What did you screw up today ?

Redflyingmonkey

Please tell me about your daily boo-boos, oopsies, "well, shit" moments. I'm sure you fucked something up today, everyone does, but c'mon man, make your fuck up useful and lighten someone else's day with it ! Only one at a time though, okay ?

Like, 

Shoved a straw all the way up my nose this evening, was trying to drink from a friend's "Sex on the Beach" cocktail too and it took a really pretty reddish color when I snorted my blood all over it. 

I was doing stage crew in the arts centre in my area and I was in charge of the smoke machine for one particular scene. It was my first time using the machine ever, I usually do the heavy lifting so I was out of my comfort zone. My stage manager said to me "When you see my red light across the stage, turn the smoke on" And that I did. I turned it on and noticed that quite a lot of smoke was being dispensed. My manager's light was still on so I left my machine on. Soon I realised that I couldn't see the light anymore, it was covered in smoke. So I turned it off.

Well shit. I was supposed to turn it on and off in quick short bursts, with gaps in between. I pretty much suffocated the poor fuckers on stage and the entire scene went to shit. Everybody missed their cues because they couldn't see and I got cut from the smoke machine.

Im dreading coming in tomorrow, I'm going to get fucking scolded by the director. Thank you for creating this topic by the way. Perfectly timed.

On Friday I have this virtual "Endurance Race" in a Simracing game.

So I thought on Wednesday that I should be spending some time, doing some practice laps and find a good setup for the car I'm gonna use.

So, I ran to the kitchen to grab some Energy drinks, and then I launched the game up. Really hyped as well!

Picked the server, and then the car, and then press the "join" button.

Track is now loading and BAM, I'm on the server.

I see that I'm not alone, and we all greet each other, and I start to do some minor adjustments to the car, and then took it out for a spin.

Wasn't really happy, so back to the pits, and do some more tweaking and then headed back on the track again, to do some more testing.

Now I'm happy, and decide to see how many laps I can do until the tires is pretty much completely worn out, so I can plan for the pitstops.

After one hour and thirty minutes, I lost concentration for a brief moment, and accidentally down-shifted from 4th gear down to 1st, and my engine just blows up!

My car slowly stops (naturally) and I sitting here like "WTF?! What did I just do?!?!"

Now the even sadder part is, on this very lap, I had just requested a pitstop, to re-fuel and change tires.....

Now, we have this rule, if a car breaks down, or we crash etc etc, and the damage is so severe, so it can't be fixed in the pit (in my case, it was, since I wasn't even able to move to the pit),  we MUST sit out the remaining time. In a way, and depending on the damage, this is to simulate (getting a new engine and fix the car) that it takes quite some time to repair the car. So that means, no more practice for me, until Friday evening.

And I can't rejoin the server, since it's already has register me being there earlier, and that my engine blew up. :dodgy:

On Friday I have this virtual "Endurance Race" in a Simracing game.

So I thought on Wednesday that I should be spending some time, doing some practice laps and find a good setup for the car I'm gonna use.

So, I ran to the kitchen to grab some Energy drinks, and then I launched the game up. Really hyped as well!

Picked the server, and then the car, and then press the "join" button.

Track is now loading and BAM, I'm on the server.

I see that I'm not alone, and we all greet each other, and I start to do some minor adjustments to the car, and then took it out for a spin.

Wasn't really happy, so back to the pits, and do some more tweaking and then headed back on the track again, to do some more testing.

Now I'm happy, and decide to see how many laps I can do until the tires is pretty much completely worn out, so I can plan for the pitstops.

After one hour and thirty minutes, I lost concentration for a brief moment, and accidentally down-shifted from 4th gear down to 1st, and my engine just blows up!

My car slowly stops (naturally) and I sitting here like "WTF?! What did I just do?!?!"

Now the even sadder part is, on this very lap, I had just requested a pitstop, to re-fuel and change tires.....

Now, we have this rule, if a car breaks down, or we crash etc etc, and the damage is so severe, so it can't be fixed in the pit (in my case, it was, since I wasn't even able to move to the pit),  we MUST sit out the remaining time. In a way, and depending on the damage, this is to simulate (getting a new engine and fix the car) that it takes quite some time to repair the car. So that means, no more practice for me, until Friday evening.

And I can't rejoin the server, since it's already has register me being there earlier, and that my engine blew up. :dodgy:

this may brighten your day, sure did mine.

Yet again tried to toast some bread to a suitable standard without smoke alarm going off. Failed miserably. So stood on sideboard, then on bread box to reach it, (was fairly high up), and managed to pull the whole unit off the wall while trying to remove the battery - together with a suitably large amount of plaster. So Yeh! can cook again without annoying noise, (I wear a hat when it goes off, but it annoys the cat), but booo!, (if landlady notices).

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I drove like a champ two days ago when I came back home completely drunk. The cops called my house today and said they caught me on the CCTV driving like a moron on the tramway rails and that I have to pay a 290€ fine. I don't even remember man ... 

We had our run in the other time (where I wasn't judging you) and I hope, the past is the past......

But this time, I actually am judging you. Driving drunk is not ok. It would be if you only endanger yourself. I could not care less if you drive drunk and wrap yourself around a tree (Besides for the people, who have to mop you up).

But driving drunk and maybe plowing into a group of others...... different story.

Drunk driving is more of a danger to others than yourself.

Please refrain from doing so in the future, I beg you.

What did I screw up today?

Does "everything" count?

Yeah that was stupid, nothing to say to that. Second time in my life i've done it and on top of the guilty conscience, I also got that fine to pay. Got what I deserved there. Still a major screw up in every way ..

+1 for the realisation/insight

But really, please either leave your keys at home and take a taxi or drop your keys to the bartender the next time you are out for some drinks or a party night.

Had a disagreement with my employer, told him to go get fucked. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it tomorrow.

I told my boss to go fuck himself after working for 32 hours straight and he said I wasnt committed to the job.  After some talking, I was allowed to start scheduling my own hours and the hours of people on second shift when I worked.  Sometimes it's best to tell someone to go fuck themselves xD

Archived