How To: Animated Woohoo - A complete Step-for-Step Walkthrough

I don`t know if this is related, but my sim did a 90. In one of the animations she is now facing the wrong direction to him and they are staying far from eachother, in the other they are "on top of eachother"...and not the good "on top of eachother", but merged into :P  Yeah I am definitively doing something wrong. Not had one working animations so far :P And still not even tried getting sound and objects into the animations. We need a mentor/guide! Wish Amra72 was still with us....

Using the b_root_bind "Y" setting it to 180, and tapping i, and clicking rotation to loc the value will get your rotation right.

This is one that unless you are rotating them again, during the animation it may only need to be set in frame one, after that it should stay for the rest of your animation.

I find the rotation, and elevation "Y" seem to be fine, and give no trouble, it is the distance between the NPC that has slowed me to a stand still, and stopped any further animations until I have this fully sorted out.

2. The sounds are a mixed bag, ( finding them is only done by looking at other animation packages that use them, and getting there names ) I have some trouble sorting out, but the Key frame point where you need the sound to begin seem to be definable by dividing the number of frame's to that point by 30.5 ( however if frame rate is set at 24, one would thing that would be the number to use instead ) I think, but that does not seem to be quite right.

Yeppers that is the one I use, the adult one.

Don't use that one anymore. Instead, open another one of the rigs, with only one armature in it. Let's say you open the female one.

Once opened, move the female rig a bit to the side. (in pose mode ofcourse)

Then go to file ---> append, and navigate to the folder where you have your rigs stored. 

Click the male rig (buhudain_amrigV2.2.blend, that's the adult one with the proper equipment ;) ) then choose "object" and shift select all files from amBottom to amRig. Then click link/append from library, and voila, you have two actors in your blender file. Save it if you must, so you can open this one when you want to animate again. :)

Yeppers that is the one I use, the adult one.

Don't use that one anymore. Instead, open another one of the rigs, with only one armature in it. Let's say you open the female one.

Once opened, move the female rig a bit to the side. 

Then go to file ---> append, and navigate to the folder where you have your rigs stored. 

Click the male rig (buhudain_amrigV2.2.blend, that's the adult one with the proper equipment ;) ) then choose "object" and shift select all files from amBottom to amRig. Then click link/append from library, and voila, you have two actors in your blender file. Save it if you must, so you can open this one when you want to animate again. :)

Okay that makes more senes, This is why I have been having alignment problems though, and if you follow the masters tutorial it seems to point or I thought it did to using one of the combined rig's.

Okay that makes more senes, This is why I have been having alignment problems though, and if you follow the masters tutorial it seems to point or I thought it did to using one of the combined rig's.

I never used that rig, so I didn't know that either. I always use the append button because I have different rigs with different constraints (I'm goofing around to improve my skills, haha). 

But it's good to know what was your problem, and I hope that others don't use the combined rigs anymore.

have a problem with that male for some reason the penis is not there instead i have this huge thing in there

EDIT what did I do wrong now ?

:') LOL. I said, from ambottom to amrig. This is what happens when you don't read ;) You imported the rig_bone_vis. 

have a problem with that male for some reason the penis is not there instead i have this huge thing in there

EDIT what did I do wrong now ?

:') LOL. I said, from ambottom to amrig. This is what happens when you don't read ;) You imported the rig_bone_vis. 

Okay I will try again, and try to read closer  Sorry :blush:

I set up a new file with two adult rigs already in it and deselected all the bones in posemode that do not transform the mesh, as too many people locrot unnecessary bones when animating. If I accidentally unchecked (I don't think I did, but you never know) a bone you do need, just enable it again in the topright window (click the arrow and the eye next to the bone).

AdultAF+AMrigs.rar

No need to say sorry, I had a good laugh :D It was a funny sight, that big bone mesh in the middle of it :P

Yeppers ! i had already been playing with that i just forgot about it. also forgot about turning the eye's on, and off. I turn off stuff all the time when I am building or now animating.

I found the PErection some time back, and had played with it, because I wanted to lengthen it, or enlarge it, but did not find away.

It is to bad no one added a bone to it, or I did not see a bone for it.

Would be nice to give it that bobble when it came out of the orifice, that little boing they do.

On a different note, I'm finally starting to understand rigging :D

attachicon.gifRigging.jpg

If you get time, and can find dog's with there dinger, I think sims 3 need more creature animations, If I had a rig, I would make some of those, just to give variety to some of the slacker area's in Sim's 3 world's.  I guess the alien rig is the same.

a teen, adult rig both ways af teen, and am teen might be nice to have, if KW can distinguish between the teen, and adult.

There is already a dog/horse rig, but not with their "dinger" afaIk. https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/

Yeppers ! I gathered up all the animal's, but have not found any with tool's yet, but I know they exist, as I have seen them in the game.

there are actually not that much info for as long as this game has been around.  However I noticed that many web pages are defunct now, and there pages wiped.

Then I assume we will have pitchipoy rig for sims 3 in no time ;) Looking forward to it *eg*

I would be happy to share, but not by dropping my rigs out in the open (IF they do work, I'm still learning, failing and testing).

What I can share, if they really work, is HOW to do it. There is one thing very important with rigging, and that is understanding what you are doing with your rig. You may need a different setup for different kind of animations. If I would just  drop the rigs here 99% of the people would have no freaking clue what I did with it and how to work with it, and how to make adjustments when needed without messing the rig up. 

When the time is there and I know what works and not, I will try to explain how you can accomplish such a thing yourself. But for now, I'm still learning myself, following tutorials, and most of the time I don't completely understand what I did myself.