Current Body Popularity

Guest xlaw10

Please correct me if I've posted this in the wrong area.

I'm a little behind on popular mods, but I had a quick question. I currently have Sevenbase, and have had it for a while. I like it a good deal and appreciate just how much development is always being done with 7B in mind, but I was wondering if there's a slimmer but still very popular body that I might use in its place. I'd love to find one that sees the same options when it comes to skins and conversions, if that's doable.

More generally, any chance someone could give me a rundown of the current relevant bodies available? There are lots out there, but it's hard to tell which ones are really getting the most modder attention. I don't want to slight the less prevalent ones, but I do want to get as much variety as I can, as a choosing a body is something of a commitment.

If you are interested in trying CBBE, you should just go with Bodyslide 2 and shape the body to your own taste.  There are a lot of Bodyslide 2 conversions so it's not that difficult to find a particularly popular outfit these days.  I am told the down side to CBBE-based meshes is they have fewer vertexes than UNP-based mods.  I can see a difference in body mods that include female genitalia, but I've found that CBBE seems to handle belly morphing a bit better.  The latter could be due to stomach "bone" settings not being high enough in 7B pregnancy meshes, but all that is beyond me.  In the end, we're talking trade offs.  There is also Project C.I.T.R.U.S. which I hear is Bodyslide for UNP, but it is in beta, BBP/Belly support is also in beta, and I read there is some weird glitch with hands.  I do plan to test it one day, though.  I am not sure if there needs to be special files for it like BS2, though which would mean a whole lot of armors and clothes need to be converted (yet again). 

Currently, I am trying out a 7B hybrid (also in beta) found here on L.L. I wanted something very simple again after using BS2 for the last 6 months.

The thing with UNP is that it is very divided into many variants that are fairly popular in their own rights.

UNP, UNPB, 7B, UNPB(O), and so on

Eh, i disagree.

Just use standard UNP and you have like 95% of all UNP armours avalible to you. No other variant of UNP has ever really taken off and become popular (atleast, not popular enough to attract content creators), there's only a few things that only has a UNP-Slim or a UNPB version, almost everything else is made for standard UNP, which has a huge back-catalogue of content avalible for it.

And i woulden't call 7B a UNP variant, it's a standalone body. They both use the same texture layout (the vanilla Skyrim one, so this is not even a thing exclusive to UNP), but that's all they have in common, they are completely incompatible with eachother in every other respect.

To the OP's question:

CBBE is still the most popular body i'd say. However, it's also the exact opposite of what you requested, you asked for something slimmer than 7B, and CBBE is wider than 7B in every possible respect. It can be tweaked with Bodyslide, but my own personal experiance with it is that it's very hard to slim that body down without it looking strange. It was sculpted to look plump, and all BS can do is scale and nudge things a bit, it can't re-sculpt them, so trying to turn it into a slim body really doesen't make it look anywhere near as good as UNP or 7B does (so basically, it's a ton more work for lesser results. If you want a "slim" body, then CBBE is just not that, and was never ment to be).

There's also a lot of versioning to deal with. Do you choose the standard one? BBP? TBBP? The HDT-Body? Or the CT77 one?

UNP (vanilla) is the second biggest, with a back-catalogue of mods almost as big as what CBBE has, and it's probably what you should be looking at because it is slimmer than 7B, and it has more mods for it than 7B does.

But there's a caveat: It's probably not the body for you if you want BBP/TBBP/HDT support or anything fancy like that. These things do exist for UNP, but they are not widely supported, most UNP mods are made for the standard body, so that's something you need to be OK with.

And personally, i would say "forget all about the offshoots". UNPB, UNP-Slim, UNPK, UNPP, none of these things ever really took off, and the catalogue of content avalible to them is tiny compared to the vanilla body. There are some nice things that only work right with UNPB or UNPK, etc, but it's a drop in an ocean of good UNP mods.

