Tryout all in one

Loogie

I spent the better portion of today merging all the Tryout plugins (except for Working Girl) into one. It seems stable, but I want to do further playtesting before unleashing it on the world.

This merged plugin comes with a cost - you lose all your quest progress, perks, outfits, etc when switching from the old version because even though it's the same information, the game considers it a new mod.

I plan on posting a beta tomorrow, but I wanted to get people's feelings on this. What I'm envisioning going forward is one plugin with the base functionality, then plugins that use resources from it. The first of those would be the already existing Working Girl, but this would also make it easier for things like a Pitt Tryout for TTW.

This also will make my life a lot easier because I won't need to remember what resource is in what plugin, and it'll reduce the possibilities of conflicts and bugs. This will also make it infinitely easier for creators of mods like Hard Prison Time to keep up with changes - I know that and the kennel mods for the NCRCF stuff were abandoned because the changes I was making were hard to keep up with.

The hardest part of this transition is it will require people to read what they're doing when upgrading, which historically isn't something that happens. The poll I put up a few months back makes this seem like a popular move, but I still want to hear what people think.

And they said it couldn't be done.. :D

All is good for me. I am starting a fresh game so yea. Having a base ESM as a master with the needed resources so that esps can tell the story reliably and bonus.. get more stories as well spun off of this. It is all gravy to me. If this does work.. then we might be able to look at a reboot of Hard prison time and spin off like "Pitt Tryout" :D.

Guest tomm434

Of course it's a good idea. I don't play it myself but I know it'll be easier for you to work with one esm. Whose idea was to split up tryout anyway?

Of course it's a good idea. I don't play it myself but I know it'll be easier for you to work with one esm. Whose idea was to split up tryout anyway?

I plan on posting a beta tomorrow, but I wanted to get people's feelings on this. What I'm envisioning going forward is one plugin with the base functionality, then plugins that use resources from it. The first of those would be the already existing Working Girl,

Mine and Bromm's, back in the day. There were good reasons for it back then, which have passed now.

Wait I thought you were going to create a proper master esm and then run the various plugins from it. (stories etc) Are you going to keep all the current tryouts in one ESM?

A merged tryout sounds good to me. Any reduction in the number of loaded files is good performance and stability. At least if the loadorder grows continuously towards new Vegas limit like mine tends too :angel: . Will there be a (mcm) option to deactivate certain parts of tryouts temporary for compatibility purpose?

I plan on posting a beta tomorrow, but I wanted to get people's feelings on this. What I'm envisioning going forward is one plugin with the base functionality, then plugins that use resources from it. The first of those would be the already existing Working Girl,

Mine and Bromm's, back in the day. There were good reasons for it back then, which have passed now.

Wait I thought you were going to create a proper master esm and then run the various plugins from it. (stories etc) Are you going to keep all the current tryouts in one ESM?

I'm combining it all.

The decription of this NCR CF mod http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50882/?  says it would have conflicts with sexout powder gangers.

"POSSIBLE CONFLICTS WITH MODIFIERS THAT CHANGE:

- NCR CF (interior and exterior, all cells).
- Vault 19.
- Primm House (PrimGenericHouse01 only)
- The road between Sloan and Jean Sky Diving (add NPCs and buildings)
- Emergency Service Railyard (MapMarker and face south of the build only)
- Dawes (Dialog Line VFreeformNCRCFNCRCFDawesTopic001 only)
- Eddie (Stats, Packages, Dialog lines and script)
- Scrambler (Stats and Packages)
- Carter (Dialog Lines)
- Samuel Cooke (Topic VMS42VVault19SamuelCookeTopic025 only)
- Other modifications include the addition of NPCs, misc items and script markers, with remote chances of conflict. As I have said before, one of my intentions was avoid conflicts with other modifiers. So no original misc item, armor, weapon or ingestible has changed. Except, in some cases, to receive an applicable reference to that specific item, not to everyone else of the same type.
- To minimize the possibility of conflicts, just do not use other modifiers that have as its theme the NCR CF and the related NPCs.
- Again, do not use other modifiers that have as subject the NCR CF at the same time. This includes, unfortunately, other plugins from WSEX.ESM and SEXOUT.ESM with the same theme (Powder Gangers).
- Although it is labeled as a file .Esp, this is a modifier .Esm. Keep this in mind if you want to rearrange your Load order.

"

I had an old version of this and tryout powder gangers run at the same time. They worked for most parts but had some smaller issues . Don´t remember exactly ,but will test it with the new versions.

The approach system definatly worked and didn´t cause issues ( mcm setting to 0% in quest sequences).

Won't be a beta for at least a week. I need some upgrades to SCR which Halstrom won't be able to release for a bit. SCR no longer has any of the issues that prompted me to leave it, and I want its outfits and mod/TTW companion handling. There is also unfinished content for Legion and PGs that might confuse people.

*Falls slowly backwards into a worn recliner with tears building up in a dry sore-eyed face.......Thanks... I will never forget this.

Almost wish there was a endorse button mechanic the size of Kim Il-Sung's ego.

Setting praise aside, hell yeah! combined plugin! Love you man!

Archived