems, for example archery or destruction. Lightning spells worked well for me, they hit instantly so you can zap dragons when they fly by, and resistance to lightning is very rare so you can get away with only spending perks on lightning in the destruction tree and ignoring fire/frost to have more perks available for illusion.

Have you looked at Apocalypse Spells ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16225) ?  Seems to have some Illusion spells that have some of the effects discussed:

--)- ILLUSION -(--

+ NOVICE +

Counterspell Counter target spell, draining mana.

Ghostwalk Gain invisiblity. When broken, you teleport back to the cast point.

Scared to Death (MA) Curses a target to die of fright when you equip a spell more powerful than its Health.

+ APPRENTICE +

Backlash Counter target spell, redirecting it to harm the target or help you.

Curse of the Silent Target gradually loses Magicka until it casts a spell.

Dispel Magic Remove all magical effects.

Illusory Flames Concentrate to deal temporary percentage damage to a target.

Mind Vision See through the eyes of a target.

Reveal Detection (MA) Illuminates those nearby who can detect you.

Thoughtsteal Steal the spells of a target to cast for yourself.

+ ADEPT +

Blood for Blood Killer of target corpse is reduced to 1 Health.

Compelling Whispers Concentrate to gradually convert a target to your side.

Evil Twin Concentrate to summon angry ghost clones of nearby targets.

Figment of Guilt Creates a phantom copy of a target, damage taken is transferred.

Iron Maiden (MA) Deals temporary percentage damage to a target.

Pale Moon Invokes a magical battle rage in self and allies, but lose Magicka when struck.

Shadowbond Caster and target gain invisibility. When broken, they swap position.

+ EXPERT +

Cloak of Mimicry Cloak copies nearby spells cast.

Dim Vision (MA) Curses nearby targets to have a harder time detecting you while sneaking.

Empathic Agony Curses targets to take damage when the caster takes damage.

Enslave the Weak Turns a weakened enemy into a permanent ally.

Lobotomize Curses targets to take damage when they lose Magicka.

Mind Control Gain movement control over the target.

Vanish Disengage from combat after a short time.

+ MASTER (REQUIRES RITUAL SPELL QUEST) +

Death March Enemies take temporary percentage damage unless they move.

Hidden Cobra Target is reduced to 1 Health upon leaving combat.

Magicka Void Targets have their Health percentage reduced to their Magicka percentage.

Mirror Entity Creates a mirror copy of the target, which you control.

Reave All cursed targets take damage when one dies.

Scream of Pain Enemy health percentage is temporarily reduced to caster health Percentage.

Shroudwalk Gain invisibility. When broken, invisibility is regained quickly.

Twilight Zone Teleports caster and target to Evergloam for a fight to the death.

The ones marked with an [MA] come from the optional pack the requires SKSE.

By the way when i said far from useful i mean for FOLLOWERS and NPCs.Not me.Followers.

Like if i said.You know what ill take Jz`argo today.He is suppose to be an Illusionist.Guess what.He cast only 2 spells.He only knows 2 spells.Pretty much useless.Then again.The same can be said for priest design.How priest like Erander does not heal you.An more than often wont heal himself.What i am saying there are no scripts or functions to do something when a spell is in a follower or random NPC who is not in your group to cast a spell that by game design is useful in combat.

• 3 weeks later...

Want to make a continuation of this post.I think you actually have to create a different post but.If someone is working on NPCs using Alteration and Restoration tree please let us know.

An i want to make it clear.If you take Erander in your group.An mod him to JUST HAVE 20 more high level spells on his character design.He will actually use those healing spells based on how much Magicka he has.

Now to say i give an Illusion set of spells.Lets say 18 Spells on a NPC or Follower.They will either look for a weapon to attack,Run away,Or Punch an enemy,even Dragons.BROKEN.

This is the subject of the post.I have Orginized bandits installed.None of them have illusion spells equiped.

If they had it an there was a function for them to use it against me.That would be a challenge.Having it where my follower was an Illusionist.They would be able to provide Crowd control.A very needed thing is a lot of situations.Particularly in dougeons.

I am so going to attempt this, and by attempt I mean Create illusion spells that do vanilla effects such as Calm but also have a burn/shock/freeze effect! Great idea I never thought of illusion as weak seeing as with a decent sneak, calm, and frenzy you can go through skyrim (*main quest) as a pacifist

For Followers and if Possible NPCs.If it is scripted right.Random mob generatiors should be able to scrip NPCs to be Illusionist that have a few spells on them.Fearing the player,Freezing them inplace,Hitting them with some Horror strike.Lowering moral or something.

This would be writen something along the lines of .

Player gets hit.AI takes over.

Player seeks shelter an cringes.But will not leave zone.

At this point it is hard for me to remember the Fear spells from World of Warcraft.How they affect the player.Usually they just run around like a chickens with there heads cut off.

With followers this should work the same.The problem is getting NPCs that were designed to be Illusionist to use additional spells and get them to use them in combat.Against a dragon.Probably they would just use Wards which are Alteration an not Illusionary shields.So yeah.Some help on this is very appresiated.

Archived