7B, it had a rough start, but i would say that it is now the 3'rd most popular thing going in Skyrim, since a lot of authors took to it and have made and converted a lot of stuff for the body (way more than is avalible for off-shoot bodies like CBBE-Slim or UNPB). But of course, that's what you're using so i needen't say more.

And then there's the rest, the off-shoot bodies, the standalones that just coulden't compete with the saturation of CBBE and UNP stuff avalible, etc etc. Some of them are really nice bodies, don't get me wrong, but using them is frustrating because there really isen't a whole lot avalible to them, whilsy you constantly see new CBBE/UNP/7B mods spring up.

If you want the Top heavy fun of a sevenbase body but a smaller waist, legs... there are a couple of choices that still use UNP skins.

Top Model (low weight is similar to UNP's low, ie A cup and the high weight is similar to 7Base at the breast size with a UNP waist and legs).

UN7B (This is a Bombshell Breasts and UNP waist both at the Low and High weight)

Demonfet (Bombshell Breast and UNP waist on the low weight and Bombshell Breast and a smaller then UNP waist on the high weight).

I actually use Demonfet for my females (link in sig).

For the longest time I ran around with a mixed bag of armors (some in UNP, some in UNPB, some in Bombshell, some in Cleavage, etc etc).

Now I just rebuild all the damn armors to fit Demonfet and go from there :cool:

Oh and I put together an "add-on" for Bodyslide to allow user to turn CBBE armors into UNP armors (that is the other link in my sig).

Note: With the resources for that "add-on"... You can turn any UNP, UNPB, Bombshell, Cleavage, UNPC, UNPCM, etc type armor into a version for the UNP body type you want to use.

Ya just gotta know how to use Bodyslide and Outfit Studio.

More generally, any chance someone could give me a rundown of the current relevant bodies available? There are lots out there, but it's hard to tell which ones are really getting the most modder attention. I don't want to slight the less prevalent ones, but I do want to get as much variety as I can, as a choosing a body is something of a commitment.

These threads always remind me of this:

Amy: All right, well, who’s the best superhero?

Stuart: Shh! You can’t ask a question like that in here. Are you trying to start a rumble?

Nerd fight incoming!

(Big Bang Theory S6E13)

----------

Haha, no seriously. Let me sum it up:

CBBE is definitely the most popular, the numbers on every modding site and every poll speak for themselves. But this alone does not mean anything, you might as well conclude that McDonalds had the best food because it has the most customers.

UNP and its derivates seem to be preferred by many skilled 3D artists, but nowadays this is entirely split up. Some people still design exclusively for UNP, others only UNPB or 7B, then you have all the nice new stuff like UN7B etc.

Now CBBE has went to version v3.3 some time ago, including Bodyslide 2 which was released exactly 1 year ago.

And the good thing is that pretty much every outfit is being converted FROM all other body replacers TO Bodyslide 2, with new conversions being released every other day. While conversions between UNP variants are only being done randomly. And outside of UNP/UNPB, to my knowledge all the variants do not even have a full set of vanilla conversions - which pretty much rules them out for actual gameplay.

And there are other great bodies, some based on UNP and a few completely new ones, but good luck finding more than a dozen of outfits for those - and even the few available ones are often just fetish items that have nothing to do with the Skyrim game.

If you want my opinion on top of the facts above:

• Do you have two left hands and just want to install the most outfits with one click? Go UNP.
  • Do you want control over how exactly the body shape looks, and the option to change that anytime you want with a few clicks? Go CBBE v3.3 + Bodyslide.
  • Do you really like a specific niche body and/or want to support its creator? Install it and grab a tutorial how to convert outfits with a 3D modeling program, because all those thousands of outfits are not gonna convert themselves.

Just use standard UNP and you have like 95% of all UNP armours avalible to you.

Can only speak for myself, but if i'd use standard UNP, then equip one of those 7B variant outfits with HUGE and OBVIOUS silicone breasts, that would pretty much kill the game for me.

To each his own, right?

