Advice to Start Modding

Oraclesoldier

By advice I mean like where I can get a decent basic education on what I need to do with scripts to achieve what I want. I've had my mind on a few modding ideas for a while, I can either try it or do nothing so I'm thinking about getting into it. The two ideas in a nutshell I want to do involve:

A ) Creating a "Dueling" type of mod (like starting a Brawl but with swords / magic, either to the death or until somebody loses.)

B ) A Crime Mod where either existing Unique actors or dynamically generated actors are randomly involved in crime periodically that results in either death, or them being sent to prison. Other simple features would include more NPCs in prison and what not.

I feel like I could accomplish "A" by reading the Wizard Duel script (Reference to what I'm talking about http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Wizard_Duel)so that might not be a script heavy or difficult mod depending on what I do...

But B would definitely take some more thinking, and experience. I'm starting so fresh right now so I just wanted to ask anyone with any experience, even if a little because I'm sure anything will help me get started. It'll also help motivate me to at least make a good effort.

Archived