Kendo 2's Enchanted Arrows (ABANDONED)

View File

(@ modders; if you want ownership of this mod PM me and I will arrange it with the staff.)

KENDO 2'S ENCHANTED ARROWS

Use your own skills and know how to unlock one of the mysteries of the Dwemer, their magical arrows.

I made this for myself because I was sick and tired of the way Skyrim cheats the player on some creatures and Vampire NPCs. They are damage sponges and I did something about it that's not game-breaking or a cheat.

HOW IT WORKS:
Each arrow has its own projectile in the CK with a dummy explosion attached along with the added enchantments. The explosion doesn't do anything other than allow for the arrow to have an enchantment. The rest is just recipes and craft stations like any vanilla weapon.
As for the enchantment itself, any creature that has the perk entry point ModIncomingDamage, a crDamageReduction magical ability, or can otherwise resist damage takes FULL DAMAGE from the arrows.
This means that tough draugr, spriggans, dragons, werewolves, ghosts, some vanilla vampires and just about every creature added by Dawnguard or Dragonborn are ready for you to hand them their asses once you start pumping them full of magic arrows. They are no longer immune and you can watch their Health Bars plummet as the game mechanics does its thing.
As a precaution I added the Vampire KeyWord to the spell effect, just in case some other modder thought it would be cute to use vampires in some clever way to make them tougher by removing the undead KeyWord. If anything is flagged with the KeyWords my enchantments search for, they're toast.

GAME PLAY:
The arrows must be crafted and the recipes will start to be unlocked automatically when you have the Perks Dwarven Smithing (skill level 30) and Arcane Blacksmith (skill level 60). At that point you will be able to craft Dwemer Alloy Ingots at the Smelter and Dwemer Magical Arrows at the Smithing Forge.

Dwemer Alloy Ingot
Skills/Perks: (Black Smithing 60), Arcane Blacksmith, Dwarven Smithing
Required Materials: 1 Corundum Ore, 1 Quicksilver Ore

Dwemer Magical Arrow, Common
Skills/Perks: (Black Smithing 60), Arcane Blacksmith, Dwarven Smithing
Required Materials: 1 Firewood, 1 Dwemer Alloy Ingot, 1 Filled Common Soul Gem
Stats: Value 7, Damage 16 (+ 10 additional points of damage to undead and lycanthropes).

At Blacksmithing skill level 70 you will be able to craft Greater Dwemer Magical Arrows.

Dwemer Magical Arrow, Greater
Skills/Perks: (Black Smithing 70), Arcane Blacksmith, Dwarven Smithing
Required Materials: 1 Firewood, 1 Dwemer Alloy Ingot, 1 Filled Greater Soul Gem
Stats: Value 9, Damage 18 (+ 20 additional points of damage to undead and lycanthropes).

At Blacksmithing skill level 80 you will be able to craft Grand Dwemer Magical Arrows.

Dwemer Magical Arrow, Grand
Skills/Perks: (Black Smithing 80), Arcane Blacksmith, Dwarven Smithing
Required Materials: 1 Firewood, 1 Dwemer Alloy Ingot, 1 Filled Grand Soul Gem
Stats: Value 11, Damage 20 (+ 30 additional points of damage to undead and lycanthropes).

Regardless of the level of your Blacksmithing skill, all of the arrows are listed in the Dwarven category. You simply will not be able to see them until you have the necessary Perks and Blacksmithing skill level.

ROLE PLAY IT:
Originally I intended to have a tome that taught the process as a reward from Calcelmo in Markarth but I decided against that. Despite the pathetic things NPCS say or what Bethesda dev-nerds think, your character is not a dumbass. You're the Dragonborn and the savior of Skyrim. I think you would be able to figure 2+2=4 and devise making enchanted arrows on your own. You know enough to smelt and forge Dwarven weapons and armor, you know enough to improve enchanted weapons and armor, and you know that filled soul gems can recharge weapons and staves. You've seen Steam Centurions shoot glowing arrows at you. If you look at it that way, creating enchanted arrows is not that big of a leap.

