ks hair 400 mirror

hart422

Thanks for the upload, lame dante killed the 400 version on nexus lol..

Unbelievable. This Nexus policy is completely obstructing any freedom of arts.

Next they will ban any Bodyslide conversions because the mods contain the baseshape of the original?

Why would you use the bsa when it is twice as big? I don't get it.

It is only twice as big packed, cause you cannot pack bsa with winrar/7zip that good. The loose files will be bigger unpacked. 

Plus, .bsa's have better ingame performance than loose files.

Links / info ?

Conspiracy theory ?

BSA vs. Loose Files.

Each have their pros and cons.

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/5033-ramifications-of-bsa-extraction-in-mod-organizer/

Executive Summary

STEP provides instruction for a range of methods to mod Skyrim. Novice users can follow the STEP Guide, which is pretty straight forward and adheres to conventional modding methods. More advanced users or users that want to take it further can follow the additional guides and employ some more advanced and less conventional techniques (like BSA extraction and texture optimization) that we have found to be viable and optimal for the 'perfectionistic' or 'adventurous' modder. Some of these techniques are traditionally the jobs of the mod providers rather than the mod users, but we encourage and empower our community to take on these tasks if they wish, because many mod providers do not optimize their mods, and we advocate customization of mods by the user.

STEP advocates BSA extraction because it allows for more granular control of the modded Skyrim (but see 'cons' below). Critics object that this practice 'breaks' the fundamental standards of install-order and load-order methodology that many mods and modding utilities are built around. Nevertheless, I and many STEP staff and members have not found this to be the case and propose that these concerns likely stem as a result of Mod Organizer users having problems and complaining and blaming the mod authors on mod threads like the USkP when something goes wrong with their game. Why MO users? Because MO is the only mod manager that exposes BSA extraction to any user that installs a mod with a BSA in it (basically, all MO users).

• STEP advocates BSA extraction (given the user understands the ramifications!)
    • It is a prerequisite to texture optimization (NOTE: repackaging vanilla BSAs is possible with CK's Archive.exe but problematic with BSAopt)
    • Used properly, it does not cause any load-order issues at all
    • It allows more granular control of a modded setup
    • It can theoretically lead to excess disk fragmentation (HDDs only, not SSDs)
    • It can theoretically reduce in-game performance if most/all game assets are loose files under a heavily-modded game
  • BSA extraction is not 'bad' (NOTE: it can alter the intended behavior of a mod's interaction with other mods if used improperly)
  • BSAs are not 'bad'
    • simplify mod distribution
    • simplify user maintenance (NOTE: particularly for manual installation and traditional mod management ... but NOT for Mod Organizer users!)
    • simplify support by mod providers
    • BSAs are the future trend in Bethesda modding, so best to get used to them

What are BSAs?

Mandatory reading: read this important background information!

BSA: A proprietary archive of game assets that mirrors <skyrim>/Data/ directory structure. Thus, a BSA file is an archive exactly like a folder that is simply packaged as a file. The same is true of any ZIP or 7z archive.

How do BSAs Work?

For Skyrim to be 'aware' of a BSA, it must either be registered in Skyrim.ini or loaded with a plugin of same name. Once recognized, the game sees any BSA as part of <skyrim>/Data/ itself; however, when conflicts exist between files contained within a registered BSA, a plugin-loaded BSA or within <skyrim>/Data/ as loose files, things are a little trickier:

• Registered BSAs: These load at Skyrim start in the order that they are listed in Skyrim.ini, last loaded BSA 'wins' in event of resource conflicts of contents within.
  • Plugin-loaded BSAs: These load when a new or saved game is loaded after Skyrim starts. Each BSA is loaded at the time the plugin of same name is loaded. So any BSA with content resource conflicts corresponding to a plugin will 'win' if its plugin is loaded after the conflicting plugin. Basically, these BSAs (and all of their asset content) are referenced by their plugin and loaded according to plugin load order. Plugin-loaded BSAs always 'win' where they conflict with Registered BSAs. The only exception is with respect to resources required at Skyrim start but before savegame (or new game) load, like No Menu and Loading Smoke.
  • Note about loose files: Loose files always override same files inside of registered AND plugin-loaded BSAs!

Summarizing in terms of prioritization and load order ...

