Please Help! (Bodyslide)

DzOnIxD

Hi everyone, I'm having a very annoying problem. When i go to bodyslide and when I create a body I save it and go "build". When I enter the game my character still has the original CBBE body. I don't know if some of my mods are the problem, but i reinstalled Bodyslide a bunch of times and no luck. It used to work a few days ago but now it doesn't. I would really appreciate help.

Did you install any new mods that might come with their own body meshes? Its probably just the meshes being loaded from another mod over the bodyslide generated ones. I made that mistake once with CT77's armor mod. Turned out it came with its own body meshes that I had to replace.

The Pregnancy scaling body may be overwriting your newly created one. If you use Mod Organizer, there's a simple solution: Use 7zip to make a new mod "mynewbody" (or something like that) from meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif, then install that mod and place it at the end of your load order. Just make sure it's a pregnancy scaling body, too, else you'll lose that function (unless you want to lose it).

Do you have the problem with standard races, or just custom races (ningheim, succubus, temptress etc) ?

Because BS2 only creates the files in the common folder for standard races. Anything with its own bodies needs to be copied over manually.

Bodyslide needs admin rights to change files.

Well, unless you have a mod installed that changes the path of vanilla body meshes, and you ran BS2 as admin, selected the correct options and built the bodies, it is technically not possible to NOT have the body working in the game.

Because BS2 will overwrite any existing files without asking for confirmation, and in case another mod would for example have a body replacer in an .bsa archive, the loose files created by BS2 would still work because Skyrim always loads loose files instead of archives (if there are any).

Bodyslide needs admin rights to change files.

Well, unless you have a mod installed that changes the path of vanilla body meshes, and you ran BS2 as admin, selected the correct options and built the bodies, it is technically not possible to NOT have the body working in the game.

Because BS2 will overwrite any existing files without asking for confirmation, and in case another mod would for example have a body replacer in an .bsa archive, the loose files created by BS2 would still work because Skyrim always loads loose files instead of archives (if there are any).

Pretty sure I compiled the BodySlide EXE with the manifest set so it's requiring admin rights to even start up, though.

Managing the installation with NMM just sucks. It often crashes when trying to uninstall mods, or "forgets" to delete some files.

I wanted to switch over to MO some time ago, starting with FNV. But some Gopher mods definitely could not be installed with MO so i kept NMM until today.

Archived