Thinking of making the player Face and Body more skyrim like need help where to start

zeroui7

Now i've recently played fallout 3 and vegas and wanted to modify the Character models to more up to date or least to satisfatory levels of fappabillity still tommorow ill look at the geck for some clues and ideas o how to do this but i would like to hear a suggestion that will point me the right dirction

thanks

What do you mean by more like Skyrim? As in quality?

If that's what he means, he'll be very, very disappointed.  The face/body mods on the Nexus are as good as its going to get and I think they look pretty damn good.  However, chances are, the next Fallout game will use the Skyrim engine.  The engine may be tweaked a bit by then but I imagine Skyrim mods will be easy to port over to the next Fallout, or at least that is what I'm hoping because I'd really like to see Sexlab get ported over, the Sexlab framework is just extremely impressive.  Facial animations, lip syncing, over 5 voice sets by default, with mods that can add tons more, and so many different clothing options.  I love how you can set different clothing removal options when it comes to consensual vs. rape. 

The only down side, I never cared for the whole swords and sorcery thing but adore the post apocalyptic genre, so a post apocalyptic game with what Sexlab brings to the table, that would be pretty awesome.

Don't get me wrong, SexoutNG for New Vegas is a great mod but character wise, Skyrim just nailed it when it comes to making the characters look great.  The only thing Bethesda did wrong with Skyrim is the save system, I do not like how its next to impossible to do clean saves.  Yes, there are mods on the Nexus that claim they'll clean your save of any scripted mods you've removed but in my experience, they miss things which leads to the save becoming corrupted sooner or later. 

What do you mean by more like Skyrim? As in quality?

If that's what he means, he'll be very, very disappointed.  The face/body mods on the Nexus are as good as its going to get and I think they look pretty damn good.  However, chances are, the next Fallout game will use the Skyrim engine.  The engine may be tweaked a bit by then but I imagine Skyrim mods will be easy to port over to the next Fallout, or at least that is what I'm hoping because I'd really like to see Sexlab get ported over, the Sexlab framework is just extremely impressive.  Facial animations, lip syncing, over 5 voice sets by default, with mods that can add tons more, and so many different clothing options.  I love how you can set different clothing removal options when it comes to consensual vs. rape. 

The only down side, I never cared for the whole swords and sorcery thing but adore the post apocalyptic genre, so a post apocalyptic game with what Sexlab brings to the table, that would be pretty awesome.

Don't get me wrong, SexoutNG for New Vegas is a great mod but character wise, Skyrim just nailed it when it comes to making the characters look great.  The only thing Bethesda did wrong with Skyrim is the save system, I do not like how its next to impossible to do clean saves.  Yes, there are mods on the Nexus that claim they'll clean your save of any scripted mods you've removed but in my experience, they miss things which leads to the save becoming corrupted sooner or later. 

Yeah, I just finished modding Skyrim with some female textures but got bored of the whole Swords and Sorcery gag. I was hoping to find the same quality of female texture and body replacers for Skyrim but was a little disappointed. Not to say that they aren't great, but some of the female body and face textures for Skyrim are extremely detailed. And just like you said, I prefer post-apocalyptic/guns over fantasy swords/magic.

So here are my two cents. As far as headmorphs, meshes and textures, I have yet to find one that I am really happy with. In general the Fallout series face generation is awful. Mods can definitely make it better but only by so much. As far as body meshes and textures, if you are really serious you may end up doing what I did which was to pick a base mesh and texture to start from and then customize it to your liking. I have put in countless hours remaking and remodeling my character's body to what I want it to look like. The nice thing about the Fallout series is that the whole body is one mesh unlike Oblivion which makes editing it in Blender soooo nice. I started with the T6M body and modified it to have larger breasts, a narrower waist, more abdominal muscle development and overall greater muscle tone in general. As far as the texture I believe I started with the default Cali texture and then photoshopped the crap out of it. The result is a 3.5 GB 4K photoshopped mishmash. At this point I am happy with things but I still am trying to fix my character's head as 1. I don't like the look and 2. the Fallout series is a pain in the ass to get textures to blend nicely. The other thing to consider too is that Skyrim looks so pretty most of the time because of ENB presets and though there is ENB for New Vegas, I currently have it installed, ENB for Fallout is severely limited in comparison to Skyrim. ENB for Fallout is like doing surgery with the Rock of Gibraltar whereas ENB for Skyrim is like doing surgery with a nano-precise laser scalpel.

