Devious Attributes [Idea, development plan]

m.skynet

I've been looking for some time at Skyrim modding, playing with Papyrus scripts and with CK. Since you can learn properly only by doing something meaningful, I've decided to try and create something useful along the way.

The following is a rough plan for mod mechanics. I would welcome any suggestions, opinions and advices. I have not yet invested too much time into this, so making changes to the design is easy at this point.

This is inspired by CoC Prisoner mod and Skyrim mod that implements Morrowind/Oblivion style character attributes (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13968/?)

Devious Attributes

A framework designed to bring more immersion and consequences to enslavement scenarios. Ideally, I would like to integrate this framework into mechanics of existing player sub frameworks (SD+, Maria Eden)

Three new character stats will be tracked:

• Willpower - regenerating stat that will be used to calculate whether the character can refuse slave master command. Each time master's command is accepted, willpower value will be lowered. For example: Master : "kneel!" -> in order to refuse, you need to have enough willpower left. If you kneel, your willpower will have lower value for some time. In time, this value will regenerate until certain threshold. Also, this value will be used to determine if the character can struggle with restraints - like armbinder, or try to escape (e.g. try to pickpocket the master). Each time the character struggles with restraints, willpower will be lowered as well.
  • Pride - Will be used to calculate obedience levels. Will increase by winning combat, and will decrease by being defeated or by wearing openly a devious device/collar (I am planning to look into integrating with "Devious Device - More Devious Quest"). Each time a slave character refuses master's request, will increase the pride as well. Each time a character will accept master's request, pride will be lowered. Having higher pride will regenerate willpower faster.
  • Obedience - Calculated value, that will be used to determine how obedient and submissive the character is. Currently the plan is to utilize the following calculation: Obedience = (2/3) * Pride + (1/3) * Willpower. This value can be used to determine how submissive the character is. The value by itself will do nothing - will be available for utilization by other mods

Planned integration with other frameworks:

• Realistic Needs and Diseases - Sleep deprivation and hunger beyond certain point will lower willpower regeneration rate significantly.
  • Third Era Attributes for Skyrim (the Oblivion/Morrowind character stats mod I mentioned earlier) - Willpower stat from this mod will be a higher limit of willpower, each event that lowers willpower (like accepting a master's command) will be in fact a debuff to the willpower stat.
  • Zaz animation pack - lashing/whipping animations will lower existing willpower and pride values, provide temporary debuff to willpower regeneration. If present "Third Era Attributes for Skyrim" mod, temporary debuff for endurance and strength attributes will be also applied.
  • Sexlab - if player character is marked as victim in rape animation - lower pride value

I like the idea :) especially how the pride and willpower make up the obedience.

I have a suggestion for if you are not a slave. All kinds of questions asked by npc/follower.
example: npc has high arousel and wants to have sex. pc has high obedience and can't refuse (willpower/pride lowers). player has low obedience and can refuse or accept. (willpower/pride don't change)

example2: follower/npc has devices on and wants to be released. response 1: can only decline (pc has no keys) response 2: can only accept (pc has keys and high obedience) response 3: can accept or decline (pc has keys and low obedience)

(with low obedience I mean pc is not very obedient. with high obedience I mean the pc is very obedient)

I like the idea :) especially how the pride and willpower make up the obedience.

I have a suggestion for if you are not a slave. All kinds of questions asked by npc/follower.

example: npc has high arousel and wants to have sex. pc has high obedience and can't refuse (willpower/pride lowers). player has low obedience and can refuse or accept. (willpower/pride don't change)

example2: follower/npc has devices on and wants to be released. response 1: can only decline (pc has no keys) response 2: can only accept (pc has keys and high obedience) response 3: can accept or decline (pc has keys and low obedience)

(with low obedience I mean pc is not very obedient. with high obedience I mean the pc is very obedient)

I like it - and this kind of interaction is part of what I have in mind. In general, my aim is to bring to dom/sub interactions interesting consequences, so roleplaying dom/sub interaction would be more meaningful - and the context of dom/sub interactions do not necessarily need to be limited to PC slave status. However, before implementing this kind of things I suppose the foundation needs to be created - and that is my goal for now with "Devious Attributes".

SD and Dialogues have the basis of something similar.

Every time you are offered a choice between submit and resist before a sex or punishment scene, the mod tracks your answer and considers you more submissive or defiant. In turn, certain dialogue options are denied to you based on your submissiveness.

It's very rough and barely used at this point but it could be easy to hook into this kind of framework (or rather, have this kind of framework make use of it as one more source of data).

Sounds interesting, but might need to be careful with values spiral out of control since all three stats sort of reinforce each other.

Yes, probably the calculations will need some tweaking before they work properly. I do have kind-of two way dependency between Pride and Willpower.

SD and Dialogues have the basis of something similar.

Every time you are offered a choice between submit and resist before a sex or punishment scene, the mod tracks your answer and considers you more submissive or defiant. In turn, certain dialogue options are denied to you based on your submissiveness.

It's very rough and barely used at this point but it could be easy to hook into this kind of framework (or rather, have this kind of framework make use of it as one more source of data).

Good to know! Once I get the basic stats and couple of global events that trigger their change working (end of combat, rape) I will definitely start looking into this

I love this concept with the players characteristic.  I think you could add an ego that might add a factor dependent on faction as well as a mage might have a high points as opposed to a thief or an assassin.  Fantastic!  I can't wait.

I like the idea. When I finish basic stuff, I will look into more triggers to do changes to statistics.

for example, additional triggers to pride increase can be:

• if player is a mage and learns new spell
  • if player is a thief and steals something
  • if player is an assassin and one-shot backstabs someone

But this will probably come later. Now, I want to focus to get minimal version working, then expand on it.

I love this idea, slaves can then actually be broken after capture. What determines total willpower?  And it would be great to include things like drugs and alcohol having an effect. I would love to see this and Aroused in the framework to build mental strengths for npc and pc so mods can run off them. I think it would make many affects more realistic and less mechanical.

• 3 weeks later...

This type of mod does not have to have any extra animations added into it.  With all the animators on this site already I bet a 1 would be willing to try out or at least come up with ideas.  But still, this mod can be as has been stated a " Framework " that can be implemented into all these other great mods.  Focus on getting your ideal into a working concept.  Ask a few people to test it for you, get their honest opinions and go from there.

This mod could be a great change to many that I enjoy.  Just with the dialog / stats changes / effects my followers or character could have can be expanded upon greatly.   With his great work I would suggest talking with skyrimll and seeing how SD+ has it where npc's recognize a players dom/sub preference.   Heck, maybe the 2 of you can come up with a alpha that can be a tie in into his works as a test.   I for one will be waiting for news on this idea like a kid on christmas waiting to open presents.

Archived