CREDITS/PERMISSIONS:
A special Thank You to corespore for testing this for me in the early stages and his input concerning Dawnguard creatures.

Feel free to use the way I did things in the CK for your own mods. No credit necessary (unless you feel like it). Other than that, I don't see the need to make this a resource. Open my esp and see how I did it and then make your own in the CK.

NOTE: I have abandoned this mod. There will not be any updates or support provided, and I will not be responding to posts. For all intent and purposes this mod is dead until such a time that someone capable of maintaining the upload page contacts me via PM.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/20/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim.esm and Update.esm
  • Special Edition Compatible

ROLE PLAY IT:

I agree. I hate it when something is set up where I have to go and find a scroll for something that I should be able to figure out on my own. It is like bringing in a foreign car to a mechanic that hasnt worked on one. They understand how engines work and with some thought an experienced mechanic should be able to figure out where the spark plugs ;). In this world of Skyrim it makes perfect sense that a high level individual in smithing and enchanting should be able to figure out how to enchant these arrows etc

Question:

Are you going to add the same to the bolts?

Finally...

You are an a roll Kendo.. :D

Question:

Are you going to add the same to the bolts?

Hail NO!  I hate Dawnguard.  I hate it so much I won't download any mods that list it as a requirement.  In fact, Dawnguard is one of the reasons I made these arrows in the first place.

My 45th level sneaky light armor fighter can use his exquisite-crafted ebony bow enchanted with 45 points of fire damage and shoot ebony arrows from stealth and two-shot giants.  They get one in the back and another when they turn around and they are DEAD.  I can kill mammoths in three shots from stealth with the perks I have for archery and sneaking.

I can do all of that but if I shoot a Dawnguard Master Vampire using the same tactics I can look at his Health Bar and it's not even at the half way mark yet...and it's climbing back up towards full health as I watch.  THAT is bullshit.  I just did over 500 points of damage in less than 10 seconds and he's okay, just gonna walk it off...

That was when I realized that DLC was total bullshit.  But if you like Dawnguard and you're an archer then this is the mod for you, as long as you don't ask me to make anything for it...because I'm not...because Dawnguard sucks.  :P

Finally...

You are an a roll Kendo.. :D

Not really.  All I'm doing is dissecting my own game's Master.esp that I use for everything and redoing it in mod form, piece by piece.

Skyrim was first to not have enchanted arrows, and it should've been available in the vanilla game in my opinion.

I didn't understand that either, since the basic mechanics were in the CK to begin with.  I really missed enchanted arrows from Morrowind and Oblivion.

All it takes is making copies of the arrow's projectile and assigning a dummy explosion with no force or area that has a vanilla weapon enchantment attached to it.  It can all be done by simple renaming, drop-downs and checking/unchecking boxes.  Once that's done (all five minutes of it) you make a copy of the arrow that matches the projectile and BAM! you have magic arrows.  I guess I need to write another 'Do it Dirty' tutorial.  It's that easy.

One thing I did run into though.  Using the arcane enchanter, it is possible to make an enchanted arrow, as in one arrow per soul gem. :dodgy:  After getting creative with KeyWords I was able to get the enchanter to recognize arrows and add weapon enchantments as normal.  It is normal to use one soul gem for one axe or dagger and that's what it did for arrows, which is too expensive.  Even with petty soul gems those arrows were worth 120 gold a piece. :lol:

I see what Kawauso is asking for. I played on normal and don't have the same issues. Might be the settings that are causing it. Yes Kendo I agree that that shouldn't matter. ;) That is that shouldn't be affecting the outcome like you are experiencing.

tl;dr Skyrim's balance is crap

Higher difficulties reduce your damages while you take more damages to the point where you do 1 damage for every 12 you take.

AI is dumb as a mudcrab so it's "acceptable".

Buff AI, not damages = balanced game.

Buff damages = any difficulty but the highest ones become unbalanced fucks.

Buff defenses = player become a sponge in easy mode, enemies become brick walls in European Extreme.

Even on default Adept setting the Dawnguard vampires are OP as fuck.  That was what I used the first time I played it.  Dawnguard vampires are like the Ghoul Reavers from the FO3 DLCs, damage sponges and a waste of resources.  That aside, if you're saying the mod makes the player OP then don't use it.

