The Ring of Mara

Introducing marriage to Oblivion!:rolleyes:

The Ring of Mara by saddad

It is quite basic as for now, I hope to expand it in the future.

Requirements:

Loverswithpk 1.4

OBSE0020

Details:

-Get married:

Talk to Tandilwe inside the Temple of the One about endorsement of Mara, she will give you a ring for 500 gold. With this ring, you can speak with any npc in Tamriel to propose a marriage, depending on their disposition towards you, they will either accept or dismiss as a joke.

-In Marriage:

Your parterner can provide you with sex service, and follow you around.

-Breakup:

Breakup with your current partner through dialogue, or to get your partner killed.

Then you can marry with other people.

Credits:

Loverswithpk

OBSE Team

The Ring of Mara.zip

nice that it works with lovers animations, however for those with tamago, sperm isnt acquired after sex.

Also doesn't distinguish between male characters and female characters, it just assumes you're a male and when you use the sex function your female is getting a bj and she either doesnt have the futa equipped or its a imaginary phallus.

Otherwise, its got some room for improvement, well done! its a nice touch that if you end the relationship you don't get the ring back, i'd leave that be with the scripting if you go back and work on the mod for future updates.

Would it be possible to intergrate this with loversadultplayplusforSSP as it contains affairs with maried npcs, with this mod you could add consequnces for having afffairs

also there seems to be a bug that when you are a woman, you are the dominate partner instead of the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Devocracy

Yeah, the only issue with this mod is that if you use the sex with spouse option and your character is female, she'll go post op on her husband.

Sexlab has a hotkey for partners to switch positions, does the newer lovers pk have one? 

However, it really isn't a HUGE deal since one can just use the standard sex proposition dialogue option.

Oh, and I recommend first setting the npc as your characters lover, then marrying them.. that way the dialogue npc's other than your spouse will at least still mention your significant other, even though they'll refer to them as a boyfriend and not a husband.

Again, minor issue..

I'd try tweaking this mod myself but texture modding is all I know how to do when it comes to Bethesda games..

• 3 years later...

Sorry for the necro, Didn't want to start a new topic for a minor update to this mod. I went through the dialogues and did a few tweaks. Hopefully this is a much more gender choice friendly version. Won't have time to test due to life stuff, but if anyone wants to test.

When you ask your spouse for sex, the same random chance is there, but on the chance they want to, you will be given several options to choose from, allowing you to be on top or not.

RingofMaraFV.esp

• 1 year later...

Should work will all NPCs.

You ask: Will you marry me?

The only conditions are:

-You have the "Ring of Mara" (you must not equip it, in your invertory is enough )

-NPC have disposition 80 or higher.

No other conditions! No gender check or is husband/wife of the NPCs near you (In vanilla Oblivion are married NPCs.  So bigamy is possible :classic_biggrin: )

What does not work?  You do not have the dialogs ? Or Sex?  Follow?

The "Thank you for the lovely offer but my feelings for you don't go beyond friendship." he/she can only say if  disposition is 50 or higher but less 80.

And the first dialog that is checked is the "Yes, I think you are a good person." ( the accept and marry )

Dialogs are sorted, like AI packs , and the game starts with the first/top .

So the game will check if

-You have the "Ring of Mara" (you must not equip it, in your invertory is enough )

-NPC have disposition 80 or higher.

If one condition is not true the game will check the next dialog.

So the condition in your game are wrong for the " accept and marry " dialog  and the game checked the second dialog, the one with "friendship"

--------------------------------

You have the ring of mara  because without the ring you would not have "Will you marry me?" dialog. Ring of mara is condition in all 3 answer options.

So the NPC does not like you ( no disposition 80 or more )

Open the console, click the NPC and enter

Getdisposition player

See if it is 100

If not, use console, click the NPC and enter

moddisposition player 100

• 2 years later...

I am using Companion Vilja mod and it is not working with it.

I was looking for something more discreet than LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP, which works with her.

Asking her to marry me, she agrees. The ring does not appear in his inventory and no new lines of dialogue appear. With normal NPCs it works.