Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How To: Animated Woohoo - A complete Step-for-Step Walkthrough

Animated Woohoo Tutorial Adult Animations Kicker The Sims 3 Pictures Walkthrough

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

superispike

superispike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Is this stuff mac-compatible? Will you be doing a tutorial like this for sims 4 next year? 

mike25

mike25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Your starter package (S3PE) dont charge the clips... make me error. I donwload the S3PE of the oficial page. I make the package clips perfect but the grid its not selectable in clips... Only selectable GRID with the "KEY" √≠tem of package. Ill try with  administrator and i ll try with other clips of other users.. but nothing.

Ok. thanks for your help in any case, great guide!

L666

L666

L666 - Animations

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Thx Master, I'm thinking about.
Well, the beginning of March until now I did six, four of these are already in Animated Woohoo, already are edited with sound. I'll edit two tomorrow for ts3. Learning to work with the blender was really easy, for those who have knowledge of 3D programs, course. But I confess that I hated "with all forces of my soul"everything in Blender interface   :@   :exclamation:  I prefer Maya or 3ds Max for animation. But already over, i love Blender now  :lol: I never thought that certain animations with standard armature pose of TS3 were possible... but it was.   :P  :)

L666

L666

L666 - Animations

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Don't you see this Data Grid? 

http://www.mediafire...r. 10 14.11.jpg

Really, i don't know what you can do. My S3PE it's fine, maybe you need to make again a download with new version of S3PE.

Hope I helped you  :)

streakers

streakers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Hi The Master,

First, thanks so much for this tutorial -- I've gotten a lot closer to getting just one animation done (huge deal!!) but I'm having trouble getting it into the game; I followed the tutorial precisely, but the animations won't show up in game in the Animated Woohoo position lists GUI. I can only imagine that I got either the animation export wrong (am I only supposed to save the animation/models as Clips? Am I supposed to export them another way? Your tutorial says on page 8 that the files of the saved clips should be named "a_example_example_01", but mine is a series of letters and numbers in the folder I exported them to... Does this matter? When I import them to s3pe, they're named correctly and clearly though... I don't know!!)

I think I may have made a mistake with the XML editing? I use windows XML editor, if that's the right thing to do... 

Does this look right to you? I've attached a screenshot. Am I supposed to remove your example text at the bottom?

I bet it's something absolutely minute that I've gotten wrong omg...

Anyway, thank you! Let me know if I should elaborate on anything! thanks

Attached Files

lungpaul

lungpaul

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

have you turned the clips into package files in s3pe

streakers

streakers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

have you turned the clips into package files in s3pe

I've turned the male and female saved clips (A and B etc) as separate package files. I then saved those two package files as one package called streakersanimations.package before starting on the XML part. Is that right?

streakers

streakers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

I got them into game! Hurray! It was something tiny; I didn't remove the brackets when inputting my hash data etc onto the name of the XML file... I think I just misunderstood the instructions (quite often actually!) or it wasn't really specified. The animation is in game, but my male sim is about a tile and a half further up on the X Axis than he ought to be? Most likely something I did wrong in blender than in the export tbh... Thank you anyway!

The Afro Samurai

The Afro Samurai

I am he who wears the #1 headband.

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

I got them into game! Hurray! It was something tiny; I didn't remove the brackets when inputting my hash data etc onto the name of the XML file... I think I just misunderstood the instructions (quite often actually!) or it wasn't really specified. The animation is in game, but my male sim is about a tile and a half further up on the X Axis than he ought to be? Most likely something I did wrong in blender than in the export tbh... Thank you anyway!

Congrats, hey small victories. I've yet to talk trying to make animations yet but I might.

RedFaction

RedFaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Hi !

Thanks for the tutorial.

My animation is in the game.

Any quick advise on how to align the sims the same way they do in blender ?

- In blender, they face each other

- In the game, they are clipped one in the other, looking in the same direction

Furthermore, to give it a try, I just did a hand waving animation, and curiously in game the hand is not moving the same way :

- In blender, hand is waving towards the other sims

- In the game, hand is waving towards the right

It looks like the forearm rotation is missing :/

Any help ? :)

Red

RedFaction

RedFaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

I solved my 2 issues.

For those who might have the same :

To get the sims facing each other :

1. I selected one sims
  2. Selected "Object mode" instead of "Pose mode"
  3. Made them superimposed
  4. Switch to "Pose mode"
  5. Selected all nodes of the sims I moved (select one node and press "a")
  6. Move the sims back by pressing "g"
  7. And then press "i" then "LocRot" at the beginning of the sequence to fix the sims at this place

Regarding my issue with the waving hand, it was simply because my animation was too short.

When it comes near the end of the animation, it comes back to the beginning so in game it was like It looped between the beginning and the middle of the animation.

Red

RedFaction

RedFaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Okay now I'm struggling with 2 new things :

There are 2 rigs in your tutorial :

- Animated Woohoo Base Rig

- Animated Woohoo Base Rig ALTERNATIVE

I though they were no differences but in the ALTERNATIVE one we can't move the breasts.

So, I would like to work on Animated Woohoo Base Rig but for some reasons the "Pose mode" is not available for the male sims in this rig (while it is available in the ALTERNATIVE one), so I can't animate him.

Any idea ?

Second, I found out that SM animations uses a PSTAR package.

I like his animations because it also animates the penis.

Any idea how I could import it in blender ?

As you may tell yourself I'm really new to all this stuff (first time using blender and so on).