Even on default Adept setting the Dawnguard vampires are OP as fuck.  That was what I used the first time I played it.  Dawnguard vampires are like the Ghoul Reavers from the FO3 DLCs, damage sponges and a waste of resources.  That aside, if you're saying the mod makes the player OP then don't use it.

Kendo I never stated that the mod would make the player OP.. if that is what you obtained from my comments. I get my ass handed to me on various games even on standard "Adept" settings are more than enough challenge for me with Skyrim. Other games I can play at a higher level not Skyrim. I don't understand the various techniques or approaches to handle the various enemies etc yet. In fact it is very likely that I would need this mod if I played a bow character. Currently I am playing a mage and my bow skills are quite low and not going to raise anytime soon.

PS. I hated Ghoul Reavers in FO3. I agree those MF'ers were a pain. ;)

I didn't mean YOU, meathead. :P

Anyway, I did a comparison:

Dwemer Magical Arrow, Common cost 8.16 gold each to make and sell for 7 gold each.  They do 16 points of regular damage plus 10 to undead/lycanthropes only.

Dwemer Magical Arrow, Greater cost 16.5 gold each to make and sell for 9 gold each.  They do 18 points of regular damage plus 20 to undead/lycanthropes only.

Dwemer Magical Arrow, Grand cost 22.75 gold each to make and sell for 11 gold each.  They do 20 points of regular damage plus 30 to undead/lycanthropes only.

The Dawguard crossbow exploding Dwarven bolts do 14 points of regular damage to the target it hits, plus 15 points of magical damage to that target and every creature in a 10' radius regardless if they are undead/lycanthropes or not.  The DLC bolts cost 15 gold each.

At every turn (except when fighting magical creatures) the arrows in the mod are more expensive and do less damage.  They are only good for one thing, and that is killing magical creatures; which is what they are for.  They are no more effective against mundane creatures and NPCs than regular vanilla arrows.

I didn't mean YOU, meathead. :P

Good. :D Just wanted to be sure.

At every turn (except when fighting magical creatures) the arrows in the mod are more expensive and do less damage.  They are only good for one thing, and that is killing magical creatures; which is what they are for.  They are no more effective against mundane creatures and NPCs than regular vanilla arrows.

OFF TOPIC:

That made me think. The same principle could be done with other weapons like swords and such, correct? Say like enchanting a silver sword with "blessed" enchantment from the appropriate Dedra etc. That sword would inflict major damage to that (those) creatures and not more than normal to other creatures / people. It would provide a very unique and useful set of tools for those that want to play at harder levels without getting their asses handed to them. They have to do more work but get more benefit and like you pointed out the cost would be higher and completely useless against non specified creatures/NPCs

OFF TOPIC:

That made me think. The same principle could be done with other weapons like swords and such, correct? Say like enchanting a silver sword with "blessed" enchantment from the appropriate Dedra etc. That sword would inflict major damage to that (those) creatures and not more than normal to other creatures / people. It would provide a very unique and useful set of tools for those that want to play at harder levels without getting their asses handed to them. They have to do more work but get more benefit and like you pointed out the cost would be higher and completely useless against non specified creatures/NPCs

I already have that done.  My for-fun Sexlab female mage has an elven dagger 'Lich Bane'.  Vampires/Undead up to level 35 flee combat for 30 seconds, are set on fire and take extra damage.  Against anything else it is just an elven dagger.  I did that with vanilla enchantments so doing a custom one is 100% possible.  In fact, I might do that.

Anyway, since I did this and gvman3670 mentioned the lack of magical arrows in Skyrim; that's what I'm working on right now.  Morrowind/Oblivion style enchanted arrows that do leveled fire, frost or shock damage depending of the type of arrow and the level of the player.

That reminds me there was a mod that changed silver to work on pretty much anything magical, but I can't find it again.

The silver magic effect is one of the ones that can't be learned and is locked away from the player.  It is a basic effect that does keyword searches via condition.  Making it accessible to the player wouldn't be that hard.