Need opinions (body replacers, etc)

speckledsnake

Ok, I have been on a long break from Skyrim after modding it into oblivion (no pun intended). It was a mess when I left it, and many of the mods have been updated/improved in the time, so I'm going to start fresh with a clean install and go at it again. I feel pretty ok with handling the ENB/environmental/gameplay mods, but as far as body replacers, I'm just as torn as I was nearly a year ago. I'm looking for some input and some opinions.

I had been using UNP, and then UNPetite, in combination with a ton of great detail mods (SG Textures, Iridium Eyes, Eyes of Skyrim, Apachi Sky Hair, UNP Delicate, etc). Another thing I liked about UNP/UNPetite was that there were a ton of lingerie/clothing mods (zzjays, undies by petrovich, etc). I also have a preference for petite figures, clearly.

I have been looking at CBBE and CBPE ( = Petite edition), but I'm not sure if armor/outfits for CBBE would fit CBPE (and if so, would they resize the body when worn)? Would most face/hair mods be compatible with any body, or if I switched to say CBBE, would I need to find all new facial mods? The Physics Extension seems interesting - is it notable, or more of a novelty? Is it hard to get working properly?

I'm looking for any and all opinions, on a body replacer, the HDT physics extension, etc. Which body will give me the most variety in HD textures, outfits/armor/undies, functionality in fine-tuning, etc?

I'm sorry if this is a bit broad, but I'm really having a hard time finding any concise round-up of which body types feature the most all-around options/benefits/flexibility.

Thanks for any responses!

My recommendation since you are starting fresh would be the citrus body for females. It's still in development but is proving very flexible and intriguing.

and shape atlas for men for your males.

I've seen this name all over the place (re: CITRUS). It looks like a great project, but I'm hesitant for 1. lack of support mods (clothing, etc), and 2. "It is highly suggested that you tweak the calfs and thigh values to suit your own animations better. The key is to edit the CONSTRAINTS, you do not need to edit the rigidbody information (except for inertia tensors)."

Sliders/user-end tweaks are fine for me, but I'm not able to invest the time in learning technical/modder practices at the moment.

Shape Atlas looks pretty amazing. I see it is incompatible with SOS - I guess its fully integrated? It is apparently incompatible with other skeleton mods (for instance if I continue to use XP32)...I'll read up more on this.

Thanks for response. I'm at a loss trying to sift through all these options.

Once you see HDTPE working in your game, you'll never go back to static female bodies. Trust me on this.

Now for HDTPE properly working you have to use XMPSE, and at least according to the SAM link, that is not compatible.

Even worse, RaceMenu is not compatible? This alone disqualifies any mod for me.

Also all the outfit conversions for SAM are skimpy gay/fetish stuff, just so you know where you're headed.

Once you see HDTPE working in your game, you'll never go back to static female bodies. Trust me on this.

Now for HDTPE properly working you have to use XMPSE, and at least according to the SAM link, that is not compatible.

Even worse, RaceMenu is not compatible? This alone disqualifies any mod for me.

Also all the outfit conversions for SAM are skimpy gay/fetish stuff, just so you know where you're headed.

Ha. Am I understanding this correctly as "the greatest mod I'll never use"? I'm principally interested in spending hours fine-tuning my character once everything is up and functional, so if there's no racemenu compatibility, then agreed, "This alone disqualifies any good mod for me".

I don't really understand all the physics options (or even the acronyms) - I gather that CBBE will give me more adjustment options than UNPetite did. CBPE will be a second install, as a default "base" from which to adjust measurements. I think that in addition to the HDT Physics Extension (or whatever its called), there's an additional plugin I need to make it functional with CBBE/CBPE. I assume this process is generally the same with any physics-enabled model I decide on.

I have had a surprisingly hard time finding an aggregated, "this is how you install/do everything you need to install/do to have a physics-enabled model replacer in your game", which is why I'm not categorically bypassing static bodies - I have an incredible mental block about learning this sort of thing.

I've seen this name all over the place (re: CITRUS). It looks like a great project, but I'm hesitant for 1. lack of support mods (clothing, etc), and 2. "It is highly suggested that you tweak the calfs and thigh values to suit your own animations better. The key is to edit the CONSTRAINTS, you do not need to edit the rigidbody information (except for inertia tensors)."