Coopervane, on 21 Dec 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:snapback.png

Just use standard UNP and you have like 95% of all UNP armours avalible to you.

Can only speak for myself, but if i'd use standard UNP, then equip one of those 7B variant outfits with HUGE and OBVIOUS silicone breasts, that would pretty much kill the game for me.

To each his own, right?

Exactly my issue. I love that a lot of the offshoot bodies work on UNP... but then I equip them and my char gains her own floatation devices and I sigh and throw the armour into the (once I learn to convert armours pile).

Tried CBBE a few times, but proportion wise CBBE looks like the char should be short compared to the average (5ft 2ish). Which I find conflicts with the animations occasionally so I tend to revert to 90% of default height again. There are so many good mods out there and I agree CBBE has the most armour/clothing mods. However when I looked at the asian mod sites (google translator a must for me) they have a lot of UNP/7B/UNPB armours not available elsewhere and seem to show little love for CBBE.

I'm running the "UNP HDT-PE BBP" body and it works great, not encountered any issues thus far. Also getting a nice stream of armour conversions atm. If a belly mode is a must, I'd go for CBBE. Not found a viable UNP one (maybe i've missed it) and the UNPB and 7B ones I tried creeped me out.. very odd behaviours.

To each his own, right?

Eh? That's really not what i said..

Go on the nexus or whatever and search for UNP outfits (as in, outfits made for UNP v1.2, no other version of UNP), and you will find tons of them.

Do the same search for UNPB (again, as in outfits that only work right with UNPB v2.5.2), and you will find much, much less, and most of what you find is just conversions of what already existed for UNP (there are a few exclusives, but not many).

Do the search for UNP-Slim, UNPK, UNPP and all the rest, and you will find even less still.

Thats what i mean, vanilla UNP has tons of stuff for it, the other UNP off-shoot versions do not, ergo, i'd recommend just sticking to vanilla UNP and it's outfits (because, well, it actually has them!). It is technically possible to use UNPB outfits with the UNP body and so forth, but it's not a good prospect, the bodies are not the same, they do not have the same weight-paints and there are mesh differences, so you can't just use parts from one and try to mix it with something from the other, it rarely works out.

And 7B has even less compatibillity with UNP/UNPB, so i really woulden't recommend trying to mix 7B and UNP/UNPB assets, that's not going to work out well at all. 7B is entirely it's own thing, you can use UNP skin textures for it, but nothing else, it's completely different from UNP, it was basically designed to bridge the gap between UNP and CBBE, and in many respects, it's a lot closer to CBBE than it is UNP in it's shape.

Alright then i misunderstood that sentence, my apologies.

Meaning as in all UNP variants can be worn with any other UNP-family body without texture glitches (nipples on shoulders etc), which is not possible if you wear anything between CBBE <> UNP <> ADEC <> Ladybody and such.

P.S.: and you have to admit that less and less outfits are being created for UNP, while practically nothing is backported to UNP+HDT. Even worse if you want HDT Physics Extension for everything.

Talking about HDT, which i totally forgot in my first post. This alone rules out all the older outfits / conversions.

Just a quick post to thank everyone for the great feedback on this. I'm out right now, but I'll definitely be going through this tonight.

Really appreciate it.

Sadly* yes, fresh UNP content is indeed slowing down, though it is still quite viable due to the size of it's back-catalogue (but again, it's not a great body if you have a burning need for HDT support, as it doesen't actually have a lot of that).

But fresh UNPB/UNPK/UNPP (etc etc) content has basically come to a complete standstill, and neither of them have the huge back-catalogue to lean on, so yeah, i'll still point to vanilla UNP as beeing the go-to body if you want to use UNP.

* I say sadly, because to me 7B and CBBE are just not an option, they are just not what i like, quite far from it actually. Entirely 1000% personal opinion, i'm not saying they are bad or anything like that, yadda yadda yadda insert massive disclaimer here, they are just not for me.

