Best looking NPC overhaul

The sogs v5 faces look fine, but anyone else notice some of them look weird when they talk? Some of them have holes in their chin when they open their mouth, and sometimes there are some with weird bucktooth. Is there a way to make this look better? Would teeth replacers make it look better?

I'm apparently already using the teeth that came with fair skin. Any other teeth sets that look better with sogs?

had SOGS and sidearmf's mods working together (i think) then i built a merge patch and it's all gone to hell, lots of grey faces.  i'm sure there's some smooth way of fixing all the issues with tes5edit but until i figure out how to do that i'm just wondering if making sure the merge patch doesn't integrate the overhaul mods would work?

When you create your merged patch, before saving it check the Non-Player Character tree, you will see what modifications tes5edit carries over and what overwrites what.

tried making merge without the npc overhaul mods to no benefit, so now i'm going through tes5edit and trying to make sense of overwrites.  looking at npc's i know that had issues (aela, serana) i'm seeing immersive weapons seems to be overwriting lots character data back to vanilla skyrim basic?  does that make any sense?

edit:  ok now i'm just not sure whats going on at all.  taking a closer look at alea i can see that the skin texture and body mesh dont match (areola color above nipple, odd stretchey mark around hips), which doesn't make any sense because i replaced both of them in SOGS with the base body and textures i use.  i'll try reinstalling and using included body and textures and see if that does anything.

When you create your merged patch, before saving it check the Non-Player Character tree, you will see what modifications tes5edit carries over and what overwrites what.

tried making merge without the npc overhaul mods to no benefit, so now i'm going through tes5edit and trying to make sense of overwrites.  looking at npc's i know that had issues (aela, serana) i'm seeing immersive weapons seems to be overwriting lots character data back to vanilla skyrim basic?  does that make any sense?

IIRC, Immersive Weapons takes its NPCs data from Skyrim.esm including appearance data so if it's lower in your load order, it's logical that your NPCs are reverted to their vanilla looks. It's better to do the opposite: put IW high in your load order, your overhaul mods will overwrite it, then you will only have to overwrite that in your merged patch with IW relevant changes, which means NPC's weapons.

Here's a video that shows how to import USKP changes to a Bijin mod, mods covered here are not important, what is important is the process of importing data from one esp (or even several) to the other.

Hope that it will help you, I feel like my explanations are not crystal clear, sorry if that's indeed the case. I have not skyrim installed atm so I'm writing this from memory. If you feel like my help isn't the best feel free to tell me, I'll reinstall it and write some sort of tutorial.

had SOGS and sidearmf's mods working together (i think) then i built a merge patch and it's all gone to hell, lots of grey faces.  i'm sure there's some smooth way of fixing all the issues with tes5edit but until i figure out how to do that i'm just wondering if making sure the merge patch doesn't integrate the overhaul mods would work?

Sounds more like you have other mods or each other overwriting their facegendata and esp load order must be the same as well.

IIRC, Immersive Weapons takes its NPCs data from Skyrim.esm including appearance data so if it's lower in your load order, it's logical that your NPCs are reverted to their vanilla looks. It's better to do the opposite: put IW high in your load order, your overhaul mods will overwrite it, then you will only have to overwrite that in your merged patch with IW relevant changes, which means NPC's weapons.

Here's a video that shows how to import USKP changes to a Bijin mod, mods covered here are not important, what is important is the process of importing data from one esp (or even several) to the other.

Hope that it will help you, I feel like my explanations are not crystal clear, sorry if that's indeed the case. I have not skyrim installed atm so I'm writing this from memory. If you feel like my help isn't the best feel free to tell me, I'll reinstall it and write some sort of tutorial.

thanks for that, especially the video, it's actually answered a lot of questions i've had about tes5edit.  i do have two more though.

first, the first part of that video talks about patching in the ability for aela or other modified npc to be able to transform into werewolves/vamp lords.  i can see that being needed for npc modified by SOGS since it changes the path for npc it modifies to non vanilla pathways, my question is would i point it to the vanilla parts like the video suggested if i use the female werewolf replacer found here at loverslab?

second is really just to clarify.  the key parts i don't want other mods to overwrite from npc replacers would be areas like head parts, head texture, face parts, and things like that found in tes5edit?

oh, a third one now.  something i'm consistantly seeing in tes5edit when i'm looking at SOGS.esp.  in WNAM - worn armor its got a listing of _SOGSimperialskinnakedSSG..., i'm just wondering if thats in reference to its non vanilla body mesh/texture files?

