@LoganWolverine

That simply isn't true.  UV Num Set for skin IS NOT 4097. It is 1.   Whatever tutorial that is, that part is wrong.  And you NEVER update the tangent spaces in a Skyrim nif.  It wrecks the meshes.  Player made meshes need to have the same values as the original vanilla Skyrim meshes.  What some modders are doing is setting the values in nif scope to what works with exported FO3 meshes, since Skyrim meshes have to be hacked in and out of Blender.  Once the are exported they are for all intent and purposes FO3 meshes.  When the versions numbers are changed back to what works with Skyrim, all of that FO3 information in the nif is dead.

If anyone doubts what I'm saying, feel free to look at the vanilla Skyrim femalebody_0 or _1.  The values on my meshes are set to that standard because that is correct.  This is Skyrim and it is unforgiving.  It is not almost-anything-will-work FO3 or Oblivion.

Bigger as in thicker?  Or bigger as in just bigger?

Just bigger, maybe twice or thrice as they are now, because I can hardly see them with the current size, especially the navel piercings.

One more thing, your body have a big clipping issue with the restrictive gloves in Devious Device Asset. If i switch back to the standard unp body, the issue gone, so I'm pretty sure beside the boobs and hip, your arms size is also changed. Could you take a look at this?

Really appreciate your work :)

Okay, I don't know what Restrictive Gloves are so evidently they are something recent.  In any event, I'm not redoing the body for the sake of one pair of gloves.  Someone needs to make a mesh replacer for the gloves that will fit this body, or I'll do it when I have time/feel up to it.

Gotta say I'm loving this! Breasts are bigger than regular UNP but smaller than the UNPB, seem just right!

Just a few questions:

1. How can you change the sizes on the model? I know you can do it but I don't have a clue how.

2. The piercings are put over as part of the mod, or are they like accesories like amulets that you can take off whenever you want?

1. Just use the weight slider in-game to adjust body size as usual.

2. The piercings and extras are not part of the main mod.  They are jewelry mods for the body and not required.  I just put them on the page so downloaders could instantly have content for the body mod.

I also have three outfits uploaded here at LL.  Just search my name and then my uploads.

blah, it's made specifically for the game I play, by people, the same kind of people who make every other program. I suppose that because it's easier that rubs some people wrongly. I can and do use blender, but why when OS does it so much quicker, easier and IHMO better.

All of that outfitstudio/bodyslide jazz is fine, for someone else.  I don't care if people who are using it can't make new meshes and have to rely on what modders make.  There have always been content leeches so it is nothing new.  One thing though, if I make something and it isn't a resource I have control over how it is used and modded after the fact.  I welcome CBBE conversions for anything I make, provided it is done properly.  If people can't be assed to use 3DMax or Blender then I can't be assed to give them permission to use my content.

And I've looked at meshes ran through Outfit Studio in Blender and they are totally fucked.  The XYZ axis are wrong, the tangents are wrong, the partions are wrong, decapitation is missing and all of the vertice wieghts are useless.  Outfit Studio is a tool for PLAYERS to covert outfits, and that's all it is.  If Outfit Studio is 'the shit' then I'd be using it.  And I'm not.

I don't disagree, it's not meant to make new meshes, it's meant to simply and quickly convert existing meshes to other body shapes, nothing more. I don't think anyone is saying it's a real creation tool. I also don't  consider it leaching if the original modder doesn't want to make a conversion and gives permission for others to make conversions of their work. I've even been asked to do it because the original modder didn't want to bother.

I don't ask for any credit, in fact you might have a look at my comment sections for the conversions I've done where I make it quite clear all credit goes to the original modder. Your attitude really is poor in this regard. I'm not trying to be offensive but you more or less accuse people of being thieves without even knowing them or having any proof. Here's where most would insert some obligatory insult but I'm not going too. Have a nice day with your mods. Good Luck.

I really don't want to argue about it either, BUT I'm not calling anyone a thief.  Content leeching isn't thievery, simply put it is taking something someone else made and not offering anything in return.  And from what I've seen of OutfitStudio/BodySlide that is exactly what it is.  People are taking things others made and not offering anything back to modding other than the body mod fans they're catering to.