Anyway, I thought I would show you some screens of my work. Again, mind you, this is just work done for my personal taste and is always a work in progress.  

QFCldX1.jpg

cxeNqB0.jpg

DJ6upDO.jpg

QeN2Wnl.jpg

I0ZNnRp.png

bfL4KOz.png

sBaNmgp.jpg

The only thing that can make the next Fallout game even better than having the Skyrim engine is if they kind of ripped off  Maxis by creating body/face creation system like the one Sims 3 has.  I loved how I was able to make various body types by default, and even more with modded sliders, and I loved how the default outfits all were compatible not only with the default sliders but the modded sliders, and even most of the clothing modders made were compatible as well.  With Bethesda games, if you download a specific body type, you're limited to whatever clothing modders have made for it, or you're on your own with the clothing.  That's one of the reasons I've just stuck with type 3 cali, it seems to be the most commonly used.  And Sexout pregnancy as far as I know only works with Cali.  So I figure if body type other than Cali is used with Sexout pregnancy, when the pc gets pregnant, the body type either changes to cali or turns invisible.

Going back to New Vegas, I'm really quite happy with the character I created using the Cali body type.  You can find my character on the nexus if you type "cassie hack" in the search bar.  I'd just post the link but as I've said in other posts, this forum no longer lets me copy/paste with IE 11.

Yeah I wish Fallout was able to actively conform clothing to whatever body type you have, that would be a dream. You CAN actually have different bodies for pregnancy. Near as I can tell you can have up to 3. Somewhere in either the Sexout mod or the Common Resources there is a setting for body type. Let's see I think there is Type3, BNB and T6M. Now certainly there are more pregnancy outfits for Type3 over the other two bodies. If are keen with playing with different bodies for your companions and yourself and have put in the amount of hours that I have making your own mesh then you will probably end up editing the pregnancy gear as well. You can easily swap out the pregnant bodies with your own. Personally I have it set up with a huge range of growth. Preg 1-5 appears like most pregnancy stages though a bit bigger with 5 being more reminiscent of a woman with quadruplets. Preg 6 which one rarely ever sees because, by my understanding, it is sort of specific to who or what impregnates you. Anyway Preg 6 body mesh for me has the belly growth so large that realistically a woman would never even be able to stand but hey its a game in a virtual environment so who cares. Clothing is annoying with pregnancy. My character usually only has like 1 or 2 outfits that I play with so every few months when I get bored with her current outfits, I find new ones and then pull them into Blender and have to make 6 variations based on her preggo body. In the end the upside is it looks nice and it keeps my Blender skills sharp, the downside.... if you start at 9 am you will find that is is 6 pm before your finished.

One thing to keep in mind is even if Bethesda did what I suggested, they won't add pregnancy so pregnancy would still have the added in via a mod and the clothing would have to be altered to work with pregnancy. 

I'd love to see someone do a game that plays like the Sims but in a post apocalyptic world. 

Sooner or later someone probably will do it.  I mean State of Decay relies on taking care of ones community and upgrading pre-existing buildings, so its a step in that direction. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope your right about the mod-ability of the next fallout, but sadly think they will do it differently like bethesda did with  dragon age and the latest p.o.c that is in there mind the greatest thing since sliced bread. oh but it had hours of spectacular video and almost no game content.

Yeah, I just finished modding Skyrim with some female textures but got bored of the whole Swords and Sorcery gag. I was hoping to find the same quality of female texture and body replacers for Skyrim but was a little disappointed. Not to say that they aren't great, but some of the female body and face textures for Skyrim are extremely detailed. And just like you said, I prefer post-apocalyptic/guns over fantasy swords/magic.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24614-sexoutng/includes the BnB enabled T6M body.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41796-bodymorph/will let you adjust your PCs proportions similar to bodyslide.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48118/?is the best looking fem texture IMO. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34702/? is also good.

Archived