* I say sadly, because to me 7B and CBBE are just not an option, they are just not what i like, quite far from it actually. Entirely 1000% personal opinion, i'm not saying they are bad or anything like that, yadda yadda yadda insert massive disclaimer here, they are just not for me.

I don't think that many people actually use the base CBBE shape nowadays?

Have to admit that this base CBBE shape looks more like a slightly chubbier barbie doll, in particular if you use the default textures (i think it is meant to look like that, so no offense to Caliente).

But with Bodyslide 2 you can achieve 100% realistic body shapes too, with 100% HDT updated outfit coverage starting with either CT77 remodeled- or s666 hi-poly vanilla conversions.

Only thing you'll have to live with are the overall lower poly count, and details like the vagina simply looks better with UNP. You hardly get to see that even with SexLab animations, so that's not a major concern for me.

To each his own, right?

Eh? That's really not what i said..

Go on the nexus or whatever and search for UNP outfits (as in, outfits made for UNP v1.2, no other version of UNP), and you will find tons of them.

Do the same search for UNPB (again, as in outfits that only work right with UNPB v2.5.2), and you will find much, much less, and most of what you find is just conversions of what already existed for UNP (there are a few exclusives, but not many).

What's the problem of the armor being a conversion? All the "UNP" armors have pretty much always alternate download link to UNPB or whatever body type. If not, then wait a day and someone makes the conversion.

What's the problem of the armor being a conversion? All the "UNP" armors have pretty much always alternate download link to UNPB or whatever body type. If not, then wait a day and someone makes the conversion.

There's nothing wrong with conversions at all (well, assuming they were made with care, and not phoned in). The problem is that they do not happen anywhere near as often as you suggest.

Not a single one of my favorite UNP mods have ever been converted UNPB, much less to Slim, UNPK, UNPP etc etc, let alone other bodies like CBBE, and most of them have existed for years and years. There are also tons of nice 7B and CBBE ones which do not have any UNP version, and never will.

So i have to disagree.

So, I've used cbbe, 7b, top model, and a couple others over the years, and I'm thinking I'll give Bodyslide 2 a shot now. I used it once but switched back to 7b, purely to keep a few of my favorite gear available. I've always felt that 7b had great armors and was very well-crafted, but I've always seen the bottom-heavy form as something of a compromise.

My main question is how BodySlide 2 relates to HDT body. It looks like the latter is no longer being supported, but I wanted to be sure I'm not giving anything up by using Bodyslide. With the XPMS skeleton, can I get all the movement, the TBBP, the HDT, all the physics, etc.?

My personal take - if you use any of the major bodies (CBBE, UNP, 7B), you will probably find enough content to make you happy enough. You -always- will have to make some compromises as there always will be the odd armour you really love that's only available for the-body-you're-not-using. Personally - to me Bodyslide 2 CBBE is the current state of the body mod art and there is little reason to use anything else unless you really want a slimmer body, in which case UNP is the way to go. Perhaps CITRUS will be able to shake up things a little in case it ever releases before we all die of old age, but other than that, you can safely ignore any other body mod unless you want to be stuck with an extremely limited choice of gear to wear. That's what brought me back to CBBE after a short foray into UNPB land.

I agree that there are probably much less UNPB exclusives than UNP vanilla exclusives armor/clothing, factoring in that there are plenty of armor/clothing that has both UNP and UNPB versions just by numbers alone support for UNP is more numerous.

But I think as pointed out earlier the lack of HDT support is a problem of UNP, yet UNPB seems to have more love in that department along with 7B (and its own variants, ugh), and CBBE.

I think all of that need to be consider, also are we willing to judge current popularity as simply going through backlog? I mean looking at what is popular today by digging through the past?

In that case I think CBBE is the (clear?) winner here since it has impressive backlog and reasonable support for HDT, TBBP, belly and what have you.

From what I have seen it seems like UNPB and 7B has the latest/most HDT related content, but in terms of sheer number armor/clothing mods available they are still inferior to both CBBE and UNP.

