Creation Kit: How Do I ...

DocClox

This is general thread for questions about how to do specific things in the creation kit. The "what did you make with..." thread has been hosting these sorts of questions, but that's not really what it's for.

Also, it's good to have a common place to post these things.

Questions AND answers are both welcome.

I'll start us off:

Does anyone know how to make an actor kneel without using a marker?

I want a follow package where the follower kneels automatically when they stop moving, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. There doesn't seem to be an kneeling idle in the animations list, and the idle markers don't specify an animation to use. There is a "isKneeling" keyword, but setting it doesn't seem to accomplish much.

It's a minor thing, but it's annoying me out of all proportion.

I have a house mod I'd like to edit in the CK. There are a lot of meshes/textures that are showing as red triangles with exclamation marks when the cell is loaded.

The .bsa that came with the mod has all of these, but when you extract it to the data folder, loading the cell then crashes the CK.

Is there a way to get the CK to load information straight from a .bsa like it does the default Bethesda resources?

I have a house mod I'd like to edit in the CK. There are a lot of meshes/textures that are showing as red triangles with exclamation marks when the cell is loaded.

The .bsa that came with the mod has all of these' date=' but when you extract it to the data folder, loading the cell then crashes the CK.

Is there a way to get the CK to load information straight from a .bsa like it does the default Bethesda resources?

[/quote']

Did you try just unpacking the textures folder? Maybe you don't need all the BSA unpacked.

'How do i make NPC in my villages have a live.

(Visiting inns' date=' cleaning the house, cooking, shopping .. )

[/quote']

Use furniture markers and idle markers, and make sure your NPCs have the default master package installed. That should be enough to get them using the props around your village.

For more complex behavior, look at setting up a package stack to move them from location to location, or to make them use particular equipment at a given time.

For complex things involving dialogue (like Hulda's exchange with Mikael, for instance, you'll need to use scenes.

That's a bit of a flying overview of the subject, but there's too much for a simple explanation. There are some quite good tutorials however on creationkit.com starting with this one with introduces sandboxing and idle markers. For packages and scenes, start with this one. There are video forms of the tutorials available too, if you find video easier to digest.

• 2 months later...

I have a scene where the player is a prisoner and has their hands tied, but can still move around.

I'm using Game.GetPlayer().PlayIdle(AnimBound) where AnimBound is OffsetBoundStandingStart, which just puts the players arms together as if they are tied. This works great until the PC jumps or sprints which breaks the idle. Preventing sprinting is easy enough, but how can I stop jumping removing the idle?

I figured this would be where the people hang out that know about PC bondage animations :)

Thanks Doc I'll see if I can figure out how to do that. There'd still be the issue that you'd go from hands tied, to hands flying about while jumping, to hands tied again but that would still be better than what I have at the moment.

If I find a better way to do it I'll be sure to pass it along.

Yeah, it's a problem. I think you'd need to make a new jumping animation and set a havok variable to use that animation when hands were bound rather than the vanilla.

But that's murky stuff indeed and would need some messing around in the xml to get it working.

Perhaps I have over-reached a little in my first mod to learn how to use the CK.

I downloaded 'More Hotkeys' today and that uses Script Dragon to rebind some keys which were previously not possible, so perhaps there's a possibility there for disabling specific player controls while the PC is captive there. I'll have to look into that too.

• 8 months later...

Archived