1/ I don't use werewolf replacer so I couldn't tell. If your replacer use same paths as vanilla then yes it should work, you can check that with tes5edit, or ask the modder.

2/ yes exactly, all those parts concern aesthetics so make sure nothing overwrite them and/or that you import data from the mod you want into your merged patch(and that said mod's files are not overwritten of course). On a side note, beware of bashed patch as it can overwrite your overhaul mods and import parts from other mods, be sure to create your merged patch after your bashed patch - then don't forget to delete leveled items and leveled NPCs trees from your merged patch before saving it.

3/ I don't use SOGS myself but yes, most likely. When you want an NPC to have its own body parts and textures, you actually create an "armor" in the CK with body meshes and textures you want to use for it. You can check that by loading the esp and looking at armor/armor addons.

huh, thought you build the merge patch before the bash patch.  i didn't realize the bash patch actually did anything more then combine leveled lists. 

(does a little reading)

since all you really care about from the bash patch is leveled lists, would it be fine to just load the merge patch after the bash patch making sure to remove the leveled list data from the merge patch first?

Just so we are both on the same page, I just downloaded all 7 files for the JH Bandit replacer. 6 archives numbered 1 - 6 and one 7zip archive called Loosefile.

I moved these to a new folder. I opened up WinRar (you should be able to do the exact same thing in 7Zip), selected the 001 file and extracted into this folder. It then proceeded to unzip all the other archives into a folder called bandit2.7z. That's where all the files are now except for this other archive you have called Loosefile.

Extract that into its own folder... in this folder.

Drill down into the bandit2 folder til you get to the bottom. That's where the Meshes, Textures and bandit esp is.

Now create a folder in here called Data. Drag these 3 other files into this Data folder.

Now go back to the root of the folder, where the Loosefile archive is. Extract that into it's own folder.

Drill down into the Loosefile folder until you get the Textures folder.

Copy this folder, paste it into the Data folder you created. Merge the two Texture folders.

Now go up one level, so you are looking at your Data folder.

Now you can create an archive with 7zip that will allow you to install this mod with a mod manager. I personally don't use any compression when I create archives. The uncompressed size of this archive should be 519 MB, if you followed my steps properly.

You can apply this same logic to any of these archives.

Hi all, is there a way or path

to download and open it easyer?

Sorry, mein Englisch war schon mal besser. Mir fehlt eigentlich nur noch die "Bandit2- Version" - aber ich kann fragen wen ich will - keiner kennt sich mit dem entpacken von 001 - ... Datei-Formaten aus.

Habe es mit 7-Zip und Win-Rar versucht - bin aber kläglich gescheitert. (... open it in a Folder ...!???) Kann man die Bandit2 - Version nicht irgendwo anders und in einem anderen Format herunterladen? Über einen Hinweis würden sich bestimmt auch andere sehr, sehr freuen. Danke.

-

Anyone managed to get anything to work other than npc  and the ones that add new npcs? I'm talking about dragonborn dlc and the companions part of Sidearms' mods.
I install it but they still have the same face structure with slightly darker face. 
I have SBF all in one and load the other mods after that. :7

Okay so there is a link to the download of the SOGS mod with 100 npc replacers.
But how do you install all of the other once.

This reminds me, in case you didn't browse much the blog there are also other female overhauls by the same author (therefore with the same issues :lol: )

Female Bandits

Dawnguard

Thalmor

Forsworn

And for a mod called Populated Skyrim Civil War http://blog.naver.com/sidearmf93/90189411188

All of this combined with Feminized Level Lists make Skyrim a better place to be, definitely.

