Hm,

reading the description gave me the idea, that reading this kind of books should change sexlab stats or somethings else.

Perhaps increase or decrease sexual desire (Arousal) or increase Sexual skill (Sexlab stat foreplay, vaginal etc)  or learn new techniques (enable animation)

Hm,

reading the description gave me the idea, that reading this kind of books should change sexlab stats or somethings else.

Perhaps increase or decrease sexual desire (Arousal) or increase Sexual skill (Sexlab stat foreplay, vaginal etc)  or learn new techniques (enable animation)

While this sounds like a cool idea, it is waaay over my head. Sadly,  I can't do much more than write some stuff, put it into the books and place them.

I am considering of adding a little house somewhere in Skyrim as an abandoned Print Shop. Maybe the player has to the key first, still wrapping my head around the whole scripting thingy. In that Print Shop I could deposite some easier to find books (undelivered shipping before SMUT books went out of business)

Since it probably would a no-respawn house, it could also be used for storage.

And if my brain actually comprehends how scripting works, maybe I can at least trigger an animation from SL after reading the book. I wouldn't want to make Arousal a requirement for my mod, since not everybody likes it. ;)

Thoughts about it?

(Don't worry, that would not keep me from writing more books)

I think the abandoned printing shack would be a great idea.  If nothing else, it'd be a great place to have for storing a collection of these books.

As for the trigger for an animation, I'd rather not have that.  Picking up a book without completely clearing a place could turn into a disaster (some people would enjoy that, I'm sure, but I'd like to collect my books without being assaulted by every draugr, bandit, and wolf that happened to be near enough to find my character's pants down...)

That is a good point about the animation trigger. I will leave that out.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Right now the "Old Book Manufacture" (I reconsidered the name, since there is no printing press in Skyrim ^^) is coming along quite well, I am astonished what one can do with the CK and some tutorial video on the other screen.

In the meantime I am writing on two other series that I want to include. After that, I will concentrating on writing volumes for the included series.

It will probably be two or three more weeks before I update it, because I don't want to upload an update with just one new book :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

The Old Manufacture is almost finished, it is even navmeshed so that followers will enter with you. (Yeah, pretty proud of it, because I had no idea how navmeshes worked when I started with the interior and thought I had bitten off more than I could chew :D )

I am planning to add two more books to the series of "Lorna the Bard", another volume of "Travelling the Roads of Skyrim" and the first book of the series "Brylla the Wild" (taking inspiration from the Beastess mod).

Sorry for the delay in updates, but I didn't anticipate the work going into building a house and placing it in the world :blush:

And if anyone can give me a pointer on how to trigger a SexLab animation when using a certain item in the house, that would be greatly appreciated :lol:

Neat mod, will dl it and check it out.  I do like the idea of an Arousel trigger after reading one of the books.  I am learning CK still, but will see if I can apply sexlab arousal to these.

Oh, and maybe if your planning on learning to make quests, the librarion at the college could possible be a quest giver to " find and retrieve ( for studying purposes of course) " for the college.  He already gives out quests to find books / literature throughout skyrim.

I am not sure if I want to make Arousal a requirement for SMUT Books. From what I read, many people are happy if a mod does not require Arousal.

My plan is to add certain items to the house that trigger an animation when activated. But to do that, I really need some help as to how to call an animation through an activation.

I might skip that idea, since I don't want to mess with the house much more if it is finished, it is supposed to be a safe storage and I wouldn't want to mess up stashed items with a poorly made update, once it is "out there".

• 2 weeks later...

If you used 0.1c, then there is no key to be found, the whole house and key thing only came with 0.1d. At the crossroad by the Meadery should be a not with a hint towards the key. Finding it involves a bit of walking. If it is too hard to find, I will give some more hints for this version and include the location as a spoiler in the .txt-file in the next version.

I don't think you have to wait for a respawn, thought. I included the items needed, not a dummy item to spawn it.

I installed 0.1d over 0.1c (using Mod Organizer I just deactivated 0.1c and activated 0.1d) about the time I updated my previous post.  It's been several days in game since then, and I do not see a note at the crossroads.  You do mean the one where the two bridges are?  I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that SD+ modified that area to place a trapdoor under the northbound bridge.  Or maybe I just have to wait a while longer for the area to refresh.

Oh, that might be the reason that you can't find the note. I didn't know that the area was modded. I guess I will change the location of the hint.

Here is where it should be:

There should be a note on a rock at the crossroads. It should be to your right if you face the road to Riverwood.

If it isn't there:

The note says, that Sven headed for Markarth. So you can find the key when following the road to Rorikstead. The satchel is somewhere between the bandit fort (Fort Greymoor, I think?) and Rorikstead on the left side of the road. Look for half buried remains of a cart.

I didn't want to make it too easy to find the key for the house, but if it turns out to be too hard to find, I will make it easier with the next update.