I hope this tutorial and thread will help newbies like me to get started with animating ! :)

Red

Raydark

Raydark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Good day people,

I tried creating my animations and has successfully imported them into the game.

However, right now I am stuck with not been able to access the grid to insert sound events.

I tried using Master's S3PE out of the box and opening my package files. However, I was met with a warning sign stating "Some resource names may not be displayed".

Despite stating that warning only, I still cannot click on the grid.

Some help please ?

shrike60

shrike60

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Great tutorial.  Good job explaining all the steps with notes on the potential pitfalls, and explaining why you're doing whatever you're doing.  I'm still working on my animation, so I haven't tried to get one into the game yet.  But I had a couple questions...

How do you attach an object to the animation?  To make the animation happen on a bed or in a chair, etc.  Can you attach it to cc objects?

Can you start with existing animations from the game or cc and just make adjustments/modifications in Blender?

Thanks for all the great work.  Getting newbs like me believing.

The Master

The Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

@Redfaction:

I though they were no differences but in the ALTERNATIVE one we can't move the breasts.

I didn't check that out if breasts were animatable in the first place tbh. Back then when I wrote the Tutorial I was using the base rig anyway due to better performance in blender for me. I included it anyway since some may prefer just another rig.

I am using it to "test" my animations and see if everything is "in place" if you know what i mean...

Second, I found out that SM animations uses a PSTAR package.

I like his animations because it also animates the penis.

Any idea how I could import it in blender ?

As far as I am aware you won't be able to retrieve the Rig from just the clips, since they only store the bone movement information which will be mapped to the corresponding vanilla rigs made by Maxis. You'd be most likely required to contact SM and ask him for the blender files, as I see no other way round.

@Raydark:

I tried creating my animations and has successfully imported them into the game.

Well done! We need more people like ya'all here ^^.

However, right now I am stuck with not been able to access the grid to insert sound events.

I tried using Master's S3PE out of the box and opening my package files. However, I was met with a warning sign stating "Some resource names may not be displayed".

I am not sure but I'd assume that you might miss the latest .NET runtime libraries. It's been some time now that I was fiddling with getting S3PE to work as I wanted it to. I can remember reading somewhere that the Grid required some .NET frameworks to be present on the computer. Just goggle .NET framework and get the most actual one. Hope that helps fixing your issue

@shrike60:

Great tutorial.  Good job explaining all the steps with notes on the potential pitfalls, and explaining why you're doing whatever you're doing.

Thanks! Very appreciated ^^.

How do you attach an object to the animation?  To make the animation happen on a bed or in a chair, etc.  Can you attach it to cc objects?

Can you start with existing animations from the game or cc and just make adjustments/modifications in Blender?

You don't attach the sims directly to it. What you do instead is importing "dummy" props from the game into blender and using them as a reference for your animation alignment. You'll need an additional tool for it called S3OC in order to extract the necessary meshes.

What I did was extracting one "example" mesh from every object which is woohooable from the game into a dedicated folder, so when I need it I just browse for the needed prop and load it in blender to align my sims to it!

TimmyB

TimmyB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Great Tutorial! I've managed to try out making some animations, but I'm also having trouble with the sound part. After googling around, it seems we may have to install s3piwrappers to be able to add sounds. I'm not quite sure how to install it though.

The Master

The Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

I am actually quite sure that i've included the S3PIwrappers already in the out-of-the-box version used in my Starter Pack. But I think that i've read somewhere that these wrappers require the latest .NET frameworks. My mind could still play games on me though but maybe you should give it a try getting the latest .NET Framework from the Microsoft page and retry using the S3PE i've provided within my Starter Package. It's possible that this might activate the Data Grid feature for you.

Tell me if that fixed your issue.

TimmyB

TimmyB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

I am actually quite sure that i've included the S3PIwrappers already in the out-of-the-box version used in my Starter Pack. But I think that i've read somewhere that these wrappers require the latest .NET frameworks. My mind could still play games on me though but maybe you should give it a try getting the latest .NET Framework from the Microsoft page and retry using the S3PE i've provided within my Starter Package. It's possible that this might activate the Data Grid feature for you.

Tell me if that fixed your issue.

Ah. Interesting I've been using a different version of S3PE it seems. 

I tried using the one out of the box from your tutorial, but the following error shows up on the preview.

I tried to update Microsoft .NET Framework on my computer (Running Windows 8.1 Pro), but it says that I've got the most up to date version.

This is the error I get:

Error reading resource 0x6B20C4F3-0x00000000-0x46EAD952FB115C01
Front-end Distribution: 14-0222-1852
Library Distribution: 14-0222-1852

Source: s3pi.WrapperDealer
Assembly: s3pi.WrapperDealer, Version=1402.22.1843.33692, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Could not find a resource handler
----
Stack trace:
   at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
   at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.browserWidget1_SelectedResourceChanged(Object sender, ResourceChangedEventArgs e)
----

On the bright side, I have a laptop with windows 7 installed. I used the stuff straight out of the box and the grid option appears! Hurray.
I'm still not sure what the problem is though it might be an OS compatibility issue.

The Master

The Master

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Glad that you could at least use the Grid on your laptop eventhough it's probably not the workspace you was looking for in the first place.

I am personally using Windows 8.1 myself (Not the fancy Pro version though) and had no problems.

lungpaul

lungpaul

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

i have no probs with these programs with windows 7

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Animated Woohoo, Tutorial, Adult, Animations, Kicker, The Sims 3, Pictures, Walkthrough