Can't really understand :( 

Also you who have managed to make them work. IS it just to install and run loot or will there be a lot of bug fixes?

so i've gotten everything looking good now!  i've set up a mixture of skykids children fix for children, sidearms93 for as many npc as possible, SOGS to catch anything sidearms93 missed, and ultimate npc overhaul for everything else.  mostly through a combination of load order rules, shifting overwrites, and building a custom merge patch; but everything looks good now. 

i do have one question though, has anyone tried using citrus head with SOGS?  looking at the topic for citrus head it says not to use with mods that overwrite .tri files, which SOGS does, but what would that actually do?  and could i just copy something over to SOGS to get it to work?

This reminds me, in case you didn't browse much the blog there are also other female overhauls by the same author (therefore with the same issues :lol: )

Female Bandits

Dawnguard

Thalmor

Forsworn

And for a mod called Populated Skyrim Civil War http://blog.naver.com/sidearmf93/90189411188

All of this combined with Feminized Level Lists make Skyrim a better place to be, definitely.

Also you who have managed to make them work. IS it just to install and run loot or will there be a lot of bug fixes?

are you asking how you download them, thats covered in the topic already.  if you're asking how to install them well they install like any other mod but they don't pair well with SOGS, you'll have to carry over certain npc appearances manually to get everything to work.

so i've gotten everything looking good now! i've set up a mixture of skykids children fix for children, sidearms93 for as many npc as possible, SOGS to catch anything sidearms93 missed, and ultimate npc overhaul for everything else. mostly through a combination of load order rules, shifting overwrites, and building a custom merge patch; but everything looks good now.

i do have one question though, has anyone tried using citrus head with SOGS? looking at the topic for citrus head it says not to use with mods that overwrite .tri files, which SOGS does, but what would that actually do? and could i just copy something over to SOGS to get it to work?

Female Bandits

Dawnguard

Thalmor

Forsworn

are you asking how you download them, thats covered in the topic already. if you're asking how to install them well they install like any other mod but they don't pair well with SOGS, you'll have to carry over certain npc appearances manually to get everything to work.

Okay thanks then I think I skip it my npcs look decent already :)

so i've gotten everything looking good now! i've set up a mixture of skykids children fix for children, sidearms93 for as many npc as possible, SOGS to catch anything sidearms93 missed, and ultimate npc overhaul for everything else. mostly through a combination of load order rules, shifting overwrites, and building a custom merge patch; but everything looks good now.

i do have one question though, has anyone tried using citrus head with SOGS? looking at the topic for citrus head it says not to use with mods that overwrite .tri files, which SOGS does, but what would that actually do? and could i just copy something over to SOGS to get it to work?

Female Bandits

Dawnguard

Thalmor

Forsworn

are you asking how you download them, thats covered in the topic already. if you're asking how to install them well they install like any other mod but they don't pair well with SOGS, you'll have to carry over certain npc appearances manually to get everything to work.

Okay thanks then I think I skip it my npcs look decent already :)

Do i need to install those mods in a specific order or doesnt that matter?

Thank you. I'm starting to test some new game mods, but give me problems:

Donyakinn: Works well, it looks perfect.

NPC 85: elves are wrinkled faces

Dawnguard: Dark faces (use VTF textures, Better Vampire Fang and Eyes, Pale Vampire Porcelaine and Hot Vampires).

sidearm's mods have been tailored for SG textures, and I never used his mods without them or derivated from them like Eihei textures, therefore I have no idea how it can result with others textures sets.

For your dark faces problem, be sure no other esp overrides it. Otherwise you will have to make a (merged) patch as I explained above.

Replace the elf femalehead.msn for elves with another one.

Thank you. I could solve the problem of the elven women.

But I still have some problems:

Look:

xZa3uQx.jpg

Nilsine Shatter-Shield: He is the only character that happens

Yes. I have installed SG female Eyebrows

In addition, some characters have bad mouth and teeth, but not explain it well, look:

ZDuE3pO.jpg

IPPgs62.jpg

CvA9vuJ.jpg

KHQa2b8.jpg

I can not explain, but the mouth of some women are strange

And very big teeth

If people are still searching I recommend to download NPCs of Dibella which will replace all the NPCs in the game including DLCs.

I also suggest overwriting the Wives in the game with Bijin Wives as they are made extremely well and to also overwrite a few other characters with Bijin Warmaidens.

I currently have these installed with no conflicts or errors. Just make sure to put NPCs of Dibella before the Bijin mods in your load order!