Newmiller Heels and Stockings

RaulCuevas

As I''m sure many of you are aware, Newmiller mods have disappeared again from the nexus. I'm about to start a new character, and I wanted to use the newmiller's autumn heels and stockings for CBBE. However, they are gone, along all the other mods.

I've searched over the web and I cannot find them (only dead lnks to nexus pages). I'm talking about this stash: http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-4116827-1-1.html

I'm aware a thread abput lost newmiller mods existe here, and there I found the next link: http://modmaximus.net/search/?q=newmiller; however, they aren't all the mods. 

So, in short, I'd like to ask if someone have a alternative copy of the Autumn hells and stockings for CBBE, or maybe other heels mods from newmiller, apart from the Heels on Plataform, for CBBE.

Thanks!

xD

Well, I don't know about that. Nexus drama usually comes from the prudes, SJW's and drama queens that are usually the moderators, not the mod authors. But yeah, his account doesn't have any mod at all and you can't find the with the search function.

@Madjohn - thanks! :)

lol, did this drama queen delete all his stuff again!?

I started out modding on Nexus and you can't always blame the modders. There's a core group of SJW dipshits there that will question the legitness of everything you convert.

I constantly got messages of "Hey you credited XYZ for that armor which should be ZXY which leads me to question whether you have permissions at all". Truth be told it's impossible to get permissions on some stuff because it's old or the authors just don't respond or I downloaded a conversion of a conversion.

I got fed up and just started blocking these cunts which got me reported and banned. I don't get those cunts. Why persecute good modders that provide content which drive traffic?

I started out modding on Nexus and you can't always blame the modders. There's a core group of SJW dipshits there that will question the legitness of everything you convert.

I constantly got messages of "Hey you credited XYZ for that armor which should be ZXY which leads me to question whether you have permissions at all". Truth be told it's impossible to get permissions on some stuff because it's old or the authors just don't respond or I downloaded a conversion of a conversion.

I got fed up and just started blocking these cunts which got me reported and banned. I don't get those cunts. Why persecute good modders that provide content which drive traffic?

this is such a thing with the copyright, how would you react if someone uses your work without asking you for permission?

it would certainly not liked you, or!

this is such a thing with the copyright, how would you react if someone uses your work without asking you for permission?

And that is something that stops evolution.

All will end up like Apple/Google/Microsoft and so on and no new is coming out.

If the content is actively being sold then I would understand copyright challenge.

If the product is not being used to actively make money then I don't feel bad for improving upon it. And I always try to give credit where it's due but if an author has abandoned their work, which is often the case, getting permission is impossible.

If the content is actively being sold then I would understand copyright challenge.

If the product is not being used to actively make money then I don't feel bad for improving upon it. And I always try to give credit where it's due but if an author has abandoned their work, which is often the case, getting permission is impossible.

I can understand that everything in modding it should not be about money!

but unfortunately this is not the case, the original mod authors have a lot of money to pay for their works (for outfits and weapons and and and) they do not develop these things yourself! as you can understand there is often trouble.

I can understand that everything in modding it should not be about money!

but unfortunately this is not the case, the original mod authors have a lot of money to pay for their works (for outfits and weapons and and and) they do not develop these things yourself! as you can understand there is often trouble.

Sorry I'm not understanding your grammar. But I assume your point is the same as before. My point doesn't change. There are plenty of gear that list credit to but no permissions required. So that invalidates part of your argument. If a armor is abandoned then that invalidates part of your argument. If I convert something I downloaded which turns out to be a conversion of someone else's original and I'm notified of copyright then I'll take the proper steps.

If you yourself have problems with copyright issues then you shouldn't be downloading ANY custom armor conversions at risk of violating someone's copyright. You should be actively seeking the originals and paying the authors.

I think the point sansime is making is that often assets used in mods have a murky origin going all the way back to a guy who paid for a Daz shop render, or an artist who created an original texture set, and they've subsequently changed hands many times over. 

I see this all the time, often little scraps of an asset that I've seen used on a dozen different armors from a dozen different authors. The permissions are there on the page, but how accurate are they? We end users certainly won't know (or care if we're honest). 

Mostly the only time I personally can ever be confident of where an armor piece and it's textures have come from originally, it's Krista's stuff. 

Err.. just to make one thing clear: Selling a Skyrim mod would be illegal.

There actually are legal rules about modding, one firm rule is that modders are not allowed to change any part of the game engine. We did not buy the engine-license, and so we are not permitted to touch it. Mods can expand on engine features, they can plug in to the engine and build onto of it, work around it, whatever, but they are not allowed to change it.

The other firm rule is that you are not allowed to make a profit off of your mod. As a modder you are not the copyright holder of the game, the Publisher is, so you are not allowed to monetize what you release for it, only the Publisher has that right.

There exist exceptions, there are games who's engine went open source (like the doom and quake engines), and there are a few companies that are experimenting with selling modded content in some opt-in profit-share system, but those exceptions only exist when the copyright holders allow them to, and only to the extent that they permit.

Skyrim has no such system in place, so it would be illegal to sell a Skyrim mod.

This is what Newmiller posted on his pages (I highlighted the statement that should quell any arguments concerning 'copywrites' that has or will arise during situations like this).

Permissions
If you want to convert it to other bodies/add more colors/retexture it/add in your mash-ups/add it to your followers mods/change armor type or item slot/e.t.c. - you are welcome!!!
You can do whatever you want with this file while what you have done with it is non-commercial distribution and you give link to me in credits as original author.

I kept a copy of his permission because I plan to include his Vampire Cuirass and Wings with a project I hope to get done and release.

I think the point sansime is making is that often assets used in mods have a murky origin going all the way back to a guy who paid for a Daz shop render, or an artist who created an original texture set, and they've subsequently changed hands many times over. 

I see this all the time, often little scraps of an asset that I've seen used on a dozen different armors from a dozen different authors. The permissions are there on the page, but how accurate are they? We end users certainly won't know (or care if we're honest). 

Mostly the only time I personally can ever be confident of where an armor piece and it's textures have come from originally, it's Krista's stuff. 

Thank you for verballizing what I couldn't make clear.

• 5 months later...

This is what Newmiller posted on his pages (I highlighted the statement that should quell any arguments concerning 'copywrites' that has or will arise during situations like this).

Permissions

If you want to convert it to other bodies/add more colors/retexture it/add in your mash-ups/add it to your followers mods/change armor type or item slot/e.t.c. - you are welcome!!!

You can do whatever you want with this file while what you have done with it is non-commercial distribution and you give link to me in credits as original author.

I kept a copy of his permission because I plan to include his Vampire Cuirass and Wings with a project I hope to get done and release.

I will post these up for CBBE and UNP. The problem with the "modmaximus" files (for us English readers) is they are in Russian and translate to gibberish in-game. These are English versions. I modified the .esp slightly; adding a second (unarmored / clothing version) of each shoe. The original light armor versions are listed as "heels armor...etc." They can be easily found via console by typing "help heels", or crafted under leather at forges.

Cheers!

All credit to NewMiller, of course!

NewMiller Heels & Stockings - CBBE.rar

NewMiller Heels & Stockings - UNP.rar

Archived