Now we are at a cross road of features set vs backlog of armor/clothing

Plus there's also animation to consider

Oh no... someone brought up HDT....

HDT's about to get a face lift...Thanks to Groove and Blabba.

Currently the new bones are only in Citrus Alpha 4 (yeah ALPHA not BETA, NOT something to use on a full PLAY thru, just ALPHA).

But adding those bones to CBBE, to UNP or to Unified UNP is not that hard.

As for the Skeleton:

XPMS is dead.... the creator is not updating it, and it does not support HDT at all (you'ld probably CTD if you tried to run HDT armors with the default XPMS skeleton installed).

That being said Groove revamped the XPMS Skeleton and added in HDT support and that is called XPMSE or XPMS EXTENDED.

And XPMSE is going thru upgrades thanks to Blabba's new bones for Racemenu node scaling (cat bag, out you go).

And Racemenu is upgrading:

RM 3.0 has an easier interface then 2.53, include face sculpting like ece...

Add in XPMSE's RM plugin and you can flip your weapon locations on the fly via the Style sliders in RM.

Like your one handed sword on your back, style 1 for 1h, like it in the original location. style 0 for 1h.... then you just need the draw and sheath animations and your golden.

Now If I could just get Stuffed Bunny, Blabba, Cell, and some others in a room together...

Maybe something can come out and kick both CBBE and UNP in the teeth... and yeah I'm try'n to do just that.

Oh no... someone brought up HDT....

HDT's about to get a face lift...Thanks to Groove and Blabba.

Currently the new bones are only in Citrus Alpha 4 (yeah ALPHA not BETA, NOT something to use on a full PLAY thru, just ALPHA).

But adding those bones to CBBE, to UNP or to Unified UNP is not that hard.

As for the Skeleton:

XPMS is dead.... the creator is not updating it, and it does not support HDT at all (you'ld probably CTD if you tried to run HDT armors with the default XPMS skeleton installed).

That being said Groove revamped the XPMS and added in HDT support and that is called XPMSE or XPMS EXTENED.

And XPMSE is going thru upgrades thanks to Blabba's new bones for Racemenu node scaling (cat bag, out you go).

And Racemenu is upgrading:

RM 3.0 has an easier interface then 2.53, include face sculpting like ece...

Add in XPMSE's RM plugin and you can flip your weapon locations on the fly via the Style sliders in RM.

Like your one handed sword on your back, style 1 for 1h, like it in the original location. style 0 for 1h.... then you just need the draw and sheath animations and your golden.

Now If I could just get Stuffed Bunny, Blabba, Cell, and some others in a room together...

Maybe something can come out and kick both CBBE and UNP in the teeth... and yeah I'm try'n to do just that.

I thought I read some vague suggestion somewhere that XPMS Extended 2 didn't do something that older skeletons still do. Is that not the case?

Since no one else answered, i'll drop some layman's knowledge:

Yes the old XP32 skeletons are kind of distorting the body (perfect 3-2 etc).

XPMSE went back to vanilla scaling, so the bodies will look pretty much exactly like they are designed. And i THINK this was done in favor of RaceMenu options, which allows you now to scale body parts similar to custom sliders in The Sims 3, and WEAPON PLACEMENT (2H weapon on hip! No more weapons stuck in the buttocks!).

Probably HDT functionaliy as well (see "torpedo boobs" issues with old XPMS + TBBP + HDT PE).

I was kind of shocked when i updated to XPMSE 2.0+, but that's just how the bodies are designed. Like UNP wasn't meant to have such long legs, really has wider shoulders and so on.

The only thing that does NOT work, would be trying to use a TBBP body, not have HDT PE installed, and try to play TBBP animations (the ones that move breast and butt bones). But that is superfluous since HDT PE takes care of all the bounce and jiggle.

Thank you very much for such a detailed response. And thanks again to everyone for the answers here.

And just to clarify, which body has wider shoulders and which one has longer legs?

Archived