Skyrim asset priority:

1. Loose assets always win
  2. Plugin-loaded BSAs win all but #1 (EXCEPTION: plugins are only loaded when a new or saved game is started, so plugin-loaded BSAs have zero priority with regard to pre-game assets)
  3. Registered-BSA assets lose to all #1 & #2
  4. Registered Skyrim BSAs and other official content and DLCs behave no differently than "after market", mod BSAs

Plugin/BSA load order:

1. Registered BSAs load according to list order in Skyrim.ini
  2. Plugin-loaded BSAa load with respect to the corresponding plugin load order
  3. Plugins load according to %USERPROFILE%/Appdata/Local/Skyrim/plugins.txt, which is managed by BOSS/LOOT

BSA Pros:

• Keep the Data directory clean and uncluttered (NOTE: this does not apply to MO users though, since MO uses the virtual file system).
  • Allow easy mod management, since all of a mod's files are much simpler to identify and update or remove (mitigates user error= less support burden)
  • Make it easier for mod authors to distribute and maintain control over how the mod functions (mitigates user error = less support burden)
  • UPDATE:
  • Better performance (NOTE: a lot of loose files slows down game startup, especially when using MO)
  • Less disk usage (NOTE: BSAs can be compressed; HDD fragmentation is less of an issue)

BSA Cons:

• Removes an element of user-level control ... and many mod users are control freaks (STEP especially)
  • Users can no longer efficiently see contents of a mod (NOTE: although Wrye Bash does expose this information, albeit with a performance hit ... is this functionality inherent or is it off by default??)
  • Incentivizes mod authors to provide BSA 'hotfixes' as loose files (NOTE: This has undesireable ramifications for MO users due to behavior of BSA extraction in MO ... BSA extracts last, so loose file hotfix is overridden by original version within the BSA! EDIT: this is fixed in the current beta and next release of MO)
  • Mod authors are forced to upload all files (the entire BSA) for any updates (all files are contained within a BSA), and users are forced to either download again or deal with the issue just previous if the mod author has supplied a 'hotfix'-type update.

Argh!!! I find this thread after I spent nearly 10 hours downloading it from some sheisty russian site. I  :heart: you guys

First thing I did was open up the bsa, and Satans hairpack was built in it, but it didn't overwrite any of my satans hairs files. You think that was part of the craziness?

Is it a bug or do you need the 265 version installed too see the 400 version? Because I tried too use the 400 by itself and nothing came up.

Let me guess, you downloaded the 1st BSA version uploaded on the Nexus yesterday, installed, opened the game to see the new hairs and...your character was bald ?!? If the answer is yes, it's because the BSA was packed with the wrong name, KS Hairdos instead of KS Hairdo's, just edit the BSA and change its name to KS Hairdo's and it'll work perfectly !!!

Is it a bug or do you need the 265 version installed too see the 400 version? Because I tried too use the 400 by itself and nothing came up.

Let me guess, you downloaded the 1st BSA version uploaded on the Nexus yesterday, installed, opened the game to see the new hairs and...your character was bald ?!? If the answer is yes, it's because the BSA was packed with the wrong name, KS Hairdos instead of KS Hairdo's, just edit the BSA and change its name to KS Hairdo's and it'll work perfectly !!!

I went too the website they moved the mod too lol. Just a quick question, i can open it up thru tes5edit right?

I went too the website they moved the mod too lol. Just a quick question, i can open it up thru tes5edit right?

Just right click on the .bsa and rename it. No extra tool needed. ^^

Links / info ?

Conspiracy theory ?

BSA vs. Loose Files.

Each have their pros and cons.

Interesting read but anything relevant says "theoretically reduce performance" without giving any empirical data or reasoning.

In fact common logic says that the game runs (if anything) slower when it has to unpack files while running.

Also they are ONLY talking about Mod Organizer where the question of "bsa or not" arises in the first place.

Just right click on the .bsa and rename it. No extra tool needed. ^^

Lol sorry i did not have any coffee yet

Took a peak in the BSA and the folder path is different from satan's hairpack.

ks 400

Meshes > ks hairdo's

satan

Meshes > satan's hairpack

I said it wasn't overwriting but there were the same ones in there.  :P

Is the tumblr pack included as well?

Edit: Yeah just checked. This is a combined KS, Tumblr, and Satans. 

GG saving loadorder space.

Yeah I noticed that too when I loaded up the 400 pack and it was showing Satans side by side. It isn't all of them though, just most of them. Several doubles missing. Some were modified slightly to fit closer to the body mesh it seems while flicking through the hairs. I'm not going to disable my Satans esp because there's hairs that I like that aren't included in the KS 400 pack. (Unless they're in these files mirrored here rather than what I got from that russian site?)

Already have 750 hairs SGhair apachi hair kaiko hair KS hair(includes KS hairdo 265) is this 400pack worth installing?

I think so.

I've got SG, apachii, noumenume(I think how tis spelled), KS 265, satans, radigoraes oblivion, ... yeah there's a few new nice hairs in there. I lost count a long time ago x3

KS is definitely the best. It has most classics from Sim 3, and even a few useful styles for hetero male characters (can you believe that).

You'll end up with many duplicates when you have SG as well, but they use different textures.

Also with RaceMenu you can have any amount of hairs installed, no need for that precachekiller thing.

Archived