Sliders/user-end tweaks are fine for me, but I'm not able to invest the time in learning technical/modder practices at the moment.

Valid concerns.

1. I'm still working morphs so I don't expect there to be outfits done for it until I finish them.

2. The default settings *should* work fine for most animations. I wrote the hdt addendum more for hdt perfectionists to fiddle around with, for the average user I expect defaults to be decent.

But by no means is CITRUS a finished product for you to be using as your main replacer (yet!)

My only suggestion is get MO and install whatever body's textures and mods you want and compare them yourself.

Valid concerns.

1. I'm still working morphs so I don't expect there to be outfits done for it until I finish them.

2. The default settings *should* work fine for most animations. I wrote the hdt addendum more for hdt perfectionists to fiddle around with, for the average user I expect defaults to be decent.

But by no means is CITRUS a finished product for you to be using as your main replacer (yet!)

My only suggestion is get MO and install whatever body's textures and mods you want and compare them yourself.

From what I gather, your project is taking off in popularity and there is a lot of anticipation. I've seen it in a lot of posts as I have been clicking around in the last couple of hours trying to figure out where to begin.

I use NMM, because its the most user-friendly, and as mentioned, I can't invest a ton of time (and with likely minimal results) in learning to be more hands-on about all of this. I guess I'm just trying to step up from UNPetite at the moment, and get the physics extension involved if its something I can manage relatively painlessly. Just out of curiosity (unless you can't answer for political reasons), is there a model you started your work with and/or would prefer outside of your own project? I'm really just trying to gather any direct information from others because trying to blindly shape my opinion just reading through threads has been futile.

I'm more of a UNP fan myself (strictly because it has a superior UV map, less angular edges etc... than cbbe)

I can't say I really liked any of the other bodies out there but that I liked a lot of parts of various bodies (hence my reason for doing citrus lol)

If your a fan of UNPetite, I'd say definitely stick with it or Litheria from nexus (The new citrus v4 baseshape is based on both a bit loosely)

UNP is pretty close to being the "perfect" body. The problem with perfection is, that it eventually gets boring.

If you look at the males (even in vanilla), they have a huge range from "slim jim" to "masters of the universe". Why should women all have ideal 90-60-90 measures with only 1-5% weight difference? I mean, how many women IRL do actually have such a perfect body?

So just because of that, Bodyslide any time.

And the poly count is an important factor, but the highest poly body doesn't help me if there is not even a full vanilla/DLC conversion.

#1 Get Mod Organizer and move your Skyrim game folder out of Program Files (x86) . (I put mine in C:\Games\Steam.....etc, etc)

#2 Get Caliente's BodySlide. A CBBE HDT body can be made to whatever proportions you want. Save your "ideal girl" as a preset. BodySlide-able outfits are abundant.

#3 Use XPMSE 2.22 skeleton (or higher... I see it's up to 2.32 now)

I have more than 1 preset in BodySlide. My vanilla preset goes to basically everyone. Remodeled Armor by chronotrigger replaces all vanilla clothing and armors.

I have a preset specifically for my Succubus Race character... I mean... they ARE supposed to be a bit more voluptuous, aren't they? She gets special outfits that I BodySlide just for her to wear. Nobody else gets to wear them. She's.... s p e c i a l.... :)

Then there's Rosa "Round Bottom". She has her own preset. She comes with nice armor, but I BodySlided a couple of extra outfits for her.

I was maintaining some special presets/armo/clothing sets for Ningheim and Lunari, but honestly haven't played them much since getting the Succubus Race. 

With Mod Organizer I can write "mini-mods" that simply overwrite specific races to give them custom bodies, or I can bodySlide an outfit 3 different ways (3 different presets) and just activate the one I want for that profile in MO.

There are lots of textures to choose from and right now I can't honestly say I'm using just one. I think my vanilla uses SG and parts of that are overwritten for Succubus Race.... you get the idea. VERY flexible.

And with MO you can have CBBE bodies in one profile (or more than one) and UNP in another, and UNPB in another and ..... I have like 30 profiles, 7 or 8 different body types, and I can copy a profile to test a mod before committing it to a profile that's important to me. 

Ok, I'm rambling..... but I'm old so I feel entitled :)

Archived