Missing textures with ghost armor?

Womb Raider

I don't think it's missing I think it's using the ghost suit textures. Load up the nif into nifskope and click the body and then click the arrow left of the BSShaderTextureSet below the highlighted line in the left to get the drop down then click right of the blank area to the right of the purple flower looking thing. Then check and see what textures the body is using.  If you look at the shoudler closer you can designs there.

Missing textures = purple color.

I don't think it's missing I think it's using the ghost suit textures. Load up the nif into nifskope and click the body and then click the arrow left of the BSShaderTextureSet below the highlighted line in the left to get the drop down then click right of the blank area to the right of the purple flower looking thing. Then check and see what textures the body is using.  If you look at the shoudler closer you can designs there.

Missing textures = purple color.

I'm not sure if I understand nifscope or how the files work with fallout meshes/ textures well enough to understand what you're asking me to do.

I loaded ghostarmor.nif into nifscope and I'm not seeing any purple looking icons. 

Sorry for the lack of understanding

A fallout armor or any one for any of beths games if you have it installed into your game folder you can see what it looks like in nifskope by going to render then settings then follow the folder path to the data folder then click the data folder and hit ok. This will render it in nifskope and any nif in your fallout folder will now render when loaded into nifskope. Things that are white in color are things missing/misplaced texture files incorrect name/file path or they are using in game textures in game textures will not render in nifskope unless you extract them from the texture BSA and place them into your game folder. In game missing textures = purple in nifskope missing textures = white.

When you click a item in the nif when loaded into nifskope it will highlight a line in the left below the highlighted line is the things for that item. 

post-25667-0-13978400-1419060516_thumb.jpg

The BSShaderTextureSet is usually 2 below the highlighted line. Click the little arrow left of the BSShaderTextureSet to get the drop down.

post-25667-0-40634300-1419060653_thumb.jpg

Next click the blank area to the right of the purple flower looking thing this will bring up the texture path used for that armor piece. 

post-25667-0-75422600-1419060848_thumb.jpg

If you double click the texture path it will highlight it and you can copy and paste it into notebook and check and see if the texture path in the nif is the same as the texture path in your game folder. If they do not match then you have to change it in the nif so that they match. If the texture file is missing or missplaced you can search for the .dds file by copying the name and then using the folders search bar to see if it is in a different place.

If it is showing up correctly in nifskope and not in game it could be a mod causing it. Does it only happen when the player is pregnant? If it only appears like that when pregnant then it would be something with a pregnancy addon that is causing it.

Or it could be something with the texture file nif file. When you click the armor in nifskope does just the armor highlight or does it highlight hidden vertices that cover the bare skin areas? If the whole body highlights then you need to check the .dds files name and see if it matches the _n.dds file name if they do not match in name then the _n.dds file needs to be changed or that can cause weirdness in game. Say you have a .dds file named croppedshirtcamo.dds you would also need a _n.dds file named croppedshirtcamo_n.dds.

If you make a copy of a .dds file and change the name and then modify it you would also have to make a copy of the _n.dds file and name it to whatever you named the modified .dds file to.

From the pic, I don't think you're checking the same mesh. Halstrom could confirm better, but I guess pregnancy is made by 4 different versions of every armor, and it equips the right one concerning your "stage" via script. So you should check on nifskope the one at the stage you were in game (3rd ? 4th stage? you were already a good whale)

Yeah it's possible it's a screwup with a ghost suit texture applied to wrong node thingy, I'll have a look at P3 & P4 Kerrigans to check, but no fix coming till 12th Jan as I'm on phone internet till then :)

I suspect it's P5 but can't see anything wrong with it in GECK window, maybe someone else who knows more about node stuff can have a lok and see how it works?

Archived