Fem Run Replacer - Fallout New Vegas

My forward run speed in first person becomes way too fast when I install this mod. Any ideas? I am using the Enhanced Camera mod, and when I look down to my character's body I can see that the speed of the animation is not matching the speed of the movement. Third person works fine though.

or maybe not. It is possible that I never introduced a condition for the first person, since I never used it and never had the need. In that other sprint mod I linked, instead, first person is used in a different way, so the speed is handled in a different way too

Well I just removed the Enhanced Camera mod and tried again. Didn't work, still way too fast. It must be on my end though, as all these people have it working and you say you didn't edit first person. Just not sure which mod is the culprit. I loaded this mod last in the Mod Organizer left hand panel so it overwrites everything, but yeah I am getting this.. Strange

EDIT damn me - I'm continuing to write nonsense, sorry. You said RUN, not SPRINT... I'm not fully ok today :lol:

It's strange, that your speed is different. Are you using some other mods that could change it? like... I don't know, everything you could think about, like Project Nevada, ... any thing you could think about

Lol it's ok :P Well off the top of my head, I am using Project Nevada - FOOK Convergence. That's the biggest mod I have installed. Using the skeleton from BnB ( Well the whole meshes folder really ) and T6M body on top of it. I loaded up the save game I had right when my char wakes up at Doc Mitchell's house after the char creation screen, and I typed in the console " coc goodsprings " to test the mod. I'm saying that cuz it's a little buggy when you do it that way as you don't have pip boy and all that, but nevertheless the speed was still the same on a regular save.  I am also using Project Ultimatum though I am not sure if that has anything to do with the run speed. I doubt it. Oh and, Mission Mojave and its gazillion patches.

two factors that could change the speed... The scale factor (is your size normal?) and the speed (how much "Player.GetAV SpeedMult" returns on console?)

The other mods... well, I guess you should have this problem even without these animations, if they were interfering :-O I don't have ideas right now of what could influences it, if you find something else could you please tell me? I'm pretty curious

If one day you'll have a chance, and mainly some free time, it wouldn't be bad to see a video that compares first and third person's speed, with and without the mod. I have no eye and I don't notice many things, I would like to understand if it's a problem I'm having and I never noticed it... -_- which could even be hilarious :lol:

• 1 month later...

They work, you only need a compatible skeleton. Even skeletons work, so you can install a NV compatible skeleton.

Well then, you just made my day - Fallout 3 is now actually playable for me again.  I'm one of those guys who usually plays a chick and in 3rd person cuz I like having hot booty to look at while I'm running around in The Wasteland.

And the "chicken wings" and stiffness of the standard animations just kills it for me.

I was gonna try it anyway (I already had all the necessary files from using your most EXCELLENT mods with NV), but just hadn't gotten around to it yet - but it's good to hear that my efforts won't be in vain.

Thanks for your quick response and for these wonderful mods.

Thanks again! 

Thanks for your quick response

Sorry I was a bit short because in a hurry.

I'm giving you few more infos that could be useful

- Astymma skeleton

- BnB

- a BnB body replacer (i.e. this)

- a BnB armor replacer (i.e. this)

-You install the skeleton inside FO3 instead than FONV - the folder structure will be the same, so meshes\characters\_male etc.etc.

-About the body replacer, you must be sure it's BnB compatible. Even those for NV will work on FO3 and viceversa. Everything which is "TYPE <something>" will have compatible textures too, so I suggest to install one of those.

- About the armor replacer, while theoretically you can of course use a NV package inside FO3, in practical you will have issues because many armors won't include the textures, will pick them from the vanilla assets >>> so, installing NV armors in FO3 will result in missing textures (they expect NV textures). If it wasn't for this detail, everything was working as intended, because both the games are exactly the same for these things, as you can notice.

- About the BnB itself, on the second line, well... of course if you want you can install the body too, but as I said you can use whatever BnB body you want. But from that mod you will need all the animation files. You can easily find them because they are .kf files, under meshes\character subfolders.

After you installed these animations, then you can overwrite with mines. This is because I only did very few of them, while Thaumx includes the full package of animations.

Thanks for your quick response

Sorry I was a bit short because in a hurry.

Nope, I didn't thank that you were short at all - you gave me all the info I needed.

Thanks for the other suggestions as well, though I actually prefer the T6M body and it's various armor/clothing replacers and add-ons (which are happily now available for F3).  Your animations worked fine with the T6M in NV and I suspect that it'll do fine in F3 as well.

Thanks again!

UPDATE:

Yep - the animations work flawlessly for FO3!  Can't thank you enough.  Aaaaah, no more "chicken wings".

• 1 year later...

&nbsp;

Weird, i cant get it to work somehow...

&nbsp;

Installed skeleton, first, then tried second... Reinstaled mod, throw that at the botton in MO, and still nothing.

Weird though after installing this i have ''male'' walk and run animations...

&nbsp;

Yeah it is weird, since they're simply loose files which overwrite vanilla anyway.

Try to do this:

- Install Thaumx BnB (you don't need armors, you only need all the kf files files under characters\_male subfolder)

- Install skeleton (mine or Astymma)

- Install this replacer

- If it asks to overwrite, do it

Check post #44 if you need links

If you still have issues... try to do it manually, do not use MO, at least you can narrow down and understand if in this specific case there could be some extra unnoticed stuff that doesn't allow the normal overwriting of loose files over BSAs

I kinda found what is the problem here... I mean it worked today just fine with rastloz pc idles, but just when i switched to your behaviour mod well, it stopped. Dont matter which one was on top.

Okay. i found a way.

Its weird but after adding behaviours it stopped working but... After doing complete reinstal of the mod[not re-enabling] it works again, but yet again stopped when i changed something by adding behaviours. And then! I reinstaled the files again... And it works, dont know why and how.

• 8 months later...

Just stopping by to say that I have the same issue as Sapiencer described in this post: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41297-fem-run-replacer-fallout-new-vegas/?p=1166912

I was going crazy trying to find the culprit, checking all my mods in FNVEdit and GECK to see which one was messing with SpeedMult or one of the run/walk speed game settings. It never crossed my mind that a run animation would affect 1st person run speed, especially since I don't even use Enhanced Camera. But as soon as I removed this mod my character's run speed returned to normal, and as soon as I re-installed this mod my character started running faster in 1st person mode and the footsteps sound like someone's tapdancing.

Obviously not gamebreaking or anything and I'll continue to use this replacer since it's by far the best one out there. But regardless, just wanted to post it here in case anyone else is experiencing it and trying to figure out why.