And the ramifications of this modding fad really won't hit home until the next moddable Bethesda Game gets released.  People who might have the skill sets for modding a new game aren't learning the tools needed to mod.  They are taking the easy route with things like OutfitStudio.  The way things used to be, if someone wanted an outfit converted from one body to another they used 3DMax or Blender.  If they were motivated enough they would learn those programs if they didn't know beforehand.  Today, I don't see that happening and when the next game comes out the people with the needed skill sets will be fewer, since they are relying on things like OutfitStudio instead of learning to manuever in a actual 3d modelling program.  The next great body modder might be out there somewhere, but he's tinkering with OutfitStudio and stagnating with a good-for-one-game-only program.

IMHO, people should learn to use things like PhotoShop, GIMP, Blender and 3DMax.  Those programs are what drive modding.

I don't fully disagree with you, but I do think you're over-thinking it. It is definitely true that more "noobs" try and maybe use Outfit Studio first before they try to jump right into a real 3D program, and that's exactly what it was made for. I don't think there will be less Blender/3ds max users, if anything they will be more motivated to dig deeper into 3D modelling because they could take a first step into it using OS.

Apart from the weight copying quality, OS shouldn't be that bad (anymore) now that I've spent the last 2 years fixings issues. It's a tool for easier automation. Modelling can't be fully, properly automated. That's not OS' point.

The Blender scripts still need a lot of work as well for Skyrim. The alpha plugins for Blender 2.70 are better already. You can also always take the fast conversions you made in OS and improve them further in your preferred 3D program.

If I were you, I would take a look at conversions people try to make of your mods and THEN judge if they suck or not, no matter what they were made with.

• 4 weeks later...

Great stuff as Usual Kendo. I have been using this for some time, works quite well, I think 2 DDA Items clip with it, two of the newer Item's "I think restrictive gloves, and the Corset" DD has never been very TBBP oriented anyway, and it is the belly node's that Clip on the Corset.

As to the restrictive Gloves, I don'r think they were wieghted right for full motion anyway, I think that were intender to be used like the ArmBinder.

Something i have not seen yet, Is the pregnancy event, I have ran a few mods that should have made the belly appear, as pregnant, but I have yet to see the increase in size.  Body slide seems to work fine.

My skeleton may have gotten swapped, somehow, I know in NifSkope it show's that the belly bone is there, but still it could have gotten messed up by something, so hard to tell for sure what skeleton you have with out just swapping it. For me it is anyway, and so many Mods swap your skeleton during install, and never tell you :(

I'm no longer using any DD mods so I have no idea what the team is doing/changing/working on.

Something I do on a somewhat regular basis now is reinstalling the XP32 Max Compatibility Skeleton using NMM.  That and reinstalling the HDT Physics files.  I got tired of being sabotaged by the game.

I'm glad you like the body enough to keep it installed.  I'm really happy with how it turned and how it performs and it's all I use.  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one  :D

Or 'ones' as the case may be.  :P

Am i the only one having clipping issue with rubber gloves (when running) and piercings ?  Otherwise, this body is close to perfection  :)

Those are not the DD nipple piercings for this body.  They are the default ones.  You need to download the mesh replacers I just updated.  And I think there are some clipping issues with some of the newer DD hand wear.  I no longer use DD or any mods dependent on it.  Right now I'm playing a male toon who is not a mage.  DD is a female mod and based in the College of Winterhold.  No reason for me to have it installed right now.

Regardless I'm glad you like the mod enough to use it.  Thanks for that.  :)

Hey Kendo,

It's been awhile since I seen you around... then again, I am not that active myself so that may explain it ;)

I think the last time we spoke was when we both were moderators on Exnem's site.... a short lived site to my surprise....not.

Anyway mate, it's good to see you and I am ever so glad I found your mod here that you created and shared with us.

Been using it now for about a week and I LOVE IT. No issue what-so-ever for this fella.

One thing I noticed right off was like you said, this addressed much of the animation vs body deformation.... Awesome !

Anyway, just wanted to pop a message of support to a fella I respect.

Regards man and take care.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...